Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179687 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #36961: Sep 08, 2018 06:09:12 pm
      So we haven't pulled a Rabiot out of the hat then.

Well played 😂😂😂
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #36962: Sep 09, 2018 08:56:30 am
      In December / January he is free to talk to other clubs under bosman rules. We could, potentially sign him on a pre contract then. That is if all the press hype is to be believed?
      Rohan
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 73 posts |
      Reply #36963: Sep 12, 2018 08:53:58 am
      Yeah. The more I think about it, the more I dislike the idea of it.

I also think you can technically sign a player before a final as well as the window opens before the CL ends.

For example, if the rules applied last year, Salah could have left for Madrid just before we faced them.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36964: Sep 12, 2018 11:11:55 am
      Strange one this, I find a bit hard to believe...

Barcelona are lining up moves for Spanish full-backs Nacho Monreal, 32, and Alberto Moreno, 26, who play for Arsenal and Liverpool respectively.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180911/451750263581/barca-asi-esta-el-mercado-de-ocasion-del-lateral.html

It is reported on the BBC web site along with this...

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36965: Sep 12, 2018 12:01:57 pm

Barcelona are lining up moves for Spanish full-backs Nacho Monreal, 32, and Alberto Moreno, 26, who play for Arsenal and Liverpool respectively.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180911/451750263581/barca-asi-esta-el-mercado-de-ocasion-del-lateral.html

SELL SELL SELL. In all seriousness he seems like a nice enough lad and is capable of good things but also of real fuckups, we need better back up
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36966: Sep 12, 2018 12:19:39 pm

They are looking for back up for jordi alba as they don't reckon young miranda is ready
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36967: Sep 12, 2018 01:53:09 pm
      SELL SELL SELL. In all seriousness he seems like a nice enough lad and is capable of good things but also of real fuckups, we need better back up
      I'm totally with you on this one SELL SELL SELL.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36968: Sep 12, 2018 01:54:29 pm
      They are looking for back up for jordi alba as they don't reckon young miranda is ready
      He is fantastic back Barca', honest  :roll:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #36969: Sep 17, 2018 08:28:33 am

The concept our anthem inspires is completely lost on Mignolet and to imply otherwise would suggest the blame for the F**k ups while he acted as our last line of defence, should be allocated amongst his team mates.

In that scenario and while wearing the LFC shirt he will certainly be walking unaccompanied.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #36970: Sep 19, 2018 10:38:23 pm
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #36971: Sep 19, 2018 11:18:04 pm
      Did somebody watch him against City? Because I have a feeling he could end up like VVD, coming to us in the winter and Liverpool just waits to see if his knee holds further.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #36972: Sep 20, 2018 09:31:51 am
      He certainly isn't thrilled when he scores for Lyon reminds me of Coutinho before he fu**ed off to Barca.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36973: Sep 20, 2018 09:59:34 am
      He certainly isn't thrilled when he scores for Lyon reminds me of Coutinho before he fu**ed off to Barca.

I hope we go back in for Fekir, just take a little risk on him, because wow what a talent and then suddenly we'd have 4 top attackers rather than 3 with Sturridge, Shaquiri and Solanke as very capable back up. Honestly if we can get him in January then the league is ours, it may well be anyway but he would more or less guarantee it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #36974: Sep 20, 2018 04:39:44 pm
      I hope we go back in for Fekir, just take a little risk on him, because wow what a talent and then suddenly we'd have 4 top attackers rather than 3 with Sturridge, Shaquiri and Solanke as very capable back up. Honestly if we can get him in January then the league is ours, it may well be anyway but he would more or less guarantee it.

The club are not going to spend Ā£50mil plus on a player with a knee that can explode at any moment - the club were right to take a step back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36975: Sep 20, 2018 06:17:11 pm
      The club are not going to spend Ā£50mil plus on a player with a knee that can explode at any moment - the club were right to take a step back.

For a reduced transfer fee I'd have a little blimp at the lad, he looked very good last night.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36976: Sep 20, 2018 06:36:06 pm
      For a reduced transfer fee I'd have a little blimp at the lad, he looked very good last night.

He hasn't signed a new contract yet either..next summer he is down to one year left.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36977: Sep 20, 2018 07:55:07 pm
      That could happen to any player at anytime for any reason... So i guess we should stop buying players full stop and start playing Liverpool supporters from the stand, that way if one gets injured we have plenty more options, Think of the millions the club could save  :f_tongueincheek:

It is beginning to  look as if it was a mistake to put out of the Fakir deal
      edit:- Maybe we should look at revisiting talk to buy him in the January window
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36978: Sep 20, 2018 08:05:21 pm
      That could happen to any player at anytime for any reason... So i guess we should stop buying players full stop and start playing Liverpool supporters from the stand, that way if one gets injured we have plenty more options, Think of the millions the club could save  :f_tongueincheek:

If as AZ Patriot said he only has 1 season left on his contract then there is no way we should be paying near Ā£50 million for him. Just maybe Klopp decided we needed a keeper more and put more resources (i.e fee and wages) towards paying for Alisson.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #36979: Sep 20, 2018 11:24:00 pm

He has a known severe issue with his knee - it would be madness to spend Ā£50 mil on someone who has spent a long time out with a very bad knee injury and still has clear issues with it. As a club we canā€™t afford to take risks like that - his talent and ability wasnā€™t ever in doubt but itā€™s a big risk when you have someone who clearly has big issues
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #36980: Sep 21, 2018 01:27:07 am
      He has a known severe issue with his knee - it would be madness to spend Ā£50 mil on someone who has spent a long time out with a very bad knee injury and still has clear issues with it. As a club we canā€™t afford to take risks like that - his talent and ability wasnā€™t ever in doubt but itā€™s a big risk when you have someone who clearly has big issues

Wrong. The medical highlighted a potential problem further down the line. Key part being ā€œpotential problemā€, because he had a surgery carried out in a different way to how it would have been done with us.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #36981: Sep 21, 2018 09:53:16 am
      JĆ¼rgen Klopp changed Liverpool's transfer policy to a "quality over quantity"
      https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-a-total-shift-transfer-policy-brought-about-liverpools-resurgence

I always said that we pursue a "Quantity over Quality" approach under Rafa, It is nice to here that the current manager will no longer be doing the same
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #36982: Sep 21, 2018 12:45:22 pm
      JĆ¼rgen Klopp changed Liverpool's transfer policy to a "quality over quantity"
      https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-a-total-shift-transfer-policy-brought-about-liverpools-resurgence

I always said that we pursue a "Quantity over Quality" approach under Rafa, It is nice to here that the current manager will no longer be doing the same

Rafa didnt have 2 pennys to rub together most of his time here not really a fair comparison
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36983: Sep 21, 2018 01:06:07 pm
      Rafa didnt have 2 pennys to rub together most of his time here not really a fair comparison

I'm not convinced that he had much less than Klopp has spent to be honest, it used to infuriate me that rafa would regularly bring in about 5 players each summer when he should have been bringing in 1 or 2 top names instead.

Quick Reply