Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4211179 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38019: Jan 09, 2019 12:07:28 pm
      Some more talk of Bruno Fernandes today. Would love Fekir to sign but I think Fernandes would be a quality alternative. Had a boss season last year and he’s bossing it again this season. It’s very easy to see why he is compared to Bernardo Silva.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38020: Jan 09, 2019 12:08:01 pm
      If the Virgil transfer is any indicator of how business is being done then the only potential signing is Fekir,
       and that's presuming it's not dead in the water after the medical and Shaqiri wasn't the alternative.

I am crossing my fingers on that, if we get Fekir we win the league at a canter I think as it gives us that extra forward player I feel we need.
      Well worth the gamble on his fitness.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38021: Jan 09, 2019 12:09:35 pm
      I am crossing my fingers on that, if we get Fekir we win the league at a canter I think as it gives us that extra forward player I feel we need.
      Well worth the gamble on his fitness.

Seeing how the team performed without the front 3 highlights that,
      while we may argue about defensive shortcomings, we have a real lack of meaningful depth in attack.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38022: Jan 09, 2019 12:23:15 pm
      We need cover at centre back..
      We can't put dates on Gomez's and Matip's return, let alone Lovren.

It's a purely business transaction to see us through until the end of the season and If it means us biting our tongue to get that cover then so be it...

Here's a curved ball for ya... How about a Ramos?  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38023: Jan 09, 2019 12:24:58 pm
      We can't put dates on Gomez's and Matip's return

But there pretty much has been a date put on them. Slim chance Matip could make the Brighton game and a high probability that 1, if not the 2 of them will both be back in training for the following game.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #38024: Jan 09, 2019 12:26:50 pm
      But there pretty much has been a date put on them. Slim chance Matip could make the Brighton game and a high probability that 1, if not the 2 of them will both be back in training for the following game.

Fair enough, so long as JK isn't rushing them back in, then that's okay for me..
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38025: Jan 09, 2019 12:35:45 pm
      We can't put dates on Gomez's and Matip's return, let alone Lovren.

Matip: January 19, 2019
      "There are still a few days to go until Joel is ready for contact. He can do all the fitness work already since a week or so ago."

Gomez: January 30, 2019
      "[Joe is] getting better, it's getting better, but he is not yet involved. There are still a few days to go until we can have [him] in team training."

There are literally dates set for them to come back.
      People are screaming for a defender that might only get 1 or 2 weeks of football.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38026: Jan 09, 2019 12:45:19 pm
      Matip: January 19, 2019
      "There are still a few days to go until Joel is ready for contact. He can do all the fitness work already since a week or so ago."

Gomez: January 30, 2019
      "[Joe is] getting better, it's getting better, but he is not yet involved. There are still a few days to go until we can have [him] in team training."

There are literally dates set for them to come back.
      People are screaming for a defender that might only get 1 or 2 weeks of football.

Going back to a point I made yesterday..people arent crying out for a defender for 1 or 2 weeks...people realise that Matip and Joe are injury prone and Joe now will play some games st right full to cover Trent.

Personally im not in any panic over a centre half, rather a left full to cover Robbo. In saying that a loan deal for some Italian 36 year old expert cenyre half wouldnt annoy me
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38027: Jan 09, 2019 12:50:26 pm
      OK fair enough but I think the situation in the forward positions is a bit panic to be honest, if we lose one of our forwards we can probably just about cope but lose two and we are in deep sh*t, we simply have no one who could do a job there, unless we were playing an utterly sh*t team.

I'm all for signing a quality forward but I don't think there are many if any available who would suit. Only Werner springs to mind but I don't believe for a second he will be available until the Summer when we'll likely make a move.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38028: Jan 09, 2019 12:50:54 pm
      Going back to a point I made yesterday..people arent crying out for a defender for 1 or 2 weeks...people realise that Matip and Joe are injury prone and Joe now will play some games st right full to cover Trent.

Personally im not in any panic over a centre half, rather a left full to cover Robbo. In saying that a loan deal for some Italian 36 year old expert cenyre half wouldnt annoy me

Unlucky rather than injury prone.
      Fractured ankle and broken collar bones aren't "injury prone" type of injuries.
      Not like Sturridge's injuries.
      I'd be more worried about Lovren not being able to string 6-7 games together.
      If the club signed a CB with a view to Lovren heading out the door in the summer then cool,
      but there are plenty of areas in the squad that need cover.

Although maybe it's more a case of now having a few worldies in the team and seeing the massive drop off in certain areas.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #38029: Jan 09, 2019 12:52:24 pm

I think Fabinho can do a good job at CB for a few games if it comes to that.

