Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178792 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38456: Feb 07, 2019 07:46:43 pm
      Something a bit different.

With Sven Mislinstat leaving Arsenal and him having already worked with Klopp, can we try and get him?

He's a proven talent spotter. I don't know exactly how the club is structured in terms of the people involved in transfers and talent identifying, but if we could add him while keeping the same structure I would be very happy about that.

Any opinions about him?

Needs to change his first name, makes me think about someone shouting 'come on teddy' and ikea instruction manuals
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #38457: Feb 08, 2019 04:40:12 am
      Something a bit different.

With Sven Mislinstat leaving Arsenal and him having already worked with Klopp, can we try and get him?

He's a proven talent spotter. I don't know exactly how the club is structured in terms of the people involved in transfers and talent identifying, but if we could add him while keeping the same structure I would be very happy about that.

Any opinions about him?

We have Michael Edwards
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38458: Feb 08, 2019 11:20:16 am
      Chelsea could soon lose forward Willian, 30, because they will only offer the Brazilian a new one-year contract when it runs out in 18 months, rather than a longer deal.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelseas-strict-transfer-policy-could-accelerate-willian-exit-a4057586.html

If I was Klopp I would sign him in a heart beat, give him a four year contract... A phenomenal player that can turn a game in a on it's head, quick, pacey and knows how to find the net, look as if he could play at premier League level well into his mid-late thirties... Sign Him Jürgen

A soon to be 31 year old on a 4 year contract? Have we had a change of ownership/management? Chelsea should have bitten Barca's hand off when they offered £50m + Malcom. That was a ridiculous offer
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38459: Feb 08, 2019 12:20:12 pm
      Never been arsed about Willian.

If we sell Sturridge and Origi this Summer I'm hoping we sign an exciting youngster who can be a real option off the bench and start matches in case of injury.

I think Klopp in his entire time here has been loathed to use the bench because as soon as we get injuries he has to fill it with deadwood or u23 players he doesn't particularly rate.

We have to build a squad sooner or later. There will always be a drop from first choice XI to the bench but it shouldn't be as big as what it is here.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38460: Feb 08, 2019 12:32:03 pm
      If Fekir is DEFINITELY ruled out by the hierarchy, I can see us going in for a #10 PLUS Werner and a CM. We are losing/lost Origi, Sturridge, Solanke and possibly Lallana & Milly.

Salah/Werner
                          Bobby/#10
      Mane/Keita                             Ox/Shaq
             Gini/Hendo     Fab/CM

That plus Wilson, Brewster & Jones would be quite some pool for the front-6
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38461: Feb 08, 2019 12:36:38 pm

Imagine saying that only a year or 2 ago, how things change in football.  Wasn't that long ago that his business acumen was rated alongside del boy's or arthur daley.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38462: Feb 08, 2019 01:09:15 pm
      If Fekir is DEFINITELY ruled out by the hierarchy, I can see us going in for a #10 PLUS Werner and a CM. We are losing/lost Origi, Sturridge, Solanke and possibly Lallana & Milly.

Salah/Werner
                          Bobby/#10
      Mane/Keita                             Ox/Shaq
             Gini/Hendo     Fab/CM

That plus Wilson, Brewster & Jones would be quite some pool for the front-6

Not going to happen but my options would be Werner, Fekir, Rabiot and a LB for cover, maybe Tavernier? Maybe Etheridge to replace Migs.

Not a massive spending. Probably a combined 80mill for the first two, Rabiot is free and Etheridge wouldn’t cost a massive amount.

Get Wilson and Jones involved too, probably more so Wilson at their current stages of development.

Pavard would be the ideal defensive signings as he can play anywhere across the back but he’s Bayern bound IMO.
      Lallana, Grujic, Sturridge, Origi, Moreno, Migs and maybe Milly Out. Not forgetting we get the Ings money this summer too.

Fab, Keita, Fekir
      Gini, Hendo, Rabiot
      Ox there too.

Bobby, Mane, Salah
      Werner, Shaqiri, Wilson.

Would finally have a team that has 2 quality players in each position, having first choice quality players being able to add depth to the team is just what we need. That’s the advantage City have over us with their team. We can match them player for player in the starting 11, but the trouble is, their 2nd starting 11 is virtually as strong as their first choice. Whereas we’ve found out this season that apart from one or two players, we don’t have that.
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019 01:36:14 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38463: Feb 08, 2019 06:14:57 pm
      A soon to be 31 year old on a 4 year contract? Have we had a change of ownership/management? Chelsea should have bitten Barca's hand off when they offered £50m + Malcom. That was a ridiculous offer
      He looks to me as if he could play at premier league level till in to his late thirties
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38464: Feb 08, 2019 09:18:40 pm

I know you have never questioned his ability, but more so wary of his mentality after rejecting us, but after the Mainz vs Leverkusen and having yet another strong creative game, I really want him more than ever!! I think Klopp can take him to the next level, but more importantly, he will compliment Salah, Firmino and Mane, as well as be a damn good replacement if needs be.

With Rabiot, a more dynamic and quicker player than Milner, better technically and more press resistant,  I think we will see more of a 3 man midfield setup, especially vs big teams. With Rabiot, Hendo & Gini, our midfield would take our high counter pressing to the next level. I think we would be stupid not to go for a free Rabiot.... no matter how much of a "c**t" he is :D
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2019 09:29:00 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #38465: Feb 09, 2019 05:31:34 am
      Isco complaining about a lack of playing time at Madrid.

