Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178758 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38111: Jan 10, 2019 10:01:02 pm

Just for you

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/klopp-reveals-liverpool-transfer-lovren-15644559.amp

“We have four centre-halves. Three, maybe, two-and-a-half are injured so we’ll have to try and come through in the moment.

“We need them back but you cannot buy a fifth centre-half and say ‘so you play two weeks and after that the others come in’”.

Maybe it might stop your daily nonsense about a CB but I doubt it - thankfully the window closes soon

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #38112: Jan 10, 2019 10:20:25 pm
      Who is the top class right back to come in ?

Sorry haven't got my crystal ball . How am I supposed to know just that I think we need one
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38113: Jan 10, 2019 10:30:51 pm
      Sorry haven't got my crystal ball . How am I supposed to know just that I think we need one

:lmao:

Seriously ? Have a think - or maybe it’s because there isn’t one to replace TAA
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38114: Jan 10, 2019 10:31:22 pm
      Just for you

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/klopp-reveals-liverpool-transfer-lovren-15644559.amp

“We have four centre-halves. Three, maybe, two-and-a-half are injured so we’ll have to try and come through in the moment.

“We need them back but you cannot buy a fifth centre-half and say ‘so you play two weeks and after that the others come in’”.

Maybe it might stop your daily nonsense about a CB but I doubt it - thankfully the window closes soon

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38115: Jan 10, 2019 10:36:01 pm

Ah that’s how it is when someone shows you to be wrong - ok cool

Until next time - I’ll wait for the smiley  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38116: Jan 10, 2019 10:43:19 pm

I am 100% sure there are a few better than TAA that could be available if Klopp were interested, but he has faith in TAA and the backups we have in Fabinho and Milner.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38117: Jan 10, 2019 10:58:48 pm
      How do we know hendo can play CB, well rib says so...

Don't CB's pass the ball sideways a lot then Hendo will be a natural :f_tongueincheek:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #38118: Jan 10, 2019 11:31:54 pm
      Don't CB's pass the ball sideways a lot then Hendo will be a natural :f_tongueincheek:
      ;D Hendo at CB... Alisson will be busy!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38119: Jan 10, 2019 11:43:08 pm
      I agree with the person who did we need another backup striker. Lallana and Sturridge won't last 90 much and I'm thinking Origi us average. Sturridges contract expires soon anyway.

Getting a new CB is a bit knee jerk.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #38120: Jan 11, 2019 04:58:39 am
      I think we should buy a good centre back now and let either Lovren or Matip leave in the summer of we feel we don't have use for both of them. Lovren is error and injury prone, another centre back around Matip's level would be wise.

Getting a new CB is a bit knee jerk.
      ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38121: Jan 11, 2019 08:14:18 am
      I changed my mind. Well done for illustrating that.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38122: Jan 11, 2019 09:47:11 am
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #38123: Jan 11, 2019 10:42:16 am

So you think there is no one better or on a par to compete with him seriously ?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38124: Jan 11, 2019 11:37:34 am
      So you think there is no one better or on a par to compete with him seriously ?

There are no doubt some better players right now than TAA but he had potential to become one of the best in the world - right now imo he is one of the best in the Prem - wouldn’t swap for anyone in the Prem so to get someone better you are going to have to spend a significant amount of money on an area that is prob right down the bottom in terms of priority- and it makes it daft to spend silly money when we work to a self sustain model and have areas that do need strengthening. We aren’t city and can’t spent £20-30 mil on someone to provide back up
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #38125: Jan 11, 2019 12:40:57 pm
      There are no doubt some better players right now than TAA but he had potential to become one of the best in the world - right now imo he is one of the best in the Prem - wouldn’t swap for anyone in the Prem so to get someone better you are going to have to spend a significant amount of money on an area that is prob right down the bottom in terms of priority- and it makes it daft to spend silly money when we work to a self sustain model and have areas that do need strengthening. We aren’t city and can’t spent £20-30 mil on someone to provide back up

Where we are now we need competition for  places yes Milner and Fab can  cover as can Gomez but that means they are being moved from their ideal position . I think someone approaching the end of their career but is still capable of providing adequate back up and competition is what we need at LB also . I do get the idea of players who can play multiple positions and that reduces squad and capital suppose it's better the devil you know and at the moment in some games JĂźrgen certainly doesn't want to play him all the time
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38126: Jan 11, 2019 01:02:08 pm
      Where we are now we need competition for  places yes Milner and Fab can  cover as can Gomez but that means they are being moved from their ideal position . I think someone approaching the end of their career but is still capable of providing adequate back up and competition is what we need at LB also . I do get the idea of players who can play multiple positions and that reduces squad and capital suppose it's better the devil you know and at the moment in some games JĂźrgen certainly doesn't want to play him all the time

We don’t have unlimited funds to be able to get the players needed to have top players in positions , City can spend it and to an extend Utd but we have cover in the full back areas but a LB would be nice , I do think he has his eyes on players in the youth academy to come in
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38127: Jan 11, 2019 01:25:54 pm

Thanks for pulling me on the math, I'd written off Divock staying - too soon.
      But with this season being our best chance of a title for ages, would still really like us to sign another attacking option.
      We can't compete with Citeh's depth, and have to assume they will finish strong.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #38128: Jan 11, 2019 01:28:01 pm
      Benjamin Pavard (22) of VfB Stuttgart will transfer to Bayern Munich at the end of this season. Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed the defender will join Munich on a 5-year-contract starting this summer.
      https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bayern-sign-pavard/view/news/326827

No LFC business about him but I saw few reds here mention this boy before.  He's going to play in position of player I like most recently that's Joshua Kimmich, not watch him play much though.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38129: Jan 11, 2019 01:54:32 pm
      Benjamin Pavard (22) of VfB Stuttgart will transfer to Bayern Munich at the end of this season. Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic confirmed the defender will join Munich on a 5-year-contract starting this summer.
      https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/bayern-sign-pavard/view/news/326827

No LFC business about him but I saw few reds here mention this boy before.  He's going to play in position of player I like most recently that's Joshua Kimmich, not watch him play much though.

Im no exper on Bayern but by all accounts Kimmich is a fine footballer and a very modest fullback.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38130: Jan 11, 2019 02:12:20 pm
      Kimmich is a superb player - I expect with  Pavard arriving he will move into midfield
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #38131: Jan 11, 2019 02:28:27 pm
      We don’t have unlimited funds to be able to get the players needed to have top players in positions , City can spend it and to an extend Utd but we have cover in the full back areas but a LB would be nice , I do think he has his eyes on players in the youth academy to come in

Don't have unlimited  finds? Have you not seen our net spend  :lmao:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38132: Jan 11, 2019 02:31:31 pm
      Kimmich is a superb player - I expect with  Pavard arriving he will move into midfield

Yes that’s my view. I believe the Bayern fans rate him but see him as a bit of a liability at fb.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38133: Jan 11, 2019 02:37:08 pm
      Don't have unlimited  finds? Have you not seen our net spend  :lmao:

Around £100mil over the past two season I believe but what’s the relevance ?

Quick Reply