Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178958 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38410: Jan 30, 2019 12:08:51 pm
      F**k Suso….who we really signing...???!!!

;D it's my bad. We haven't been linked with him, it's just my wishful thinking and we started going on about Suso. Let's be honest, it's not alot to discuss this year so got carried away I guess 😁
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #38411: Jan 30, 2019 04:13:13 pm
      ;D it's my bad. We haven't been linked with him, it's just my wishful thinking and we started going on about Suso. Let's be honest, it's not alot to discuss this year so got carried away I guess 😁

Don't apologise Billy it wasn't aimed at you mate....I just saw loads of new posts and though there was some action... :)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #38412: Jan 30, 2019 10:13:12 pm
      I'm really pessimistic about our chances to win the PL if we don't buy some cover in attack. If one of our front 3 gets injured for 2-3 weeks we'll be in serious trouble. We still have to play against Man U and Chelsea, and have the CL...w e don't have the squad to compete against Man City, it's clear. We still need another striker/winger. You know what haunts me? The souvenir of relying on Lallana to replace Salah in the CL final. Never again should that happen.

We’ve got Shaq who can fit in there with Ox slotting in the middle.

Squad is doing fine. Chill and enjoy. 

Your pessimism is just  your worries / neuroses cos it’s been so long and you want it so bad.

After this game against Leicester, I fear that I might be right. We had Salah, Firmino, Mane and Shaqiri on the field today, we needed something fresh and who do we get in? Tadah! Lallana, our Saviour...

Sturridge is a great striker but has not been managed properly IMO.

In brief, our chances of winning the league are very vulnerable now that Klopp has decided to continue with such a thin squad.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38413: Jan 30, 2019 10:31:09 pm
      Dont care, I’m going to say it again; Nabil Fekir.

Clear as daylight once again that we are missing a player like that in the team. Instead we had Bobby dropping back deeper than the midfield to get the ball because there was absolutely no creativity coming from the midfield.

But hey, he’s got a gammy knee that may be an issue or it may not be an issue. We’ll just stick with Lallana and Sturridge on the bench getting paid 100k+ a week to be injured every other game.
      I’d rather we took a chance with a player who may or may not have a potential injury (pretty much like every player as there’s never a guarantee), than resorted to throwing on players that actually are injured more often than not and this part is certainly in the case of Lallana, a player that will have no impact on the game at all.

Or it could just be frustration from the game...
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38414: Jan 30, 2019 11:36:43 pm

Clear as daylight once again that we are missing a player like that in the team. Instead we had Bobby dropping back deeper than the midfield to get the ball because there was absolutely no creativity coming from the midfield.

My preaching. But now it's too late. I figure Jürgen waits & hopes for Ox. I can also see them wait how Fekir holds over the whole season and depending on Ox might make a move for him in the summer. Still, if we play with TAA, Milner and Lovren today, we might win, with Gomez we are CL contenders. It's impossible outside of City, PSG and Barca to feature a team so deep that 3-4 injured starters don't matter.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #38415: Jan 30, 2019 11:59:14 pm
      If Liverpool FC are to sign one player next season it has to be Brooks from Bournemouth. If I have ever seen a lad look like a young Stevie G it’s this man
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38416: Jan 31, 2019 12:35:26 am
      If Liverpool FC are to sign one player next season it has to be Brooks from Bournemouth. If I have ever seen a lad look like a young Stevie G it’s this man

Bournemouth fans are saying he is their POTS so far.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38417: Jan 31, 2019 01:24:38 am

But hey, he’s got a gammy knee that may be an issue or it may not be an issue. We’ll just stick with Lallana and Sturridge on the bench getting paid 100k+ a week to be injured every other game.
      I’d rather we took a chance with a player who may or may not have a potential injury (pretty much like every player as there’s never a guarantee), than resorted to throwing on players that actually are injured more often than not and this part is certainly in the case of Lallana, a player that will have no impact on the game at all.

Tonight was the type of game that a Gerrard or Coutinho moment could have changed. We need that type of sh*t, like.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38418: Jan 31, 2019 09:44:29 am

Thank you for saying this. i wholeheartedly agree. We have the chance to win the league. i mean the f**king league. The f**king premier league. we should do everything to increase our chances to win the title.

Sadly lallana and stu wont do anymore, we need depth in squad.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #38419: Jan 31, 2019 12:22:57 pm
      Stu and Lallana or their will always be in squad whlie were owned by someone who wants the club to be self financing
      Kopite78
      Reply #38420: Jan 31, 2019 12:28:01 pm
      Stu and Lallana or their will always be in squad whlie were owned by someone who wants the club to be self financing

I've tried 3 or 4 times with that

What now?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #38421: Jan 31, 2019 02:19:34 pm
      Tonight was the type of game that a Gerrard or Coutinho moment could have changed. We need that type of sh*t, like.

