Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178889 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36662: Aug 02, 2018 01:37:46 pm
      We don't really play with wingers out front line is interchangeable  the true width comes from the likes of Trent and Robertson.

Exactly.

People get so caught up in traditional positions, but Klopp's sides are very fluid.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #36663: Aug 02, 2018 02:48:19 pm
      I would absolutely LOVE to see Pulisic a Red. I think he is certainly the best player we have ever produced. He is still raw but you can see the abilities begin to take shape. I think Klopp could easily turn him into a starter and an elite player. He's 19. Now is the time for him to up his game and compete on a European powerhouse. Dortmund is a great club but its not Liverpool. I hope to wear a Pulisic LFC top one day. Forget Fekir, and make an investment.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36664: Aug 02, 2018 04:00:34 pm
      I would absolutely LOVE to see Pulisic a Red. I think he is certainly the best player we have ever produced. He is still raw but you can see the abilities begin to take shape. I think Klopp could easily turn him into a starter and an elite player. He's 19. Now is the time for him to up his game and compete on a European powerhouse. Dortmund is a great club but its not Liverpool. I hope to wear a Pulisic LFC top one day. Forget Fekir, and make an investment.

Nothing to do with Fekir - I have slowly realized it, but that has been dead since June.

If Pulisic comes here, I don't think it will be this year. He will be starting Champions League matches again at Dortmund. He's in the third best league in the world, it will not hurt his development to stay another year, and Dortmund will have another year on his contract after this season. If he wants to bring him in, Klopp will likely prefer to bring him in for the entire preseason.

I like the player too, and I know it might cost more later, but from a football and team-building perspective, I think waiting actually makes more sense.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #36665: Aug 02, 2018 04:42:05 pm
      Are Salah, Mane, and potentially Keita all going away for the ACON in January?  If yes, we could look a bit short up front during a critical time of the season. 
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #36666: Aug 02, 2018 04:47:39 pm
      We don't really play with wingers out front line is interchangeable  the true width comes from the likes of Trent and Robertson.

Good point about width, but what about pace which is key to our game.  You think Lallana and Solanke are quick enough? not for me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36667: Aug 02, 2018 04:54:14 pm
      Are Salah, Mane, and potentially Keita all going away for the ACON in January?  If yes, we could look a bit short up front during a critical time of the season. 

ACON now in summertime
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36668: Aug 02, 2018 05:29:13 pm

Beat me to it  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #36669: Aug 02, 2018 05:35:18 pm

We would be fu**ed if it wasn't
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36670: Aug 02, 2018 05:46:23 pm

Yep.
      Although Klopp probably knew this change was coming and planned accordingly.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #36671: Aug 02, 2018 05:51:41 pm
      Yep.
      Although Klopp probably knew this change was coming and planned accordingly.

True
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #36672: Aug 02, 2018 06:07:31 pm

What a relief!!  :)
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #36673: Aug 02, 2018 07:37:34 pm

That sounds like a terrible cover of the will Smith song...

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #36674: Aug 02, 2018 08:37:08 pm
      That sounds like a terrible cover of the will Smith song...

Time to sit back and unwind
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36675: Aug 02, 2018 08:54:23 pm

Yes. It really hurt us two seasons ago when Sadio left.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36676: Aug 02, 2018 08:59:40 pm
      Good point about width, but what about pace which is key to our game.  You think Lallana and Solanke are quick enough? not for me.

I would prefer both Ojo at forward and Grujic at midfield would stay, at least until the January loan period. I agree another wide forward would be helpful and while we have six midfielders who have started a number of matches, Grujic has looked very promising to me in the two matches he's played so far. Woodburn is still just 18, but Marko is 22.

But as Heimdall said, it may just signal that these loans are simply shop window endeavors and Jürgen has no real expectations for Ojo or Grujic (or Kent or Wilson) to ever be first team regulars for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36677: Aug 03, 2018 08:18:18 am
      We have enough midfielders? I would say one more of quality is needed, Can is gone and Ox is out long term so we are back to the same amount as last season, we were limping through the last games at the end of the season.

You are forgetting Lallana and at a push Sturridge could probably be used as an AM, IF he's fit, plus we potentially have Curtis Jones or some other youngsters who can fill in. I think we have a much stronger midfield now although it would have been nice with a Pulisic or Fekir and of course its a shame with Ox's injury.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36678: Aug 03, 2018 11:18:17 am
      That's the problem, I didn't forget Lallana it just shows when you have injuries like we had last year we would have to rely on Sturridge or Jones as midfielders, not good enough.

We have an extra midfielder this year, how many more midfielders do you think we need?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36679: Aug 03, 2018 12:49:05 pm
      You are forgetting Lallana and at a push Sturridge could probably be used as an AM, IF he's fit, plus we potentially have Curtis Jones or some other youngsters who can fill in. I think we have a much stronger midfield now although it would have been nice with a Pulisic or Fekir and of course its a shame with Ox's injury.

Can’t see much game time for Lallana this season to be honest, think it will be his last season for the club. Wouldn’t shock me in the slightest to see him leave next summer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36680: Aug 03, 2018 12:59:47 pm
      We have an extra midfielder this year, how many more midfielders do you think we need?

No we don't.

Coutinho hasnt been repaced.
      Can gone to Juventus.
      Ox out for the entire season.

Front 3 can't be expected to front a season without another Left sided attacking option.

I'd argue that LFC still needs that left sided utility option, gone since Coutinho left.

Be that Fekir or someone else, it's still needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36681: Aug 03, 2018 01:30:48 pm
      No we don't.

Coutinho hasnt been repaced.
      Can gone to Juventus.
      Ox out for the entire season.

Front 3 can't be expected to front a season without another Left sided attacking option.

I'd argue that LFC still needs that left sided utility option, gone since Coutinho left.

Be that Fekir or someone else, it's still needed.

Shaquiri may well be that player, not same level as Coutinho of course but useful none the less. If you count Shaquiri as a midfielder, and I see no reason why not, then we have strengthened.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36682: Aug 03, 2018 01:35:31 pm
      Shaquiri may well be that player, not same level as Coutinho of course but useful none the less. If you count Shaquiri as a midfielder, and I see no reason why not, then we have strengthened.

If we look at why the club was short at the end of the season then I still feel to properly strengthen then the team needs one more option that can be utilised across the attacking/midfield area. Especially now that we know Ox is out for the entire season. I was happy enough before it was made public that Ox was not going to feature this season, as I thought he might be the answer for that driving option behind the front 3 (and Shaqiri might still be that option) but I still think the club needs one more in that area to avoid landing at the end of the season with crocks on the bench.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36683: Aug 03, 2018 01:55:00 pm
      If we look at why the club was short at the end of the season then I still feel to properly strengthen then the team needs one more option that can be utilised across the attacking/midfield area. Especially now that we know Ox is out for the entire season. I was happy enough before it was made public that Ox was not going to feature this season, as I thought he might be the answer for that driving option behind the front 3 (and Shaqiri might still be that option) but I still think the club needs one more in that area to avoid landing at the end of the season with crocks on the bench.

At the moment we have the following first team midfielders: Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Lallana and Shaquiri, that is 7 players for 3 positions, barring an injury nightmare that really should be enough especially since we can rotate them all through the season, more than we could last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #36684: Aug 03, 2018 02:24:53 pm

This all day. But Klopp isn't going to settle for second choice this time it seems. Unless Shaqiri is second choice.....

Quick Reply