Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179642 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36685: Aug 03, 2018 02:26:28 pm
      Pulisic Talk

Do you think Christian Pulisic is a real target for Klopp in the near future?

JP: “Yes I do. Klopp’s admiration for Pulisic is well known. He tried and failed to bring him to Liverpool two years ago when Dortmund refused to sell.

“Pulisic has developed a lot since then but he’s still far from the finished article. He only has two years left on his contract and if he doesn’t sign an extension I’d expect LFC to be keen next summer.

“The price tag would probably be more realistic then. As it stands at the moment he wouldn’t get into Klopp’s starting line up. Spending £60m/£70m on a squad player makes little sense.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfers-live-aaron-14984884#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare
      Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #36686: Aug 03, 2018 02:32:10 pm
      Not worth a thread of it's own yet but Twitter awash with Ramsey rumours at the moment could he be another OX who has not reaches his full potential ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36687: Aug 03, 2018 02:32:15 pm
      Pulisic Talk

Do you think Christian Pulisic is a real target for Klopp in the near future?

JP: “Yes I do. Klopp’s admiration for Pulisic is well known. He tried and failed to bring him to Liverpool two years ago when Dortmund refused to sell.

“Pulisic has developed a lot since then but he’s still far from the finished article. He only has two years left on his contract and if he doesn’t sign an extension I’d expect LFC to be keen next summer.

“The price tag would probably be more realistic then. As it stands at the moment he wouldn’t get into Klopp’s starting line up. Spending £60m/£70m on a squad player makes little sense.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfers-live-aaron-14984884#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

I'm not sure how he'd be cheaper next year (if he has a good year at least). Yes he'll only have one year left but he will still have a year left. Teams will know that Dortmund will be willing to sell and there will be a bidding war because we won't be the only team interested at that point.

If we buy him now, yes the price will seem inflated, but we'll be paying a premium to not get into a bidding war next year with other suitors (Real, Bayern, Chelsea, etc....)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36688: Aug 03, 2018 02:32:38 pm
      Not worth a thread of it's own yet but Twitter awash with Ramsey rumours at the moment could he be another OX who has not reaches his full potential ?

No thanks.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36689: Aug 03, 2018 02:37:11 pm

Don't need another midfielder/attacking midfielder. And even next season if he is free, no thanks. We're going for Rabiot who willl be free next summer (if he doesn't leave PSG or sign a new contract) :D

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36690: Aug 03, 2018 02:50:14 pm
      At the moment we have the following first team midfielders: Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Lallana and Shaquiri, that is 7 players for 3 positions, barring an injury nightmare that really should be enough especially since we can rotate them all through the season, more than we could last season.

& I believe only one of those would be suitably interchangeable as part of a front 3 or 4. (Shaqiri not Lallana)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36691: Aug 03, 2018 02:53:16 pm

Overrated and injury prone no better than our current midfield options.

Pass.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36692: Aug 03, 2018 03:09:43 pm
      & I believe only one of those would be suitably interchangeable as part of a front 3 or 4. (Shaqiri not Lallana)

Sorry I'm not quite with you know, are you mixing up forwards with midfielders, well in that case you have to add Ings, Solanke and Sturridge into the mix as well.

We may not be able to play 433 if we have Mane or Salah out injured but we could still easily play a 4-4-2 or some other variant with 2 forwards.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36693: Aug 03, 2018 03:21:50 pm
      Sorry I'm not quite with you know, are you mixing up forwards with midfielders, well in that case you have to add Ings, Solanke and Sturridge into the mix as well.

We may not be able to play 433 if we have Mane or Salah out injured but we could still easily play a 4-4-2 or some other variant with 2 forwards.

I still feel to properly strengthen then the team needs one more option that can be utilised across the attacking/midfield area. Especially now that we know Ox is out for the entire season.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #36694: Aug 03, 2018 06:23:01 pm
      One more attacker would be ideal. Just feel we need someone to deputise for Firmino, who does so much for the team and rarely gets a proper rest.

Yes we have Ings, Solanke & Sturridge, who are by no means bad players, but I think if we had a young type who wouldn’t be too pissed off not starting every game but who is next level sh*t (Pulisic for ex) then that would sort us right out.

