Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200346 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36938: Sep 06, 2018 05:02:44 pm
      Nice hair
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #36939: Sep 06, 2018 06:21:36 pm
      Classy player Rabiot but aren't we already stacked in midfield?

Unless he's replacing Milner?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36940: Sep 06, 2018 11:28:51 pm

If he's good enough, there's room for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36941: Sep 07, 2018 03:02:34 am

Think that’s a problem City worry about when signing players? You can never have too much quality in one area, you can always improve the team.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36942: Sep 07, 2018 05:52:14 am
      Think that’s a problem City worry about when signing players? You can never have too much quality in one area, you can always improve the team.

Yup, that loaded midfield was not going to stop us from signing Fekir.

Considering Milly's age, Lallana's injury problems, Ox's injury and the fact that the jury is out of Grujic; i have no issues grabbing a quality box to box type of mid-fielder.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #36943: Sep 07, 2018 07:35:47 am
      Yup, that loaded midfield was not going to stop us from signing Fekir.

Considering Milly's age, Lallana's injury problems, Ox's injury and the fact that the jury is out of Grujic; i have no issues grabbing a quality box to box type of mid-fielder.

Oh me neither mate it's just so unusual to see us have a stacked squad of talent and still continue to add quality players. As long as the squad stays happy I'm all for it.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36944: Sep 07, 2018 09:53:00 am

but is he better than the best midfielder in the world, like ever, Henderson ?? ;-)
      We can always improve our midfield options, Milner won't last for ever plus Lallana's best days are behind him as he had transformed into glass and please dear Lord let us upgrade Jordan to someone slightly more dynamic.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36945: Sep 07, 2018 11:46:07 am
      If the rumours are true then it's going to be interesting to see what approach we take. Do we pay a fee in January and get him in January, do we pay a fee and wait until the summer or do we just wait to sign him on a pre-contract agreement? I'd be a fan of either of the first two options as long as the figure doesn't become ridiculous. We have numbers in midfield so we're not desperate at the moment but obviously any injuries to the likes of Lallana and/or Henderson again could change that.

I don't watch a lot of PSG or any French football really but I've seen little tidbits of him on the YouTubes. I didn't realise he was that tall for starters. He looks like a player that always wants the ball and loves to drive forward which suits us perfectly.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36946: Sep 07, 2018 11:57:22 am
      If the rumours are true then it's going to be interesting to see what approach we take. Do we pay a fee in January and get him in January, do we pay a fee and wait until the summer or do we just wait to sign him on a pre-contract agreement? I'd be a fan of either of the first two options as long as the figure doesn't become ridiculous. We have numbers in midfield so we're not desperate at the moment but obviously any injuries to the likes of Lallana and/or Henderson again could change that.

I don't watch a lot of PSG or any French football really but I've seen little tidbits of him on the YouTubes. I didn't realise he was that tall for starters. He looks like a player that always wants the ball and loves to drive forward which suits us perfectly.

If PSG are still in CL, I just can't see them willing to sell him to another CL club in January. Remember, regardless of whether a player played in group stages or not, they will be eligible to play for another CL club in the KO stages. I think PSG will only accept a stupid amount, and I think City are the only ones stupid enough to do that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36947: Sep 07, 2018 12:43:05 pm
      If PSG are still in CL, I just can't see them willing to sell him to another CL club in January. Remember, regardless of whether a player played in group stages or not, they will be eligible to play for another CL club in the KO stages. I think PSG will only accept a stupid amount, and I think City are the only ones stupid enough to do that.

I think that's one of the reasons why I don't think we'll push to sign him in January, it wouldn't make sense financially. It'll be a bit like the situation with Keita where we were linked with a move to sign him in January for like 20m. I forgot about that new CL eligibility rule, it was about time they changed that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36948: Sep 07, 2018 01:32:07 pm
      Article just out in Echo says Klopp not interested. cue trombone music.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #36949: Sep 07, 2018 01:32:12 pm

I don't know that it will take a stupid amount. They can get a little bit out of him now or lose him for nothing in the summer. He's gone either way.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36950: Sep 07, 2018 01:34:57 pm
      I don't know that it will take a stupid amount. They can get a little bit out of him now or lose him for nothing in the summer. He's gone either way.

He could mean more to their Champions League hopes than a couple of quid though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36951: Sep 07, 2018 02:22:32 pm

Have they changed the rules then regarding CL, because I can't recall Coutinho playing for Barca in the CL?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36952: Sep 07, 2018 02:23:35 pm
      Article just out in Echo says Klopp not interested. cue trombone music.

Why would he be when we have Henderso,n the ultimate midfielder, the midfielders midfielder etc etc. :-)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36953: Sep 07, 2018 02:53:38 pm
      Have they changed the rules then regarding CL, because I can't recall Coutinho playing for Barca in the CL?

Yeah, they changed it for this season. I think it should only apply to players out of CL.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36954: Sep 07, 2018 05:30:22 pm
      Yeah, they changed it for this season. I think it should only apply to players out of CL.

So a player can play for one tean in the group stage, get transferred in Jan, then play for his new team in the knockouts?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36955: Sep 07, 2018 05:42:04 pm
      So a player can play for one tean in the group stage, get transferred in Jan, then play for his new team in the knockouts?

Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I dislike the idea of it.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #36956: Sep 07, 2018 07:02:11 pm
      We have pulled out of signing Rabiot.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #36957: Sep 07, 2018 07:21:32 pm

We better not piss PSG off and unsettle the player, they could do a Neymar on us and offer 300m for Salah!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #36958: Sep 07, 2018 07:25:25 pm
      We better not piss PSG off and unsettle the player, they could do a Neymar on us and offer 300m for Salah!

Shhhhh quiet FSG are listening :P
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36959: Sep 08, 2018 05:37:23 am

I read that but every article I have seen for it, it doesn’t give a single mention to where that is coming from, saying we aren’t interested.

I’d be surprised if the club were going to let anything become public about it at this stage though, won’t want to risk getting done for tapping up the player, we technically wouldn’t be able to talk to him until January.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36960: Sep 08, 2018 09:19:46 am

So we haven't pulled a Rabiot out of the hat then.

Quick Reply