Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4211662 times
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37996: Jan 08, 2019 02:12:17 pm
      Camacho leaving for sporting CP

Will this ravaging of the squad never end!?!?!

;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37997: Jan 08, 2019 02:19:58 pm

;D
      on loan?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37998: Jan 08, 2019 03:13:55 pm

Permanent I think.
      Seen a bit of talk about Bruno Fernandes, he would be a boss signing and apparently available at a decent price too so maybe Camacho is a sweetener in the deal, whilst getting his wish to return to Portugal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37999: Jan 08, 2019 03:19:36 pm

;D

Not that he was in the main squad but are we not really exposing ourselves here, for example what if half the team get a bug or something, do we then have to dip into the U18 team now? This is all getting a bit silly I think but I'll just have to hope Klopp knows what he is doing in removing all fringe players from the squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38000: Jan 08, 2019 03:26:22 pm
      Not that he was in the main squad but are we not really exposing ourselves here, for example what if half the team get a bug or something, do we then have to dip into the U18 team now? This is all getting a bit silly I think but I'll just have to hope Klopp knows what he is doing in removing all fringe players from the squad.

What’s getting silly is some people’s reaction, you’d think we are getting rid of players that have actually played a part at the club over the last couple of years. Even though only 2 players have actually gone, it’s looking like 3 or 4 players to have potentially left at this rate with Clyne, Solanke, Origi and Camacho and when you take out Solanke and his ineffective 26 performances, I don’t think the other 3 have even mustered together 10 appearances between them in the last 2 years.
      Let’s get a sense of perspective shall we, we are getting rid of players that virtually never play for us. If we were getting rid of Mane, loaning our Trent, loaning out Gomez and selling Gini then I think the reaction would be fully justified, but not for players that don’t play. It’s like throwing away some old clothes that haven’t been worn in years, unless you keep them just in case you need them...knowing full well they won’t be worn again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #38001: Jan 08, 2019 03:38:22 pm
      What do people think about Isco?

We’ve been linked with him a few times over the years eh? Seen a rumour about us being interested but don’t have the link unfortunately.

Isco? Yes please.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38002: Jan 08, 2019 03:56:35 pm
      What’s getting silly is some people’s reaction, you’d think we are getting rid of players that have actually played a part at the club over the last couple of years. Even though only 2 players have actually gone, it’s looking like 3 or 4 players to have potentially left at this rate with Clyne, Solanke, Origi and Camacho and when you take out Solanke and his ineffective 26 performances, I don’t think the other 3 have even mustered together 10 appearances between them in the last 2 years.
      Let’s get a sense of perspective shall we, we are getting rid of players that virtually never play for us. If we were getting rid of Mane, loaning our Trent, loaning out Gomez and selling Gini then I think the reaction would be fully justified, but not for players that don’t play. It’s like throwing away some old clothes that haven’t been worn in years, unless you keep them just in case you need them...knowing full well they won’t be worn again.

Its not who were selling Kenny. Were 17 games out from the end of season were we might just end the wait. Add in the champions league. Are we really thinking we can do both tonour best ability with 15 or 16 players?

1 fit centre half of legal age. 1 right full 1 left full. Origi will lead the way should one of the trio pick up an injury or suspension?

Lets be realistic...the outs plus 0 ins leaves us very very very tight on bodies. People are totally entitled to have concerns
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #38003: Jan 08, 2019 04:09:52 pm
      Permanent I think.
      Seen a bit of talk about Bruno Fernandes, he would be a boss signing and apparently available at a decent price too so maybe Camacho is a sweetener in the deal, whilst getting his wish to return to Portugal.

Is there anything official re Rafa?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38004: Jan 08, 2019 04:11:41 pm

Nope. Absolutely nothing that I’ve seen anyway.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38005: Jan 08, 2019 04:14:28 pm
      Permanent I think.

Hope so mate I've been hoping we sign Fernandes since the Summer. Very classy player in the same mould as Bernardo Silva.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38006: Jan 08, 2019 04:17:32 pm

I agree that these are not key players, although Clyne is debateable in my opinion, but you must agree that it does weaken the overall squad, even if just a little bit. If Camacho is not needed then why did he play yesterday, same for Origi? In a similar situation/match, quite possible due to injuries etc, who would we chose to play now?
      I just cannot understand deliberately weakening the squad, it makes no sense to me.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #38007: Jan 08, 2019 04:21:36 pm
      Hope so mate I've been hoping we sign Fernandes since the Summer. Very classy player in the same mould as Bernardo Silva.

Possibly the oppo player in the Prem I covet most.

I think he’s a wonderful player and his shithousery on Thu just increased my admiration;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38008: Jan 08, 2019 10:26:23 pm
      If Camacho is not needed then why did he play yesterday, same for Origi?
      i said before game, we are using FA cup to showcase talent for sale.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38009: Jan 08, 2019 10:30:31 pm
      Possibly the oppo player in the Prem I covet most.

