Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178879 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38387: Jan 28, 2019 10:08:25 pm
      The Reasons Why Rabiot is so Hated

In 2008, Rabiot was signed to the Manchester City academy on a six year deal that should have seen him turn professional when he turned 17. But six months after signing, the deal is killed because Rabiotā€™s mom became angry at the clubā€™s ā€œtreatment of her boyā€.

The kid then joins PSG and even with Rabiotā€™s talents itā€™s difficult to envisage him earning first team experience (cause he really wasnā€™t that good). However, the club and Laurent Blanc worked with the mom and showed their willingness to work with the kid and allowing him to gradually develop, introducing him to the first team in the manner that Sir Alex Ferguson did with David Beckham and Wayne Rooney.

In 2013 Rabiot and his mom grew impatient and he is sent on loan to Toulouse to earn more playing time. His temporary departure earned him and his mom criticism in the media for their impatience with the club.

After Rabiot returns to PSG from loan, Laurent Blanc Blanc begins to start him in 1 of 2.5 games at the beginning of the season. In the middle of the second half of the season, Rabiotā€™s mom threatens that his son will attempt to leave the club if he is not given more playing time with Matuidi, Verrati, Thiago motta and Pastore in the squad. As a result Laurent Blanc starts him in more games.

In 2015, towards the end of the season before Zlatan Ibrahimovicā€™s contract is about to run out, Rabiot and Zlatan get into a fight at the training center in Paris.

While Thiago Motta was getting old and eventually was unable to play at a high level, he was replaced by Rabiot as a defensive midfielder in important games. He played very well at this position and fans grew excited as they thought they had found the perfect replacement for Thiago motta. Instead of serving his club by playing in whatever position that would help the team win games, he and his mom complained to the coach and president that this was not the role he wanted to have at the club as he wanted a more sexy type of style in games and attack instead of defending. Even though he was much better at defending than attacking, him and his mother would whine about it. Even in the champions league games Rabiot would go against playing as a starting defensive midfielder. Despite these demands, the coach would still sometimes put him at the 6 position with the goal of winning and putting the team before the individuals. Which probably led to even more disgusting behavior from the Rabiot family as they didnā€™t completely get what they wanted as theyā€™re used to.

Rabiot has been often seen as a cry baby that complains to his mom whenever he doesnā€™t get what he wants. Due to him coming from a rich family, it makes sense as to why he cries whenever he doesnā€™t get what he wants.

The President of PSG, Nasser Al Khelaifi, appears to be a big fan of Rabiot, regardless of the sh*t he and his mother give him, he has always said he sees Rabiot as a son and has even gone to treat him as the favorite of the team. Perhaps this was just to keep the Rabiot family happy and to make the mom shut up but it definitely didnā€™t stop them from complaining.

In 2018, Didier Deschamps picks his World Cup squad for the French National team and picks Rabiot to be in the reserves meaning he would be picked into the first team if a midfielder had gotten injured. Rabiot who had only played 5-6 games with France with a performance lower than what it usually is at his club, feels insulted that he is put on the reserves and requests that he is removed from it right away. Instead of Rabiot, Didier had picked Pogba, Matuidi, KantĆ©, Tolisso, and Nzonzi. Who had proven at the time to be much better players in their clubs and on the national team. Even though France is one of the countries with an abundance of very talented players, Rabiot could not see the honor in being considered by being placed in the reserves. Didier Deschamps who strongly believes in the honor and dignity of representing ā€œLe maillot bleuā€ states that Adrien made ā€œa big mistakeā€ by making this decision as he missed out on possibly wining the World Cup and might never be considered for the French national team again.

After Rabiot decided to remove himself from the national team, the media and fans lashed at him for being the complacent little baby that he is and for not respecting the honor of representing les bleus. Of course as powerful as his mother seems to be, she could not control what the media and fans had to say. So instead, he wrote a statement disagreeing towards the label of him being ā€œimmatureā€. The kid cried at people for calling him names.

I must say that when I became a PSG fan, the first time I heard of Rabiot I was not impressed. I found nothing special about his skills and didnā€™t like the personality he had as he seemed to have a very selfish character. I figured that since he was young he would develop into being a pretty talented and mature player, but even now I donā€™t see the improvement.

Itā€™s frustrating how this guy has been playing PSG all along. I myself knew that he wasnā€™t going to renew a contract as it became increasingly obvious that these contract negotiations werenā€™t moving forward. We now know that all of that was part of Rabiot and his entourageā€™s (momā€™s) plan. Keep stalling so you donā€™t get put on the bench until you can leave while screwing the club over by leaving the midfield open.

