Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4180577 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39100: May 16, 2019 11:15:03 am
      Completely agree.  If he would come, and I know he wants to play regularly, then Zaha would be a very good signing for us IMO.

I'm not sold. Very talented but a bit soft I'm not sure he has the battle ability in him to be a Klopp player.

And he will be way overvalued.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39101: May 16, 2019 11:29:40 am
      Surely you're taking the piss? Shouldn't be surprised given how you keep banging on about Sturridge.

Firmino is the best in the world at what he does. Not even kidding. There is no other player in the world I'd have playing his position.

If you guys think that our front 3 are perfect and cannot be improved on then fair enough.

But as far as I'm concerned, Firmino does not pose enough threat, and I would be happy for a better replacement or someone to swap with him.

He went through a bad phase this season and yet played every match at that time.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39102: May 16, 2019 11:53:14 am
      If you guys think that our front 3 are perfect and cannot be improved on then fair enough.

But as far as I'm concerned, Firmino does not pose enough threat, and I would be happy for a better replacement or someone to swap with him.

He went through a bad phase this season and yet played every match at that time.

I think there is always someone better (whether individual or for the team), but on paper, I don't see many that would come in and become a regular in our front 3, at best, it would be rotation or playing with our front 3 for now.

Any players you would suggest that would push Firmino to the bench and make us a better team?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39103: May 16, 2019 12:07:22 pm

I doubt £60M is overvalued nowadays given the size of the PL and CL money - an extra £12M on the books for say a 5 year deal is something I think the club could swallow if the likes of Mane were to do their cruciate!

I think the front 3 are arguably our best front three since we started having front threes as such.  I think the problem is in the replacement three and pressure for their places.

After last season I thought of them all that Mane was the one who could most easily be replaced and he's stitched me right up on the basis of his season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39104: May 16, 2019 01:09:08 pm

And that should tell you something. Even when he's not 100%, he's still ridiculously important to how Klopp wants us to play.

I get it, you love Sturridge and have some weird thing against Firmino, but you might as well put the drum away....Firmino is here to stay (thank goodness).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39105: May 16, 2019 01:26:08 pm
      Apparently Zaha has told Palace he wants to leave to play in the Champions League.

He would make nice cover for our front three. At first I wasn't keen on him but after watching him play us a couple of times, I think he'd be ideal under Klopp.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39106: May 16, 2019 02:02:07 pm
      I take it that Origi hasn't shown enough in the past weeks to consider him as that fourth forward in the rotation. I think he has come on pretty well here with more consistent opportunities.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39107: May 16, 2019 02:04:58 pm
      He's valued at over £60 million do you want to pay that for a squad player?

Have you ever heard of rotation of players, you know what we did in midfield all season, why not do that to our forwards as well or here's a radical thought, actually have a player who can come off the bench and change a game!!! WOW Mind blown!!!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39108: May 16, 2019 03:30:09 pm
      Have you ever heard of rotation of players, you know what we did in midfield all season, why not do that to our forwards as well or here's a radical thought, actually have a player who can come off the bench and change a game!!! WOW Mind blown!!!

Yes yes all for squad depth... but £70 million for a bench player?

We're not Man City.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39109: May 16, 2019 03:48:01 pm

We're not Man City.

Where did the extra 10M come from? you said he was valued at 60M (likely a made up number), and now it's 70?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #39110: May 16, 2019 03:57:01 pm
      Where did the extra 10M come from? you said he was valued at 60M (likely a made up number), and now it's 70?

I agree 80M is really way too much money for Zaha
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #39111: May 16, 2019 03:58:26 pm
      I agree 80M is really way too much money for Zaha

Yeah can't say I'd pay 90M tbh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39112: May 16, 2019 03:58:54 pm

Nope I said he was valued at over £60 million. ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39113: May 16, 2019 04:00:36 pm
      Yeah can't say I'd pay 90M tbh.

Although 100M is a nice round number.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39114: May 16, 2019 04:14:35 pm

We're not Man City.