I would have no qualms if we sold Ings, Sturridge and Mignolet and got one of them in.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36695: Aug 03, 2018 07:01:47 pm
      Shaquiri may well be that player, not same level as Coutinho of course but useful none the less. If you count Shaquiri as a midfielder, and I see no reason why not, then we have strengthened.

He's a forward mate, I wouldn't class him as a midfielder. He does provide decent cover for Salah and Mane but if one gets injured then we have no real cover (or someone to come off the bench and spice it up). Lallana can play there but he's slow and very different to the Mane/salah. The more likely would be for Keita to assume one of thos positions but Klopp has already stated that he should play centrally and not as a wide forward.

It's been a cracking window but we're still a bit short for my liking and I don't see much of a plan should we suffer a couple of nasty injuries.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36696: Aug 03, 2018 07:03:26 pm
      One more attacker would be ideal. Just feel we need someone to deputise for Firmino, who does so much for the team and rarely gets a proper rest.

Yes we have Ings, Solanke & Sturridge, who are by no means bad players, but I think if we had a young type who wouldn’t be too pissed off not starting every game but who is next level sh*t (Pulisic for ex) then that would sort us right out.

I would have no qualms if we sold Ings, Sturridge and Mignolet and got one of them in.

Same here mate, were a bit shafted if Firmino does himself any serious damage.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36697: Aug 03, 2018 07:09:12 pm
      Overrated and injury prone no better than our current midfield options.

Pass.

That's what the majority in here said about Ox (albeit they got the injury prone bit bang on)
      « Last Edit: Aug 03, 2018 08:39:48 pm by Scottbot »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36698: Aug 03, 2018 08:54:45 pm
      That's what the majority in here said about Ox (albeit they got the injury prone bit bang on)
      I would argue the Overrated too
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36699: Aug 03, 2018 09:46:14 pm
      https://twitter.com/FCJiangsuSuning/status/1025388817782530048

Damn, I was hoping for it to be true and for us to accept a 50m+ offer :D
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #36700: Aug 03, 2018 09:55:47 pm

He did well last season and was showing signs of being a really useful player for the club. Was proving many of the doubters wrong I thought but possibly not yourself by the sounds of it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36701: Aug 05, 2018 10:09:11 am
      http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

KLOPP ADMITS BIG SQUAD SIZE

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has admitted that his squad is too big, but says the club will not be giving players away for free.

He said: "We will see what happens. If any player from my team is available, then in every other situation in my life as a manager I would have bought all of them, to be honest. They are all fantastic boys, they are able to play fantastic football.

"In this moment, the squad would be too big, that's true. But it's not that that means for us that we give them for free or something like that, Liverpool is strong enough to keep all these players and then we deal with that.

"We are not there to make other teams stronger, that's not our job."

KLOPP HINTS AT FINAL SIGNING

Jürgen Klopp has hinted Liverpool's transfer window business may not be over as Deadline Day approaches.

The German manager was asked about potential activity in the final few days of the window, which is due to shut at 5pm on Thursday, following a 5-0 victory over Napoli in Dublin.

"We will see what happens," Klopp replied on the subject of any potential last minute deals".

Maybe another Centre Back with both Klavan and Matip injured, or a Midfielder after the Fekir deal broke down..?
      Or maybe it's just about moving players on
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #36702: Aug 05, 2018 10:24:22 am

We already have a young type forward as you call them. His name is Rhian Brewster.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36703: Aug 05, 2018 11:06:21 am
      We already have a young type forward as you call them. His name is Rhian Brewster.

Yes where is he, I've not seen him in preseason, is he injured or already loaned out?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36704: Aug 05, 2018 12:01:31 pm
      Yes where is he, I've not seen him in preseason, is he injured or already loaned out?

Still doing rehab expected to be back in December.

The kid is something special I think he will be the next great English striker.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36705: Aug 05, 2018 12:53:09 pm
      Still doing rehab expected to be back in December.

The kid is something special I think he will be the next great English striker.

rehab??
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #36706: Aug 05, 2018 09:41:52 pm

I am high on Brewster but at such young age and coming off serious injury it would not be fair to expect him to cover for Bobby, or make any significant contribution, really.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36707: Aug 05, 2018 09:56:29 pm

He done his knee, back end of last season.

Quick Reply