We sold Matuidi just so that we could give Rabiot the chance to grow and become the ā€œSteven Gerard of PSGā€ like he had stated before. He stalls contract talks and makes it seem like he does want to stay, the club meets his demands even though he seems to think he deserves to have the salary of Messi. And now PSG is going to lose one of its starting midfielders when they are already in the absence of a 6. And with FFP sticking to PSG like moths on a lamp post at night, it looks like itā€™s going to be extremely difficult to replace both positions. For all we know he could not even be a true PSG fan and just forced his way out of the academy into his starting role with the bitching of his mom. Itā€™s just funny that PSG defended this child after the big mistake he had made with the French National team.

In conclusion, although it may screw PSG over, Iā€™m glad that a scumbag like him is leaving PSG. I hope that PSG wins a bunch of champions league trophies without him as well as France with the Euros and the World Cup. I hope he ends up having a sh*t career and karma kicks him and his mother in the ass so hard that he ends up playing in the third division of the Bulgarian League where the Bourgeois would never step foot.

Him and Ben Arfa are definitely on my sh*t list. I donā€™t ever want to hear about these two or see them on a screen in my life again.

Let Barcelona have him. If they think theyā€™re getting back at us for Neymar, they are in for a treat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/a7gyp0/the_reasons_why_rabiot_is_so_hated/

Taken from reddit and very interesting read. Maybe he just needs to join his dream club to settle and be happy? :)

Anyway, there are always 2 sides to the story, so I rather not assume and wait to hear his side, and if Klopp is interested and signs him up, I would trust his character judgement more than the hate going around the media and fans.

i wouldnt take that serious. im not for us signing  rabiot or against it but honestly that was one bias post. PSG story probably have two sides to it.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38388: Jan 28, 2019 10:15:15 pm
      btw make a bid for suso? he has started showing what we all knew he was capable of. This time play him as a 10. still feel that he is good. id take him back in a heartbeat. still a fan of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KsECBw6q9Y
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38389: Jan 28, 2019 10:38:47 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38390: Jan 28, 2019 11:42:58 pm
      btw make a bid for suso? he has started showing what we all knew he was capable of. This time play him as a 10. still feel that he is good. id take him back in a heartbeat. still a fan of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KsECBw6q9Y

Nah not for me. Cut out for Italian footie.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38391: Jan 29, 2019 12:34:04 am
      The Reasons Why Rabiot is so Hated

In 2008, Rabiot was signed to the Manchester City academy on a six year deal that should have seen him turn professional when he turned 17. But six months after signing, the deal is killed because Rabiotā€™s mom became angry at the clubā€™s ā€œtreatment of her boyā€.

The kid then joins PSG and even with Rabiotā€™s talents itā€™s difficult to envisage him earning first team experience (cause he really wasnā€™t that good). However, the club and Laurent Blanc worked with the mom and showed their willingness to work with the kid and allowing him to gradually develop, introducing him to the first team in the manner that Sir Alex Ferguson did with David Beckham and Wayne Rooney.

In 2013 Rabiot and his mom grew impatient and he is sent on loan to Toulouse to earn more playing time. His temporary departure earned him and his mom criticism in the media for their impatience with the club.

After Rabiot returns to PSG from loan, Laurent Blanc Blanc begins to start him in 1 of 2.5 games at the beginning of the season. In the middle of the second half of the season, Rabiotā€™s mom threatens that his son will attempt to leave the club if he is not given more playing time with Matuidi, Verrati, Thiago motta and Pastore in the squad. As a result Laurent Blanc starts him in more games.

In 2015, towards the end of the season before Zlatan Ibrahimovicā€™s contract is about to run out, Rabiot and Zlatan get into a fight at the training center in Paris.

While Thiago Motta was getting old and eventually was unable to play at a high level, he was replaced by Rabiot as a defensive midfielder in important games. He played very well at this position and fans grew excited as they thought they had found the perfect replacement for Thiago motta. Instead of serving his club by playing in whatever position that would help the team win games, he and his mom complained to the coach and president that this was not the role he wanted to have at the club as he wanted a more sexy type of style in games and attack instead of defending. Even though he was much better at defending than attacking, him and his mother would whine about it. Even in the champions league games Rabiot would go against playing as a starting defensive midfielder. Despite these demands, the coach would still sometimes put him at the 6 position with the goal of winning and putting the team before the individuals. Which probably led to even more disgusting behavior from the Rabiot family as they didnā€™t completely get what they wanted as theyā€™re used to.

Rabiot has been often seen as a cry baby that complains to his mom whenever he doesnā€™t get what he wants. Due to him coming from a rich family, it makes sense as to why he cries whenever he doesnā€™t get what he wants.

The President of PSG, Nasser Al Khelaifi, appears to be a big fan of Rabiot, regardless of the sh*t he and his mother give him, he has always said he sees Rabiot as a son and has even gone to treat him as the favorite of the team. Perhaps this was just to keep the Rabiot family happy and to make the mom shut up but it definitely didnā€™t stop them from complaining.

