Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178797 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38479: Feb 11, 2019 12:59:36 pm
      Hazzard even came out a couple of weeks ago and says he loves playing at Anfield for the atmosphere and the surface we play on.

40 million pounds + 1

;) ;)

Put a one in front of that 40 and that's your starting point mate !!

YNWA
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38480: Feb 11, 2019 03:04:40 pm
      Does anybody think we can try and get Sessegnon at a reduced price with Fulham maybe going down? Price will probably still be high considering his age and the hype around him.

Would they (Fulham) be willing to sell? Is he good enough and fitting enough for us to go for him? Can pretty much play anywhere on the left flank.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38481: Feb 11, 2019 06:01:00 pm
      Does anybody think we can try and get Sessegnon at a reduced price with Fulham maybe going down? Price will probably still be high considering his age and the hype around him.

Would they (Fulham) be willing to sell? Is he good enough and fitting enough for us to go for him? Can pretty much play anywhere on the left flank.

Might well be the most expensive sale from Championship to PL! Has a contract till 2022 (incl. club options), so Fulham can easily quote 40mil and there WILL be takers.

Gini had that record for a bit and then Spurs bought Sissoko!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #38482: Feb 11, 2019 08:24:31 pm
      Neves is locked up until 2023, so he will be damn expensive. However, fudge the Fekir interest. This kid is young, healthy, and PL proven. I love his game. Break the bank for him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38483: Feb 11, 2019 09:32:42 pm

Put a one in front of that 40 and that's your starting point mate !!

YNWA

They would probably want a 2 in front of it mate.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38484: Feb 12, 2019 12:06:32 am
      Juventus are eyeing a £175m move for Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah, 26.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6293867-outrageous-reports-claim-juventus-have-identified-liverpool-s-mohamed-salah-as-200m-target

Can't see Salah leaving myself, so not worried, Thought it is nice to see that value Salah to that level of financial investment, but be warn J.W.H., these Italian club would probably wast to make the deal over 100 + years  paying it off at £1.75 per year....

Would never sell to an Italian Club, tight gits
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38485: Feb 12, 2019 12:08:10 am
      Juventus are eyeing a £175m move for Liverpool's Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah, 26.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6293867-outrageous-reports-claim-juventus-have-identified-liverpool-s-mohamed-salah-as-200m-target

Can't see Salah leaving myself, so not worried, Thought it is nice to see that value Salah to that level of financial investment, but be warn J.W.H., these Italian club would probably wast to make the deal over 100 + years  paying it off at £1.75 per year....

The source gives you an idea of how bullshit this story is.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38486: Feb 12, 2019 12:11:52 am
      Didn't read it mate tbh, just wanted to quote a source... Would be nice if it was true. Not that I believe salah would leave,, but would give him a big boost in confidence
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #38487: Feb 12, 2019 03:20:02 am

The only way Salah ever leaves is if he turns into a Coutinho, and so far he seems to be fully committed to us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38488: Feb 13, 2019 06:06:56 am

That site is so full of complete horse sh*t. No idea how but seems to work it’s way into all sorts of places as click bait. That shithouse Oliver Bond/AnfieldHQ has started putting the click bait links on his Twitter page...saying that, it’s better than when he was posting stories from the rag a few weeks back I guess.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #38489: Feb 13, 2019 11:15:29 am
      We need new CB in summer, cause we have to many injury issues with current ones. Only Virgil is fit enough...

Would go for Koulibaly.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38490: Feb 13, 2019 03:10:41 pm
      After those comments from Naby and Sadio, time to open a thread for Timo Werner yet?  :D

Got a feeling he'll be our #7 next season! (if Milly opts to go back to Leeds if they are promoted)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38491: Feb 14, 2019 09:04:33 pm
      Just read some Journos linking us to De Ligt and how he would cost 50-60m, if true, I'd say go for it and sell Lovren and Matip.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38492: Feb 14, 2019 09:12:40 pm
      We’d have be completely fu**ed in January then when 3cbs were injured......

