Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179042 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38709: Mar 22, 2019 01:05:19 pm
      Anyone else think Depay would be worth looking into? Seems like him and Wijnaldum have formed a strong relationship on and off the pitch. I think he has been playing well for Lyon as well as his national team, and at 25, he is heading into his peak years.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38710: Mar 22, 2019 01:42:52 pm
      Pearce poured a lot of cold water on any transfer rumors yesterday. Basically saying we aren't going to be looking to bring in any players other than to replace. The squad Klopp has now is the one he wants to move forward with.

Take it for what it's worth, I think that's still his opinion and while he's a noted "insider", I don't know that he really knows the entire truth about our transfer plans.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38711: Mar 22, 2019 01:50:13 pm
      Pearce poured a lot of cold water on any transfer rumors yesterday. Basically saying we aren't going to be looking to bring in any players other than to replace. The squad Klopp has now is the one he wants to move forward with.

Take it for what it's worth, I think that's still his opinion and while he's a noted "insider", I don't know that he really knows the entire truth about our transfer plans.

If we aren't looking to bring in another attacker then its just batshit crazy to be honest, I'd be amazed if we don't
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38712: Mar 22, 2019 03:33:33 pm

Isn't that just a re-hash of Klopp's interview a week or 2 ago?

A lot of people here just think he's keeping his cards close, but of course he might mean exactly what he says.

We'll know soon enough.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38713: Mar 22, 2019 03:41:42 pm
      Isn't that just a re-hash of Klopp's interview a week or 2 ago?

A lot of people here just think he's keeping his cards close, but of course he might mean exactly what he says.

We'll know soon enough.

As much as it's fun to think about big name players coming here, I'm not sure that's what Klopp is really concerned with. I think he likes the team he has and doesn't feel the need to try and integrate more big egos. I mean it's taken Keita all season and he's still not come up to speed, Fab took about half the season. We have Ox coming back. Yes we could use some depth here and there but I personally doubt that Klopp feels the need to go and get a Dybala or a Werner, although I wouldn't be against it. I can see him going after some up and comers, young talent he can develop and convince to stay here for a long time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38714: Mar 22, 2019 04:24:52 pm
      Anyone else think Depay would be worth looking into? Seems like him and Wijnaldum have formed a strong relationship on and off the pitch. I think he has been playing well for Lyon as well as his national team, and at 25, he is heading into his peak years.

Has been in and out of the lyon team recently,  undoubtedly talented but looks like the old doubts about consistency and attitude have reared their head again
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38715: Mar 22, 2019 04:26:19 pm

Pearce also said we wouldn’t be signing Alisson.
      Pearce had no idea about Fabinho signing.
      He got called out by Klopp for twisting his words for an article that made it sound like Klopp was fed up at the club. He also said regarding Flanno and his assault case, that we would have had a different view of it had it been Salah.

I pay little attention to what Pearce, Dominic King and whoever else has to say because they are just blagging it and hoping for the best, like us, they don’t know sh*t. Just all about them clicks and then Pearce gets arsey when the clown Oliver Bond starts to pass off what’s been said as his own.

Click click click is all they are about, quite funny how they all think they are ITK and kept in the loop.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #38716: Mar 23, 2019 07:45:21 am
      I would 100% be buying another Striker. Has to be our #1 priority.

Firmino is not a Striker, and Sturridge is hated by Klopp. Would be mad to continue this situation for another year.

Origi is never going to lead the line, so sell Sturridge and buy a replacement.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38717: Mar 23, 2019 09:07:03 am

Firmino is not a Striker, and Sturridge is hated by Klopp. Would be mad to continue this situation for another year.

Sturridge is not "hated by Klopp".

He just isn't good enough for us anymore simple as that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38718: Mar 23, 2019 09:54:34 am
      Get Sancho!
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38719: Mar 23, 2019 10:31:11 am
      Hudson Odoi please. Looks a superstar in the making
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #38720: Mar 25, 2019 03:20:24 am

Downvote.

