Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179067 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36708: Aug 06, 2018 08:25:39 am
      Very interesting article showing how our transfer dealings have improved over the past few seasons:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/level-up-behind-the-upgrade-in-liverpools-transfer-strategy-191274
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #36709: Aug 06, 2018 10:24:40 am
      Chelsea vs Liverpool - will either club get their hands on Leon Bailey? 🤔

The Bayer Leverkusen star says he has teams chasing his services ✍

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/leon-bailey-on-chelsea-liverpool-transfer-links-theres/630yxqa5i2p41x58pobzrrpt4

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36710: Aug 06, 2018 11:52:34 am
      Chelsea vs Liverpool - will either club get their hands on Leon Bailey? 🤔

The Bayer Leverkusen star says he has teams chasing his services ✍

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/leon-bailey-on-chelsea-liverpool-transfer-links-theres/630yxqa5i2p41x58pobzrrpt4

Don’t know much about him but I get the feeling he’d happily stay and develop more where he is. If Klopp really likes Pulisic but is waiting, I can’t see him going for Bailey who’s in a similar position.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #36711: Aug 06, 2018 12:58:59 pm
      Very interesting article showing how our transfer dealings have improved over the past few seasons:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/level-up-behind-the-upgrade-in-liverpools-transfer-strategy-191274
      Great read, cheers for posting.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #36712: Aug 06, 2018 03:08:18 pm
      Shaping up to be a frantic deadline day.  Most teams aside from us still have a lot of business that needs to be done.  It seems like everyone is gambling on waiting til the last minute to try to get a bargain. 

We have a few players who may well fall into that category as we look to cut our losses and move on:  Markovic, Ings, Origi, Grujic, and Mignolet.  I could easily see any/all of these players being sold for cut rate fees just to get them off the books.  Even at bargain prices, we should still be able to get around 30M net for that quintet of players. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36713: Aug 07, 2018 01:40:55 pm
      Shaping up to be a frantic deadline day.  Most teams aside from us still have a lot of business that needs to be done.  It seems like everyone is gambling on waiting til the last minute to try to get a bargain. 

We have a few players who may well fall into that category as we look to cut our losses and move on:  Markovic, Ings, Origi, Grujic, and Mignolet.  I could easily see any/all of these players being sold for cut rate fees just to get them off the books.  Even at bargain prices, we should still be able to get around 30M net for that quintet of players.

We are trying to sign Grujic to a contract extension so I wouldn't include him in the "trying to get them off the books" category.

I think the only question left for us other than loaning or selling some on the fringe is what will we do re backup goalkeeper. Is it possible Migs AND Karius will be off, and would we use the kids as backup or try to bring someone else in at the last?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36714: Aug 07, 2018 02:24:47 pm
      Grujic supposedly rejected a return to Cardiff. With that c**t in charge, I don't blame him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36715: Aug 07, 2018 03:30:54 pm
      Saw a rumor out there that we are going to try and agree a deal with Pulisic for next summer ala Keita.

Would be a good move if true. Need to wrap him up before someone else does.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #36716: Aug 07, 2018 04:44:51 pm
      Seem to be leaving things a bit late when it comes to players leaving the club and I don’t particularly mind to be honest, as long as it doesn’t prevent us from doing anything in the other direction.

The main thing is that most of our business was done early whereas a lot of other clubs (notably Spurs, Mancs, & Chelsea) still have major question marks about their dealings this summer.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #36717: Aug 07, 2018 05:23:40 pm
      In fairness with players leaving we have loads of time, only transfers in have to be done by Thursday, best part of a month for players out
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #36718: Aug 07, 2018 05:30:37 pm
      In fairness with players leaving we have loads of time, only transfers in have to be done by Thursday, best part of a month for players out
      Yeah, if they are going abroad.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36719: Aug 07, 2018 05:49:16 pm
      Yeah, if they are going abroad.

I doubt we will be selling many of our players to rivals.....
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36720: Aug 07, 2018 06:18:16 pm
      A bit worried about CB.

Apparently Gomez has a slight injury. We seem to be able to only rely on Van Dijk to stay injury free and I'd like us to try and buy a CB before Thursday.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #36721: Aug 07, 2018 06:20:38 pm
      I doubt we will be selling many of our players to rivals.....
      Maybe not rivals as such but you can’t deny a lot of our business is done domestically. Danny ward this season. Mamadou Sakho, Joe Allen, Christian Benteke and Jordon Ibe in the last 2 years then Sterling the season before. I’m sure there are others but can’t think off the top of my head.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #36722: Aug 07, 2018 08:18:52 pm
      A bit worried about CB.

Apparently Gomez has a slight injury. We seem to be able to only rely on Van Dijk to stay injury free and I'd like us to try and buy a CB before Thursday.

No injury Si, just some soreness I read. Completely precautionary unless someone’s trying to hide something.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #36723: Aug 08, 2018 09:03:25 pm
      We one best attacking force in Europe, but look at cback think we still short one or two Gomez and matip always injury and nat Philips is young new playing in premier league,
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36724: Aug 08, 2018 09:27:01 pm
      Seem to be leaving things a bit late when it comes to players leaving the club and I don’t particularly mind to be honest, as long as it doesn’t prevent us from doing anything in the other direction.

The main thing is that most of our business was done early whereas a lot of other clubs (notably Spurs, Mancs, & Chelsea) still have major question marks about their dealings this summer.

Players like Ings will probably have to go tomorrow but we can sell others abroad until the 31st.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #36725: Aug 08, 2018 10:46:24 pm
      Glad the chavs have splashed out on kepa maybe the media will give us a break now on what we paid for Allison. I think we've done the better deal as Kepa is not as experienced as Allison. We've had a great window so far but what happens tomorrow is anyone's guess.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #36726: Aug 09, 2018 12:51:00 am
      It be very good transfers window for us, but l still like one more top cback just in case injury's
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #36727: Aug 09, 2018 09:23:59 am
      There isn't going to be anymore in.

Which is a shame, because I can see a scenario where we need that extra quality in attack, Fekir for example, but we are falling short.

Really think it's a mistake not to have added one more up top but, and it's a big but, it's the best Liverpool squad in ten years and we have put ourselves in the conversation to win things. You win F**k all in August though, we came close in the past with squads no rated and flopped with squads who were praised.

Now it's down to Jürgen and the boys to do the business on the field, if we get some luck with injuries and decisions then hopefully we don't miss that one last attacker.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36728: Aug 09, 2018 10:45:42 am
      Have we actually signed anyone on deadline day in the last few years? Can’t remember anyone coming in on deadline day for a long time.

Can see it being a mistake not getting Fekir in, especially if he ends up at the Chavs. But, sure the boss knows what he’s doing. Hope our pre-season form wasn’t just papering over 1 or 2 cracks left to sort.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36729: Aug 09, 2018 10:50:49 am
      Have we actually signed anyone on deadline day in the last few years? Can’t remember anyone coming in on deadline day for a long time.

Can see it being a mistake not getting Fekir in, especially if he ends up at the Chavs. But, sure the boss knows what he’s doing. Hope our pre-season form wasn’t just papering over 1 or 2 cracks left to sort.

I'd be surprised if it was anything other than a few players moving out.
      Also expect to see some squad players leave before the end of the month.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #36730: Aug 09, 2018 12:24:53 pm
      This window has definitely been our best under FSG ownership (which isn't saying much in truth) but we're still going into the season short yet again.

It seems that klopp was given the choice between a CAM and a GK afterall.

At the end of the day, we sold a 142m player in January and he hasn't been replaced.

Quick Reply