Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205133 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38249: Jan 20, 2019 10:43:58 am
      Don'really watch Portuguese games tbh, they are available over here so i may check him out

To be fair checking a player out is the best reason you could have to watch the Portuguese league this season... other than that it's been quite poor, I don't watch much myself. And though I've been to Benfica's stadium a few times, I've been more often to Estoril Praia who are in the second division haha
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38250: Jan 20, 2019 11:18:37 am
      I think that’s quite admirable to be honest; a young player not jumping at the chance to move to a bigger club (likely with a better wage) and instead looking to stay and develop his game. Not often you see that.

I see it the other way to be honest. This was a couple of years ago, before we had Salah so there was every chance he’d have gotten loads of game time because there wasn’t the competition there is now. It’s either a lack of belief in his own ability or thinks he’s that good he should be starting every week. IMO.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38251: Jan 20, 2019 09:05:12 pm
      I see it the other way to be honest. This was a couple of years ago, before we had Salah so there was every chance he’d have gotten loads of game time because there wasn’t the competition there is now. It’s either a lack of belief in his own ability or thinks he’s that good he should be starting every week. IMO.
      Nothing wrong with viewing it that way
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #38252: Jan 20, 2019 09:27:28 pm
      Liverpool have had a £61m bid for Portugal Under-21 attacking midfielder Joao Felix, 19, turned down by Benfica.

https://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/vieira-recusa-70-milhoes-por-joao-felix?ref=futebol_MaisVistas

A few youtube clips of him out there, from the short bit i watch of this one, has a good first touch, skillful and self assured can see why Klopp would want him. Can also see why Benfica turn us down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L69HmQ44AhU

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out re-signing Philippe Coutinho - 12 months after selling the Brazil midfielder, 26, to Barcelona in a £142m deal.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-Jürgen-klopp-reacts-15700436

He looks so great with the close control. I would really love a player with such silky skills in an attacking midfield position.

His trickery could unlock the tightest of defences and lay it on a plate for our forward dynamos.

I hope it happens.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38253: Jan 21, 2019 12:59:56 pm
      Fekir on the scoresheet again. Finding the net on a regular bases.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #38254: Jan 21, 2019 07:01:15 pm
       Felipe Anderson from West Ham? I’d take him. Quality player. £50m plus Origi’s left leg.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38255: Jan 21, 2019 08:45:45 pm
      Mad how we’re a very good team but you could still suggest we’re half a dozen players short of a full squad ahead of next season.

Right back, left back, centre back, right footed attacker and a striker.

No RB cover, Moreno to leave, hopefully Matip punted off and Sturridge likely to leave too.

Not sure any of the incomings would be confident of walking in to the side, though.

Wouldn’t mind Bertrand at left back to cover a home grown spot if Milly, Lallana and Sturridge leave.

Werner seems a solid shout as a striker even though his finishing looks a bit suspect from the bits I’ve seen of him. 

The rest? No idea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38256: Jan 21, 2019 09:57:52 pm
      Mad how we’re a very good team but you could still suggest we’re half a dozen players short of a full squad ahead of next season.

Right back, left back, centre back, right footed attacker and a striker.

No RB cover, Moreno to leave, hopefully Matip punted off and Sturridge likely to leave too.

Not sure any of the incomings would be confident of walking in to the side, though.

Wouldn’t mind Bertrand at left back to cover a home grown spot if Milly, Lallana and Sturridge leave.

Werner seems a solid shout as a striker even though his finishing looks a bit suspect from the bits I’ve seen of him. 

The rest? No idea.

Would take Wan-Bisaka. Pavard wouldn’t be a bad shout either seeing as he can play anywhere across the back and in midfield.

Lallana and Sturridge can both go, get Harry Wilson in there and look to bring in Werner.

I’d like Milly to stay but when he performs like he has done since his injury, it makes question if he has another season in him playing at this tempo on a regular basis. Be happy for him to stay and add cover to the team but if he wanted to head back to Leeds then I don’t think we should stand in his way.

