Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179193 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38341: Jan 24, 2019 06:48:22 pm
      Our front 3 of mane, salah and bobby will be excellent with the signing of werner

Honestly, I totally forgot about Brewster until I watched Bezzies with Ox and Brewster. I have a feeling we won't be signing a striker and will take a gamble and trust on Brewster. He is at that age where he should be in the first team squad and in and around the first team. So rather signing a striker and dropping him to 4th choice, I think Brewster will be 3rd choice behind Firmino and Salah.

I think we are gonna sign one forward in the summer, and I am leaning more towards a quick left sided wide player than a playmaker/striker tbh.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38342: Jan 24, 2019 07:08:24 pm
      Werner is all hype and very little real product. Keita looked FAR MORE promising at RB and look what he does now for us. Stay put, wait for Ox, look how Wilson and Brewster and some other greenhorns develop before opening the cash book.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #38343: Jan 24, 2019 09:25:51 pm
      Werner is all hype and very little real product. Keita looked FAR MORE promising at RB and look what he does now for us. Stay put, wait for Ox, look how Wilson and Brewster and some other greenhorns develop before opening the cash book.

Admittedly I've not watched him much but I'm finding it difficult to describe a player with 56 goals in 99 games for Leipzig as having 'very little real product'. Only 22 as well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38344: Jan 24, 2019 10:12:03 pm

That first sentence is bizarre. I've watched the odd game where he can look a bit frustrating with a dodgy final pass but to say he is all hype with no end product is ridiculous.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38345: Jan 24, 2019 10:50:46 pm

Content stealing site and account that shouldn’t really be used as a source
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38346: Jan 24, 2019 11:16:43 pm
      Admittedly I've not watched him much but I'm finding it difficult to describe a player with 56 goals in 99 games for Leipzig as having 'very little real product'. Only 22 as well.

I live near Leipzig and I watch him a lot. Don't get me wrong: he's good, he could become a world class player under Jürgen's magic hand, I (and many others) just do not see the potential because his ball handling is not sophisticated enough, but he's fast, very fast like Aubameyang. If he'd cost 35 Mio. like Salah, I'd go for him but 87 Mio. seems too much for what he offers. But then Klopp has made so many 'meh' players look classy that I believe Jürgen can walk over water and if Klopp wants to sign Werner for 87 Mio. then so be it. One thing that was a downer is that he once explained he was a Liverpool and ManU fan as a kid but a little bit more a ManU fan. :( (But I appreciated his honesty in a day where those players usually talk soulless political correct cr*p).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38348: Jan 25, 2019 03:51:24 am

Holy sh*t, I just checked him out on YT.. Wow! His dribbling is insane, it reminds me of Pre injury Brazilian Ronaldo! He also has very good pace too.

Think I will starting watching some PSV games to get a sense of his match play (decision making, work rate, movement etc).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38349: Jan 25, 2019 08:40:08 am
      Surprised AnfieldHQ aren’t quoting the sh*t rag for a change.

Indeed, and what's with the 'if Michael Edwards can pull this off' nonsense?

He's obviously available for transfer and not like it's Messi we'd be trying to buy.

Don't get me wrong I think Edwards has done a great job but some people on Twitter carry on like he's some sort of god.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38350: Jan 25, 2019 10:54:34 am
      Indeed, and what's with the 'if Michael Edwards can pull this off' nonsense?

He's obviously available for transfer and not like it's Messi we'd be trying to buy.

Don't get me wrong I think Edwards has done a great job but some people on Twitter carry on like he's some sort of god.

Signing a player in the last year of his contract for €100m is hardly a big achievement to "pull off", mostly it means that you've got a sh*t load of money to spend.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #38351: Jan 25, 2019 01:06:12 pm
      Signing a player in the last year of his contract for €100m is hardly a big achievement to "pull off", mostly it means that you've got a sh*t load of money to spend.
      Nobody's gonna sign him for that fee. Half of that would do. Or else they will get F**k all for him. Can't really play hard ball on this unless he signs a new contract.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #38352: Jan 25, 2019 02:08:10 pm
      Holy sh*t, I just checked him out on YT.. Wow! His dribbling is insane, it reminds me of Pre injury Brazilian Ronaldo! He also has very good pace too.

Think I will starting watching some PSV games to get a sense of his match play (decision making, work rate, movement etc).

