Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178812 times
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36823: Aug 10, 2018 08:41:41 pm
      Yes, outgoings are still allowed (only to Europe, not to PL).

Yes but are incomings allowed as part of the deal?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36824: Aug 10, 2018 08:56:48 pm
      Yes but are incomings allowed as part of the deal?

I don't think you can register a player for the PL, FA and Carling cup now. CL will be possible though! So yeah, we can take the player, but can't play him in the PL, FA and Carling cup, only the CL (if we decide to register).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36825: Aug 11, 2018 01:30:19 pm
      My opinion...Yours is no better than mine as far as Pundits...they do have a way of creating illusions for the sake of market share no?

Is he perfect? No...but i will stand by the assertion that if he was lazy or had real attitude issues the manager would have never allowed him in the squad in the first place...I think that is something that has been proven as fact in regards to our manager.

Take a snapshot of Salah during a match, watch him fail to track back, and then hang around the halfway line, and a lazy pundit could make a case for laziness from that snapshot.

These pundits never seem to consider managers instructions, and Shaqiri was Switzerlands best chance of scoring or creating a goal, which is probably why he stayed up there - managers instructions.

He had a bit of a reputation for not trying in an already relegated Stoke team that refused to use his strengths, and yes that doesn't sit well, but neither can I blame him too much.
      Stoke had a Rolls Royce player that they wanted to use as a Ford Anglia, so it's hard to blame him for not putting in 100% (assuming that was the case.

I think he can have a big impact for us this year.

oh yeah, and most pundits are F***ing idiots, ex-players or not, there's very few who talk any sense.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #36826: Aug 11, 2018 10:52:44 pm
      Offer wolves the world for Neves. Watched him live thought class just seen highligbts F**k  me player
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36827: Aug 12, 2018 11:36:13 am
      Offer wolves the world for Neves. Watched him live thought class just seen highligbts f**k  me player

He is very Alonsoesque in his passing but not as strong as Xabi defensively. He also rushed a few passes on breaks which went to Everton players. But these are both areas he will improve on. He could be world class in another three years if he keeps improving.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36828: Aug 12, 2018 11:37:47 am
      Offer wolves the world for Neves. Watched him live thought class just seen highligbts f**k  me player

No doubt jorge mendes has already got something lined up
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36829: Aug 12, 2018 12:26:47 pm

Nah, we have Fabinho, and what's the point of Neves when we'll be signing Rabiot for free next summer? :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36830: Aug 13, 2018 12:15:15 pm
      With Ox back next season and possibly more youth player's like Jones and Brewster breaking through do we need to sign any players next Summer (assuming we keep all our current players)?

Maybe a versatile number 10 if Klopp still wants one, top CB and backup GK?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36831: Aug 13, 2018 12:21:45 pm
      With Ox back next season and possibly more youth player's like Jones and Brewster breaking through do we need to sign any players next Summer (assuming we keep all our current players)?

Always good to sign at least one quality player every transfer window, to keep everyone on their toes.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36832: Aug 13, 2018 12:22:30 pm

Christ that is looking forward a bit, when we have won the quadruple we will think about it again
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36833: Aug 13, 2018 12:37:12 pm
      Always good to sign at least one quality player every transfer window, to keep everyone on their toes.

True.

I think we will sign Pulisic and a top CB.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36834: Aug 13, 2018 12:38:12 pm
      Christ that is looking forward a bit, when we have won the quadruple we will think about it again

I know mate just excited at the squad depth we have now.  ;D
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #36835: Aug 13, 2018 12:48:31 pm
      True.

I think we will sign Pulisic and a top CB.

Could see us getting Pulisic next summer to replace Mane if he keeps up this kind of form I can see Madrid coming in for him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36836: Aug 13, 2018 01:07:08 pm
      Still think one of Karius/Mignolet will leave before the end of the month,
      along with Markovic & Origi.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36837: Aug 13, 2018 01:07:18 pm
      Could see us getting Pulisic next summer to replace Mane if he keeps up this kind of form I can see Madrid coming in for him.

Maybe but I'm not sure Mane will want to leave especially if we're mixing it with Europe's elite clubs.

Top clubs don't sell their best players unless they force a move.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #36838: Aug 13, 2018 01:08:08 pm

Hopefully mate.

Deadwood will be minimal then.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36839: Aug 13, 2018 01:09:22 pm

Hazard likely to be a more fitting signing for Madrid, hopefully.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36840: Aug 13, 2018 01:12:21 pm

Such a shame Markovic and Origi don't have the mentality to match their talent.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #36841: Aug 13, 2018 02:39:03 pm
      Hazard likely to be a more fitting signing for Madrid, hopefully.

I mean look at Madrid’s squad right now....why would you pick them over us?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36842: Aug 13, 2018 02:44:38 pm
      I mean look at Madrid’s squad right now....why would you pick them over us?

Madrid is a beautiful place to live in, and no doubt those cu*ts will pay more wages! Then you have a league that isn't as taxing as ours, so yeah...
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36843: Aug 13, 2018 02:46:51 pm
      Maybe but I'm not sure Mane will want to leave especially if we're mixing it with Europe's elite clubs.

Top clubs don't sell their best players unless they force a move.

Mane will have 2 years left on his contract next summer if he doesn't sign a new deal?

Love Mane and hope he stays for the next 4-5 seasons at the very least, but there is always someone better, so if we get a crazy 120m+ offer....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36844: Aug 13, 2018 06:10:55 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36845: Aug 13, 2018 06:17:34 pm
      Mane will have 2 years left on his contract next summer if he doesn't sign a new deal?

Love Mane and hope he stays for the next 4-5 seasons at the very least, but there is always someone better, so if we get a crazy 120m+ offer....

Given his contribution in his first season for us two years ago, he's been our best player in that period. I thought he was even better last season because he seemed to add another dimension to his game from deeper and more centrally than the wide man with pace role he had in 2016. He's been coached superbly by Klopp in that time who has unleashed a player who is probably worth treble the 30 odd million valuation we payed for him.

Quick Reply