CB worries me, Virgil and Gomez are a great pairing but you can really see just how far ahead they are individually when it’s Matip or Lovren in there. It would be good to get one of them gone and bring in someone who we know can slot in there and we don’t have to worry what player is going to turn up that day. Because one game they can be boss, but the next they can have a complete mare.

We have our key players for the spine of the team now, but we need to start looking at getting more quality in. City can leave a player like Mahrez out altogether because they have that many options of top class players in the starting team and on the bench. Our bench looks to begetting progressively weaker as the season is going on and in terms of the attack, it’s able to pick itself. Where as at the beginning of the season Sturridge was staking a claim to be playing and for some reason, the last few games Shaqiri’s level has really dropped compared to how he was performing up until the FA Cup game.
      I think the 2 piss poor performances in the domestic cups has shown us how thin we still are outside of the main group of players.
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2019 10:07:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #38257: Jan 22, 2019 01:02:30 am
      Piggy backing on Crouchie's fantasy manager post -- we are a damn good side, and yet we still have a lot of room for improvement.  It's a nice problem to have, especially when you consider Jürgen's track record when it comes to transfers. 

Wan-Bisaka and Bertrand are both good shouts.  We look set to lose a number of homegrown players and will need to fill some of those spots with quality backups.  Wilson to return from loan will help fill another. 

I'd replace Matip with Ake -- an overall improvement (my opinion), a left footed CB option, and another homegrown slot filled. 

We need 1 more top quality attacking option, and I'd go all in for Memphis Depay.  I think he'd be the perfect player to rotate with our current front 3. 

Replace Migs with a new backup GK and we're sorted.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38258: Jan 22, 2019 02:52:54 am
      We look set to lose a number of homegrown players and will need to fill some of those spots with quality backups.  Wilson to return from loan will help fill another.

I expect Jones will be around more next season and with Wilson, that covers the departure of Sturridge and Lallana. Think they are our only home grown players we are likely to lose. Wilson is of the age now where has to be registered in order to play so that is a home grown slot sorted for sure if he stays. Jones doesn’t have to be registered I don’t think because of his age.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #38259: Jan 22, 2019 06:59:19 am
      People in dream land if you think we can get wan bissaka. Why would he leave a regular starting spot to warm bench?

Ake is a good shout but same as above, he left Chelsea for 1st team and he’s got it at cherries currently.

I think what we will see is not many comings in (maybe a striker, and a CB) but a lot of promotion of youth/recalls of loans. Wilson will be around 1st team, as will Brewster.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38260: Jan 22, 2019 09:21:06 am
      People in dream land if you think we can get wan bissaka. Why would he leave a regular starting spot to warm bench?

Ake is a good shout but same as above, he left Chelsea for 1st team and he’s got it at cherries currently.

I think what we will see is not many comings in (maybe a striker, and a CB) but a lot of promotion of youth/recalls of loans. Wilson will be around 1st team, as will Brewster.

Why do you assume that Wan Bissaka wouldn't be our main RB? I actually think he offers more than Trent at the moment, who in my opinion has had a slight dip in his form.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38261: Jan 22, 2019 09:24:53 am

They'll both get their chances and will play plenty if they deserve it.

Aké is a superb shout.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #38262: Jan 22, 2019 09:29:27 am
      Why do you assume that Wan Bissaka wouldn't be our main RB? I actually think he offers more than Trent at the moment, who in my opinion has had a slight dip in his form.

Don’t see it Heimy but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.....

He’s young (actually a year older than Trent) and has dips just like TAA.

Good athlete, decent defender but TAA is different gravy.

Like comparing a high end Ford family saloon to a Rolls Royce for me.

I actually think TAA form has been on the up - first month or so was ropey post WC.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38263: Jan 22, 2019 09:42:54 am
      Don’t see it Heimy but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.....

He’s young (actually a year older than Trent) and has dips just like TAA.

Good athlete, decent defender but TAA is different gravy.