I think he’s a wonderful player and his shithousery on Thu just increased my admiration;)

Yea he's pure class he'll be the perfect long term replacement for David Silva unfortunately.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38010: Jan 08, 2019 10:48:10 pm

Supposedly we are waiting to see if he signs a new deal. Club tend to wait until this happens before authorising loans.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #38011: Jan 08, 2019 10:48:45 pm
      Supposedly we are waiting to see if he signs a new deal. Club tend to wait until this happens before authorising loans.

Ta and yeh makes sense.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #38012: Jan 09, 2019 06:52:37 am
      Klopp not signing another CB and striker will cost us the EPL.

If one of Mane, Salah and Firmino  is injured, we'll be in a very bad position. None of them has been consistent so far but we still manage to win thanks to the defense  but at a moment in time they need to be shaken. Sturridge, Lallana and Shaqiri are not good enough competition and cannot be relied upon on the long run. I don't like how Klopp manages the rotation of the players, Shaqiri and Sturridge have a good game and the next match, they're on the bench. It makes no sense given that Firmino and Mane are far from playing at the level they should be.

Van Dijk injured, we're screwed. Our opponents will love to have us with Lovren and Matip at the back again. I would spend as much as we need on Koulibaly or De Lijt. We won't regret it.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38013: Jan 09, 2019 09:33:42 am
      Klopp not signing another CB and striker will cost us the EPL.

If one of Mane, Salah and Firmino  is injured, we'll be in a very bad position. None of them has been consistent so far but we still manage to win thanks to the defense  but at a moment in time they need to be shaken. Sturridge, Lallana and Shaqiri are not good enough competition and cannot be relied upon on the long run. I don't like how Klopp manages the rotation of the players, Shaqiri and Sturridge have a good game and the next match, they're on the bench. It makes no sense given that Firmino and Mane are far from playing at the level they should be.

Van Dijk injured, we're screwed. Our opponents will love to have us with Lovren and Matip at the back again. I would spend as much as we need on Koulibaly or De Lijt. We won't regret it.

Until the Summer it will be very difficult to sign quality replacements for Lallana and Sturridge especially when whoever we want to sign knows they will be sitting on the bench for a while.

Klopp doesn't like signing players in January. VVD was the only exception for obvious reasons.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38014: Jan 09, 2019 11:39:59 am
      i said before game, we are using FA cup to showcase talent for sale.

OK but if we sell them who do we turn to if we have a bit of an injury crises? What is driving this crazy sale of fringe players, I just can't understand it mid-season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38015: Jan 09, 2019 11:45:59 am
      Until the Summer it will be very difficult to sign quality replacements for Lallana and Sturridge especially when whoever we want to sign knows they will be sitting on the bench for a while.

Klopp doesn't like signing players in January. VVD was the only exception for obvious reasons.

Sorry but this is nonsense, there have been plenty of good players bought in January throughout the years, yes it might be a bit more expensive but its not impossible. I would really really like to get another forward as that is the area we are most exposed, another CB would be nice but with Matip and Gomez back soon, plus hopefully Lovren not out to long then we should be ok.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38016: Jan 09, 2019 11:56:13 am
      Sorry but this is nonsense, there have been plenty of good players bought in January throughout the years, yes it might be a bit more expensive but its not impossible. I would really really like to get another forward as that is the area we are most exposed, another CB would be nice but with Matip and Gomez back soon, plus hopefully Lovren not out to long then we should be ok.

Read my post again please. Where did I say you can't sign quality players or it's "impossible" in January?

It's a fact that Klopp does not like to sign players in January as it's a very difficult window to do business in unless there is already a player lined up like the VVD deal.

So unless a player Klopp wants becomes available he won't sign one this month.

There is no need to panic buy we have short term injuries not a crisis.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38017: Jan 09, 2019 12:00:47 pm
      Read my post again please. Where did I say you can't sign quality players or it's "impossible" in January?

It's a fact that Klopp does not like to sign players in January as it's a very difficult window to do business in unless there is already a player lined up like the VVD deal.

So unless a player Klopp wants becomes available he won't sign one this month.

There is no need to panic buy we have short term injuries not a crisis.

OK fair enough but I think the situation in the forward positions is a bit panic to be honest, if we lose one of our forwards we can probably just about cope but lose two and we are in deep sh*t, we simply have no one who could do a job there, unless we were playing an utterly sh*t team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38018: Jan 09, 2019 12:03:51 pm
      If the Virgil transfer is any indicator of how business is being done then the only potential signing is Fekir,
       and that's presuming it's not dead in the water after the medical and Shaqiri wasn't the alternative.

Quick Reply