Good player and id love to see him here to compete with Joe & VVD but it’s not a 2 for 1.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #38493: Feb 14, 2019 09:46:45 pm
      You'd sell one of Lovren or Matip, not both. That'd be asinine.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #38494: Feb 14, 2019 11:28:27 pm
      A lot of talk over on twitter about Werner the past few days... pinch of salt at all times with twitter though as we know as a lot of bs talking goes on over there.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38495: Feb 15, 2019 12:13:03 am
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6704125/Liverpool-Juventus-weighing-sensational-swap-deal-Salah-Dybala-summer.html
      Juventus offer Liverpool Paulo Dybala plus £44m in bid to land star man Mohamed Salah

Juventus have approached Liverpool with €50m and Paulo Dybala for Mohamed Salah
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38496: Feb 15, 2019 03:49:40 am
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6704125/Liverpool-Juventus-weighing-sensational-swap-deal-Salah-Dybala-summer.html
      Juventus offer Liverpool Paulo Dybala plus £44m in bid to land star man Mohamed Salah

Juventus have approached Liverpool with €50m and Paulo Dybala for Mohamed Salah

They can go and stick that offer up their arses. Tight Italian cu*ts!!!

50 million pounds will be paid off @ 1 million per year for the next 50 years.

A) I would never sell Mo

B) Would never deal with an Italian Club with any of our players.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38497: Feb 15, 2019 04:02:46 am
      You'd sell one of Lovren or Matip, not both. That'd be asinine.
      Exactly. Considering we would be buying a CB because Gomez and Lovren are injury-prone, it wouldn't make any sense to ship both Lovren and Matip away to find ourselves with 3 CB instead of 4, and we'd still be carrying one that is injury prone in Gomez.

I agree with the argument about the need for a new CB if Gomez is indeed injury-prone (I can't judge that by myself). It doesn't make sense to say that our defense is great only when Gomez is fit and then watch him miss an insane amount of games especially when you consider that the backline needs regularity and stability in order to forge the best possible understanding between the players.

As to who we should buy, I don't have a specific opinion on that, but I think that top money should be spent in that area even if it means spending most of our budget on it and missing out on a top AM and a striker. There is no doubt in my mind that heading into a season with a problem in our defense is by far the worse problem of the two.

We've seen what a difference it makes to have a defense capable of dishing out clean sheets. You basically have to score a goal and most of the time the job is done. Compare that to last season when we regularly scored 2+ goals in our games and still lost an insane amount of points because we couldn't hold on to the lead. No question, secure the backline once and for all at all costs.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38498: Feb 15, 2019 10:36:27 am
      Just read some Journos linking us to De Ligt and how he would cost 50-60m, if true, I'd say go for it and sell Lovren and Matip.

Unless the player insists he prefers a move to us, dont think this'll happen tbh! Purely cos of his toxic agent !! We got other priority areas to strengthen and the added cushion of Fab available as a stand-in. Also, we need squad players in LB and GK

Werner, Fekir and Demirbay would be a f**king boss window!! 5 players is what I'm hoping...
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38499: Feb 15, 2019 12:17:22 pm
      They can go and stick that offer up their arses. Tight Italian cu*ts!!!

50 million pounds will be paid off @ 1 million per year for the next 50 years.

A) I would never sell Mo

B) Would never deal with an Italian Club with any of our players.

It's from the daily mail mate, a rabid right wing c**t rag.
      Not a reliable source.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38500: Feb 15, 2019 12:54:14 pm
      Werner, Fekir and Demirbay would be a f**king boss window!! 5 players is what I'm hoping...

as much as I like Fekir, I don't see that happening after whatever happened in the summer. A good alternative for me would be Bruno Fernandes. A proper goalscoring midfielder - he's got 20 this season already. Way too good for Sporting.

I was a huge fan of Demirbay but barely watched him this season so not sure how he's doing (numbers look pretty good). He probably wouldn't cost over the odds as well, and would be a great squad addition.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38501: Feb 15, 2019 01:42:24 pm
      as much as I like Fekir, I don't see that happening after whatever happened in the summer. A good alternative for me would be Bruno Fernandes. A proper goalscoring midfielder - he's got 20 this season already. Way too good for Sporting.

I was a huge fan of Demirbay but barely watched him this season so not sure how he's doing (numbers look pretty good). He probably wouldn't cost over the odds as well, and would be a great squad addition.

Doesnt he come with an insane release clause mate? Pessimistic on Fekir myself, yeah! But its just that he goes into his final year and if the player is desperate to join, we could do a clause-heavy deal! And #18 is being vacated as well  :laugh:

Any chances of going back for Brandt, given the fact that he has played more centrally of late?

Quick Reply