Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196611 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38180: Jan 15, 2019 01:16:21 pm
      Rabiot on offer this month for 15 million...if true we would be mad not to

Wouldn’t complain in the slightest if it happened, but at the same time I don’t think he’s a necessity at this very moment so I could understand why the club would wait a few months and then just take him on a free.

I wouldn’t be shocked either that if he did sign, we don’t see him play straight away anyway.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #38181: Jan 15, 2019 02:06:33 pm
      Trent out for 4 weeks

Good job we have lots of cover at RB

Milner, Fabinho?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38182: Jan 15, 2019 02:09:52 pm

Camacho too. Klopp is no fool, he’s fully aware that an injury to Trent could happen, there’s a risk with every player and injuries, so I don’t think he’d have let Clyne go unless he was absolutely confident in the options that can cover his absence...or potential absence if you look at it from the moment Clyne went and Trent wasn’t injured.

I wonder if people would be so focussed on Clyne had he not played against the Mancs? Even when Trent was injured last time, that is the only game he’s had, and that was probably down to Milly having a knock at the time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38183: Jan 15, 2019 03:01:15 pm
      Camacho too. Klopp is no fool, he’s fully aware that an injury to Trent could happen, there’s a risk with every player and injuries, so I don’t think he’d have let Clyne go unless he was absolutely confident in the options that can cover his absence...or potential absence if you look at it from the moment Clyne went and Trent wasn’t injured.

I wonder if people would be so focussed on Clyne had he not played against the Mancs? Even when Trent was injured last time, that is the only game he’s had, and that was probably down to Milly having a knock at the time.

It wasn't just that Cyne played against Manure, its that he played very well, much better than Milner recently played at RB. Fabinho is an unknown quantity but I'm sure he can do a job at RB but I still think losing Clyne without having a replacement is extremely stupid.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #38184: Jan 15, 2019 03:25:00 pm
      It wasn't just that Cyne played against Manure, its that he played very well, much better than Milner recently played at RB.

Milner done good job filling in at RB vs Wolves/Bournemouth earlier this season when called upon, just as good as Clyne appearance vs Man Utd. I can understand supporters can be annoyed thinning out the squad but I don't see much difference in quality between the two.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38185: Jan 15, 2019 04:21:54 pm
      Milner done good job filling in at RB vs Wolves/Bournemouth earlier this season when called upon, just as good as Clyne appearance vs Man Utd. I can understand supporters can be annoyed thinning out the squad but I don't see much difference in quality between the two.

Well that comes down to personal preference, Milner is not terrible by any stretch but he has seemed very tired of late, but perhaps that was more down to the busy Xmas period.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4893 
      Reply #38186: Jan 15, 2019 04:50:36 pm

Agree. Personally I wouldn't have let Clyne leave but thinking about it can see why Jürgen has.

It's nowhere near as bad a situation as some on here think it is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38187: Jan 15, 2019 06:08:04 pm
      Agree. Personally I wouldn't have let Clyne leave but thinking about it can see why Jürgen has.

It's nowhere near as bad a situation as some on here think it is.

Of course it's not mate.
      It's just an excuse for the drama queens to fire up their "I told you so" scripts.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38188: Jan 15, 2019 08:20:23 pm
      Of course it's not mate.
      It's just an excuse for the drama queens to fire up their "I told you so" scripts.

It concerns me a bit and I'm in no mood for drama. Perhaps over worrying but perhaps not.

All in all I just didn't see the need in it. The United game showed 2 things to me. 1 when he was in the squad he got picked when TAA was injured and 2 he did a good job.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #38189: Jan 16, 2019 09:08:18 am
      It concerns me a bit and I'm in no mood for drama. Perhaps over worrying but perhaps not.

All in all I just didn't see the need in it. The United game showed 2 things to me. 1 when he was in the squad he got picked when TAA was injured and 2 he did a good job.

I get the feeling that Clyne forced the deal through. Debate comes as to whether Jürgen should have put this foot down and told him to stay until the summer but we all know Klopp isn't that type of manager.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38190: Jan 16, 2019 11:59:33 am

He was behind TAA, Milner and Fabinho.

