Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178844 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36616: Jul 29, 2018 05:52:03 pm
      Lovren shaved his head.

The man means business.

He's not getting injured this season.

I can only experience and say shaving your head doesn't guarantee anything other than your ears getting cold in winter
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36619: Jul 30, 2018 05:20:10 am
      If Pulisic ends up at Chelsea then gutted wont even begin to cut it. Klopp literally indicated that we hadn’t moved for him because he wasn’t available. Reckon he’d jump at the chance, seems suited to us and the ideal player FSG would want too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36620: Jul 30, 2018 09:46:17 am
      If Pulisic ends up at Chelsea then gutted wont even begin to cut it. Klopp literally indicated that we hadn’t moved for him because he wasn’t available. Reckon he’d jump at the chance, seems suited to us and the ideal player FSG would want too.

Yes it doesn't make sense for us not to sign Pulisic unless the owners won't pay up or the player wants to go somewhere else.

It would be ridiculous for either to happen.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36621: Jul 30, 2018 11:43:16 am
      Yes it doesn't make sense for us not to sign Pulisic unless the owners won't pay up or the player wants to go somewhere else.

It would be ridiculous for either to happen.

Weird that there are hardly any rumours on this, could that be a good sign?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36622: Jul 30, 2018 01:03:35 pm
      Weird that there are hardly any rumours on this, could that be a good sign?

Not forgetting the ever cheerful Pearce hasn’t waded in with his opinion of how it’s not going to happen.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #36623: Jul 31, 2018 11:42:35 am
      Maybe Liverpool could do with Pulicic what we did with Keita ... agree a deal now for next summer.

Good for them, good for us and good for the player himself.

In 12 months time he could be one of the most sought after players in the world. The feeling is that he fancies us and vice versa. Catch them all knapping and get it done now for next season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36624: Jul 31, 2018 11:43:56 am
      Maybe Liverpool could do with Pulicic what we did with Keita ... agree a deal now for next summer.

In 12 months time he could be one of the most sought after players in the world. The feeling is that he fancies us and vice versa. Catch them all knapping and get it done now for next season.

I like that and suspect that might be what happens, it would make good good sense.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36625: Jul 31, 2018 12:06:16 pm

I think this very deal could be going on behind the scenes.

At least I hope so.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #36626: Jul 31, 2018 02:07:30 pm
      I think we are done. I suppose we should feel pretty happy but I am still of the belief this was the window to go all out and try to finally close the gap on City. I suppose Jürgen knows what he’s doing though so let’s go.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36627: Jul 31, 2018 02:14:26 pm
      I think we are done. I suppose we should feel pretty happy but I am still of the belief this was the window to go all out and try to finally close the gap on City. I suppose Jürgen knows what he’s doing though so let’s go.

Must admit, I have been thinking that if we have no one by midweek, then that’s it for us and incomings. Bit disappointed to an extent because we are still lacking a reliable, non-injury prone CB partner for Virgil. Can’t help but feel that if anything costs us this season, it will be that. Too much faith being put in 4 players that have proved unreliable so far (Lovren, Matip, Klavan and Gomez) both form and fitness wise.

A Coutinho replacement would have been good but not as essential as the CB IMO.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36628: Jul 31, 2018 02:26:50 pm
      Must admit, I have been thinking that if we have no one by midweek, then that’s it for us and incomings. Bit disappointed to an extent because we are still lacking a reliable, non-injury prone CB partner for Virgil. Can’t help but feel that if anything costs us this season, it will be that. Too much faith being put in 4 players that have proved unreliable so far (Lovren, Matip, Klavan and Gomez) both form and fitness wise.

A Coutinho replacement would have been good but not as essential as the CB IMO.