Like comparing a high end Ford family saloon to a Rolls Royce for me.

I actually think TAA form has been on the up - first month or so was ropey post WC.

They are both fabulous RB's already and will only get better, If one of them could play both flanks then we'd have some great cover for years to come. I would have thought that a fullback of that kind of calibre should be able to cover both flanks, obviously a preference for their natural side but could still be effective, certainly in a defensive sense.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #38264: Jan 22, 2019 09:54:37 am

I would assume that as i reckon to but him, would cost in excess of £50 mill minimum (as palace wouldnt want to sell), TAA is developing the whole time, Gomez and Fabinho as cover.

Would rather spend 50moll on another forward to give the front 3 a rest. We have been extremely lucky past 2 seasons with Injuries up top, and we are so short on cover there we are 2 injuries away from losing title IMO
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #38265: Jan 22, 2019 09:56:14 am
      Not to say I dont like AWB, think he's a boss lad, raw but boss.

If we go to palace just go for Zaha instead!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #38266: Jan 22, 2019 10:04:05 am
      They are both fabulous RB's already and will only get better, If one of them could play both flanks then we'd have some great cover for years to come. I would have thought that a fullback of that kind of calibre should be able to cover both flanks, obviously a preference for their natural side but could still be effective, certainly in a defensive sense.

Yeh - not saying he’s not a good option / player I just (personally) don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as TAA.

I do like his athleticism.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38267: Jan 22, 2019 10:18:56 am
      Yeh - not saying he’s not a good option / player I just (personally) don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as TAA.

I do like his athleticism.

TAA is a better player for sure.

Also Hoever will be our RB cover next season.

It's a natural LB we need as cover for Robbo.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #38268: Jan 22, 2019 03:32:11 pm

Because FIFA and FM.

With Arnold as the starter and Gomez as the backup we are covered at RB and we're not getting a talented player who could be a starter at a lower team to come in and be 3rd choice. Same for CB. Assuming Matip and Lovren are willing to stay in their diminished roles as 3rd and 4th CB option, you're not going to get anyone better to come in and be happy picking splinters off his ass unless one of VVD (gulp) or Gomez goes down or need a rest. The only addition i'd look for in the back 4 is preferably someone who can play both LB and RB to provide flexibility.

Overall the team needs some tweaking but generally is in fantastic shape. The only top quality player we need to add is someone for the wing / striker position to replace Sturridge and be able to rotate the front 3 a bit more without a drop in quality or style of play. City have Aguero, Sane, Sterling and Jesus, all 4 of similar quality. We need the same, but other than that, we just need a couple of depth adds and we're good to go.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38269: Jan 22, 2019 04:56:06 pm
      Also Hoever will be our RB cover next season.

Not a chance. If any of the youngsters is then it will be Camacho. Hoever is nowhere near ready despite how well he played vs Wolves. Needs to get physically stronger and have a loan move first IMO.

City have Aguero, Sane, Sterling and Jesus, all 4 of similar quality

Just goes to show the amount of strength and options they have when Mahrez is completely forgotten. As well as Bernardo Silva who is originally an attacking wide player isn’t he? Only this season season he has been playing CM because they’ve consistently had injuries there.
      So that’s 6 options in the attack, 6 options that walk into virtually every other starting team.
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2019 05:00:32 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #38270: Jan 22, 2019 05:21:17 pm
      I don't want Gomez as cover or filling in at RB he needs to play every game as CB do people not realize putting him at RB seriously weakens us at CB
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #38271: Jan 22, 2019 05:24:53 pm
      Just goes to show the amount of strength and options they have when Mahrez is completely forgotten. As well as Bernardo Silva who is originally an attacking wide player isn’t he? Only this season season he has been playing CM because they’ve consistently had injuries there.
      So that’s 6 options in the attack, 6 options that walk into virtually every other starting team.

holy crap, i totally forgot Mahrez which as you saw shows how much quality they have. That forward position is the one key area where we need to upgrade in quality depth.

Quick Reply