If we are looking at PSV I would make a run for hirving lozano, think he is a player who checks off most of the boxes we are looking for in a new forward (pacey, good production, can play left, right and central). It seems he is linked to every club expect us these days.

I think there is a lot of high expectation on Brewster, is he really that good?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38353: Jan 25, 2019 02:28:26 pm

Exactly mate.

The hero worship of Edwards by some on Twitter is beyond ridiculous.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38354: Jan 25, 2019 02:30:18 pm
      Exactly mate.

The hero worship of Edwards by some on Twitter is beyond ridiculous.

To be fair, the slating he got on here for a while was equally ridiculous.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38355: Jan 25, 2019 02:30:59 pm
      To be fair, the slating he got on here for a while was equally ridiculous.

Agree.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38356: Jan 25, 2019 05:19:03 pm
      If we are looking at PSV I would make a run for hirving lozano, think he is a player who checks off most of the boxes we are looking for in a new forward (pacey, good production, can play left, right and central). It seems he is linked to every club expect us these days.

Damn, I forgot about Lozano. There are so many quality young wide players around, from Lozano, Bergwijn to Chiesa, I bet there are plenty more that we don't know about or haven't noticed too.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #38357: Jan 26, 2019 06:23:59 am
      I'm really pessimistic about our chances to win the PL if we don't buy some cover in attack. If one of our front 3 gets injured for 2-3 weeks we'll be in serious trouble. We still have to play against Man U and Chelsea, and have the CL...w e don't have the squad to compete against Man City, it's clear. We still need another striker/winger. You know what haunts me? The souvenir of relying on Lallana to replace Salah in the CL final. Never again should that happen.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #38358: Jan 26, 2019 07:02:22 am
      I'm really pessimistic about our chances to win the PL if we don't buy some cover in attack. If one of our front 3 gets injured for 2-3 weeks we'll be in serious trouble. We still have to play against Man U and Chelsea, and have the CL...w e don't have the squad to compete against Man City, it's clear. We still need another striker/winger. You know what haunts me? The souvenir of relying on Lallana to replace Salah in the CL final. Never again should that happen.

Here what you are saying, but personally think that covering our defensive problems are more important, surely we need to sort that first ,?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38359: Jan 26, 2019 09:19:16 am

We’ve got Shaq who can fit in there with Ox slotting in the middle.

Squad is doing fine. Chill and enjoy. 

Your pessimism is just  your worries / neuroses cos it’s been so long and you want it so bad.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38360: Jan 26, 2019 11:18:25 am

I kind of agree, but it would have to be 2 attackers out at the same time for it to be a big problem, if its just 1 then we can slot Shaq, Origi or Sturridge in there and they can do a decent job, or we switch 2 a 4-4-2 or another system with 2 strikers. I actually think we are ok for now but in the summer we really do need one more quality attacker to make life easier, plus give a genuine attacking option form the bench.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38361: Jan 26, 2019 03:11:15 pm
      I kind of agree, but it would have to be 2 attackers out at the same time for it to be a big problem, if its just 1 then we can slot Shaq, Origi or Sturridge in there and they can do a decent job, or we switch 2 a 4-4-2 or another system with 2 strikers. I actually think we are ok for now but in the summer we really do need one more quality attacker to make life easier, plus give a genuine attacking option form the bench.

Inter are looking to sell Perisic, but Arsenal want a loan. With the amount of times we got screwed over by Italian clubs in the past, I wonder if we should consider getting Perisic on loan with the option to buy at the end of the season ;)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #38362: Jan 26, 2019 03:38:01 pm

Here what you are saying, but personally think that covering our defensive problems are more important, surely we need to sort that first ,?

We’ve had a bit of a bad run with injuries at the back but I think we’re ok in that department. I am also worried about the attack, in those 0-0 games during the run in when you desperately need a goal late in the game, we don’t quite have enough options off the bench or to cover a significant injury. When you think City have Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez, D Silva, Gundogan, B Silva and De Bruyne. By comparison we look well short from a creative standpoint.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019 03:50:00 pm by Scottbot »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #38363: Jan 26, 2019 03:40:41 pm

Compare Origi and/or Studge to that list of attacking players I just put up for City.

We are an injury away from relying on Studge, Lallana or Origi to be our game changer off the bench. If we can get another attacking player in before the window shuts it would make a lot of sense.

Quick Reply