Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179047 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38594: Feb 25, 2019 07:53:06 pm
      Don’t know about Yoda but if Wilson was going to be this great player for us, he’d have at least made our bench already.

He’s not good enough. 

Hard to make our bench when he isn't even here at the moment
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38595: Feb 25, 2019 09:30:12 pm
      Hard to make our bench when he isn't even here at the moment

Exactly. If he was everything some people are claiming he’d be here so he could be on the bench.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #38596: Feb 25, 2019 09:40:06 pm
      Exactly. If he was everything some people are claiming he’d be here so he could be on the bench.

It's called getting experience rather than sitting on the bench
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #38597: Feb 25, 2019 09:49:29 pm

Eh ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38598: Feb 25, 2019 11:39:19 pm

Not hard to follow. Klopp has shown he will give chances to those that show promise. The ones that aren’t up to it go on loan. That tells me that right now Wilson isn’t up to it or he’d be here.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #38599: Feb 26, 2019 12:08:40 am
      Not hard to follow. Klopp has shown he will give chances to those that show promise. The ones that aren’t up to it go on loan. That tells me that right now Wilson isn’t up to it or he’d be here.

Would he have been offered and signed new contract before he left. Perhaps he isn't sexy enough for some people but i reckon he deserves a chance.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38600: Feb 26, 2019 06:51:19 am
      Would he have been offered and signed new contract before he left. Perhaps he isn't sexy enough for some people but i reckon he deserves a chance.

Think the contract extensions are just value protecting

I like Harry but having watched him quite closely this season ( again last night) I don't think he's good enough for us
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #38601: Feb 26, 2019 07:39:21 am
      Think the contract extensions are just value protecting

I like Harry but having watched him quite closely this season ( again last night) I don't think he's good enough for us

Is he any worse than Origi?
      Someone who was virtually being pushed out of the door and now seems to be getting regular sub time.

Personally think he has a higher ceiling as back up winger than Shaq.

I think Harry will be assessed over pre season and a decision will then be made.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38602: Feb 26, 2019 08:04:38 am
      Is he any worse than Origi?
      Someone who was virtually being pushed out of the door and now seems to be getting regular sub time.

Personally think he has a higher ceiling as back up winger than Shaq.

I think Harry will be assessed over pre season and a decision will then be made.

It's hard to say isn't it? I personally think Origi would get a lot of goals in the championship and hed look a stand out

Like I say it's nothing personal, I like Harry and when I saw him the first couple of time this season (Brentford and Swansea) he looked very decent but he's not involved very much in overall play, he's kind of a highlights player even at that level

I think you're possibly right that the final decision may well be made in pre season but I genuinely think with the season he has had that there will be offers on the table that the club will find hard to turn down because of the value and ultimately his level not being quite where we are.

I'd love to be wrong and I'd love him to make it.. gut feeling is he won't though

Origi though (slightly separately) I believe from what you hear that his work rate and training levels have forced himself another go.  It again depending on business in during the summer he'll likely be off
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38603: Feb 26, 2019 08:19:39 am

I'd be happy enough if he was in the squad next season and given a chance but not at the expense of signing another quality attacker or two.

I agree with FL and Kopite that if he really was good enough he'd have taken a place in the squad already.
      Kopite78
      Reply #38604: Feb 26, 2019 11:19:10 am
      Just posted this and then came to this tread and read....

Hopefully Klopp has changed his mind after the Utd game

You understand how the world works Yeah?

Forget football take it you're buying a house .. You go to view one and you say to the seller and anyone else who will listen

F**k I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm desperate to spend it..

Think you get a good deal?

👌
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38605: Feb 26, 2019 02:43:25 pm
      £21m release clause for Brandt according to Bild...
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38606: Feb 26, 2019 03:43:54 pm
      You understand how the world works Yeah?

Forget football take it you're buying a house .. You go to view one and you say to the seller and anyone else who will listen

F**k I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and I'm desperate to spend it..