Mountains out of molehills for me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38191: Jan 16, 2019 01:20:41 pm
      Isco anyone? Barely played for the last few months, clearly not wanted at Madrid and not happy there. Bags of ability. One of them players that I think if he went to someone like City, he’d take the league by storm. If he’s up for grabs, surely it’s worth a look?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #38192: Jan 16, 2019 02:34:29 pm
      Isco anyone? Barely played for the last few months, clearly not wanted at Madrid and not happy there. Bags of ability. One of them players that I think if he went to someone like City, he’d take the league by storm. If he’s up for grabs, surely it’s worth a look?

Always a big fan of his and could fill the attacking mid-fielder void we currently have within our squad (someone to link middle and front three). I think he would be worth a good look into if he wants a move from Madrid.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,142 posts | 257 
      Reply #38193: Jan 16, 2019 02:42:16 pm
      I get the feeling that Clyne forced the deal through. Debate comes as to whether Jürgen should have put this foot down and told him to stay until the summer but we all know Klopp isn't that type of manager.

I think so mate.
      And maybe, just my opinion, Clyne leaving help Camacho make easier decision to stay with us.
      « Last Edit: Jan 16, 2019 02:49:34 pm by skolRED »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38194: Jan 16, 2019 04:03:45 pm

Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. World class
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38195: Jan 16, 2019 04:08:31 pm
      Fekir handed in a transfer request?.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #38196: Jan 16, 2019 05:29:19 pm

Not yes........Hell yes!!!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,380 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38197: Jan 16, 2019 05:34:09 pm

Every real madrid coach can't be wrong
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #38198: Jan 16, 2019 06:38:41 pm

Would be a great shout, wouldn't surprise me if he could be got on loan. I think we need another attacking player, we;'re only ever an injury to one of our front 3 away from being in a bit of trouble and there will be some tight games between now and the end of the season and we don't have the firepower sitting on the bench like City.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38199: Jan 16, 2019 09:34:54 pm
      So a resounding yes for Isco then. I haven’t really seen him play a great deal which is why I asked the question. I remember him causing us hell in the final last season though, was very unlucky not to score too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38200: Jan 16, 2019 10:23:47 pm
      So a resounding yes for Isco then. I haven’t really seen him play a great deal which is why I asked the question. I remember him causing us hell in the final last season though, was very unlucky not to score too.

We definitely need a left sided attacking player (as you mentioned before). Whether wide or a playmaker type, we need somone to give Mane a run for his money.

The more I think about it, the more I would prefer a quick wide player rather than playmaker for the left sided attack, although, I wouldn't cry if we buy an Isco or Aouar.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #38201: Jan 17, 2019 12:25:43 am
      Every real madrid coach can't be wrong

Exactly. Somehow he has never really fully convinced me. He is a fine player on his day, but for some reason, he hasn't really had his real breakthrough yet? Seems to be spending time on the bench regularly, a lot of substitutions etc.. Also don't see where exactly he fits in. He doesn't get in ahead of Mane or Salah when we're playing a front three and when we switch it up, Firmino and Shaqiri also play in these positions. With Oxlade-Chamberlain coming back and Keita still finding his feet, I don't see why we'd need to bring him in. I know you can never have enough quality players, but I think there's a better option out there:

Thorgan Hazard.

Been watching him since 2012 I think it is when he went on loan to Zulte-Waregem and won the Golden Shoe (prize for the best player in the Belgian league). He has it all I think.

9 goals and 6 assists so far this season. He can play anywhere across the front three, I even think he would be suited to play Firmino's position when we play that front three. Statistically, he looks very much like a hybrid of Firmino and Oxlade-Chamberlain, but without the Ox's raw pace. He has very similar numbers in tackles won, dispossessing players, successful take-ons, ... He is a very complete player. Good passing, a threat from outside the box, can beat a player 1 v 1, set-pieces, ...

I think he'd also be able to play as one of our most advanced midfielders in a midfield three or as a #10 in the 4-2-3-1. He is very versatile, 25 years old, so best years ahead of him, and he has been working with Dieter Hecking who also managed De Bruyne at Wolfsburg. He has massively improved since then with regards to his attacking numbers but also his work rate in general.

Profile (according to Whoscored):

He is a tailormade Klopp player in my opinion. Think he'd make a great addition to our squad.

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2019 12:35:48 am by Danzel »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38202: Jan 17, 2019 12:50:28 am
      He was behind TAA, Milner and Fabinho.

Mountains out of molehills for me.

Not sure if he is. Like I say when TAA was out v United it was Clyne he turned to.

Quick Reply