So true, we don't have anyone in the midfield that's prepared to shoot from outside the area anymore.

We try to create the perfect goal.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38422: Jan 31, 2019 02:59:45 pm
      So true, we don't have anyone in the midfield that's prepared to shoot from outside the area anymore.

We try to create the perfect goal.

Shaqiri.
      Trouble is, deep opposition find it relatively easy to close down the player and block shooting options.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38423: Jan 31, 2019 03:34:51 pm
      We have enough and we have OX back soon lets just get on with winning the league
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #38424: Jan 31, 2019 03:53:59 pm
      We have enough and we have OX back soon lets just get on with winning the league

That's the thing, I'm afraid it could be not enough. We can't depend on ox, coming back from long injury, he will need time to get into form. I would even claim that he would be his best next season.

All I am saying is that strengthen squad now can only increase our chances to win the league. I'm 32 year and I don't have memories from the last time we won the league. It's a huge deal, why gamble it?
      the scouts would have eyes on few players, so it won't be a panic buy in that sense. Just a player who can make a impact when needed.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38425: Jan 31, 2019 07:01:37 pm
      Just a player who can make a impact when needed.

Here's the problem: If Klopp now buys a new guy that's saying to the guys of that position: you are not good enough for me, I want better. It destroys their confidence and will (chemistry). How would u feel if your girlfriend told you she just dates a new guy? That can kill off a lot and if that new guy doesn't click ASAP (like VVD) and Klopp has to rely on his usual players you got problems...Jürgen wants to avoid that risk within the season and I think he's right.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38426: Jan 31, 2019 09:54:24 pm
      One thing that is clear that needs addressing is the midfield, it won’t be this transfer window but in the summer it’s a must.

Out of our CMs; Fab, Hendo, Milly, Gini and Keita, they’ve managed just a combined total of 7 assists between them in the league. Hendo, hasn’t contributed a single assist.
      To put that into perspective - Trent, Robbo and Virgil have a total of 12 between them. One of them is a CB and one has missed a number of games through injury.

Salah, playing most of the season as the CF, has 8 assists alone. Bobby has 5, Shaqiri 4 and Mane 2.
      Our biggest threat from the midfield is Fab, and he’s a defensive midfielder by trade.

My point is, the midfield is essentially being completely bypassed. Milly leads the way on assists out of the midfielders and that is just 3. That the same number as Virgil.

In terms of goals scored, our CMs have a total of 5, Milly again leading the way on 3 and not all from open play.

Our midfield has some work horses in it but the lack of creativity and goal threat from them is worrying, very worrying. We’ve gotten better as a whole unit with the departure of Coutinho, but his goals and assists are far from being replaced.
      Look at the midfield vs Leicester and it was screaming out for a creative midfielder, we had Bobby dropping all the way back because the others were getting nothing at all to feed off.
      I can’t remember the last time we had a midfield with such little creativity and goal threat. We’ve always had at least 1 played in there, be it Gerrard, Alonso, Coutinho or whoever, but ever since Coutinho went we haven’t had that. Ox comes the closest but he’s more of a driving player forward, pick the ball up and launch a shot at goal, he’s not a creator for others to score on a regular basis...and he’s been injured for nearly a year.

Keita was meant to be the answer to the problem but he’s been one of our worst players this season.

Klopp wanted Fekir in the summer and I don’t believe for a second that he walked away from that deal 100% satisfied that we were filling the gap. It’s our biggest weakness this season and something we really need to sort in the summer. It’s amazing how many goals we’ve still managed to score, a testament to just how good our front 3 and our fullbacks are.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2019 10:00:08 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38427: Jan 31, 2019 11:25:38 pm

Spot F***ing on Brother.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38428: Feb 01, 2019 12:27:56 am
      Lazar Markovic gone to Fulham.
      Free transfer.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019 12:34:03 am by racerx34 »
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #38429: Feb 01, 2019 12:32:20 am
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019 12:34:29 am by racerx34 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38430: Feb 01, 2019 02:26:05 am
      Lazar Markovic gone to Fulham.
      Free transfer.

Saving 6 months worth of wages on the waste of space actually seems like we’ve gotten a good deal.

Bet he plays about 3 times for Fulham before being shifted elsewhere in the summer.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #38431: Feb 01, 2019 02:43:14 am
      I thought I would never see the day Lazar would be off the books but did good for himself hanging around to be picked up by a Premiership club (well Premiership for now).
      Kopite78
      Reply #38432: Feb 01, 2019 10:09:47 am
      I thought I would never see the day Lazar would be off the books but did good for himself hanging around to be picked up by a Premiership club (well Premiership for now).

He must have learnt to time travel whilst not playing football

Quick Reply