Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180532 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36570: Jul 27, 2018 10:54:53 pm
      So if we sell Origi (27m), Ings (20m), Mignolet (12m), and Markovic (7m), our net spend will be under £90m for this window having strengthened the squad significantly and gotten rid of dead wood.

Pretty impressive business that.

It should also leave us with money for another player should Klopp still fancy one late addition.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #36571: Jul 28, 2018 02:07:04 am
      VVD getting injured doesn't bother me half as much as Robertson getting injured and us having to put Moreno back in at left back. He seems to have an ability to instill a deep malaise in that area of the pitch once he comes in. He doesn't track back nearly as quickly as Robertson and his attacking play, despite being found in advanced positions quite often, leaves A LOT to be desired. Rarely does he pull off something that will result in something productive for our attack. And then there is his defending. He leaves acres of space in the left back area, struggles to get tight to his man, gets skinned far too often and generally looks a fool. He's very lucky to still be at Liverpool. The notion that he started last season well is a myth evidenced by the shitloads of goals we were letting in during those first couple of months. No one in our back line came out of that period well. We only really started to improve as a defence once Robbo cemented his place there and VVD and, though some people don't admit it, Karius became first choice in January.

I would not hesitate to install Milner back in at left back in the event of Robbo not being available. Moreno is a complete non starter.

His second half performance in the 2016 Europa League Final did it for me, he’s not good enough for a back up LB!!

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #36572: Jul 28, 2018 04:17:18 am
      VVD getting injured doesn't bother me half as much as Robertson getting injured and us having to put Moreno back in at left back. He seems to have an ability to instill a deep malaise in that area of the pitch once he comes in. He doesn't track back nearly as quickly as Robertson and his attacking play, despite being found in advanced positions quite often, leaves A LOT to be desired. Rarely does he pull off something that will result in something productive for our attack. And then there is his defending. He leaves acres of space in the left back area, struggles to get tight to his man, gets skinned far too often and generally looks a fool. He's very lucky to still be at Liverpool. The notion that he started last season well is a myth evidenced by the shitloads of goals we were letting in during those first couple of months. No one in our back line came out of that period well. We only really started to improve as a defence once Robbo cemented his place there and VVD and, though some people don't admit it, Karius became first choice in January.

I would not hesitate to install Milner back in at left back in the event of Robbo not being available. Moreno is a complete non starter.

If Robertson gets injured or does a suarez and bites someone and we lose him for a considerable amount of time then I agree we will be in big trouble if Moreno gets a lengthy run in the side.

If it's just an occasional rest for Robbo then I've got no problem with that though.

It wasn't a myth, morenos performances did improve at the start of last season. I'm not saying his performances were good enough for Liverpool but his chaotic moments were much more limited. He seemed to have matured slightly and wasn't anywhere near as erratic.

Moreno will make a big mistake every 3 or 4 games so a long run in the team worries me because we all know at some point he will cost us. Putting him in every now and then in one off games we will probably get away with it though.

The same logic applies to Lovren which I've voiced my opinions on recently. He is similar to Moreno where he is a liability and he has big mistakes in him. They may not be as frequent as Moreno but they will still happen and just like Moreno, at some point, he will cost us.

Having dejan in the squad and filling in for us every now and then wouldn't bother me. Just like Moreno we will probably get away with it.  But giving dejan a lengthy run in the team and what's worse even making him first choice alongside VVD then he will make big errors eventually and they will bite us on the arse.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #36573: Jul 28, 2018 10:00:11 am
      If Robertson gets injured or does a suarez and bites someone and we lose him for a considerable amount of time then I agree we will be in big trouble if Moreno gets a lengthy run in the side.

If it's just an occasional rest for Robbo then I've got no problem with that though.

It wasn't a myth, morenos performances did improve at the start of last season. I'm not saying his performances were good enough for Liverpool but his chaotic moments were much more limited. He seemed to have matured slightly and wasn't anywhere near as erratic.

Moreno will make a big mistake every 3 or 4 games so a long run in the team worries me because we all know at some point he will cost us. Putting him in every now and then in one off games we will probably get away with it though.

The same logic applies to Lovren which I've voiced my opinions on recently. He is similar to Moreno where he is a liability and he has big mistakes in him. They may not be as frequent as Moreno but they will still happen and just like Moreno, at some point, he will cost us.

Having dejan in the squad and filling in for us every now and then wouldn't bother me. Just like Moreno we will probably get away with it.  But giving dejan a lengthy run in the team and what's worse even making him first choice alongside VVD then he will make big errors eventually and they will bite us on the arse.

