Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4202766 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38226: Jan 18, 2019 02:18:01 pm
      I still think if he doesn't move this month, we "might" go back in for him in the summer, for around 30mil !!

Also, Echo publishes a weird article about possible striker targets for summer, says Fekir, Werner, Jovic, Silva et al names come up based on some analytical hoodoo! And concludes Werner is the most ideal target. Why these kinda articles at this time, seriously?!

I was always curious about the whole Fekir situation is there a price that the club would pay despite the risk of injury. Those articles appearance because they need something to write and it was a slow news day with our linked to so few players over the winter transfer period.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 1090 
      Reply #38227: Jan 18, 2019 02:43:54 pm
      Just read where Liverpool scouts are high on and watching 20 year old USMNT Weston Mckinnie. Reminds me a lot of Gini
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #38228: Jan 18, 2019 02:47:17 pm
      Not buying anyone this window, we are never going back in for Fekir. Look for Werner maybe next summer and Klopp will look for an attacking mid.

You heard it here first.

The good news is that we are signing all of our best players to new long term deals. That's what should have everyone excited. We have a good team, no one wants to move, and players see us as a destination now and want to play for us. That means we can have our pick of the best instead of settling for crumbs. It also means we don't have to take a gamble on an injury (Fekir) because we can move on to a like for like alternative and it shouldn't take much convincing. All you have to do is read some of Neuer's recent comments about us, it's plain to see that we are back and it's all thanks to Jürgen Klopp. Trust him, when he says we won't buy this window, we aren't buying (and probably don't need to).
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38229: Jan 18, 2019 03:48:05 pm
      Not buying anyone this window, we are never going back in for Fekir. Look for Werner maybe next summer and Klopp will look for an attacking mid.

Agreed, I don’t think we will make many signings in the summer either to be honest. Think it’s clear we will definitely go after a top striker but I don’t think there is a guarantee we will go after a 10, there’s probably a strong chance we will but I’d say the main priority in the summer will be a forward. An extra defender? Possibly, depending on who is available at the time but it won’t be a priority.

I think we will probably look at moving players on before we bring anyone in too. I think the summer kind of back fired, we were expecting the likes of Origi, Markovic etc to be sold but it didn’t happen. We didn’t even officially sell Ings until the coming summer either.

Last summer the priority first and foremost was a keeper, this year it will be a forward.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38230: Jan 19, 2019 12:03:43 am
      Jürgen Klopp Anfield invite for 104-year-old Liverpool fan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-46916609

Now thats what you call a real supporter
      Bless him, should give him a seat right behind the dugout free for the rest of his days
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38231: Jan 19, 2019 12:10:34 am
      Liverpool have had a £61m bid for Portugal Under-21 attacking midfielder Joao Felix, 19, turned down by Benfica.

https://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/vieira-recusa-70-milhoes-por-joao-felix?ref=futebol_MaisVistas

A few youtube clips of him out there, from the short bit i watch of this one, has a good first touch, skillful and self assured can see why Klopp would want him. Can also see why Benfica turn us down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69HmQ44AhU

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out re-signing Philippe Coutinho - 12 months after selling the Brazil midfielder, 26, to Barcelona in a £142m deal.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-Jürgen-klopp-reacts-15700436
      « Last Edit: Jan 19, 2019 12:20:01 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38232: Jan 19, 2019 01:13:33 am
      We don't need anyone, we sorted.  ;)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38233: Jan 19, 2019 03:15:40 am
      Liverpool have had a £61m bid for Portugal Under-21 attacking midfielder Joao Felix, 19, turned down by Benfica.

https://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/vieira-recusa-70-milhoes-por-joao-felix?ref=futebol_MaisVistas

A few youtube clips of him out there, from the short bit i watch of this one, has a good first touch, skillful and self assured can see why Klopp would want him. Can also see why Benfica turn us down

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out re-signing Philippe Coutinho - 12 months after selling the Brazil midfielder, 26, to Barcelona in a £142m deal.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-Jürgen-klopp-reacts-15700436

So he’s pretty good at humiliating opponents with the ball I see.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38234: Jan 19, 2019 09:25:06 am

João Felix looks incredible.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38235: Jan 19, 2019 09:37:42 am

I could make myself look great on youtube..well perhaps not
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38236: Jan 19, 2019 10:08:28 am

Trent signed a new deal this morning, so put him in at RB

NB: Team no longer available
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38237: Jan 19, 2019 10:44:14 am

Lazar F***ing Markovic looked incredible on YouTube clips before we signed the turd.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38238: Jan 19, 2019 12:56:34 pm
      So he’s pretty good at humiliating opponents with the ball I see.
      Sure is, could not count the number of times he was foul by opponents trying to win the ball  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38239: Jan 19, 2019 12:57:30 pm
      You look great already mate ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38240: Jan 19, 2019 10:32:16 pm
      Just finished watching the Leverkusen game, and I really think Brandt should be our first choice!! His footballing skills and brain are beyond that of his years. I think Klopp can turn him into a world class player!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38241: Jan 19, 2019 10:57:04 pm
      Aaron Ramsey I think will be here..
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38242: Jan 19, 2019 11:22:21 pm

I agree if Keita lives up to his transfer deal of 60m €.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38243: Jan 19, 2019 11:31:57 pm
      Aaron Ramsey I think will be here..

Huh?

He's Juventus bound mate.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38244: Jan 19, 2019 11:32:42 pm

Fabinho was United bound 😎
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38245: Jan 20, 2019 12:02:04 am
      Just finished watching the Leverkusen game, and I really think Brandt should be our first choice!! His footballing skills and brain are beyond that of his years. I think Klopp can turn him into a world class player!

Don’t think he has what it takes to make it with us, ability wise he probably has but not mentally. I remember a couple of years ago he rejected all talk of a move to us because he felt he’d spend a fair bit of time on the bench and didn’t want to be a player subject to rotation. No chance is anyone walking straight into this team once signing. Virgil and Alisson did but that was because they were badly needed additions. Brandt however would have competition, something he doesn’t like to have.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #38246: Jan 20, 2019 07:51:29 am
      Don’t think he has what it takes to make it with us, ability wise he probably has but not mentally. I remember a couple of years ago he rejected all talk of a move to us because he felt he’d spend a fair bit of time on the bench and didn’t want to be a player subject to rotation. No chance is anyone walking straight into this team once signing. Virgil and Alisson did but that was because they were badly needed additions. Brandt however would have competition, something he doesn’t like to have.
      I think that’s quite admirable to be honest; a young player not jumping at the chance to move to a bigger club (likely with a better wage) and instead looking to stay and develop his game. Not often you see that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38247: Jan 20, 2019 09:48:37 am

Lazar f**king Markovic looked incredible on YouTube clips before we signed the turd.

I hope you're aware that it's allowed to watch players during games as well, not just youtube. I suggest you try
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38248: Jan 20, 2019 10:32:04 am
      I hope you're aware that it's allowed to watch players during games as well, not just youtube. I suggest you try

Don'really watch Portuguese games tbh, they are available over here so i may check him out

Quick Reply