In 2018, Didier Deschamps picks his World Cup squad for the French National team and picks Rabiot to be in the reserves meaning he would be picked into the first team if a midfielder had gotten injured. Rabiot who had only played 5-6 games with France with a performance lower than what it usually is at his club, feels insulted that he is put on the reserves and requests that he is removed from it right away. Instead of Rabiot, Didier had picked Pogba, Matuidi, KantĆ©, Tolisso, and Nzonzi. Who had proven at the time to be much better players in their clubs and on the national team. Even though France is one of the countries with an abundance of very talented players, Rabiot could not see the honor in being considered by being placed in the reserves. Didier Deschamps who strongly believes in the honor and dignity of representing ā€œLe maillot bleuā€ states that Adrien made ā€œa big mistakeā€ by making this decision as he missed out on possibly wining the World Cup and might never be considered for the French national team again.

After Rabiot decided to remove himself from the national team, the media and fans lashed at him for being the complacent little baby that he is and for not respecting the honor of representing les bleus. Of course as powerful as his mother seems to be, she could not control what the media and fans had to say. So instead, he wrote a statement disagreeing towards the label of him being ā€œimmatureā€. The kid cried at people for calling him names.

I must say that when I became a PSG fan, the first time I heard of Rabiot I was not impressed. I found nothing special about his skills and didnā€™t like the personality he had as he seemed to have a very selfish character. I figured that since he was young he would develop into being a pretty talented and mature player, but even now I donā€™t see the improvement.

Itā€™s frustrating how this guy has been playing PSG all along. I myself knew that he wasnā€™t going to renew a contract as it became increasingly obvious that these contract negotiations werenā€™t moving forward. We now know that all of that was part of Rabiot and his entourageā€™s (momā€™s) plan. Keep stalling so you donā€™t get put on the bench until you can leave while screwing the club over by leaving the midfield open.

We sold Matuidi just so that we could give Rabiot the chance to grow and become the ā€œSteven Gerard of PSGā€ like he had stated before. He stalls contract talks and makes it seem like he does want to stay, the club meets his demands even though he seems to think he deserves to have the salary of Messi. And now PSG is going to lose one of its starting midfielders when they are already in the absence of a 6. And with FFP sticking to PSG like moths on a lamp post at night, it looks like itā€™s going to be extremely difficult to replace both positions. For all we know he could not even be a true PSG fan and just forced his way out of the academy into his starting role with the bitching of his mom. Itā€™s just funny that PSG defended this child after the big mistake he had made with the French National team.

In conclusion, although it may screw PSG over, Iā€™m glad that a scumbag like him is leaving PSG. I hope that PSG wins a bunch of champions league trophies without him as well as France with the Euros and the World Cup. I hope he ends up having a sh*t career and karma kicks him and his mother in the ass so hard that he ends up playing in the third division of the Bulgarian League where the Bourgeois would never step foot.

Him and Ben Arfa are definitely on my sh*t list. I donā€™t ever want to hear about these two or see them on a screen in my life again.

Let Barcelona have him. If they think theyā€™re getting back at us for Neymar, they are in for a treat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/a7gyp0/the_reasons_why_rabiot_is_so_hated/

Taken from reddit and very interesting read. Maybe he just needs to join his dream club to settle and be happy? :)

Anyway, there are always 2 sides to the story, so I rather not assume and wait to hear his side, and if Klopp is interested and signs him up, I would trust his character judgement more than the hate going around the media and fans.
      IDK if this is true, but if even 50% of this is true then, regardless of the rumors, we won't sign him.

Since Klopp came over we have been doing our scouting in a particular way that includes looking for players with a specific mindset that seems to be the ''The team before anything else'' one. I don't see Klopp and his staff bringing in a guy who, according to this Reddit post, is not only problematic but carries around a ''mum agent'' who is even more poisonous and problematic than him.

If true, even if only partly, I say pass. All cool that he's a good player, but we don't need spoilled eggs in our basket. Type of s*** that ruins a dressing room especially with the intensity of the  football media in England.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38392: Jan 29, 2019 09:07:10 am
      Nah not for me. Cut out for Italian footie.

like salah was when he didnt made it with chelsea in England? A good player is a good player nomatter which league he plays in.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #38393: Jan 29, 2019 12:05:25 pm
      like salah was when he didnt made it with chelsea in England? A good player is a good player nomatter which league he plays in.

Susoā€™s problem was he always fancied himself more than anyone else did. He supposedly had an attitude problem when he was with us and heā€™s really not the type of player Klopp goes for. 0% chance he would come here and Iā€™m cool with that. Never rated him.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38394: Jan 29, 2019 03:06:12 pm
      Susoā€™s problem was he always fancied himself more than anyone else did. He supposedly had an attitude problem when he was with us and heā€™s really not the type of player Klopp goes for. 0% chance he would come here and Iā€™m cool with that. Never rated him.

