Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203508 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38502: Feb 15, 2019 02:21:36 pm
      Doesnt he come with an insane release clause mate? Pessimistic on Fekir myself, yeah! But its just that he goes into his final year and if the player is desperate to join, we could do a clause-heavy deal! And #18 is being vacated as well  :laugh:

Any chances of going back for Brandt, given the fact that he has played more centrally of late?

You mean Demirbay? Wasn't aware of a release clause, just thought that he isn't as big a name as the likes of Fekir and I would expect to come cheaper. Always loved his technical ability and intelligence when i had the chance of watching him

or perhaps you mean Bruno Fernandes, in that case yeah I'd imagine he has some insane release clause, they always do that in Portugal haha
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38503: Feb 15, 2019 02:36:11 pm
      You mean Demirbay? Wasn't aware of a release clause, just thought that he isn't as big a name as the likes of Fekir and I would expect to come cheaper. Always loved his technical ability and intelligence when i had the chance of watching him

or perhaps you mean Bruno Fernandes, in that case yeah I'd imagine he has some insane release clause, they always do that in Portugal haha

No love for, Rabiot? You was a huge fan of his when he first popped onto the scene, and he is still a damn fine player that could reach exceptional/world class level under Klopp imo.

I am swaying towards a more balanced midfielder over a playmaker type these days as I think Rabiot can help take our 433 to the next level, and do we really need a playmaker in a 433? I believe  Keita settling and Ox returning for next season will give us enough creativity. Hell, even Rabiot and Fabinho are very positive players too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38504: Feb 15, 2019 02:47:32 pm
      I'm not that bothered about midfielders as I think we are pretty well allocated in that area at the moment, especially with Ox soon back, although If Milner and Lallana go then obviously they will need to be replaced.
      I think priorities in the summer are another top class forward, another CB and some cover for LB and RB although perhaps we already have some youngsters progressing there.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38505: Feb 15, 2019 02:51:47 pm
      I'm not that bothered about midfielders as I think we are pretty well allocated in that area at the moment, especially with Ox soon back, although If Milner and Lallana go then obviously they will need to be replaced.

I agree, if we decide to keep both or even one, I don't think we need another midfielder, but there is a huge opportunity to buy an established CL quality player in his prime/peak for free who is also desperate to play for us :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38506: Feb 15, 2019 03:33:20 pm

Yep, was referring to Bruno Fernandes. Some recent talks linking him to Spurs/Chelsea, the figures quoted were insane! And yes, Demirbay would be a shrewd and a not-so-expensive buy, think he'll be a big hit in Jürgen's system!

No love for, Rabiot? You was a huge fan of his when he first popped onto the scene, and he is still a damn fine player that could reach exceptional/world class level under Klopp imo.

I am swaying towards a more balanced midfielder over a playmaker type these days as I think Rabiot can help take our 433 to the next level, and do we really need a playmaker in a 433? I believe  Keita settling and Ox returning for next season will give us enough creativity. Hell, even Rabiot and Fabinho are very positive players too.

Rabiot would definitely be cool. But just feel Edwards-Klopp wouldnt wanna dip into the drama around him, given the news that Bayern have walked away after listening to his financial demands.

Feel we'll go in for both #10 and a CM especially if Lallana, Milner et al are on the exit list. Whether that #10 is an established player or a younger one like Abdulkadir Omur, we'll have to wait and watch!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38507: Feb 15, 2019 04:37:29 pm
      Rabiot would definitely be cool. But just feel Edwards-Klopp wouldnt wanna dip into the drama around him, given the news that Bayern have walked away after listening to his financial demands.

Yeah, thinking about it now, with Ramsey getting paid 400k, I bet Rabiot will want around the same now.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38508: Feb 15, 2019 05:03:12 pm

Oh I love Rabiot. Not sure about those rumours about a supposed attitude problem but ability wise I think he's a great player
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38509: Feb 15, 2019 05:17:13 pm
      Oh I love Rabiot. Not sure about those rumours about a supposed attitude problem but ability wise I think he's a great player

Think the attitude rumours only came around by the making of the club. Because he has said from the start he doesn’t want to renew his contract they were freezing him out, telling him to stay away etc and then there was a load of stuff coming out about his attitude. They are a sh*t hole of a club so I have no doubts it was them rather than the player.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38510: Feb 15, 2019 09:24:22 pm
      They can go and stick that offer up their arses. Tight Italian Cu*ts!!!

50 million pounds will be paid off @ 1 million per year for the next 50 years.

A) I would never sell Mo

B) Would never deal with an Italian Club with any of our players.

