Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178754 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39054: May 14, 2019 12:31:33 pm
      I’m still holding a wee torch mate ;)

Me too..😉
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39055: May 14, 2019 12:56:20 pm

It’s the hope that kills ya mate ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39056: May 14, 2019 01:03:09 pm
      It’s the hope that kills ya mate ;)

Killed me Monday night mate, I knew it’s wasnt going to be when Kompany put the ball top right hand corner against Leicester...

Back to Fekir....Fancy his team mate Aouar too...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39057: May 14, 2019 01:09:10 pm
      Killed me Monday night mate, I knew it’s wasnt going to be when Kompany put the ball top right hand corner against Leicester...

Back to Fekir....Fancy his team mate Aouar too...

Same Shabs.......mind Tuesday cheered me up no end!

Yes - fine player. Not so sold on Ziyech whom I know loads fancy.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39058: May 14, 2019 01:45:53 pm

Tuesday was Xmas,Eid,Diwali,Vasakhi,Pass over all in one 😂

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39059: May 14, 2019 02:20:01 pm
      Mo says Hi! So, for all we know, the player would wanna come back to prove himself!

Depay preferred United cos of the LvG connection, the fact that they were in CL and that was the window for him to take the "next big step". And thank God he did at that time cos Bobby was our alternative. So, I'm gonna jump on the "If Jürgen wants him,....." bandwagon!

Is the same Depay who had an attitude problem at Utd plus was sh*t, that Depay?? PASS
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39060: May 14, 2019 02:26:22 pm
      We lost one game all season we are in the CL final that's a pretty convincing argument that the squad is strong enough to cope .
      I think Naby and Shaq along with Ox will play a bigger part next season. Moreno has gone I think Mignolet  may still stay as reports he is playing his part in training etc. Daniel has a year left(?). With the way Jürgen likes to conduct 6 month long interviews with players its going to be some player who will walk into this team.

We got very lucky this season with hardly any injuries to our front three, we can't expect the same luck next season, we have to have at least one more top class forward to rotate in and keep our existing forwards on their toes.

Preferably a forward who is at their best in January and February ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39061: May 14, 2019 02:31:05 pm

I like Ziyech a lot, he's a little bit unfocussed but has a hell of a lot of ability and further potential, the kind of player that Klopp could transform into a world beater.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39062: May 14, 2019 03:04:37 pm
      We got very lucky this season with hardly any injuries to our front three, we can't expect the same luck next season, we have to have at least one more top class forward to rotate in and keep our existing forwards on their toes.

Preferably a forward who is at their best in January and February ;-)

The Injury thing is a myth. ;D

Salah was still basically Injured at the start of the season took him months to get fully fit, maybe only now he is back to 100%

We lost Firmino at an important stage of the season

We lost all but 1 of our CB's for weeks.

We lost Gomez for a massive chunk of the season just when he was looking like the real deal.

We lost the OX for a whole season.

Naby has been in and out with loads of Injuries.

Lallana has hardly kicked a ball with loads of Injures.

Big Shaq picked up an Hamstring Injury just as he was looking good.

We coped very well considering all that, because we have a brilliant squad.

The squad will be enhanced in the summer, guys leaving will be replaced, we have the cash to spend big, but just remember klopp likes coaching players and making them better, so we not see the marquee signing some dream off every summer.

Its all about the squad and the togetherness.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39063: May 14, 2019 03:24:35 pm
      The Injury thing is a myth. ;D

Salah was still basically Injured at the start of the season took him months to get fully fit, maybe only now he is back to 100%

We lost Firmino at an important stage of the season

We lost all but 1 of our CB's for weeks.

We lost Gomez for a massive chunk of the season just when he was looking like the real deal.

We lost the OX for a whole season.

Naby has been in and out with loads of Injuries.

Lallana has hardly kicked a ball with loads of Injures.

Big Shaq picked up an Hamstring Injury just as he was looking good.

We coped very well considering all that, because we have a brilliant squad.

The squad will be enhanced in the summer, guys leaving will be replaced, we have the cash to spend big, but just remember klopp likes coaching players and making them better, so we not see the marquee signing some dream off every summer.

Its all about the squad and the togetherness.

No you are muddying the water now, I never said that we didn't have any injuries during the season, we had a major issue in defence as you highlighted, what I said was that we didn't have any significant injuries to our front three, they started almost every single game together. Whether they were in form or not is irrelevant, all players have little dips in form, and despite Salah being "injured" half the season, as you claim, he still got a share of the golden boot so I don't really buy that.

Do you really think it makes sense to have cover in all areas of the pitch except in attack, when we are a very attack focused side? And BTW No I do not consider Sturridge and Origi adequate cover.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39064: May 14, 2019 04:09:52 pm
      No you are muddying the water now, I never said that we didn't have any injuries during the season, we had a major issue in defence as you highlighted, what I said was that we didn't have any significant injuries to our front three, they started almost every single game together. Whether they were in form or not is irrelevant, all players have little dips in form, and despite Salah being "injured" half the season, as you claim, he still got a share of the golden boot so I don't really buy that.

