Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179406 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39008: May 13, 2019 12:20:42 am
      A top notch Forward is the only essential player, we desperately need it so that we can rotate our forwards more, we've been incredibly lucky with injuries to them this year.
      Nice to have is a utility defender who can play LB and RB but perhaps we have a good youngster coming through the ranks?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39009: May 13, 2019 12:24:23 am
      We need 5 players in the Summer:

Backup GK: Neil Ethridge
      Backup LB: Ryan Sessegnon
      Backup RB: Wan Bissaka/Jan Valery
      AM: Dybala/Fekir/Maddison/Felix/Fernandes/Ziyech
      Forward: Neres/Werner

I would think of it more in terms of ongoing rotation, similar to what we see now with our central midfielders. They all, or at least five of them, end up playing a good bit. You could have three centerbacks to share two slots - and each one has to be top, so you could see Virgil, De Ligt and Gomez, with Matip as a very accomplished backup and perhaps Lovren is on his way.

At fullback, you already have James Milner capable of playing both sides and ideally, whoever that backup is would be able to do both. I think it's hard to sign a top player with the idea that he will be a backup in the traditional sense of the word.

Midfield will see Fabinho, Henderson, Gini, Keita and Ox - 5 for 3 places and I wouldn't expect us to sign anybody at this position unless he is a really top player who would improve us even more.

At forward I like the idea of rotating 4 in 3 slots pretty regularly. Now, Is Origi that fourth player? He's been good of late, but would we perhaps sign someone for that group of 4 who is better?

That leaves Shaquiri, maybe Origi, and Brewster as basically backups (doesn't mean they never play - but they wouldn't be regulars). Lallana, Sturridge, Moreno, maybe Lovren and probably Mignolet are the most likely departures.

If there is somebody who checks all of Klopp's boxes we will spend the money on him, but I'm just not sure how many openings there are.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39010: May 13, 2019 12:31:14 am
      A top notch Forward is the only essential player, we desperately need it so that we can rotate our forwards more, we've been incredibly lucky with injuries to them this year.
      Nice to have is a utility defender who can play LB and RB but perhaps we have a good youngster coming through the ranks?

I don't think there's anybody from our youth ranks ready to be a regular among the 7 subs. Ki-Jana Hoever is a bright prospect at defender, but I'm not sure he plays on the left, and again, doubt he would be considered that highly at this age. Same with Brewster at forward; you would expect him to play some next season, but don't think he would be rotating that regularly (unless of course he's the next Fowler or Owen and that good, that young).
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2019 12:08:26 pm by Robby The Z »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39011: May 13, 2019 09:26:54 am
      I don't think there's anybody from our youth ranks ready to be a regular among the 7 subs. Ki-Jana Hoever is a bright prospect at defender, but I'm not sure he plays on the west, and again, doubt he would be considered that highly at this age. Same with Brewster at forward; you would expect him to play some next season, but don't think he would be rotating that regularly (unless of course he's the next Fowler or Owen and that good, that young).

Brewster is that good and if it wasn't for his injury he may have played some games. He is the a combination of both Owen and Fowler don't be surprised to see him burst on to the scene just like Trent did.
      Can anyone name one player who would fit in with this teams work ethic and make a significant improvement. Its going to be very difficult to find one let alone two players who can significantly improve us and if we do find any they are going to cost a lot of money.
      Its going to be an interesting summer.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39012: May 13, 2019 10:10:27 am
      Brewster is that good and if it wasn't for his injury he may have played some games. He is the a combination of both Owen and Fowler don't be surprised to see him burst on to the scene just like Trent did.
      Can anyone name one player who would fit in with this teams work ethic and make a significant improvement. Its going to be very difficult to find one let alone two players who can significantly improve us and if we do find any they are going to cost a lot of money.

I think that all Klopp et all can do is improve the weakest links.
      First XI as good as any.

We know four or five squad players will leave in the summer.
      No doubt better replacements lined up.

Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Lallana, Sturridge. (Edit: Add Clyne to that)

Easily four of that group probably moves on, for different reasons.
      Replace them with quality and that's improved every area needed. 
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2019 12:17:21 pm by racerx34 »
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #39013: May 13, 2019 10:27:01 am

I'm definitely of the opinion Brewster and Ki-Jana Hoever are good enough to be given more senior playing time, maybe in league cup games and earlier FA cup rounds next year. It's fantastic for the club to have youngsters pushing seniors and learning from them.

In general, I would be happy with 1 or 2 top signings though to give us more depth, like people are suggesting. A forward or attacking mid to push the front three is a must.

We're in such a good place to push on and go for it again next year. A young team with experience of going the distance and seemingly the hunger that hasn't dissipated. Good times ahead.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39014: May 13, 2019 10:47:41 am
      I'm definitely of the opinion Brewster and Ki-Jana Hoever are good enough to be given more senior playing time, maybe in league cup games and earlier FA cup rounds next year. It's fantastic for the club to have youngsters pushing seniors and learning from them.

In general, I would be happy with 1 or 2 top signings though to give us more depth, like people are suggesting. A forward or attacking mid to push the front three is a must.

We're in such a good place to push on and go for it again next year. A young team with experience of going the distance and seemingly the hunger that hasn't dissipated. Good times ahead.

Another quality forward is essential, in many ways I think that was the key difference between us and City this year. The fact that they had Gabriel Jesus to turn to on the bench whilst we had Sturridge and with the greatest of respect to the fella Origi. Both Sturridge and Origi are such a huge step down in terms of style of play and quality that its almost like losing  a player when they come on whereas when Jesus comes on for City it's maybe a 5% dip at most, and sometimes he gave that extra little spark they needed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39015: May 13, 2019 11:52:52 am

Utility player = Milner & Gomez
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39016: May 13, 2019 11:57:31 am
      I have no clue who we will be buying, We will be very clever as usual, and wont buy just for the sake of it.

Sorry to say as I really liked both as players, but I think sturridge & Lallana have played thier last games for us, Mings as well.

So a new backup goalie is probably the priority.

Brewster may well be the replacement for Sturridge, unless we have a new striker lined up.

Lallana has already been replaced in the squad by the ox & Big Shaq.

Perhaps a new younger CB to push the existing guys, but we already have Gomez.

A proper LB to backup Robbo, as Moreno is defo off.

1 Marque signing would be nice, to keep the keyboard Fifa generation warriers happy. ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39017: May 13, 2019 12:07:58 pm
      Think Clyne can definitely be added to the list of departures. Had a chance to prove his worth a bit at Bournemouth, I’ve got a few mates who support Bournemouth and they’re far from impressed with him, said he’s been bang average at best and it’s no surprise Klopp so happily let him go in January.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39018: May 13, 2019 12:09:38 pm
      I have no clue who we will be buying, We will be very clever as usual, and wont buy just for the sake of it.

Sorry to say as I really liked both as players, but I think sturridge & Lallana have played thier last games for us, Mings as well.

So a new backup goalie is probably the priority.

Brewster may well be the replacement for Sturridge, unless we have a new striker lined up.

Lallana has already been replaced in the squad by the ox & Big Shaq.

Perhaps a new younger CB to push the existing guys, but we already have Gomez.

A proper LB to backup Robbo, as Moreno is defo off.

1 Marque signing would be nice, to keep the keyboard Fifa generation warriers happy. ;D

Would love if we sign Ryan Sessegnon he is so versatile can play back up FB and Wing positions. I think he would be brilliant under Jurgens coaching.

For backup GK I think Etheridge would be a top choice.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39019: May 13, 2019 12:27:27 pm
      Think Clyne can definitely be added to the list of departures. Had a chance to prove his worth a bit at Bournemouth, I’ve got a few mates who support Bournemouth and they’re far from impressed with him, said he’s been bang average at best and it’s no surprise Klopp so happily let him go in January.

