Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179627 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38433: Feb 01, 2019 11:14:27 am
      Dont care, I’m going to say it again; Nabil Fekir.

Clear as daylight once again that we are missing a player like that in the team. Instead we had Bobby dropping back deeper than the midfield to get the ball because there was absolutely no creativity coming from the midfield.

But hey, he’s got a gammy knee that may be an issue or it may not be an issue. We’ll just stick with Lallana and Sturridge on the bench getting paid 100k+ a week to be injured every other game.
      I’d rather we took a chance with a player who may or may not have a potential injury (pretty much like every player as there’s never a guarantee), than resorted to throwing on players that actually are injured more often than not and this part is certainly in the case of Lallana, a player that will have no impact on the game at all.

Or it could just be frustration from the game...

Just can't see why some people can not see that  :roll:

This alday long, Well Said 7-KK-7
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38434: Feb 01, 2019 11:22:45 am
      One thing that is clear that needs addressing is the midfield, it won’t be this transfer window but in the summer it’s a must.

Out of our CMs; Fab, Hendo, Milly, Gini and Keita, they’ve managed just a combined total of 7 assists between them in the league. Hendo, hasn’t contributed a single assist.
      To put that into perspective - Trent, Robbo and Virgil have a total of 12 between them. One of them is a CB and one has missed a number of games through injury.

Salah, playing most of the season as the CF, has 8 assists alone. Bobby has 5, Shaqiri 4 and Mane 2.
      Our biggest threat from the midfield is Fab, and he’s a defensive midfielder by trade.

My point is, the midfield is essentially being completely bypassed. Milly leads the way on assists out of the midfielders and that is just 3. That the same number as Virgil.

In terms of goals scored, our CMs have a total of 5, Milly again leading the way on 3 and not all from open play.

Our midfield has some work horses in it but the lack of creativity and goal threat from them is worrying, very worrying. We’ve gotten better as a whole unit with the departure of Coutinho, but his goals and assists are far from being replaced.
      Look at the midfield vs Leicester and it was screaming out for a creative midfielder, we had Bobby dropping all the way back because the others were getting nothing at all to feed off.
      I can’t remember the last time we had a midfield with such little creativity and goal threat. We’ve always had at least 1 played in there, be it Gerrard, Alonso, Coutinho or whoever, but ever since Coutinho went we haven’t had that. Ox comes the closest but he’s more of a driving player forward, pick the ball up and launch a shot at goal, he’s not a creator for others to score on a regular basis...and he’s been injured for nearly a year.

Keita was meant to be the answer to the problem but he’s been one of our worst players this season.

Klopp wanted Fekir in the summer and I don’t believe for a second that he walked away from that deal 100% satisfied that we were filling the gap. It’s our biggest weakness this season and something we really need to sort in the summer. It’s amazing how many goals we’ve still managed to score, a testament to just how good our front 3 and our fullbacks are.
      I agree with your overall point, but when it comes to assist to me that means very little as a player can have a shot on goal it hits another player and falls to a third how scores, would you really call that and assist by the second player...?
      Apart from that I'm with you a 100%
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #38435: Feb 01, 2019 11:28:23 am
      Good to see crouchy back in the prem,good lad him 👍
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #38436: Feb 01, 2019 08:42:16 pm
      JFC, been away for work but go to any thread and it's like a bunch of hormonal women crying. Clyne, Fekir, overrun midfield, you name it, and yet here we are, 5 points up in first place. When's the last time that happened? Holy F**k.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38437: Feb 01, 2019 08:45:52 pm
      JFC, been away for work but go to any thread and it's like a bunch of hormonal women crying. Clyne, Fekir, overrun midfield, you name it, and yet here we are, 5 points up in first place. When's the last time that happened? Holy f**k.

Yeah F***ing nightmare

People talking about football on a football forum

Dickheads eh

I'm F***ing delighted we're 5 points clear but it would probably get boring if I just posted

We're 5 points clear you know

In every thread
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38438: Feb 01, 2019 10:00:09 pm
      JFC, been away for work but go to any thread and it's like a bunch of hormonal women crying. Clyne, Fekir, overrun midfield, you name it, and yet here we are, 5 points up in first place. When's the last time that happened? Holy f**k.

Just because we are 5 points clear doesn’t mean that we are the finished article and don’t need to improve. Ask Klopp and he will tell you we still have a lot of improving to do.
      It’s one thing getting success for a season, I.e. Leicester, but it’s a completely different scenario sustaining that success. The reason City are viewed as the bench mark now is because these last 2 years, they haven’t settled for what they have. For us to continue this until the end of the season and beyond into coming seasons isn’t by resting on our laurels just because we are top of the league, it’s by scrutinising performances that simply aren’tgood enough, by looking for ways to continue to improve the team. Otherwise we risk what happened under BR; come so close to winning it, arguably by fluke getting that close given the squad we had, failing to improve and capitalise on our position to go for it again the following season and as a result, end up setting ourselves further back than we had been for a long time.
      Klopp and all his staff will continue look at ways to improve the team, why can’t the fans? Why do the fans have to pretend that everything at the club is perfect? When despite how good we are this season and how amazing the season has been so far, you can always be better. There is no room for complacency because things can soon change. 5 points clear now means absolutely nothing if we lose the next 2 games and City win theirs.

We are all at the age now I expect where we’ve seen the club come so close to winning the league at some point in the last 29 years, but narrowly miss out for one reason or another, that we have a right to be cautious of these things and not take it for granted. This year we have our best chance for a damn long time, it’s not being negative what gets posted, it’s saying what we hope happens or what we would like to see happen to ensure we don’t once again have the experience of getting so close but just missing out.
      « Last Edit: Feb 01, 2019 10:04:19 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #38439: Feb 03, 2019 05:49:44 am
      Haven’t seen him play in a very long time, but I read an article about where it’s gone wrong for James Rodriguez, Bayern apparently unlikely to take up their option to sign him, Real not overly keen on having him back and could be available for a cut price deal in the summer.