You still clearly don't get the concept of rotation do you, do you imagine that the midfielders who don't get selected to play for Liverpool one week are sitting there all pissed off wondering why they bothered signed for us, or perhaps they are smarter than you and know they'll play the following week!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39115: May 16, 2019 04:44:34 pm
      next season our players will face a season 60 plus games including Internationals. They aren't machines they will need rest and get injured and be in and out of form and Jürgen is very good at knowing his players. He will not buy anyone unless they will fit in with the rest of the lads regardless of price tag. Its going to be an interesting summer
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39116: May 16, 2019 04:49:48 pm
      I take it that Origi hasn't shown enough in the past weeks to consider him as that fourth forward in the rotation. I think he has come on pretty well here with more consistent opportunities.

he deserves to be considered I think he has been a big contributor these past few weeks/ months and he is a different striker to the others
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39117: May 16, 2019 05:45:54 pm

We're not Man City.

I think 3 players will be enough. So I think we can afford to spend big on a couple of establish players if needs be. Would definitely want a quick wide player about to hit his peak/prime years and to challenge Mane or Salah.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39118: May 16, 2019 06:00:40 pm
      So, Echo basically says no big money moves, cue Dybala or De Ligt or whomever. Although we've been there before, this time it might actually be true, esp with talks of a new contract for Origi.

Lloyd Kelly rumors are picking up, so there's one of the 2 squad signings, the other might be a GK if Migs leaves.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1129069869746589701

Have said this before, I hope we make 2 major signings - an attacker and a center mid. Fab has developed into a phenomenal single pivot in a 4-3-3 and I'm just thinking, for rotation's sake, we probably need a deep-lying playmaker who could play a similar role and in a 4-2-3-1 double pivot. These 2 signings will really complete the squad.

But if we target someone like Brandt or Fekir or Draxler, that's multiple birds in 1 stone, so we can reshuffle the pack and might be content with just 1 major signing. Really hope we kick on from this season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39119: May 16, 2019 06:08:11 pm
      So, Echo basically says no big money moves, cue Dybala or De Ligt or whomever. Although we've been there before, this time it might actually be true, esp with talks of a new contract for Origi.

Lloyd Kelly rumors are picking up, so there's one of the 2 squad signings, the other might be a GK if Migs leaves.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1129069869746589701

Have said this before, I hope we make 2 major signings - an attacker and a center mid. Fab has developed into a phenomenal single pivot in a 4-3-3 and I'm just thinking, for rotation's sake, we probably need a deep-lying playmaker who could play a similar role and in a 4-2-3-1 double pivot. These 2 signings will really complete the squad.

But if we target someone like Brandt or Fekir or Draxler, that's multiple birds in 1 stone, so we can reshuffle the pack and might be content with just 1 major signing. Really hope we kick on from this season.

Like we were going with Danny Ward as number 1 and a move for Alisson wasn’t happening.
      If there’s anything the club has taught us in recent years, it’s to not pay the slightest bit of attention to what the media are saying. They didn’t even have the slightest clue we were signing Fabinho, not even a hunch.

It’s all bollocks what the media say. They will obviously put a dampener on things at the moment because it gets the clicks they want.
      Some tool from the BBC was saying we have £20mill to spend and then deleted it.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2019 06:19:00 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39120: May 16, 2019 06:12:17 pm

I think Origi is going to get a new contract. Adding in Brewster, that would give us the ability to complete play a second front three (if needed). Would we likely ever do that, probably not other than cup ties but still....one longer term injury and a crowded fixture schedule and having backup for all three wouldn't be a bad idea. But who knows. Maybe Klopp will think Brewster and Origi are enough.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39121: May 16, 2019 06:27:37 pm
      I think Origi is going to get a new contract. Adding in Brewster, that would give us the ability to complete play a second front three (if needed). Would we likely ever do that, probably not other than cup ties but still....one longer term injury and a crowded fixture schedule and having backup for all three wouldn't be a bad idea. But who knows. Maybe Klopp will think Brewster and Origi are enough.

Second that. We could do with 1 additional body in both these lines

Mane/Origi - Bobby/Rhian - Salah/Shaq
      Keita/Milner - Fab/Gini - Ox/Hendo
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39122: May 16, 2019 07:56:16 pm
      Luka Jovic to Real for £52m! F**k off , Real!

Quick Reply