Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179594 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38663: Mar 10, 2019 06:58:01 pm

In the right team he would be excellent, deserves more minutes but depend on what Barcelona would.want for him
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #38664: Mar 11, 2019 12:15:27 pm

I’d have him in the middle.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38665: Mar 11, 2019 12:25:00 pm

He has the x factor
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38666: Mar 11, 2019 12:39:08 pm

very clever ;-)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38667: Mar 15, 2019 09:40:59 am
      Leroy Sane has still to sign a new contract with City...

The Mail reports that Manchester City's lack of progress in talks over a new contract with winger Leroy Sane is partly down to the 23-year-old's mother, who is West Germany's 1984 Olympic gymnastics bronze medallist Regina Weber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6806005/Leroy-Sanes-MOTHER-obstructing-Man-City-contract-extension-talks.html

I did suggest a few months back that Sane was not happy with Pep's treatment of him, people here will say that it is a negotiating tactic, and it may well be, but we should test the waters and put in a bid...

But don't be surprised next season if Sane is not at City... I personally believe that he will be either Bayern, Real or Barca bound, with Bayern being favorite to sign him in my books
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38668: Mar 15, 2019 09:50:19 am

The Mail reports that Manchester City's lack of progress in talks over a new contract with winger Leroy Sane is partly down to the 23-year-old's mother, who is West Germany's 1984 Olympic gymnastics bronze medallist Regina Weber

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6806005/Leroy-Sanes-MOTHER-obstructing-Man-City-contract-extension-talks.html

I did suggest a few months back that Sane was not happy with Pep's treatment of him, people here will say that it is a negotiating tactic, and it may well be, but we should test the waters and put in a bid...

But don't be surprised next season if Sane is not at City... I personally believe that he will be either Bayern, Real or Barca bound, with Bayern being favorite to sign him in my books

If he leaves it would be to a club like Bayern although with Coman already do they need Sane. Coman was their biggest threat on Wednesday, he's a very good player, arguably even better than Sane.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38669: Mar 15, 2019 10:26:40 am
      No way players leave City with a transfer ban looming.. not even Gundogan who will be into his final year!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38670: Mar 15, 2019 10:31:31 am
      If he leaves it would be to a club like Bayern although with Coman already do they need Sane. Coman was their biggest threat on Wednesday, he's a very good player, arguably even better than Sane.

Coman better than Sane??  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38671: Mar 15, 2019 10:33:31 am

If I was a betting man I'd bet my house and dog that Sane will still be at City next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38672: Mar 15, 2019 06:41:06 pm
      If I was a betting man I'd bet my house and dog that Sane will still be at City next season.

So would I.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38673: Mar 15, 2019 09:49:28 pm
      Your House and your Dog... Have you got inside information ...?  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38674: Mar 15, 2019 09:50:44 pm
      Could well be, but I would still put in a bid for him
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38675: Mar 16, 2019 01:36:09 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out a spending spree in the summer, adding that the focus will be on developing a team '100% at its best'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6815377/Jürgen-Klopp-says-Liverpool-dont-need-summer-spending-spree.html

This is the second time that the Mail has printed this story, so it must have some traction to it

The only good thing about it,for me is we don't know what Klopp means by spending big, or if someone became available whom we simple had to buy Klopp may break that promise... I think we will see movement in the transfer market, just not the type of money spent last season
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #38676: Mar 16, 2019 02:01:44 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has ruled out a spending spree in the summer, adding that the focus will be on developing a team '100% at its best'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6815377/Jürgen-Klopp-says-Liverpool-dont-need-summer-spending-spree.html

This is the second time that the Mail has printed this story, so it must have some traction to it

The only good thing about it,for me is we don't know what Klopp means by spending big, or if someone became available whom we simple had to buy Klopp may break that promise... I think we will see movement in the transfer market, just not the type of money spent last season

F***ing hate the Mail - don’t get near it
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38677: Mar 16, 2019 02:04:41 pm
      Well, Jürgen's hint at "not required to spend big" hopefully points towards free signings (Rabiot), last year of contract (Fekir/Werner), lower release clauses (Brandt), etc. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38678: Mar 16, 2019 06:49:40 pm
      I think his point is we don’t have a need that requires us to break the bank as he is obviously very happy with the team he’s got. I’m sure he has some areas to address but I would hope no one thinks we need to go out and spend like City or United at this point in time. That’s not who we are or who we should want to be. At some point we need to learn (we are) to play the guys we have and coach them to be the best versions of themselves they can be.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38679: Mar 16, 2019 07:53:10 pm

Does anyone actually expect him to say any different? If he came out and said we will be splashing the cash here, here and here then what’s that going to do to the morale of the squad players at the most vital time of the season?