Think you get a good deal?

👌

What Klopp said was before the club said that he had money to spend...
      Judging by what Klopp says he will usually be true to his word and He said that he will not spend big....

What you are saying is he will go for a player he likes but only for a reasonable price instead of a more pricey top quality player..

So we end up with another unproven player, or with a player that does not come up to the level we need

Hopefully Klopp has changed his mind after the Utd game
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38607: Feb 26, 2019 04:44:34 pm
      Obviously you don't know how the world works then

Not sure how people get through life being so naive

Last time Klopp said we wouldn't be spending big, or spending for the sake of it we broke transfer records.

Twice.

So, given that, I think your position has more merit than someone who is, say, lining up a moan about the owners not spending their record profits.
      Just a thought.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38608: Feb 26, 2019 05:59:27 pm
      Yep. He also said he'd never been seen spending the likes of what United spent on Pogba

I have no issue with that. If you give away your hand you have no stand point to bargain with

If Klopp turns around and says,  yeah we've got millions to spend.. I can't wait to start signing cheques... then every selling club knows this.

Any business we are doing or not doing will be done out of the public eye and the manager will do his best to kill the stories straight away like he has done by suggesting we won't be spending big

Not difficult really

More the manager confuses the press the better for me.

Tell them nothing that gives away any info not already available and do our business discretely and efficiently.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38609: Feb 26, 2019 06:03:11 pm
      Yep. He also said he'd never been seen spending the likes of what United spent on Pogba

I have no issue with that. If you give away your hand you have no stand point to bargain with

If Klopp turns around and says,  yeah we've got millions to spend.. I can't wait to start signing cheques... then every selling club knows this.

Any business we are doing or not doing will be done out of the public eye and the manager will do his best to kill the stories straight away like he has done by suggesting we won't be spending big

Not difficult really

I'd hazard a guess that most of our business is being done as we speak/type.

Some seem to think the analysis, scouting type fella's just sit around all year, then suddenly spring into life in late May.

I like the way we do business these days.
      Klopp treats the press how they deserve to be treated, and very little gets leaked.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #38610: Feb 26, 2019 06:05:56 pm
      But tell them we have a fairly big budget in the summer?

Absolutely nothing to gain in that

Don't forget he'd have been directly asked about it by the press not volunteered the information

I think I’m maybe out of the loop on this - I was talking in general terms.

Has something been said today?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38611: Feb 26, 2019 11:39:38 pm
      Posts deleted.

"General Transfer rumours/gossip thread"

There is another thread for Jürgen Klopp. ;)

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38612: Feb 27, 2019 11:58:20 am
      So, this morning's rumors that Werner has agreed to join Bayern who will also sign Lucas Hernandez apparently.

If Werner isnt coming, who else can be an ideal AND realistic target? I'm saying realistic cos I dont think we'll go in for Icardi or Dybala
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #38613: Feb 27, 2019 12:19:38 pm
      So, this morning's rumors that Werner has agreed to join Bayern who will also sign Lucas Hernandez apparently.

If Werner isnt coming, who else can be an ideal AND realistic target? I'm saying realistic cos I dont think we'll go in for Icardi or Dybala

Someone like luka jovic fits the bill, although a lot of clubs are sniffing around at the moment.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38614: Feb 27, 2019 12:55:08 pm
      Someone like luka jovic fits the bill, although a lot of clubs are sniffing around at the moment.

Yeah, I did happen to watch that one game where he scored 4 or 5 (can't remember exactly), but I think he was playing more as an attacking midfielder, and the game was pretty open from what I remembered.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38615: Feb 27, 2019 01:36:28 pm

Many say he is nailed on to replace Suarez at Barca!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38616: Feb 27, 2019 01:43:33 pm
      Many say he is nailed on to replace Suarez at Barca!

Ok, we'll take Suarez then.

Quick Reply