Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179552 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38732: Apr 04, 2019 12:55:24 am
      26 goals and 14 assists from midfield for Bruno Fernandes, some of them unreal. An incredible work rate. I can hardly think of many players I think would suit us that well
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38733: Apr 04, 2019 04:05:35 am
      26 goals and 14 assists from midfield for Bruno Fernandes, some of them unreal. An incredible work rate. I can hardly think of many players I think would suit us that well

Think its 26 appearances and 14 goals bud but yeah, he would suit Jürgen's system like a glove.

Actually, I think getting a striker is not reallllyy critical if we bring in a #10 (Bruno/Fekir), #8 (Brandt/Demirbay) and a left foward (Bergwijn/Gray). Any of the current front 3 can lead the line and there is still a chance that Divock might actually agree to an extension.

Those 3 positions are the most crucial for us in this window. Of course, a back-up GK & LB. There are shouts for a new CB but dont think we'll look for one unless we move on Lovren.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38734: Apr 04, 2019 09:53:57 am
      Think its 26 appearances and 14 goals bud but yeah, he would suit Jürgen's system like a glove.

No he’s definitely in the 20s on goals, he’s been smashing them in.

Would be a boss addition to the side IMO.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38735: Apr 04, 2019 10:11:21 am
      In the League Fernandes has: Played - 26. Goals - 14. Assists - 10.
      For the season he has: Played - 45. Goals - 26. Assists - 14.

So everybody's right. Kind of.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #38736: Apr 04, 2019 10:27:32 am
      Last night Sporting knocked out Benfica in the cup and he scored a superb goal. He had done the same in the 1st leg of the semifinal, on a brilliant free kick. He's the best player in the country at the moment, way too good for Sporting
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38737: Apr 04, 2019 11:03:38 am
      In the League Fernandes has: Played - 26. Goals - 14. Assists - 10.
      For the season he has: Played - 45. Goals - 26. Assists - 14.

So everybody's right. Kind of.

Aaahh.. gotcha  :)

40 goal involvements in 45 games.. damn!! Thats incredible.. almost 1 every game! Influence!!
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #38738: Apr 04, 2019 01:13:32 pm

https://youtu.be/Oxog_5dc_Jk
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | 24 
      Reply #38739: Apr 09, 2019 10:40:38 am
      Question for you lads regarding an attacking midfielder.  I’ve read often the wish by many here for the need for such a player.  In terms of football knowledge I’m still very much a pup but in my short time as a fan it seems, when push comes to shove, Klopp will opt for a more trusted defensive midfield.   My question, is there an attacking midfielder out there that has also shown the ability to handle the defensive requirements Klopp expects?  This could be a daft question but I’m trying to learn and understand  ;D

It’just seems moot to sign someone, and pay such a high fee, for someone that will not see the pitch over the preferred Gini, Hendo, Milly combo .  Then again, that combo has worked for us more times than not. It only seems lacking against those teams that park the bus which is often so I can see the need for someone that can create. I apologize for the long winded post. I only want to learn.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38740: Apr 09, 2019 02:00:23 pm
      Question for you lads regarding an attacking midfielder.  I’ve read often the wish by many here for the need for such a player.  In terms of football knowledge I’m still very much a pup but in my short time as a fan it seems, when push comes to shove, Klopp will opt for a more trusted defensive midfield.   My question, is there an attacking midfielder out there that has also shown the ability to handle the defensive requirements Klopp expects?  This could be a daft question but I’m trying to learn and understand  ;D

It’just seems moot to sign someone, and pay such a high fee, for someone that will not see the pitch over the preferred Gini, Hendo, Milly combo .  Then again, that combo has worked for us more times than not. It only seems lacking against those teams that park the bus which is often so I can see the need for someone that can create. I apologize for the long winded post. I only want to learn.

Only reason the team prefers the midfield 3 that we've seen this season is because the most ideal 10 in the squad isn't back yet and Fekir wasn't signed in the summer. When that signing happens or if Ox returns (whichever happens first) expect the team dynamic to change.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38741: Apr 09, 2019 02:11:28 pm
      Only reason the team prefers the midfield 3 that we've seen this season is because the most ideal 10 in the squad isn't back yet and Fekir wasn't signed in the summer. When that signing happens or if Ox returns (whichever happens first) expect the team dynamic to change.

Or when Keita hits form.
      We've seen glimpses of what to expect, and I can't wait for him to be doing it on a regular basis.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38742: Apr 09, 2019 02:37:49 pm
      Or when Keita hits form.
      We've seen glimpses of what to expect, and I can't wait for him to be doing it on a regular basis.

I do like the occasional flashes from Keita,
      but for all his ability it will probably be more about whether he adapts to the UK.
      I don't mean the PL but rather it's striking that he seems to have no English when you see the videos.
      He must love Mane, because it must be extremely difficult to efficiently take in what happens in training,
      never mind articulate an understanding with some of the squad. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2019 03:01:06 pm by racerx34 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38743: Apr 09, 2019 02:50:48 pm
      but for all his ability it will probably be more about whether he adapts to the UK.
      I don't mean the PL but rather it's striking that he seems to have no English when you see the videos.
      He must love Mane, because it must be extremely difficulty to efficiently take in what happens in training,

Yep, I'm pretty sure there was a report a while back about this very thing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38744: Apr 09, 2019 03:02:12 pm
      Kieta is coming good and will be ready for a full season next EPL and we have the OX I don't think we will be looking for midfield players . We need back up or even competition for our front three but then we have a few youngsters who could easily break through given the chance.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38745: Apr 09, 2019 03:19:12 pm
      He must love Mane, because it must be extremely difficult to efficiently take in what happens in training,

Bloody hell has the lad still not learnt English!! It baffles me why this is so hard for these lads when they can have the best tutors available and have plenty of free time to learn. If they were trying to learn Japanese or Arabic I'd cut them some more slack but to learn a footballers vocabulary surely can't be that hard!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #38746: Apr 09, 2019 04:10:47 pm
      Bloody hell has the lad still not learnt English!! It baffles me why this is so hard for these lads when they can have the best tutors available and have plenty of free time to learn. If they were trying to learn Japanese or Arabic I'd cut them some more slack but to learn a footballers vocabulary surely can't be that hard!

ever learn another language?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38747: Apr 09, 2019 05:19:10 pm

Gareth bale is a prime example
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38748: Apr 09, 2019 06:07:46 pm

Gareth Bale can barely speak English  :laugh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38749: Apr 09, 2019 07:32:40 pm
      To be fair, Keita has always spoken better English than Harry Kane.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38750: Apr 10, 2019 11:54:17 am
      More rumours we have outbid Dortmund for Thorgan Hazard but his personal preference is Dortmund.

I don't want any player who's first choice club isn't us.

Unless he just wants assurance he will start games.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38751: Apr 10, 2019 03:31:28 pm

Yes I have and a with a personal tutor it really is a doddle these days, plus English is one of the easiest languages in the world to pick up, although its tricky to master fully. In terms of learning enough to communicate on a football pitch it should be really easy, couple of months max, no excuses.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38752: Apr 10, 2019 04:19:38 pm

I thought if there was one player that would need no adaption to the PL it was Keita. This is a lad who as a teenager left Africa to play in the French second division and in the next few years lived in Switzerland then Germany. He had a full year to brace himself for Liverpool (surely he would have been learning English in this time?) and played at Leipzig in a high press energetic team like ours. I guess it just proves there is no exact science when it comes to football transfers
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38753: Apr 10, 2019 07:31:20 pm
      Asked about the development of Neves, Lijnders told Portuguese newspaper O Jogo: “I know him very well, his ambition, his passion for the game, his professionalism. I know what he gives to the team and this type of player always interests us.”

“I recognised him when I saw him at Wolves. I saw technique, professionalism. I saw the 2013/14 player I knew”.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coach-ruben-neves-type-16107878

Imagine if we bought a DLPM instead of a DM? I certainly thought a DLPM was better suited (probably is?) last season.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38754: Apr 10, 2019 07:33:11 pm
      Asked about the development of Neves, Lijnders told Portuguese newspaper O Jogo: “I know him very well, his ambition, his passion for the game, his professionalism. I know what he gives to the team and this type of player always interests us.”

“I recognised him when I saw him at Wolves. I saw technique, professionalism. I saw the 2013/14 player I knew”.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-coach-ruben-neves-type-16107878

Imagine if we bought a DLPM instead of a DM? I certainly thought a DLPM was better suited (probably is?) last season.

What the F**k is a DPLM  :roll:

Quick Reply