Firmino isn’t just a striker, he’s one of the best in the world.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38721: Mar 25, 2019 02:30:33 pm

Fella, can you for once, put down your Big Book Of Football Cliches, and try to understand that we don't play with a single striker who "leads the line".
      It's the main reason Sturridge doesn't get more game time, that and he's seemingly made of glass.
      He has fabulous natural ability, but unless a team is set up around him (like Kane has) then he'll struggle.
      We have 3 players who are attackers, and who interchange.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38722: Mar 25, 2019 09:59:58 pm

Firmino is not a Striker,  Would be mad to continue this situation for another year.

Salah and even Mane have played as the 9, haven't they? And even Firmino this season and last, and whilst I agree Firmino is not a natural striker, he has shown he is capable of playing that role, but the problem is, he doesn't have that strikers instinct that you see from natural 9's. I would be in favour for a new 9, an alternative and someone to challenge Firmino.
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2019 10:36:19 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38723: Mar 26, 2019 08:27:20 am
      Salah and even Mane have played as the 9, haven't they? And even Firmino this season and last, and whilst I agree Firmino is not a natural striker, he has shown he is capable of playing that role, but the problem is, he doesn't have that strikers instinct that you see from natural 9's. I would be in favour for a new 9, an alternative and someone to challenge Firmino.

The problem is that we play with 3 forwards and we only have 3 quality forwards, this means that they have to play even if in poor form, Salah/Bobby, and if they get injured we need to shuffle the formation or rely on Origi and/or Sturridge.

WE NEED ONE MORE QUALITY STRIKER, top top priority this summer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38724: Mar 28, 2019 06:13:48 pm
      Fella, can you for once, put down your Big Book Of Football Cliches, and try to understand that we don't play with a single striker who "leads the line".
      It's the main reason Sturridge doesn't get more game time, that and he's seemingly made of glass.
      He has fabulous natural ability, but unless a team is set up around him (like Kane has) then he'll struggle.
      We have 3 players who are attackers, and who interchange.

Sturridge wouldn't shine even if we did anyway any more. Injuries killed off what would have been an incredible career with us. He's finished at the highest level and if we have to sell him for next to nothing it would at least free up wages as I'm guessing he's earning in line with some of our top end talent who play every week.

Hes the one to make way, I was surprised it wasn't last season but he's fit and behind Origi now which surely must mean his time is up.

I think Klopp wants a younger back up to the first choice front 3. The Soalnke signing was good business off the field but didn't help us on it and now questions over Brewsters fitness may see us enter the market for that type again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38725: Mar 28, 2019 06:21:40 pm
      now questions over Brewsters fitness may see us enter the market for that type again.

Not just his fitness, he's a complete unknown quantity at first team level. Looking good in training is one thing, put him into action in the Premier League and it could be a completely different story.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing him off, just more highlighting that not every player who is good at lower levels turns out to be a Rashford or a Sterling.

Pre-season will be massive for the lad. Confidence certainly doesn't seem an issue with him and looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the team, hopefully he will go on to be in the same bracket as the Rashford and Sterling quality.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38726: Mar 30, 2019 02:25:07 pm
      So apparently Fekir’s agent donated money to Edwards’ fund raising page. Obviously means absolutely nothing and absolutely doesn’t for a second suggest we will sign him but I am absolutely going to assume it does and get my hopes up that we will still sign him this summer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38727: Mar 30, 2019 04:14:05 pm
      Any truth in Keita exit rumors?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38728: Mar 30, 2019 06:03:43 pm

They came from the s*n so make your own mind up.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38729: Mar 30, 2019 06:05:56 pm

Reckon there is more chance of me becoming a vegan
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38730: Mar 30, 2019 06:58:26 pm
      So apparently Fekir’s agent donated money to Edwards’ fund raising page. Obviously means absolutely nothing and absolutely doesn’t for a second suggest we will sign him but I am absolutely going to assume it does and get my hopes up that we will still sign him this summer.

I think he's proved his fitness this season with no knee issues. It all depends on whether the deal really did collapse last summer over his knee or if it was over money.

Guess we'll find out this Summer.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38731: Mar 30, 2019 11:20:14 pm
      They came from the s*n so make your own mind up.
      didn't know original source, he's staying then.

Quick Reply