Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179298 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39031: May 13, 2019 04:54:09 pm
      Paul Joyce: “There will be no lavish spending this summer. The belief of Klopp and the owners Fenway Sports Group, is that the squad is effectively complete give or take the odd tweak should players depart.

Does that rule out De Ligt? Departing players - Sturridge, Moreno, Mignolet, Clyne, Lallana?, Grujic? And may be Kent, Camacho, Wilson.

Like I mentioned earlier, we'll probably make 2 major signings (FW, CM) and 2 squad signings (LB, GK)
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #39032: May 13, 2019 05:19:53 pm
      Another quality forward is essential, in many ways I think that was the key difference between us and City this year. The fact that they had Gabriel Jesus to turn to on the bench whilst we had Sturridge and with the greatest of respect to the fella Origi. Both Sturridge and Origi are such a huge step down in terms of style of play and quality that its almost like losing  a player when they come on whereas when Jesus comes on for City it's maybe a 5% dip at most, and sometimes he gave that extra little spark they needed.

Yea I think that was the main difference. On top of that, to have the likes of Sane or Mahrez who can come in and provide crucial goals has been the main difference for City. When Salah went through his draught, that would have been invaluable. Granted, Ox was that man but we know the rest.

Good thing is, the PL run and the CL has been an immense PR for us. It will be far easier to attract top class players to join the Klopp revolution and I think he will be very careful not to disrupt the immense team dynamics too much with a scatter gun transfer policy or the wrong type of player who doesn't fit into our mentality. I'm used to uttering the immortal words "next year" with a hint of resignation but not this time, it's with a huge dose of positivity now.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #39033: May 13, 2019 05:21:42 pm
      Paul Joyce: “There will be no lavish spending this summer. The belief of Klopp and the owners Fenway Sports Group, is that the squad is effectively complete give or take the odd tweak should players depart.

Does that rule out De Ligt? Departing players - Sturridge, Moreno, Mignolet, Clyne, Lallana?, Grujic? And may be Kent, Camacho, Wilson.

Like I mentioned earlier, we'll probably make 2 major signings (FW, CM) and 2 squad signings (LB, GK)

Hope that isn’t the case. We need a stronger squad. All of our front 3 are in summer tournaments. The AFCON goes until mid July! 
      I’ve still no idea how we’d cope if we lost any of the front 3 long term.
      I’d hope for 3 top additions tbh.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39034: May 13, 2019 05:26:38 pm

That’s on June 1st.. We should be buying now to be honest, I really F***ing hope the Boss is backed this summer..
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39035: May 13, 2019 05:50:05 pm
      That’s on June 1st.. We should be buying now to be honest, I really f**king hope the Boss is backed this summer..

Why? but moreso, how do you know we are not? We wouldn't want any announcements til after the final, as you don't want any distractions going into the game.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39036: May 13, 2019 05:59:17 pm

As much as I want us to sign the likes of, Ndombele or Rabiot, we are pretty stacked in the CM area, aren't we? Milner, Hendo, Wijnaldum, Fab and Keita, then you have the attacking midfielders in Ox, Firmino (if needed) or even Shaq. I also hope we give Grujic an opportunity.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39037: May 13, 2019 06:13:08 pm
      We lost one game all season we are in the CL final that's a pretty convincing argument that the squad is strong enough to cope .
      I think Naby and Shaq along with Ox will play a bigger part next season. Moreno has gone I think Mignolet  may still stay as reports he is playing his part in training etc. Daniel has a year left(?). With the way Jürgen likes to conduct 6 month long interviews with players its going to be some player who will walk into this team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39038: May 13, 2019 07:37:17 pm
      Why? but moreso, how do you know we are not? We wouldn't want any announcements til after the final, as you don't want any distractions going into the game.

Exactly, we have more important things to be thinking about. If anyone makes a move on any of our targets in that time, I have no doubt the club will be made aware and then act accordingly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39039: May 13, 2019 07:48:21 pm
      Transfer window opens Thursday 16th May...

