Trending Topics

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206355 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #38962: May 10, 2019 07:50:20 pm
      The man could become a club legend in the next few weeks if we pick up on eof the trophies on offer.

But no way will the club sell. I'b be confident of that.
      Need you not see the why Pep was verbally laying into him in the Leicester City Game... Been saying for Months that Sane is not happy with the treatment under Guardiola...

I think you put too much importance on Sane wanting to become a Legend at City...

Remember Alonso was one with Liverpool. It did not stop him leaving and It will not stop Sane even winning a treble, because he will still have those medals. Plus he is young enough and good enough to go on and win more Medals elsewhere
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38963: May 10, 2019 07:51:46 pm

Tooshay... Point heimdall
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38964: May 10, 2019 07:56:34 pm
      Proven he’s better than Tarko in the UCL yep 100%

Tarkowski did not play in the UCL so you can say that De Ligt is better, there is nothing to substantiate your accretion 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38965: May 10, 2019 09:08:39 pm
      Tarkowski did not play in the UCL so you can say that De Ligt is better, there is nothing to substantiate your accretion 

Well one has been bang average in the Premier League...even against the likes of Fulham and Huddersfield, the other has been one of the best defenders in the Champions League and held his own against the likes of Juventus and Real Madrid. Says it all. Tarkowski doesn’t play in the Champions League because he isn’t good enough.

I don’t remember Tarkowski making a name for himself in the Europa League either....
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38966: May 10, 2019 09:18:07 pm
      I'd rather we sign someone like Tarkowski if we need more CB's, someone who is proven now, not just some new bench warmer who may or may not come good.

If we intend to sign a CB, it should be the levels of de Ligt, Ruben Dias or Skriniar.

Virgil and Matip will be 28 start of next season, and Lovren 30. Clear who should we move on, and thats not just based on age.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38967: May 10, 2019 10:57:12 pm
      Well one has been bang average in the Premier League...even against the likes of Fulham and Huddersfield, the other has been one of the best defenders in the Champions League and held his own against the likes of Juventus and Real Madrid. Says it all. Tarkowski doesn’t play in the Champions League because he isn’t good enough.

I don’t remember Tarkowski making a name for himself in the Europa League either....
      Just because the team has been average it does not follow that the player is... 

Remember we signed Robertson from a average Hull City side
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #38968: May 10, 2019 11:14:52 pm
      De Ligt just seems to be flavour of he month. If were go to spank a load of cash on a center back (which we arent) we should throw 50M at Baywrn for Sule. He's as wide as Van Dijk, and 23.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38969: May 10, 2019 11:27:12 pm
      Just because the team has been average it does not follow that the player is... 

Remember we signed Robertson from a average Hull City side

I didn't say the team had been bang average, I said Tarkowski has. Read properly Ried.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #38970: May 11, 2019 07:57:04 am
      I see the only scenario we would need a CB is when Lovren/Matip leaves. Which I don't think will be happening. If we win the CL, then I'm pretty sure they would want to be a part of the great season that will be coming ahead.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #38971: May 11, 2019 10:22:07 am
      Considering Klopp has helped improved players or given them the chance to reach their full potential, hard to see how any one can just say 'no they're average' about any virtually any top flight player.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38972: May 11, 2019 10:24:32 am
      I see the only scenario we would need a CB is when Lovren/Matip leaves. Which I don't think will be happening. If we win the CL, then I'm pretty sure they would want to be a part of the great season that will be coming ahead.

All we really need in the summer is a top striker who can play across the front three.

In an ideal scenario we get a forward who can play the same role as Bobby and another player who can fill in with Sadio and Mo, but perhaps Brewster can start doing that next season.
      In midfield I think we are fine, especially with the Ox back next season, but if a good midfielder becomes available for a decent price than I wouldn't say No.
      In defence we are looking good although I'd like to upgrade Moreno with someone young and better.

All in all I don't think we need to spend on a lot of players in the summer so we can focus our resources on getting a top forward, because as important as Divock has been the last few games we need better options than him and Sturridge.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #38973: May 11, 2019 10:34:32 am
      De Ligt just seems to be flavour of he month. If were go to spank a load of cash on a center back (which we arent) we should throw 50M at Baywrn for Sule. He's as wide as Van Dijk, and 23.

And as mobile as a drystane dyke........
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #38974: May 11, 2019 11:52:12 am

As wide as..?? what are we looking for in a CB? Waist size?? He runs slower than a celebratory Jürgen. Absolutely the wrong partner for Virgil.

Joe-Virgil were a dream to watch and with Matip, Lovren, Fab and Hoever available as options, I doubt we'll do it. Again, as much as I would love De Ligt, with the cost involved and the agent complications, I feel we can use the money to strengthen elsewhere. Aouar or Ndombele would be perfect signings for the middle of the park, and we add a versatile forward, we are practically set.

