Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179313 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38088: Jan 10, 2019 03:36:22 pm
      So the new rule kicks in..

We can sign any player from any club who has played in the campions league without the fear of them being cup tied..

Why we waiting for the summer..get on it now..

I would love us to sign a first team CB or/and RB now!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38089: Jan 10, 2019 04:35:02 pm
      How do you know Henderson can play CB, has he ever been played in that position? Even Fabinho is a bit of push to be honest, he did ok against Wolves but I wouldn't want to be relying on him as CB in a big game. Anyway hopefully we'll have Gomez and Matip back soon so that should take the pressure off.

How do we know hendo can play CB, well rib says so...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38090: Jan 10, 2019 04:54:36 pm
      How do you know Henderson can play CB, has he ever been played in that position? Even Fabinho is a bit of push to be honest, he did ok against Wolves but I wouldn't want to be relying on him as CB in a big game. Anyway hopefully we'll have Gomez and Matip back soon so that should take the pressure off.
      I think we should buy a good centre back now and let either Lovren or Matip leave in the summer of we feel we don't have use for both of them. Lovren is error and injury prone, another centre back around Matip's level would be wise.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38091: Jan 10, 2019 05:13:19 pm
      I think we should buy a good centre back now and let either Lovren or Matip leave in the summer of we feel we don't have use for both of them. Lovren is error and injury prone, another centre back around Matip's level would be wise.
      I agree with that statement, but it is unlikely given how we've been conducting our business recently. Long scouting/interest periods followed by quick action in the transfer market.

I think Klopp is serious. We're not buying anybody. I think what we need is for that Saturday game to come quick and for us to win it in a convincing manner so everybody can calm down.

Can't really disagree with Klopp. It's hard to buy a CB at this time of the year with Gomez, VVD, Lovren and Matip all battling for the spot. Even a guy who would come here with a view on being used as a rotation CB would probably not like it because when everybody is healthy then you rotate in Lovren and Matip or this guy?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38092: Jan 10, 2019 05:14:14 pm
      How do we know hendo can play CB, well rib says so...
      i think I suggested Henderson to play centre back yes, but if he did change to be a centre back it would require him playing games there to get used to it. Since we're out the domestic cups that's not possible now. League games not a time to practice that. He doesn't see passes as well as our other number 6 options, but he has a good ability to get tackles in.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38093: Jan 10, 2019 05:27:37 pm
      Personally wouldn't sign a CB. We already have good CBs - our defence is massively improved this season - just need to get thro this bad patch of injuries. Fab looked decent there and could fill in. Probably Hendo too if needed, though would have Fab there ahead of him.

But we've lost two strikers [three - if you count Ings] without replacement. They weren't playing much, but Origi scored imho our most important goal of the season so far.  If Bob/Mo/Sadio get injured, we're in trouble. Studge is the backup and looks like he's running in treacle. Am really hoping - given the money we've taken in - to sign a striker/attacking mid in the Jan window - if want to challenge for the title, reckon that's the spot to fill.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #38094: Jan 10, 2019 05:32:23 pm
      I would love us to sign a first team CB or/and RB now!

Yep. A back up RB (or LB - either would do, since Milner can play either side) more than a CB for me, but a CB would also be handy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38095: Jan 10, 2019 05:44:36 pm
      Don't see JĂźrgen signing anyone, even or especially as short term cover. Need a rb and lb in the summer as well as a new striker and probably a new gk
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38096: Jan 10, 2019 06:00:35 pm
      Yep. A back up RB (or LB - either would do, since Milner can play either side) more than a CB for me, but a CB would also be handy.

No backup or covers for me, just first teamers or players that will give our current ones a run for their money.

You know, every big game we go into, I am wary of our right sided defence. I never had a problem or worried when Clyne played there from a defensive stand point, but with TAA, I, and I am sure many others feel we are vulnerable on that side and can improve.

I personally want a strong established right back (no idea who tbh, but I am sure there are many out there available), but wouldn't be against a huge potential that is defensively stronger than TAA, someone like Wan Bissaka.

The same reasons for CB. I think Lovren is a damn exceptional defender on his day (better than Gomez & Matip), but his concentration levels seem to be a huge flaw and what's stopping him from being a consistently exceptional/world class performer, and at 29-30, you expect Lovren to be at that level now. Gomez is still a huge potential who still makes a lot of key mistakes, but no doubt he is improving each game. I like Matip a lot who I consider to be a little below Lovren level, but just like Lovren (possibly Gomez), they seem unreliable because they are too injury prone for my liking.

Ideally, I want someone stronger than Gomez, Matip and Lovren, someone I would feel comfortable defending without VVD if needs be , so Ĺ kriniar would be a dream, but possible, especially if Inter doesn't make it to CL next season. I do like De Ligt too, but is there a huge difference between him and Gomez? I think De Ligt may slightly edge it, but both have huge potential to be exceptional/world class.

I just hope we shore up that right sided defence come summer, but I would perfer January :D

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #38097: Jan 10, 2019 06:03:04 pm
      You know, every big game we go into, I am wary of our right sided defence. I never had a problem or worried when Clyne played there from a defensive stand point,

I had issues with Clyne, defensively. Every time a cross came in from the other flank. His back post defending gave me the same uh-oh feeling I used to get every time Skrtel manhandled opponents in the box.

A lack of playing time has certainly made people remember Clyne with more fondness than he deserves.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #38098: Jan 10, 2019 06:12:10 pm
      No backup or covers for me, just first teamers or players that will give our current ones a run for their money.

You know, every big game we go into, I am wary of our right sided defence. I never had a problem or worried when Clyne played there from a defensive stand point, but with TAA, I, and I am sure many others feel we are vulnerable on that side and can improve.