No way to I want a 36yo panic buy sitting on the bench.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #38030: Jan 09, 2019 01:02:15 pm
      I'm all for signing a quality forward but I don't think there are many if any available who would suit. Only Werner springs to mind but I don't believe for a second he will be available until the Summer when we'll likely make a move.

IMO Timo Werner less likely consider us as he will not play enough games if no injury to our current front three.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38031: Jan 09, 2019 01:04:21 pm
      IMO Timo Werner less likely consider us as he will not play enough games if no injury to our current front three.

Or instead of Salah playing up top with Firmino behind, Salah will go back out to the right with Werner up top.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #38032: Jan 09, 2019 01:12:32 pm
      If the club signed a CB with a view to Lovren heading out the door in the summer then cool,

Although maybe it's more a case of now having a few worldies in the team and seeing the massive drop off in certain areas.

Yup Lovren has only twice managed more than 6 games in a row without injury.

That is a shocking stat bearing in mind how much the club love stats and data!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #38033: Jan 09, 2019 01:13:43 pm

Id say if we wanted to knkt pick we could look at the games both have missed due to injuries over theast 18 to 24 months
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      Reply #38034: Jan 09, 2019 01:15:18 pm
      I think Fabinho can do a good job at CB for a few games if it comes to that.

No way to I want a 36yo panic buy sitting on the bench.

Who said panic. Youd be upset having an experienced centre half, or any other position, sat on your bench on a title run in? I must be mad so
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #38035: Jan 09, 2019 01:23:10 pm

This. It's pain in my heart even Klopp say something like "people are crying out for a defender for 1 or 2 weeks", I'm disappointed!

As if they don't realize how many injuries Lovren, Matip and Gomez suffer before. Of course they could be like Sturridge who suddenly become an ironman but that not likely.

As if the like of Matip and Lovren are invaluable for this club and no better player in this world to replace them and improve us.

And as if they don't realize how weak our cover for Robertson.

I question how much they value the 19th now in our reach and only us ourselves to make it harder or even fail to achieve.

I don't forget how we missed a David Silva or a Aguero or a Vidic cost us in 2008/2009.  That time maybe we not capable to get them but this time I don't believe money is a problem or our club cannot attract players anymore.

I hope we finally get a much needed defender and attacker this window. 

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #38036: Jan 09, 2019 01:31:41 pm
      Or instead of Salah playing up top with Firmino behind, Salah will go back out to the right with Werner up top.

Those are words Klopp need to tell Timo and even I know very less about him I will dance in naked around my house if we sign him this month.  I just don't want to see yesterday Sturridge play for us again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38037: Jan 09, 2019 01:37:06 pm

Exactly if we have 4 top strikers/forwards then we can finally start to rotate the strike force a bit, like Citeh do and like we currently do in midfield. I'm sure they'd all get more than enough games to keep them happy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38038: Jan 09, 2019 01:46:43 pm
      This. It's pain in my heart even Klopp say something like "people are crying out for a defender for 1 or 2 weeks", I'm disappointed!

I'd rather we brought in another attacker than another CB.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #38039: Jan 09, 2019 02:06:43 pm
      I'd rather we brought in another attacker than another CB.

I understand your stance from your post above mate and I'm respect your opinion but it's just not for me. I never believe in Lovren and Matip not because their quality as 3rd and 4th CB but their availability as they are true injury prone. If this season we are not in this title winning situation I have no problem waiting for development of our youngsters but now I hope we do all we can to make sure the less risk on the way to the 19th.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38040: Jan 09, 2019 02:16:12 pm
      I understand your stance from your post above mate and I'm respect your opinion but it's just not for me. I never believe in Lovren and Matip not because their quality as 3rd and 4th CB but their availability as they are true injury prone. If this season we are not in this title winning situation I have no problem waiting for development of our youngsters but now I hope we do all we can to make sure the less risk on the way to the 19th.

Lovren is expected back after the Brighton game.
      Matip is expected back after the Brighton game.
      Gomez is expected back at the end of the month.

So Fabinho plays alongside Virgil for one game.

Firmino or Salah haven't anything like the quality or options behind them.

Club needed a 10 or similar attacking player in the Summer.
      Still needs it now. Ox isn't back until March at the earliest.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #38041: Jan 09, 2019 02:21:15 pm
      Lovren is expected back after the Brighton game.
      Matip is expected back after the Brighton game.
      Gomez is expected back at the end of the month.

So Fabinho plays alongside Virgil for one game.

Firmino or Salah haven't anything like the quality or options behind them.

Club needed a 10 or similar attacking player in the Summer.
      Still needs it now. Ox isn't back until March at the earliest.

Agree with you on the towards Racer as Monday highlighted we basically have no adequate cover to replace the front three.

Quick Reply