We’ve been linked a few times in the past, so I’m sure that rumour will be about to turn its head again :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38466: Feb 09, 2019 08:54:11 am
      Chelsea could soon lose forward Willian, 30, because they will only offer the Brazilian a new one-year contract when it runs out in 18 months, rather than a longer deal.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelseas-strict-transfer-policy-could-accelerate-willian-exit-a4057586.html

If I was Klopp I would sign him in a heart beat, give him a four year contract... A phenomenal player that can turn a game in a on it's head, quick, pacey and knows how to find the net, look as if he could play at premier League level well into his mid-late thirties... Sign Him Jürgen

Strong pass on Willian.

Always had a poor end product.

If you think he's "phenomenal" then Mo and Mane must be gods as they are both 100 times the player Willian is.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38467: Feb 09, 2019 10:13:59 am
      Strong pass on Willian.

Always had a poor end product.

If you think he's "phenomenal" then Mo and Mane must be gods as they are both 100 times the player Willian is.

???
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38468: Feb 09, 2019 10:15:45 am
      What's the definition of poor end product? Sometimes it feels people just use this randomly against players they don't particularly like for a reason. The other day someone used this against Timo Werner, who has scored like 20+ goals per season for a few years.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38469: Feb 09, 2019 10:40:29 am
      What's the definition of poor end product? Sometimes it feels people just use this randomly against players they don't particularly like for a reason. The other day someone used this against Timo Werner, who has scored like 20+ goals per season for a few years.
      Agreed, and whilst Willian wouldn't take our first team by storm he'd be a massive upgrade to Lallana. People keep judging transfers by their ability to slot into first xi. At the moment it's our quality in depth that's a bigger problem.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38470: Feb 09, 2019 11:38:32 am
      He "would" have been a good signing when he was 25 or 26 but thankfully we have learned our lesson about buying players with no sell on value. Cracking player not always given the credit at Chelsea he deserved.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38471: Feb 09, 2019 11:41:01 am
      He "would" have been a good signing when he was 25 or 26 but thankfully we have learned our lesson about buying players with no sell on value. Cracking player not always given the credit at Chelsea he deserved.

I still don't buy into buying simply if they have a sell value

Van Persie for example didn't when United signed him from arsenal
      But he added the final piece of the jigsaw for them to win the league
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38472: Feb 09, 2019 12:25:37 pm
      Imagine saying that only a year or 2 ago, how things change in football.  Wasn't that long ago that his business acumen was rated alongside del boy's or arthur daley.

Some of us knew it was the manager.
      He was fighting against the committee to get his own signings in (see J. Allen and others).
      Not bad players by any means, but certainly not at the level we've seen since Klopp came in.

For the first time in years, we have everyone at the club pulling in the same direction, and it shows.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38473: Feb 09, 2019 02:16:18 pm
      If we win the league this season and do well in the CL it will be a case of form an orderly queue come June as players agents will be instructed to get them a move to Liverpool
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38474: Feb 10, 2019 09:06:30 am
      If we win the league this season and do well in the CL it will be a case of form an orderly queue come June as players agents will be instructed to get them a move to Liverpool

Exactly. And those players would be in no rush to sign new deals with their clubs having known about our interest. Our probable targets for summer:

Werner? - Enters his final year
      Fekir? - Enters his final year
      Rabiot? - Out of contract in the summer
      Kelly? - Out of contract in the summer
      Hudson Odoi? - Enters his final year

This list is reflective of what Jürgen said after the financials were released. We arent necessarily gonna go big again but we'll make these shrewd, quality signings thats gonna make the XI and the squad stronger!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38475: Feb 10, 2019 03:48:11 pm
      It looks like Hazard has made his mind up and will leave Chavs in the summer, he hasn't actually confirmed this but needless to say if he was staying he would have announced so and settled the dust surrounding his future,....

So..why not put a cheeky wee bid in and see if we can turn his head, i mean after all we are a club going forward,  on the verge of winning the title,  can offer regular CL football, and multiple titles,  lets be honest here, having Hazard sat in behind Mo, Bobby & Mane would be enough to give a Nun a hard on, and make us pretty invincible would it not ?

Ok, we'd probably have to break the bank to get him and Linda may need to offer some Oral conversation's on the Kings Rd, but what a signing eh !!

Go get him Jürgen !!

YNWA
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #38476: Feb 10, 2019 08:00:27 pm
      Exactly. And those players would be in no rush to sign new deals with their clubs having known about our interest. Our probable targets for summer:

Werner? - Enters his final year
      Fekir? - Enters his final year
      Rabiot? - Out of contract in the summer
      Kelly? - Out of contract in the summer
      Hudson Odoi? - Enters his final year

This list is reflective of what Jürgen said after the financials were released. We arent necessarily gonna go big again but we'll make these shrewd, quality signings thats gonna make the XI and the squad stronger!

who's kelly?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38477: Feb 10, 2019 10:40:11 pm
      It looks like Hazard has made his mind up and will leave Chavs in the summer, he hasn't actually confirmed this but needless to say if he was staying he would have announced so and settled the dust surrounding his future,....

So..why not put a cheeky wee bid in and see if we can turn his head, i mean after all we are a club going forward,  on the verge of winning the title,  can offer regular CL football, and multiple titles,  lets be honest here, having Hazard sat in behind Mo, Bobby & Mane would be enough to give a Nun a hard on, and make us pretty invincible would it not ?

Ok, we'd probably have to break the bank to get him and Linda may need to offer some Oral conversation's on the Kings Rd, but what a signing eh !!

Go get him Jürgen !!

YNWA

Hazzard even came out a couple of weeks ago and says he loves playing at Anfield for the atmosphere and the surface we play on.

40 million pounds + 1

;) ;)
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38478: Feb 11, 2019 10:33:20 am

Bristol City's Lloyd Kelly. Primarily LB but can play CB.

Quick Reply