We have a Coutinho replacement in Keita and/or Shaquiri. How on earth can you be disappointed in this summers transfer dealing, they have been fantastic, we have strengthened in all necessary areas and assuming we don't suffer some real injury nightmares then we have a real chance at winning the league. Another factor is that integrating 4 new players is already on the limit, but 5 starts to get a bit silly.
      I would however hope that we have some kind of agreement in place with Dortmund to get Pulisic next season, some sort of Keita deal, that would be perfect.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36629: Jul 31, 2018 03:21:18 pm
      We have a Coutinho replacement in Keita and/or Shaquiri. How on earth can you be disappointed in this summers transfer dealing, they have been fantastic, we have strengthened in all necessary areas and assuming we don't suffer some real injury nightmares then we have a real chance at winning the league. Another factor is that integrating 4 new players is already on the limit, but 5 starts to get a bit silly.
      I would however hope that we have some kind of agreement in place with Dortmund to get Pulisic next season, some sort of Keita deal, that would be perfect.

Yes we've added some real quality and improved our starting 11 with the arrivals of Alisson and Keita but I wouldn't get carried away. We are still short on depth and squad strength does not get close to City or the Manx's.

Take our front 4. We've got Shakira to come in and sub for either of Salah or Mane. I can live with that, I think he'll do quite well. If Firmino is injured it's more complicated, Studge maybe can do it but he doesn't press the ball so he compromises the way we play. Solanke (I'm sorry he's shi...te) and Ings (ditto) aren't up to it so that means Mo shifting into the 9 shirt. In this situation who now offers cover (or a change up) off the bench? Maybe Lallana but he is better suited to a central role.

Centre midfield looks excellent but even there we are two players in (Keita and Fabinho) and 2 out (Can and Ox), remember we were down to just 3 fit CMs the month of the season.

Bottom line for me. Starting lineup looks excellent, depth and quality (with the exception of CM) is still lacking for a side wanting to challenge on 4 fronts this season. As it stands we're expecting players like Solanke, Moreno and or zings/Origi plus some of the youngsters to contribute or be ready to help off the bench (or start in event if injury). I'm not too comfortable with that.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2018 03:30:07 pm by Scottbot »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36630: Jul 31, 2018 03:56:40 pm
      Yes we've added some real quality and improved our starting 11 with the arrivals of Alisson and Keita but I wouldn't get carried away. We are still short on depth and squad strength does not get close to City or the Manx's.

Take our front 4. We've got Shakira to come in and sub for either of Salah or Mane. I can live with that, I think he'll do quite well. If Firmino is injured it's more complicated, Studge maybe can do it but he doesn't press the ball so he compromises the way we play. Solanke (I'm sorry he's shi...te) and Ings (ditto) aren't up to it so that means Mo shifting into the 9 shirt. In this situation who now offers cover (or a change up) off the bench? Maybe Lallana but he is better suited to a central role.

Centre midfield looks excellent but even there we are two players in (Keita and Fabinho) and 2 out (Can and Ox), remember we were down to just 3 fit CMs the month of the season.

Bottom line for me. Starting lineup looks excellent, depth and quality (with the exception of CM) is still lacking for a side wanting to challenge on 4 fronts this season. As it stands we're expecting players like Solanke, Moreno and or zings/Origi plus some of the youngsters to contribute or be ready to help off the bench (or start in event if injury). I'm not too comfortable with that.

I think you are being a bit harsh there to be honest, one thing you need to factor in is the return of Lallana, Clyne and also Sturridge, IF he can stay fit. I actually feel the bench is stronger too, not least because some of the youngsters are a year older and wiser. In an ideal world it would be nice to have one more top class striker and one more top class CB but barring serious injury problems we should have enough to have a go, remember than Solanke and/or Ings with Salah or Mane beside them are still pretty damned potent as they are btoh pretty good at pressing, not Bobby good but still pretty good. BTW I'm not at all convinced that Man Utd's squad, incl bench, is that much stronger than ours. Citeh of course is but you can only ever play 11 players.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36631: Jul 31, 2018 04:07:40 pm
      I think windows ends now in terms of incoming which in all likely hood has it been very good transfer window for us as we addressed our two biggest weaknesses in mid-field and in goal. I think a mid-field who can control the game better and a strong goalkeeper will make things easier on the back line which is why I don't think Klopp was too concerned with adding a new CB during this window. I would agree if Fekir deal would of went through it would of been made it a excellent window as what many point out we are little thin in attacking depth up the middle in the number 10 and number 9 position but the hope is maybe Lallana and Sturridge can fill those positions when needed or change in formation when called upon but I can understand some supporting being a iffy on that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #36632: Jul 31, 2018 04:37:17 pm