TBH. hes already gone IMO.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39020: May 13, 2019 12:27:38 pm
      Would love if we sign Ryan Sessegnon he is so versatile can play back up FB and Wing positions. I think he would be brilliant under Jurgens coaching.

For backup GK I think Etheridge would be a top choice.

Agreed.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #39021: May 13, 2019 03:06:26 pm
      James Maddison and Memphis Depay and I'd be goochi. Add depth in attacking players is key. Starting 11 is boss, the back line is amazing, and we have bodies at the MF. We still need that key that unlock defenses that sit back and park. We got better with that this year, but Maddison can change the midfield even more so. Reminds me a little of a raw Alosno. He can open the game up from the half way line and is what we are missing from just outside the box.

Depay is class that would fit right in with us and push the attack for a starting spot. The dude makes us better and would demand the others be on their game of they wanna play
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39022: May 13, 2019 03:16:09 pm
      Really cant see us spending the £ on Ryan Sessognon and the kid prefers to stay in London, so most probably Spurs!! We've been linked a lot with Lloyd Kelly, and wont be surprised if it comes to fruition.

3 faces in this window I recon. 1 defender, 1 midfielder and 1 attacker.

Personally, think CB would be a luxury option. Still believe we will do 2 major signings but if an opportunity to sign De Ligt presents itself, we might do that. The Werner rumors have died down and there are talks that he prefers a move to Bayern, so naturally, the Depay rumors are on the up given his 'friendship' with Gini.

Apparently our scouts were at the Lyon-Lille game last week. Would love to do a double deal with Lyon for one of their CMs and one of their attackers. Ndombele/Aouar and Fekir/Depay, which means Edwards has to rekindle his own 'friendship' with Aulas ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39023: May 13, 2019 03:20:49 pm
      Depay who snubbed us for United? Pass.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39024: May 13, 2019 03:45:58 pm
      Depay who snubbed us for United? Pass.

Mo says Hi! So, for all we know, the player would wanna come back to prove himself!

Depay preferred United cos of the LvG connection, the fact that they were in CL and that was the window for him to take the "next big step". And thank God he did at that time cos Bobby was our alternative. So, I'm gonna jump on the "If Jürgen wants him,....." bandwagon!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39025: May 13, 2019 04:10:10 pm
      Coutinho back on loan. ;D.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39026: May 13, 2019 04:14:35 pm
      Really cant see us spending the £ on Ryan Sessognon and the kid prefers to stay in London, so most probably Spurs!!

He’s a Liverpool supporter, he’s said several times so I very much doubt location would come into it if we did go after him.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39027: May 13, 2019 04:25:31 pm
      Really cant see us spending the £ on Ryan Sessognon and the kid prefers to stay in London, so most probably Spurs!! We've been linked a lot with Lloyd Kelly, and wont be surprised if it comes to fruition.

Personally, think CB would be a luxury option. Still believe we will do 2 major signings but if an opportunity to sign De Ligt presents itself, we might do that. The Werner rumors have died down and there are talks that he prefers a move to Bayern, so naturally, the Depay rumors are on the up given his 'friendship' with Gini.

Apparently our scouts were at the Lyon-Lille game last week. Would love to do a double deal with Lyon for one of their CMs and one of their attackers. Ndombele/Aouar and Fekir/Depay, which means Edwards has to rekindle his own 'friendship' with Aulas ;D

Pepe ? Nicolas of course, not that Portuguese/brazilian turd
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39028: May 13, 2019 04:34:23 pm
      Transfer window opens Thursday 16th May...

That’s this week...😳

What we waiting for..
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39029: May 13, 2019 04:42:16 pm
      He’s a Liverpool supporter, he’s said several times so I very much doubt location would come into it if we did go after him.

Hope so. Would be a cracking addition and probably another success story of Jürgen/Edwards picking gems from relegated clubs.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39030: May 13, 2019 04:42:42 pm
      Transfer window opens Thursday 16th May...

That’s this week...😳

What we waiting for..

The Champions League final...

Quick Reply