What attitude problem? Never heard about him having any kind of attitude?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38395: Jan 29, 2019 03:15:33 pm

Talented kid.

Too one paced for me for our game / style I fear - couldnt it just be a move that worked for all?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38396: Jan 29, 2019 03:40:43 pm

No not like Salah. Salah has snap to his game.

Suso is a luxury CM and we are a team full of Cms. None of which are luxury Cms.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38397: Jan 29, 2019 03:43:43 pm
      What attitude problem? Never heard about him having any kind of attitude?

I remember people talking about a supposed attitude problem back then but I'm not sure I ever heard it from somebody in an official capacity.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38398: Jan 29, 2019 05:02:38 pm
      No not like Salah. Salah has snap to his game.

Suso is a luxury CM and we are a team full of Cms. None of which are luxury Cms.

He is playing as a winger for Milan. I'd want him for a am. Not for cm so I agree on that part.
      don't know what you mean by snap, so can't comment on that.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38399: Jan 29, 2019 05:03:24 pm
      I remember people talking about a supposed attitude problem back then but I'm not sure I ever heard it from somebody in an official capacity.

Hmm okay. I don't remember anything about that. Could be something to it or not.
      just see him as a good player.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38400: Jan 29, 2019 06:10:51 pm
      Hmm okay. I don't remember anything about that. Could be something to it or not.
      just see him as a good player.

Lazy in training and liked to give it billy big bollocks.
      Thought he'd made it because he got a move here, then proceeded to F**k it up by acting the c**t.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38401: Jan 29, 2019 08:03:39 pm
      Thought he'd made it because he got a move here, then proceeded to f**k it up by acting the c**t.

Honestly don't remember anything like that. Not saying you are lying, just that maybe you are mistaken? Also could be that I am mistaken.

because I remember br praising him and saying he is a good kid and trains hard and so on.

Edit, searched echo archives with Suso as tag. All I came across is Suso leaving. Liverpool wanted to extended contract but Suso turned ut down.

That and older articles where he says he looks up to Stevie, even his parting words were respectful to the club and Stevie.

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2019 08:10:21 pm by Billo »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38402: Jan 29, 2019 08:50:44 pm
      He is playing as a winger for Milan. I'd want him for a am. Not for cm so I agree on that part.
      don't know what you mean by snap, so can't comment on that.

Simply isnā€™t quick enough to play there for me. Nice feet but doesnā€™t take people out of the game.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38403: Jan 29, 2019 09:27:18 pm
      Simply isnā€™t quick enough to play there for me. Nice feet but doesnā€™t take people out of the game.

Yepp can't argue with that. We haven't been linked with but I just like him as a player and feel that he can still do a good job as am. That's just me tho.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38404: Jan 29, 2019 09:56:51 pm
      Yepp can't argue with that. We haven't been linked with but I just like him as a player and feel that he can still do a good job as am. That's just me tho.

Agreed - lovely player. Just far from convinced would get a look in for us.

Testimony to the level weā€™re playing at I think.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38405: Jan 30, 2019 12:29:59 am
      Thought he'd made it because he got a move here, then proceeded to f**k it up by acting the c**t.

Donā€™t know where this has actually come from - not ever seen anything remotely like it from anyone who is ā€œreliableā€. Also seemed like he respected the club and those around him whenever he spoke.

Unless you have something different on him that Iā€™ve missed and you can show me?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #38406: Jan 30, 2019 03:46:00 am
      Donā€™t know where this has actually come from - not ever seen anything remotely like it from anyone who is ā€œreliableā€. Also seemed like he respected the club and those around him whenever he spoke.

Unless you have something different on him that Iā€™ve missed and you can show me?

It was pretty well reported at the time.  Not too bothered to look up any sources at this point in time, especially since heā€™ll never pull on a red shirt for us ever again anyway. Not even sure why this is a ā€œrumorā€.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38407: Jan 30, 2019 07:14:38 am
      If the barber who I use, who Suso used, said he was arrogant, then it must be true....
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38408: Jan 30, 2019 10:05:05 am

The only thing that came out about him being lazy was from one of those silly SoccerAM Q&A where either Lucas or Kuyt said he was the laziest trainer. But yeah, I read nothing or seen anything that suggested he felt he was above others, and I do recall people getting annoyed with him hanging out with Enrique. ;D!

Edit: can't find the video, but I'm 99.9% sure it was said by a player or 2 before.
      « Last Edit: Jan 30, 2019 10:18:49 am by PurpleMonkey »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #38409: Jan 30, 2019 10:52:26 am
      F**k Susoā€¦.who we really signing...???!!!

Quick Reply