Think we'll do 2 major signings (FW & CM) and 2 squad signings (LB & GK)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38975: May 11, 2019 12:13:04 pm
      oh ffs, now it's Tarkowski and Zaha.

Neither are good enough.

I get the feeling we'll see someone who hasn't been spoken about much.
      The press are just guessing, and that's how it should be.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38976: May 11, 2019 12:47:21 pm
      Not sure we need to bother this season.

1 more year of VVD, Gomez, Matip, Lovren and if sh*t hits the fan Fabinho seems good enough to me. Priority as far as I'm concerned is another forward who can play along the 3 positions and if Moreno goes a back up left back.

If Klopp wants a more offensive midfield player then that might work, but in truth we dont need an awful lot this coming window. We are a very good team as it is.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38977: May 11, 2019 05:23:12 pm

OK read properly...

Saying  "Tarkowski doesn’t play in the Champions League because he isn’t good enough" is like saying Messi has never won the World Cup because He is not good enough or Salah has not won the World Cup because He is not good enough...

Or if you want, De Ligt is not good enough because Holland failed to qualify for the Euros last time...

It takes a team to win thorpies and games not a single player
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2019 05:47:24 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #38978: May 11, 2019 06:11:48 pm
      OK read properly...

Saying  "Tarkowski doesn’t play in the Champions League because he isn’t good enough" is like saying Messi has never won the World Cup because He is not good enough or Salah has not won the World Cup because He is not good enough...

Or if you want, De Ligt is not good enough because Holland failed to qualify for the Euros last time...

I see you still don't understnd false equivalences

A player can be transferred into a top side playing in the UCL, they can't be transferred into a national team.

I'm stunned this even needs to be said.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #38979: May 11, 2019 06:20:04 pm
      The discussion touches upon the dilemma that faces big clubs with signing new players vs. developing your own.  IN our case its probably compounded by the importance Klopp's system places on having the right mentality both to execute the tactic AND to be a positive entity in the squad chemistry.

Rhian Brewster is a much-anticipated introduction to the lineup, but he hasn't played a minute with the first team yet. If he comes in and produces little for the first few matches, I've no doubt many on here will be barracking him like nobody's business. But if we keep buying other players at his position, he'll never make it with us but only at some other club.

I agree with Swab about the likelihood of signing someone who hasn't been mentioned or barely mentioned in the press. Fabinho last summer being the best example.

Very curious to see how it unfolds this summer, but we do have a couple of other fairly significant days before then. :-)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38980: May 11, 2019 07:05:44 pm
      OK read properly...

Jesus mate will you give it a rest with that Burnley defender we're way beyond that level now. He's not even at Lovren's level so why would we bother?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #38981: May 11, 2019 07:08:30 pm
      The discussion touches upon the dilemma that faces big clubs with signing new players vs. developing your own.  IN our case its probably compounded by the importance Klopp's system places on having the right mentality both to execute the tactic AND to be a positive entity in the squad chemistry.

Rhian Brewster is a much-anticipated introduction to the lineup, but he hasn't played a minute with the first team yet. If he comes in and produces little for the first few matches, I've no doubt many on here will be barracking him like nobody's business. But if we keep buying other players at his position, he'll never make it with us but only at some other club.

I agree with Swab about the likelihood of signing someone who hasn't been mentioned or barely mentioned in the press. Fabinho last summer being the best example.

Very curious to see how it unfolds this summer, but we do have a couple of other fairly significant days before then. :-)

Rumours we're chasing David Neres valued at £35 million which I believe is a steal in today's market.

I think he's a cracking player but if it means Brewster won't get a look in if we sign Neres then I'm a bit torn on us pursuing him.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38982: May 11, 2019 07:42:45 pm
      Jesus mate will you give it a rest with that Burnley defender we're way beyond that level now. He's not even at Lovren's level so why would we bother?
      Just because a player plays for a low level club it does not mean that said play is a low level player... Again Robertson came from Hull City... So no I will not give it a rest
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2019 11:01:42 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #38983: May 11, 2019 08:14:09 pm
      OK read properly...

I can’t believe this is the conclusion you have gotten to.

You’re an idiot and I’m not going to waste my time because you clearly can’t grasp the different of an individual and a team.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38984: May 11, 2019 11:07:08 pm
      I can’t believe this is the conclusion you have gotten to.

You’re an idiot and I’m not going to waste my time because you clearly can’t grasp the different of an individual and a team.
      They are your words not mine and it is You who does n't seem to grasp the different of an individual and a team

Quick Reply