Completely misunderstanding what I am saying. I said I’d be a bit disappointed because we didn’t get another CB, not that I am disappointed with our business as a whole. There’s a difference. I said the other day how good our summer has been, but do you not think it’s a concern our CB area? We only have 1 reliable CB.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2018 04:43:04 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36633: Jul 31, 2018 04:50:41 pm
      I think you are being a bit harsh there to be honest, one thing you need to factor in is the return of Lallana, Clyne and also Sturridge, IF he can stay fit.

I think all three will be a big bonus if they can stay fit and replicate some of the form they previously shown. But as for Studge, you simply cannot in shape or form plan for him to contribute. If he is fit and able to, brilliant, but consider it a bonus. If Lallana can repeat the form he showed in the previous then brilliant, but much like Studge his entire career has been dogged with injuries going back to his Saints days.

I actually feel the bench is stronger too, not least because some of the youngsters are a year older and wiser. In an ideal world it would be nice to have one more top class striker and one more top class CB but barring serious injury problems we should have enough to have a go, remember than Solanke and/or Ings with Salah or Mane beside them are still pretty damned potent as they are btoh pretty good at pressing, not Bobby good but still pretty good.

I think the bench is stronger too but I don't think it's strong enough, we were down to a bare 11 for the Champions League final, the drop off in quality on the bench was quite shocking hence, Klopp brought on a half-fit Lallana (who was nowhere near ready) when Salah went off and then followed that with a half-fit Can later in the game. I get what you're saying about the youngsters but most of them are heading out on loan. Wilson has gone, Woodburn is about to, Grujic will likely follow suit and Ojo is no where near LFC standard so that only really applies to TAA and Gomez. I'm actually happy enough with things in Central defence but I will always be concerned about the prospect of Robbo getting injured and having Moreno in the side for an extended period. But going back to Solanke, Ings and Origi, all three are simply miles off the quality needed and none of them would get a look in at our rivals imho.

BTW I'm not at all convinced that Man Utd's squad, incl bench, is that much stronger than ours. Citeh of course is but you can only ever play 11 players.

Their bench often has the likes of Rashford, Martial, Mata, Herrera sitting on it. This season we should have players like Lallana and Shakira but upfront we are still lacking in depth. They can play Lukaku, Sanchez or Rashford as a number 9. I wouldn't put an Ings, Origi or Solanke anywhere near those players. I'm not being harsh, it's just an honest assessment. 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #36634: Jul 31, 2018 05:03:18 pm
      Personally would have liked another cb, striker and a regular number 10
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36635: Jul 31, 2018 05:07:26 pm
      Personally would have liked another cb, striker and a regular number 10

Greedy!

Just curious, who would you have liked? :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #36636: Jul 31, 2018 06:10:35 pm
      Greedy!

Just curious, who would you have liked? :)

Number 10 would have been fekir but that isn't happening, cb i would love someone like de ligt or frankie de jong which are more realistic than the likes of giminez. As for a striker really have high hopes for rhian Brewster which isn't a transfer i know
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36637: Jul 31, 2018 06:31:01 pm
      Completely misunderstanding what I am saying. I said I’d be a bit disappointed because we didn’t get another CB, not that I am disappointed with our business as a whole. There’s a difference. I said the other day how good our summer has been, but do you not think it’s a concern our CB area? We only have 1 reliable CB.

Ideally I'd like 1 more CB but the other areas addressed were more pressing.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36638: Jul 31, 2018 11:27:49 pm
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/31/liverpool-consider-offloading-loris-karius-simon-mignolet-summer/

Says Klopp is open to selling both Mignolet AND Karius, and that the latter is a possible target for Bayer Leverkeusen.

For real?

Quick Reply