Realistically I don’t see us signing him, but anybody watched him, could be the man to link our attack and midfield?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38440: Feb 03, 2019 11:13:46 am
      Quick comment on Solanke.

Eighteen months with us   In on a Free and out for £19 million. 

A £ 1 million a month profit.   

Not bad accounting.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #38441: Feb 03, 2019 12:12:55 pm
      Haven’t seen him play in a very long time, but I read an article about where it’s gone wrong for James Rodriguez, Bayern apparently unlikely to take up their option to sign him, Real not overly keen on having him back and could be available for a cut price deal in the summer.

Realistically I don’t see us signing him, but anybody watched him, could be the man to link our attack and midfield?

No he’s a petulant little git with terrible work rate and ethic. He was a one hit WC wonder signing that hasn’t worked out at two massive clubs now.

I wouldn’t go near him.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38442: Feb 03, 2019 12:29:02 pm

Not bad accounting.

He wasn't free

But apart from that 👍
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38443: Feb 03, 2019 04:08:06 pm

Not bad accounting.

Played a horrific game yesterday. Couple of mates support Bournemouth and they said he was painful to watch.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38444: Feb 03, 2019 04:13:32 pm
      No he’s a petulant little git with terrible work rate and ethic. He was a one hit WC wonder signing that hasn’t worked out at two massive clubs now.

I wouldn’t go near him.

Overrated pretty boy
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #38445: Feb 06, 2019 12:31:39 pm
      Hazard apparently will leave Chelsea. I'd at least try. Hazard is relatively old and without some brand (like Neymar). There won't be many teams willing to break the 100 Mio. barrier, so that's our chance. He'd instantly make us as a team that could win a CL 3peat as well as PL 3peat.

Odds are slim of course. Chelsea might bluntly refuse him to us (and rightfully so), but you gotta go for the hot chick even if it's a long shot for it beats no shot at all.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38446: Feb 06, 2019 12:47:27 pm
      Hazard apparently will leave Chelsea. I'd at least try. Hazard is relatively old and without some brand (like Neymar). There won't be many teams willing to break the 100 Mio. barrier, so that's our chance. He'd instantly make us as a team that could win a CL 3peat as well as PL 3peat.

Odds are slim of course. Chelsea might bluntly refuse him to us (and rightfully so), but you gotta go for the hot chick even if it's a long shot for it beats no shot at all.

He's going to Real.

We won't be signing him.

End of.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38447: Feb 06, 2019 12:49:08 pm

Not bad accounting.

He cost a few million mate.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38448: Feb 06, 2019 02:02:27 pm

Going to Real - simple
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38449: Feb 06, 2019 06:26:13 pm
      Chelsea could soon lose forward Willian, 30, because they will only offer the Brazilian a new one-year contract when it runs out in 18 months, rather than a longer deal.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelseas-strict-transfer-policy-could-accelerate-willian-exit-a4057586.html

If I was Klopp I would sign him in a heart beat, give him a four year contract... A phenomenal player that can turn a game in a on it's head, quick, pacey and knows how to find the net, look as if he could play at premier League level well into his mid-late thirties... Sign Him Jürgen
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38450: Feb 06, 2019 07:00:10 pm
      Chelsea could soon lose forward Willian, 30, because they will only offer the Brazilian a new one-year contract when it runs out in 18 months, rather than a longer deal.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelseas-strict-transfer-policy-could-accelerate-willian-exit-a4057586.html

If I was Klopp I would sign him in a heart beat, give him a four year contract... A phenomenal player that can turn a game in a on it's head, quick, pacey and knows how to find the net, look as if he could play at premier League level well into his mid-late thirties... Sign Him Jürgen

Too inconsistent IMO. But then, I think he’s just one of them players I don’t rate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38451: Feb 06, 2019 08:22:40 pm

I'm a big fan of his and think he'd be excellent under Jürgen.

Can see him going to China though for some reason.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38452: Feb 06, 2019 10:03:25 pm
      I'm a big fan of his and think he'd be excellent under Jürgen.

Can see him going to China though for some reason.

I like him too Si but I can’t see that one happening.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38453: Feb 07, 2019 12:29:26 am

I really do like him, but again... I prefer someone younger, more between 22-24, preferably 24 (shame we didn't go for Anderson!) and in their prime and hitting their peak in 2-3 seasons time.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38454: Feb 07, 2019 04:37:40 pm
      Something a bit different.

With Sven Mislinstat leaving Arsenal and him having already worked with Klopp, can we try and get him?

He's a proven talent spotter. I don't know exactly how the club is structured in terms of the people involved in transfers and talent identifying, but if we could add him while keeping the same structure I would be very happy about that.

Any opinions about him?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38455: Feb 07, 2019 07:33:42 pm
      Something a bit different.

With Sven Mislinstat leaving Arsenal and him having already worked with Klopp, can we try and get him?

He's a proven talent spotter. I don't know exactly how the club is structured in terms of the people involved in transfers and talent identifying, but if we could add him while keeping the same structure I would be very happy about that.

Any opinions about him?

Their signings have been largely poor since he’s been there. They got Aubameyang but they’ve also gotten the likes of Sokratis, Mkhitaryan and Leno etc. As for Torreira, I honestly don’t know what the hell he does on the pitch! People who moan about Henderson should watch that guy play.

Compare that to our signings, I think our scouting department is miles ahead of Arsenal’s.

Quick Reply