I personally want a strong established right back (no idea who tbh, but I am sure there are many out there available), but wouldn't be against a huge potential that is defensively stronger than TAA, someone like Wan Bissaka.

The same reasons for CB. I think Lovren is a damn exceptional defender on his day (better than Gomez & Matip), but his concentration levels seem to be a huge flaw and what's stopping him from being a consistently exceptional/world class performer, and at 29-30, you expect Lovren to be at that level now. Gomez is still a huge potential who still makes a lot of key mistakes, but no doubt he is improving each game. I like Matip a lot who I consider to be a little below Lovren level, but just like Lovren (possibly Gomez), they seem unreliable because they are too injury prone for my liking.

Ideally, I want someone stronger than Gomez, Matip and Lovren, someone I would feel comfortable defending without VVD if needs be , so Ĺ kriniar would be a dream, but possible, especially if Inter doesn't make it to CL next season. I do like De Ligt too, but is there a huge difference between him and Gomez? I think De Ligt may slightly edge it, but both have huge potential to be exceptional/world class.

I just hope we shore up that right sided defence come summer, but I would perfer January :D

Gomez is looking top drawer to me, so don't see the need for a replacement. Possibly just a bit more depth, especially with Matip injury prone.

A top class RB would be fine, but I'm happy enough with Trent, so again would be happy just to get one covering full back ( and fund it by selling Moreno).
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38099: Jan 10, 2019 07:25:57 pm
      Do you have a realistic CB in mind who would move to be a number 3-4 in future?
      I see Tarkowski as  a long term target, But short term Cahill Or some one on loan, but someone at least
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38100: Jan 10, 2019 07:32:09 pm
      You didn't answer his question though mate.

So name a CB at VVD's level who we can realistically get in this month?

This isn't fantasy football here.
      Would be nice to have one, but really a CB only has to be better than Lovren and Matip
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38101: Jan 10, 2019 07:35:35 pm
      Anyway I don't want to see us play with only VVD the real quality CB given what we are aiming for this season.
      To throw away the 19th just because we did not bring in a much needed centre back would be insane
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38102: Jan 10, 2019 08:24:52 pm
      So the new rule kicks in..

We can sign any player from any club who has played in the campions league without the fear of them being cup tied..

Why we waiting for the summer..get on it now..

Because Klopp is ok with the squad he has now and there is no player that’s available right now that he wants
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38103: Jan 10, 2019 08:27:17 pm
      Personally wouldn't sign a CB. We already have good CBs - our defence is massively improved this season - just need to get thro this bad patch of injuries. Fab looked decent there and could fill in. Probably Hendo too if needed, though would have Fab there ahead of him.

But we've lost two strikers [three - if you count Ings] without replacement. They weren't playing much, but Origi scored imho our most important goal of the season so far.  If Bob/Mo/Sadio get injured, we're in trouble. Studge is the backup and looks like he's running in treacle. Am really hoping - given the money we've taken in - to sign a striker/attacking mid in the Jan window - if want to challenge for the title, reckon that's the spot to fill.

Who is the second striker we lost ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38104: Jan 10, 2019 08:30:13 pm
      Gomez is looking top drawer to me, so don't see the need for a replacement. Possibly just a bit more depth, especially with Matip injury prone.

A top class RB would be fine, but I'm happy enough with Trent, so again would be happy just to get one covering full back ( and fund it by selling Moreno).

The club isn’t going to buy a “top class RB” when we have TAA and fund it by selling Moreno  :lmao: - how much do you think that’s going to raise when he has 6 months left
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38105: Jan 10, 2019 08:31:03 pm
      I see Tarkowski as  a long term target, But short term Cahill Or some one on loan, but someone at least

Klopp has said he won’t be getting someone in short term and even more so when Matip is back next week and Gomez looking like the week after
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #38106: Jan 10, 2019 08:46:13 pm
      I had issues with Clyne, defensively. Every time a cross came in from the other flank. His back post defending gave me the same uh-oh feeling I used to get every time Skrtel manhandled opponents in the box.

A lack of playing time has certainly made people remember Clyne with more fondness than he deserves.

TAA has the same problems as Clyne then as he gets sucked into the middle . A top class RB is definitely  needed
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38107: Jan 10, 2019 08:53:57 pm
      TAA has the same problems as Clyne then as he gets sucked into the middle . A top class RB is definitely  needed

Who is the top class right back to come in ?
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #38108: Jan 10, 2019 09:14:06 pm
      The club isn’t going to buy a “top class RB” when we have TAA and fund it by selling Moreno  :lmao: - how much do you think that’s going to raise when he has 6 months left

Why don't you try reading a post properly before laughing at it? I was replying to PurpleMonkey, who wanted a top class RB, and saying that would be fine but we didn't really need one and should buy a covering full back, and fund it by selling Moreno. (I didn't know Moreno's contract was up in summer right enough, but no need for the twattish reply.)
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2019 09:24:38 pm by sore monad »
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38109: Jan 10, 2019 09:23:38 pm
      Why don't you try reading a post properly before laughing at it? I was replying to PurpleMonkey, who wanted a top class RB, and saying that would be fine but we didn't really need one and should buy a covering full back (and fund it by selling Moreno).

Again how much do you think we are going to get for Moreno whose contract runs out in 6 months - and what sort of cover at right back do you think we would get for that money ?

I swear far too many play football manager on here

Klopp has already said no short term players and indeed no signings

We have cover and the manager doesn’t mind trusting the kids
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38110: Jan 10, 2019 09:25:36 pm
      Klopp has said he won’t be getting someone in short term and even more so when Matip is back next week and Gomez looking like the week after

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply