Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179330 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38755: Apr 10, 2019 07:42:34 pm

Deep lying playmaker. Players like Neves, Jorginho, Alonso, Pjanic, Pirlo etc are considered DLPM's?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38756: Apr 10, 2019 07:45:42 pm
      Deep lying playmaker. Players like Neves, Jorginho, Alonso, Pjanic, Pirlo etc are considered DLPM's?

Well Neves isn’t “deep lying” neither is Pjanic , Xabi spent plenty of times going forward with Masher lying feel

So basically just a ball playing centre mid
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38757: Apr 10, 2019 07:59:24 pm
      Well Neves isn’t “deep lying” neither is Pjanic , Xabi spent plenty of times going forward with Masher lying feel

So basically just a ball playing centre mid

Regista? I would still consider that a DLPM... even a ball playing CM if you want to call it that. And Alonso was and always has been a DLPM imo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #38758: Apr 10, 2019 08:01:07 pm
      Regista? I would still consider that a DLPM... even a ball playing CM if you want to call it that. And Alonso was and always has been a DLPM imo.

Christ - far too many games on championship manager , it just a ball playing centre mid.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38759: Apr 10, 2019 08:02:09 pm
      Xabi spent plenty of times going forward
      Salah got back to defend yesterday, he's still a forward right? ...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38760: Apr 10, 2019 08:04:43 pm
      Christ - far too many games on championship manager , it just a ball playing centre mid.
      Alonso wasn't, unless you get your information from Wikipedia.

https://www.90min.com/posts/5797011-goodbye-xavi-pirlo-alonso-hello-urm-is-the-role-of-the-deep-lying-playmaker-a-dying-breed
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #38761: Apr 10, 2019 08:10:40 pm
      We’ve long been linked to neves would definitely take him. Maybe next summer if Milner stays on another year? Would cost big bucks. Would imagine Citeh will be all over him when he becomes available
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38762: Apr 10, 2019 09:40:54 pm
      Whatever Neves is I'd have him here in a heartbeat.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38763: Apr 10, 2019 11:02:15 pm
      Whatever Neves is I'd have him here in a heartbeat.
      So true  ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #38764: Apr 10, 2019 11:37:56 pm
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38765: Apr 11, 2019 10:08:31 am

Has looked good in the CL.
      Ajax going to be targeted heavily in the summer.
      Which is a shame because that squad has huge potential.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38766: Apr 11, 2019 10:29:40 am
      Has looked good in the CL.
      Ajax going to be targeted heavily in the summer.
      Which is a shame because that squad has huge potential.

Neres looks a fantastic prospect imagine the depth up front with him and Brewster next season?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38767: Apr 11, 2019 10:42:30 am
      Neres looks a fantastic prospect imagine the depth up front with him and Brewster next season?

I'm always up for another Brazilian at LFC.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38768: Apr 11, 2019 12:13:32 pm

It was Rafa who called him a "deep lying playmaker" but that was an indication that Alonso in a 4231 would play deeper than a centre mid in a 442.
      Yes, he still got forwards, Masch, not so much.
      It was the classic double pivot.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38769: Apr 12, 2019 01:14:02 pm

To be fair Brewster hasn’t proven anything yet, I don’t think we can start classing him as good depth when he hasn’t played a single second of first team football. Obviously that is largely injury related but point remains, he might not be up to it for all we know. Been many young players with high potential that haven’t cut it.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38770: Apr 12, 2019 01:16:51 pm
      It was Rafa who called him a "deep lying playmaker" but that was an indication that Alonso in a 4231 would play deeper than a centre mid in a 442.
      Yes, he still got forwards, Masch, not so much.
      It was the classic double pivot.

Exactly. In other words, the combination of a horizontal & a vertical player. I can see Fab being the former and Neves being the latter if we play a 4-2-3-1 often next season. Not surprising considering we have been sporadically linked with Demirbay too.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #38771: Apr 12, 2019 09:05:02 pm
      More rumours we have outbid Dortmund for Thorgan Hazard but his personal preference is Dortmund.

I don't want any player who's first choice club isn't us.

Unless he just wants assurance he will start games.
      I read somewhere that BVB is his first choice because he thinks he will be getting more play time over there. I think this is the type of things that, if we really want him (we being Klopp and his staff), can be solved with a phone call or two from the manager himself to the player.

But then again, we don't know if any of this is true or just the usual baseless rumor.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38772: Apr 14, 2019 09:53:06 pm
      Juventus will sell Argentine forward Paulo Dybala, 25, to help fund a 100m euro (ÂŁ86.4m) move for Benfica's Portuguese forward Joao Felix, 19.

https://www.football-italia.net/136925/juve-sell-dybala-raise-joao-felix-funds

Dybala is a great talent. Messi wanted Barca to sign him. The fact that Juve' are willing to sell him to fund the purchase of Joao Felix should make every team sit up and take notice.

Though he as not come out and said that he is interested in going to Juve' gives every other team hope, but you have to feel that Ronaldo is whispering in the kids ear...

Klopp has already said that he will not spend big this window. Well JĂźrgen if there is a player out there that would convince you to change your mind then this kid is it

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #38773: Apr 18, 2019 09:49:31 pm
      For Next season, I fancy us signing proven players who can have an instant impact: Willian and Lacazette.

Both will want to leave if their respective club does not seem to show improvement. Giroud is still preferred to Lacazette in the French national team and going to a club like Liverpool would do him very good, even more if we are EPL or/and CL title holders. As for Willian he was simply outstanding last season and I'm sure he would be glad to leave Chelsea now.

I think we need to replace Milner, I was shocked by how bad he was against Porto and realised that he has not produced a decent game for some time now. He can hardly improve now, we need better players. Maybe Klopp will bet on Grujic?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38774: Apr 18, 2019 10:01:04 pm
      For Next season, I fancy us signing proven players who can have an instant impact: Willian and Lacazette.

Both will want to leave if their respective club does not seem to show improvement. Giroud is still preferred to Lacazette in the French national team and going to a club like Liverpool would do him very good, even more if we are EPL or/and CL title holders. As for Willian he was simply outstanding last season and I'm sure he would be glad to leave Chelsea now.

I think we need to replace Milner, I was shocked by how bad he was against Porto and realised that he has not produced a decent game for some time now. He can hardly improve now, we need better players. Maybe Klopp will bet on Grujic?

Lacazette, the 50mill striker who doesn’t even hit 20 goals a season? Doesn’t even have a 1 in 2 ratio at Arsenal.
      I’ll pass.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38775: Apr 18, 2019 10:03:56 pm

Pass on both thanks
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #38776: Apr 18, 2019 10:19:45 pm
      Laccazette is the complete opposite JĂźrgen klopp player, doesn't offer anything at all other then a finish.

Willian I have always liked, but not now. The age and price would not make sense, and he would only be a bit part player.

Would rather have someone who really challenges first teamers. Brilliant that I am struggling to see who we can improve on!
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #38777: Apr 19, 2019 12:24:36 am
      To be fair Brewster hasn’t proven anything yet, I don’t think we can start classing him as good depth when he hasn’t played a single second of first team football. Obviously that is largely injury related but point remains, he might not be up to it for all we know. Been many young players with high potential that haven’t cut it.

Many of them claim the golden boot while leading their team to a world cup trophy? The kid will come good, no doubt about it.

Quick Reply