That’s this week...😳

What we waiting for..

International window doesn’t open till June I believe.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #39040: May 13, 2019 07:48:36 pm
      Far too many people expecting football manager type transfer windows - Klopp will just tweak and replace anyone who leaves
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #39041: May 13, 2019 08:42:33 pm
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39042: May 13, 2019 08:52:02 pm

Am I going to trust Paul Joyce to know what he's talking about? Not likely..

Especially since Tom Werner has just said that we are only going to get stronger, and hopeful to win the league.

Sounds to me like we are going to be in the market for top players. Exciting times.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39043: May 13, 2019 09:38:28 pm
      Am I going to trust Paul Joyce to know what he's talking about? Not likely..

Especially since Tom Werner has just said that we are only going to get stronger, and hopeful to win the league.

Sounds to me like we are going to be in the market for top players. Exciting times.

Journo’s proved last year they know sod all, they said we were going with Danny Ward as number 1 and there would be no move for Alisson.
      The club have become such a force in the transfer market that they’ve probably made sure there are no leaks at all. Journo’s may as well be pissing in the wind because I’d be shocked if they know any more than us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39044: May 13, 2019 10:04:26 pm
      Don’t see us buying any huge names. I believe Klopp when he says he’s happy with his squad (especially when fit).

Probably a couple we won’t see coming but I seriously doubt we spend big on any one signing. Should be a quiet summer.
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #39045: May 13, 2019 11:02:35 pm

Maybe as far as actual signings go.  😜. But I’m sure all of the click bait will make sure we have a new rumor per day to spend pages upon pages of posts to read.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39046: May 13, 2019 11:29:01 pm
      I'd be happy with one world class attacking midfielder, or a top class striker to bring goals (I think this year's drawn games show that we need to add more threat to the team), and a world class centre back to accompany VVD.

Think we are solid every where else.

Sturridge doesn't fit the team and style, Origi (albeit superb in those special moments) is too inconsistent, Shaqiri did not offer enough.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39047: May 14, 2019 07:59:11 am
      I think there’ll be one big signing again immediately after the final.

Would love it be be Fekir or similar.
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2019 09:04:12 am by Scotia »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39048: May 14, 2019 08:53:36 am
      I think there’ll be on big signing again immediately after the final.

It makes sense to wait until after the final to disclose any signings,I am sure there will be a couple of top players.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39049: May 14, 2019 09:04:46 am
      It makes sense to wait until after the final to disclose any signings,I am sure there will be a couple of top players.

Yeah - I didn’t mean only one for the window Billy just that I fancy we’ll get off to a fast start.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39050: May 14, 2019 09:35:09 am
      We lost one game all season we are in the CL final that's a pretty convincing argument that the squad is strong enough to cope .
      I think Naby and Shaq along with Ox will play a bigger part next season. Moreno has gone I think Mignolet  may still stay as reports he is playing his part in training etc. Daniel has a year left(?). With the way Jürgen likes to conduct 6 month long interviews with players its going to be some player who will walk into this team.

Exactly, we wont be making signings just for the sake it, we will be replacing guys that are leaving basically, unless there is 1 or 2 big names that we have already lined up.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39051: May 14, 2019 09:49:49 am
      I think there’ll be one big signing again immediately after the final.

Well if we do make a big signing it definitely won't be Fekir mate.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39052: May 14, 2019 09:52:25 am
      Well if we do make a big signing it definitely won't be Fekir mate.

I’m still holding a wee torch mate ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #39053: May 14, 2019 11:49:57 am
      Mo says Hi! So, for all we know, the player would wanna come back to prove himself!

Depay preferred United cos of the LvG connection, the fact that they were in CL and that was the window for him to take the "next big step". And thank God he did at that time cos Bobby was our alternative. So, I'm gonna jump on the "If Jürgen wants him,....." bandwagon!

It's impossible to reject a team that isn't willing to stump up the money to sign you.

Quick Reply