^^^^
      This all day  :lmao: :lmao:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Reply #38511: Feb 17, 2019 02:14:06 pm
      Doherty for Wolves would be a handy option at right back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38512: Feb 17, 2019 02:35:51 pm
      Doherty for Wolves would be a handy option at right back.

Agreed. But he's just signed a new long term contract with Wolves.

I think Camacho will be RB cover next season for Trent.

LB cover is more needed when Moreno finally goes in the Summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #38513: Feb 18, 2019 10:33:01 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38514: Feb 18, 2019 10:37:51 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #38515: Feb 18, 2019 10:41:09 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38516: Feb 18, 2019 10:48:58 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38517: Feb 19, 2019 05:01:43 am
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.

Damn it...

https://mobile.twitter.com/FirstTouch_AF/status/1096557414181228545

Stop it Fekir! The control, the strike, the resemblance to what Coutinho used to do for us. Oh how we were crying out for something like this vs West Ham!

If you hadn’t guessed, I’m still not quite over us not signing him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38518: Feb 19, 2019 01:03:26 pm
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.

Damn it...

Stop it Fekir! The control, the strike, the resemblance to what Coutinho used to do for us. Oh how we were crying out for something like this vs West Ham!

Can't see why we that the chance on "The Ox" and not on Fekir... Both the same age given a month or two

AOC Injury History
      https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/verletzungen/spieler/143424

Nabil Fekir's Injury history

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nabil-fekir/verletzungen/spieler/203496

Yes Fekir would have cost more but his injury record was far less off putting than that of AOC

Strange one this  :f_doh:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38519: Feb 19, 2019 01:18:13 pm
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.
      Don’t post Fekir’s goal.

Damn it...

The more I watch Lyon, the more I see why we were in for him, but Ndombele is the real deal for me, he is gonna be one of the best CM players in world football someday!!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #38520: Feb 19, 2019 02:26:38 pm
      Can't see why we that the chance on "The Ox" and not on Fekir... Both the same age given a month or two

AOC Injury History
      https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/verletzungen/spieler/143424

Nabil Fekir's Injury history

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nabil-fekir/verletzungen/spieler/203496

Yes Fekir would have cost more but his injury record was far less off putting than that of AOC

Strange one this  :f_doh:

Not a valid comparison.

It’s not the history - it’s what the scans revealed about the way it was repaired as I understand it.

I’d love him here IF he’s fit.

He’s a superstar at the right club BUT if the medical team have concerns then those should be heeded.

Ox injury was a freak, explosive one. Nowt to do with history.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38521: Feb 19, 2019 08:58:26 pm
      Not a valid comparison.

It’s not the history - it’s what the scans revealed about the way it was repaired as I understand it.

I’d love him here IF he’s fit.

He’s a superstar at the right club BUT if the medical team have concerns then those should be heeded.

Ox injury was a freak, explosive one. Nowt to do with history.

If we can take a chance on the Ox then why not Fekir...?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #38522: Feb 19, 2019 09:01:56 pm
      If we can take a chance on the Ox then why not Fekir...?

Read what I posted dude.

We were happy with what we saw on scans for the Ox - we weren’t for Nabil.

It’s been widely reported that we believed the way the knee had been repaired previously was the problem.

Ox had no such issue.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38523: Feb 19, 2019 09:56:39 pm
      One of the things we really need to push with in the summer is the depth of the team. We can’t be turning to the bench and relying on the likes of Origi. To get to the overall level that City are at, we need to be turning to the bench and looking at the likes of Werner. Outside of the front 3, there is no reliable quality of any sort to come in and make an impact on a regular basis.

If anything proves to be our downfall this season, it will either be a lack of a Coutinho replacement or a lack of quality coming off the bench.

Other than Shaqiri there isn’t anyone really. Obviously when Ox is back that’s another good option but we can essentially write him off until next season in terms of making a difference.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38524: Feb 19, 2019 10:51:43 pm
      Read what I posted dude.

- we weren’t for Nabil.

It’s been widely reported that we believed the way the knee had been repaired previously was the problem.

Ox had no such issue.

Yet who has been sit out some 310 plus with a Cruciate Ligament Rupture...?  Before that he was out with Collateral Ligament  for 63 days and two other knee injuries totaling some 179 days 

552 days and counting vs Fakir's 271 days of knee injuries the last 35 days of which was a Bruised Knee "We were happy with what we saw on scans for the Ox"...

I would have taken the chance of a better player in Fekir a player that since that surgery has only missed 58 days of training du to a knee injury 23 days and a  Bruised Knee 35 days

Quick Reply