Milner at LB?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #36574: Jul 28, 2018 10:04:14 am
      Christian Pulisic rejected a new contract offer with dortmund  :blush: :blush:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36575: Jul 28, 2018 10:16:55 am

Or Clyne, if needs must, I think we have adequate cover throughout the defence. I wouldn't mind another top CB but I think we are ok in that department as well.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36576: Jul 28, 2018 10:29:13 am
      Christian Pulisic rejected a new contract offer with dortmund  :blush: :blush:

He’s apparently in the shop window according to Bild. Was Klopp serious when he said you have no be ready if the opportunity arises? And if so, will the 70m be palatable for a 19 year old?
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #36577: Jul 28, 2018 10:49:13 am
      He’s apparently in the shop window according to Bild. Was Klopp serious when he said you have no be ready if the opportunity arises? And if so, will the 70m be palatable for a 19 year old?

If he is available, we would be idiots not to sign him.  With the World Cup coming to America in 8 years, Pulisic is primed to be leading the USMNT.  He will be worth 70M as a marketing ploy for that reason alone.  Plus, hes a decent little player 😎
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36578: Jul 28, 2018 10:51:01 am
      We have to go for Pulisic.

He will be worth 3 times the asking price in 12 months.

Can play anywhere in the forward line even as a number 10.

Jürgen you know what to do!
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #36579: Jul 28, 2018 12:09:32 pm
      So if we sell Origi (27m), Ings (20m), Mignolet (12m), and Markovic (7m), our net spend will be under £90m for this window having strengthened the squad significantly and gotten rid of dead wood.

Pretty impressive business that.

It should also leave us with money for another player should Klopp still fancy one late addition.

If we get the figures you mention will show my ass at town clock
      Kopite78
      Reply #36580: Jul 28, 2018 12:24:53 pm
      If we get the figures you mention will show my ass at town clock

Net we get close to on all except Markovic who looks to be going on loan for the last 12 months of his deal then leaving on a free
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #36581: Jul 28, 2018 12:34:28 pm
      Net we get close to on all except Markovic who looks to be going on loan for the last 12 months of his deal then leaving on a free

Hope your right but if we get 27m for Origi on showing in last year it would  beat anything we have done
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36582: Jul 28, 2018 01:05:38 pm
      We have to go for Pulisic.

He will be worth 3 times the asking price in 12 months.

Can play anywhere in the forward line even as a number 10.

Jürgen you know what to do!

Surely the owners have to be keen on this as well, it really is a no brainer from all perspectives, marketing, footballing etc Lets just find the money somewhere.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #36583: Jul 28, 2018 03:00:03 pm
      His second half performance in the 2016 Europa League Final did it for me, he’s not good enough for a back up LB!!

And he can't even blame concussion.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #36584: Jul 28, 2018 04:13:11 pm
      Regarding Pulisic.....NBC should lobby The Premiere League to go after this American balls to the walls....and work out a financial arrangement to help subsidize the transfer cost. If this kid is the real deal and the future face of US Soccer, then NBC will want him as a major attraction on their weekly broadcasts to the US.
      Unfortunately, the Premiere League has locked in their broadcast rights in the US market through 2021-22 so the league's financial upside would be limited....but talk about a branding opportunity for the league and the team that signs him. The Liverpool wave over the shores of the US could turn into a tidal wave.
      Come on Henry.....dig deep
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36585: Jul 28, 2018 04:21:42 pm
      Regarding Pulisic.....NBC should lobby The Premiere League to go after this American balls to the walls....and work out a financial arrangement to help subsidize the transfer cost. If this kid is the real deal and the future face of US Soccer, then NBC will want him as a major attraction on their weekly broadcasts to the US.
      Unfortunately, the Premiere League has locked in their broadcast rights in the US market through 2021-22 so the league's financial upside would be limited....but talk about a branding opportunity for the league and the team that signs him. The Liverpool wave over the shores of the US could turn into a tidal wave.
      Come on Henry.....dig deep

I don’t want to buy him because it will be good for US soccer or good for the clubs marketability. I want to buy him because he will improve our team. End of. There should be no other reasoning that enters the discussion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36586: Jul 28, 2018 04:23:24 pm
      I don’t want to buy him because it will be good for US soccer or good for the clubs marketability. I want to buy him because he will improve our team. End of. There should be no other reasoning that enters the discussion.

Don't be so naive, for the owners the marketability is very important. The fact that he's one of the most exciting young talents around is just a bonus to them.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #36587: Jul 28, 2018 04:35:08 pm
      Can Pulisic play as part of a midfield three?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36588: Jul 28, 2018 04:36:37 pm

He's player in AM numerous times for Dortmund and looked comfortable.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36589: Jul 28, 2018 04:41:22 pm

Mainly plays on the right for dortmund, didn't have a great season last yesr but wasn't alone in that
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36590: Jul 28, 2018 04:45:39 pm
      Mainly plays on the right for dortmund, didn't have a great season last yesr but wasn't alone in that

You probably watch Dortmund more than anyone here, do you rate Pulisic as highly as some here? And if you had to choose, who would you have, Brandt, Bailey, Pulisic or Chiesa ? :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36591: Jul 28, 2018 04:50:25 pm

He's technically an AM for the national team. He can play that position just fine.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #36592: Jul 28, 2018 05:43:56 pm
      Has there actually been any substantial link to Pulisic?

Quick Reply