Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179691 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38134: Jan 11, 2019 02:37:58 pm
      Yes that’s my view. I believe the Bayern fans rate him but see him as a bit of a liability at fb.

He likes to wander into the middle too much and leave the fullback area exposed
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38135: Jan 11, 2019 02:51:58 pm
      Around £100mil over the past two season I believe but what’s the relevance ?

Premier League Transfer Spending (Last 5 years 2012/13 to 2016/17 season)
      NO#   CLUBS               PURCHASES   SOLD       NET            AVG NET PER SEASON
      1   Manchester City      €690m           â‚¬189m     â‚¬501m       â‚¬100m
      2   Manchester United  €680.7m        €196.9m   â‚¬483.7m    €96.7m
      3   Arsenal                  €366.5m        €118.6m   â‚¬247.8m    €49.5m
      4   Liverpool                €485.4m        €311.5m   â‚¬173.8m    €34.7m
      5   Chelsea                  €601m           â‚¬438m      €163m       â‚¬32.5m

Spurs are way down the list with an AVG NET per season of €3.2m
      https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/

Including this season will adjust things a bit but I'd still imagine we are in 4th behind Arsenal and certainly way behind Utd and Citeh still
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38136: Jan 11, 2019 02:56:31 pm

Yeh one of my lads best mates used to live in Munich and he keeps a close eye on them.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38137: Jan 11, 2019 03:02:34 pm
      Yeh one of my lads best mates used to live in Munich and he keeps a close eye on them.

Would snap him up in a heartbeat if available- going to be as good if not better than Kroos
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38138: Jan 11, 2019 03:05:55 pm
      Would snap him up in a heartbeat if available- going to be as good if not better than Kroos

Agreed. More athletic / dynamic but perhaps not as easy in the eye.

To be honest - a Klopp player of ever there was ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38139: Jan 11, 2019 03:08:59 pm
      Agreed. More athletic / dynamic but perhaps not as easy in the eye.

To be honest - a Klopp player of ever there was ;)

No doubt at all- Klopp would love him
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38140: Jan 11, 2019 03:17:38 pm

I haven't seen much of him, but are you sure this isn't tactical?

I remember well Guardiola pushing one of his FB's more central, seemingly leaving space in the FB zone, at Bayern, and he did the same at City when he first took them over.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38141: Jan 11, 2019 03:19:25 pm
      I haven't seen much of him, but are you sure this isn't tactical?

I remember well Guardiola pushing one of his FB's more central, seemingly leaving space in the FB zone, at Bayern, and he did the same at City when he first took them over.

I don’t think so mate. They are vulnerable down that flank. It looks less like a practiced shape and more like a natural instinct.

In my opinion - obviously. Like I said I’m not an expert but my lad has been watching them closely a couple years so I catch a fair bit.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38142: Jan 11, 2019 03:26:27 pm
      I don’t think so mate. They are vulnerable down that flank. It looks less like a practiced shape and more like a natural instinct.

In my opinion - obviously. Like I said I’m not an expert but my lad has been watching them closely a couple years so I catch a fair bit.

Just to throw out another option, could it be an invitation to attack that flank, like we have done in the past on our left?

I should really just watch some games to see for myself, but not much spare time these days as I'm still "on fatigues" after being away for Camino.
      Several rash promises were made to allow me to go, which I now regret  :laugh:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #38143: Jan 11, 2019 04:45:03 pm
      Around £100mil over the past two season I believe but what’s the relevance ?
      Never mind pal it was meant to be a bit of a laugh and sarcasm lets leave it there eh.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38144: Jan 11, 2019 05:13:16 pm
      Said it recently the fact out transfer topic is soeley the general gossip says it all about how the club have changed how they do things.

For years thered be a list of names on this board with various links  to newspaper articles etc saying were in for x y and z. Now nothing..its brilliant
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38145: Jan 11, 2019 06:15:24 pm
      Said it recently the fact out transfer topic is soeley the general gossip says it all about how the club have changed how they do things.

For years thered be a list of names on this board with various links  to newspaper articles etc saying were in for x y and z. Now nothing..its brilliant

I also remember the many, many posts bemoaning "it isn't the Liverpool way" when various owners were accused of planting stories, only for the same people to moan about "lack of communication" when there are no stories.

It seems to me there was a big culture change at the club to stop information leaking, and I applaud that.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #38146: Jan 11, 2019 06:20:22 pm

Lessons learnt from the VVD debacle.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #38147: Jan 11, 2019 06:27:39 pm
      I also remember the many, many posts bemoaning "it isn't the Liverpool way" when various owners were accused of planting stories, only for the same people to moan about "lack of communication" when there are no stories.

It seems to me there was a big culture change at the club to stop information leaking, and I applaud that.

There’s a rarety me and Swab in complete agreement 👍
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38148: Jan 11, 2019 06:35:23 pm

I love it.. it’s the proper way to do our business ...
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38149: Jan 11, 2019 07:25:08 pm
      I agree with the person who did we need another backup striker. Lallana and Sturridge won't last 90 much and I'm thinking Origi us average. Sturridges contract expires soon anyway.

Getting a new CB is a bit knee jerk.

If we don't take maximum points in games before Gomez is fit enough to make an appearance it leaves us one point (two if we draw) a head of City...
      How it seems that so many here forgets 2016/17 January run, or maybe that should be stall...

Defense wise we are in a better position then than we are now...

Look at the difference in prize money between finishing 1st and 4th in the premier league £6 m Last seasons money

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/

Qualification for the quarter-finals of the CL is worth €10.5m (£9.37m) per club
      Semi another €12m (£10.71m)

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/stakeholders/clubs/news/newsid=2562024.html

That's a possible £25m in prize money. So even if a defender cost £50m, winning the Title, and getting past Bayern gives us half the money back... Win the Title and make the finals and it would have cost us £10m for a CB...

Add to that the commercial value of winning the Title, and the ability to attract new talent v.s. another "also ran" season surely you can see it is the only prudent thing to do...?

And just because Klopp says he won't does not mean he is right... He wasn't right when he had to be "persuaded" to buy Salah a player he did not want
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019 01:32:07 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38150: Jan 11, 2019 09:43:54 pm
      The more I watch Bertrand Traore, the more I like him! I think we should look into him come summer!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38151: Jan 12, 2019 08:43:20 pm
      Should have signed Lucas Paquetá. :(
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38152: Jan 12, 2019 08:45:16 pm

Would have been trouble getting work permit etc
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38153: Jan 12, 2019 08:45:51 pm
      The more I watch Bertrand Traore, the more I like him! I think we should look into him come summer!

He can’t finish his dinner - he is quick but can’t score , night as well get Usain Bolt
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38154: Jan 12, 2019 09:16:31 pm
      Would have been trouble getting work permit etc

He has Portuguese citizenship
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38155: Jan 12, 2019 11:32:52 pm

Holy sh*t, he signed for Milan! I didn't know!! I will start watching them more now!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38156: Jan 12, 2019 11:54:10 pm
      Never heard of Lucas Paquetá. From Googling I found he's 21 and has less than 100 career appearances which are all at a club in the Brazilian League.

Quick Reply