Do you really think it makes sense to have cover in all areas of the pitch except in attack, when we are a very attack focused side? And BTW No I do not consider Sturridge and Origi adequate cover.

I do consider them as cover tho, as did klopp. and mostly when called upon they did well. Sturridge is leaving though, so It would be nice to see him replaced with a proven striker.

As always though, what we think is irrelevant, especially with transfers.

I would not be surprised to see no strikers signed, and brewster just replaces sturridge in the squad. Also the young u18s who won the cup, scored loads, klopp loves to promote youth.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39065: May 14, 2019 04:57:13 pm
      Another youngster to watch is Bobby Duncan he already has a great footballers name hasn't he and he is some player too.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39066: May 14, 2019 05:01:12 pm
      Another youngster to watch is Bobby Duncan he already has a great footballers name hasn't he and he is some player too.

Must be in the genes.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39067: May 14, 2019 08:04:43 pm
      Absolutely massive summer ahead.

In 09 and 14 we sold a top player and bought poorly. I'm not concerned about the former anymore as I can't see any top players leaving but we really do need to push on and sign the 3-4 players to complete our squad.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39068: May 15, 2019 11:19:47 am

yes. I've watched some Games on LFC.TV, hes scored loads.  If he keeps scoring next season at that level and U23 level, Im sure he will be in with a shout at some point.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39069: May 15, 2019 11:20:50 am
      Absolutely massive summer ahead.

In 09 and 14 we sold a top player and bought poorly. I'm not concerned about the former anymore as I can't see any top players leaving but we really do need to push on and sign the 3-4 players to complete our squad.

I think main thing is keeping squad together. The transfer will just be replacing Fringe players who are leaving, hopefully with guys that challenge the 1st team.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39070: May 15, 2019 02:56:57 pm
      So Griezman saying he's leaving Atletico. Barca his next move or other candidates out there for his services?

Also wonder if this means Simeone might look to leave as well.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39071: May 15, 2019 06:09:57 pm
      So Griezman saying he's leaving Atletico. Barca his next move or other candidates out there for his services?

Also wonder if this means Simeone might look to leave as well.

If Chelsea are successful in their appeal, Cou is sure-shot joining them to replace the Real-bound Hazard. Only if that happens, I guess, Barca will be able to afford and pay upfront for Griezmann.

Reading that Simeone wants to replace Griezmann with Dybala. Think thats a win-win for everyone. But Lucas Hernandez is leaving, Godin leaving, Rodri might, Saul might.. Atletico are becoming like Dortmund.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39072: May 15, 2019 06:48:09 pm
      Greizman could work but someone said we don't have the money ? If we reduce the deadwood who have not contributed at all and replace them with good squad options then it will be a good window for us along with a couple of Kids coming through
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39073: May 15, 2019 06:52:49 pm
      Greizman could work but someone said we don't have the money ? If we reduce the deadwood who have not contributed at all and replace them with good squad options then it will be a good window for us along with a couple of Kids coming through

He's going to Barca mate.

And for £108 million they can have him.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39074: May 15, 2019 07:00:15 pm

Don't care about the money, but if Griezmann comes in, who do you drop for him? None of Salah, Mane or Senor Bobby deserve to be bumped off the starting XI, and Griezmann isn't going to come here to be a depth option.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39075: May 15, 2019 07:03:37 pm
      Don't care about the money, but if Griezmann comes in, who do you drop for him? None of Salah, Mane or Senor Bobby deserve to be bumped off the starting XI, and Griezmann isn't going to come here to be a depth option.

think the idea is to up the competition for places and with the world club champs and all other games we would be playing 60 plus games . Like others have said he is unlikely due to Barca interest but it would definitely be an interesting one and a real show of intent.What about a swap for Moreno ? ;D
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39076: May 15, 2019 08:25:25 pm
      Think Griezmann would fit in perfectly tbh, imagine that even as a possible front four :)

Though hopefully with a season under his belt, Naby will have a better run next time out, with AOC to come back too - so we should have more options next season in the middle without signing anyone.

But would expect Jürgen to strengthen further. Citeh have set the bar so high, we've no choice but to add more quality.

Jürgen has been just brilliant with his signings, and would expect he'll ship a few out and get a few in. He's plugged all the main gaps we had, we don't have any more glaring weaknessess [like before at keeper, CB, FB] in the first XI = now it's more about depth and *real* competition for first XI places.

Personally I'd have a creative midfielder top of the list, but Jürgen knows what he's doing and hasn't steered us wrong yet..

Quick Reply