Anyone who actually believes what is being printed anywhere about what Klopp has or hasn’t said about our summer plans needs to give their head a wobble.

Said we’d struggle to find better CBs than what we have...paid a record fee for Virgil.

Not in need of a keeper, will be sticking with Karius, going with Danny Ward, the tea lady or whoever else...signed Alisson for a record fee at the time.

The mail, the echo or NASA can post whatever they like about our apparent transfer plans 1, 2, 3, 4 or however many times, it means absolutely nothing.

If there’s one thing Klopp won’t do it’s risk damaging the morale of any player, especially now. Christ he’s been backing Moreno all season whenever he’s been mentioned but he clearly has no future with us.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #38680: Mar 16, 2019 10:09:21 pm
      I fully expect about 4 players to come in.
      We need a back up keeper as Mig looks like he off and at his age needs to be playing
      We have to get a back up right back as well
      Would be inclined to sign a proper attacking midfielder and we also need another striker.
      Looks like Mig, Moreno, Clyne and Studge are heading out the door and want to see some of the youngsters given more of a chance but we need to raise the level of quality options within the squad
      Believe Jürgen that he isn’t gonna spend a ton of cash but will look to make smart signings.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38681: Mar 17, 2019 07:53:59 am
      Well, we are set to lose a good number of home-grown players.. Studge, Clyne, and may be Milner and Lallana too. So wouldnt surprise me if we went for, lets say, Ryan Sessognon (again, last year of contract) and Fraser Forster as back-up players who can chip in for the odd games. May be, may be, we move on Lovren and go in for one of Lascelles or Tarkowski? Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure Edwards and Jürgen have already done most of their leg work, cos Jürgen prefers getting players in at the start of pre season.

That list would be outside the 3 most important positions we actually need this summer - #10, #8 and a versatile front-3 player!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38682: Mar 17, 2019 11:40:01 am
      Does anyone actually expect him to say any different? If he came out and said we will be splashing the cash here, here and here then what’s that going to do to the morale of the squad players at the most vital time of the season?

Anyone who actually believes what is being printed anywhere about what Klopp has or hasn’t said about our summer plans needs to give their head a wobble.

Said we’d struggle to find better CBs than what we have...paid a record fee for Virgil.

Not in need of a keeper, will be sticking with Karius, going with Danny Ward, the tea lady or whoever else...signed Alisson for a record fee at the time.

The mail, the echo or NASA can post whatever they like about our apparent transfer plans 1, 2, 3, 4 or however many times, it means absolutely nothing.

If there’s one thing Klopp won’t do it’s risk damaging the morale of any player, especially now. Christ he’s been backing Moreno all season whenever he’s been mentioned but he clearly has no future with us.
      Understand your point 7KK7, but given the speed (slowness)in which LFC have tended to move in the transfer windows in the past I am not convinced things are already in place. That plus the fact that some players out there will be waiting to see where we finish in both the League and CL before making a decision...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38683: Mar 17, 2019 12:35:08 pm
      Understand your point 7KK7, but given the speed (slowness)in which LFC have tended to move in the transfer windows in the past I am not convinced things are already in place. That plus the fact that some players out there will be waiting to see where we finish in both the League and CL before making a decision...

Bit of a misconception that we move slow. Anything but in recent windows. We had Van Dijk announced before the start of the winter window, we had Fabinho announced before the end of May. Keita was already tied up for the start of July, Alisson was in pretty early too. Shaqiri would have been sooner but for the World Cup and Fekir would have been before the World Cup. If there’s one thing that this club doesn’t do anymore, then it’s not move swiftly on our targets.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #38684: Mar 18, 2019 10:21:14 am
      Milner will be here next season and playing in a lot of games he still has loads to offer.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38685: Mar 18, 2019 11:04:20 am
      Milner will be here next season and playing in a lot of games he still has loads to offer.

Can’t let a player of Jimmy’s experience leave, as you say has plenty to offer..

Quick Reply