Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179117 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39123: May 17, 2019 12:03:46 am
      I think there is always someone better (whether individual or for the team), but on paper, I don't see many that would come in and become a regular in our front 3, at best, it would be rotation or playing with our front 3 for now.

Any players you would suggest that would push Firmino to the bench and make us a better team?

I don't pretend to know enough about other players.

However, just looking at Firmino's game, you can clearly see that other top striker's would be a bigger goal threat (e.g. Griezmann). We would require a fluid striker who fits our style of play, so it would have to be a similar player to Firmino, but one who has a stronger eye and talent for goal.

I recall that Firmino was not a big name player when we bought him. He had immense potential and we were excited at what he could do, but he essentially developed to his current level through the club. There will be others who have the potential to become a massive star through Klopp.

In any case, if we don't bring in a top forward, I think we are missing out. Sturridge will be gone, or he won't play, and Origi is not reliable enough. This is a priority area for me - even if it is back up for one of our front 3.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39124: May 17, 2019 10:37:53 am
      Lots of the squad leaving it would seem (some kind of already gone).

almost positive they're leaving....

1. Clyne
      2. Mings
      3. Sturridge
      4. Kent
      5. Ings
      6. Karius
      7. Moreno
      8. Randall
      9. Bogdan
      10. Chirivella
      11. Ejaria
      12. Ojo

Maybes....?

13. Lallana
      14. Grujic
      15. Wilson

Thats a lot of wages gone, and probably some decent transfer fees in. All for players who hardly kicked a ball for LFC this season.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #39125: May 17, 2019 10:50:18 am

However, just looking at Firmino's game, you can clearly see that other top striker's would be a bigger goal threat (e.g. Griezmann). We would require a fluid striker who fits our style of play, so it would have to be a similar player to Firmino, but one who has a stronger eye and talent for goal.

I recall that Firmino was not a big name player when we bought him. He had immense potential and we were excited at what he could do, but he essentially developed to his current level through the club. There will be others who have the potential to become a massive star through Klopp.

In any case, if we don't bring in a top forward, I think we are missing out. Sturridge will be gone, or he won't play, and Origi is not reliable enough. This is a priority area for me - even if it is back up for one of our front 3.

IMO, and it's only a crazy guess work ;D
      There is maybe only one player can do Firmino's job for Klopp, it's Luis Suarez.
      I believed Firmino is Klopp signing player. Even before Klopp join LFC.
      The way Klopp praised of Firmino almost immediately after he join us, and Firmino said something like Klopp promised to make him to be Liverpool's Neymar. Klopp surely monitor Firmino for long time in Bundesliga, knowing him thoroughly  and make him his definite target like VvD and Keita.
      Plus the way Rodger seemed know almost nothing about Firmino, so played him at fullback tell us a lot.   
      Agreed we need a quality utility forward to rotate/cover with Sadio and Mo.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39126: May 17, 2019 11:40:13 am

Brewster could be our breakthrough player next season and striker cover. I think cover for Mane and Salah is more important. We need a versatile forward who can play on the wing or central.

Neres, Werner or Depay would be my ideal signing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39127: May 17, 2019 12:16:33 pm
      Brewster could be our breakthrough player next season and striker cover. I think cover for Mane and Salah is more important. We need a versatile forward who can play on the wing or central.

Neres, Werner or Depay would be my ideal signing.

Has Depay transformed into a good player since his time at Man Utd, has he also stopped being a total tw*t? I seem to recall multiple stories of how he was a complete dickhead whilst at Utd, more interested in his image and flash cars than knuckling down and working hard.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39128: May 17, 2019 12:21:31 pm
      dont get the depay chat. hes an ex manc, so rules him out anyway. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39129: May 17, 2019 02:07:45 pm
      Joyce figures we've spent around 150-200m on the contract renewals (with VVD's still yet to come) so that probably factors into our transfer budget.

Keep your own first. Then you can be selective on who you want to add.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39130: May 17, 2019 02:36:18 pm
      Lots of the squad leaving it would seem (some kind of already gone).

almost positive they're leaving....

1. Clyne
      2. Mings
      3. Sturridge
      4. Kent
      5. Ings
      6. Karius
      7. Moreno
      8. Randall
      9. Bogdan
      10. Chirivella
      11. Ejaria
      12. Ojo

Maybes....?

13. Lallana
      14. Grujic
      15. Wilson

Thats a lot of wages gone, and probably some decent transfer fees in. All for players who hardly kicked a ball for LFC this season.

Staggering to see the length of that list. Maybe just the size of it dictates that some of them will stay, but you're right that most of these have not been in first team plans for some time, with Migs and Sturridge backups and Lallana perpetually injured. Only half were at Melwood since January.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39131: May 17, 2019 04:36:03 pm
      Staggering to see the length of that list. Maybe just the size of it dictates that some of them will stay, but you're right that most of these have not been in first team plans for some time, with Migs and Sturridge backups and Lallana perpetually injured. Only half were at Melwood since January.

Aye its crazy.

I would be surprised if they all left, as you say only a few have any 1st team dealings over past year. so the rest are really no loss.

probably also dictates new signings..

1) Goalie
      2) Striker\Attacker
      3) Left back

the rest could be promotions from U23 or lads like wilson staying rather being loaned out, could wilson take Lallanas place in squad. ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #39132: May 17, 2019 05:11:19 pm
      What is it about Wilson's game that yall think holds him back? From the few games I have seen of Derby and the HLs he looks good.

I understand Highlights are uber misleading, but the one thing they consistently show is a lot of what we lack (power from distance).

I'm interested to get filled in by some one who has seen enough to properly assess him
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39133: May 17, 2019 05:54:13 pm
      Aye its crazy.

I would be surprised if they all left, as you say only a few have any 1st team dealings over past year. so the rest are really no loss.

probably also dictates new signings..

1) Goalie
      2) Striker\Attacker
      3) Left back

the rest could be promotions from U23 or lads like wilson staying rather being loaned out, could wilson take Lallanas place in squad. ?

Lallana's value.was more in being an Energizer bunny in the press. His best season under Klopp he seemed to have a good understanding with Bobby and Sadio, but I don't know if he brings the physical quality to the press that Lallana did. He definitely can strike a ball with spectacular results, but look at Ox or even Shaq in that advanced midfielder role and don't know if Harry can press well enough
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39134: May 17, 2019 07:44:20 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39135: May 17, 2019 09:06:12 pm

I am surprised David Lynch isn't on the list! Should be Tier 2, and Maddock too, always found him to be reliable.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39136: May 17, 2019 09:34:30 pm

The club has a couple of favoured journo's who think that because they are thrown the occasional scrap, it makes them reliable.

The rest of the time, when the club isn't throwing them scraps, they are guessing, just like the rest.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #39137: May 17, 2019 09:49:32 pm
      The club has a couple of favoured journo's who think that because they are thrown the occasional scrap, it makes them reliable.

The rest of the time, when the club isn't throwing them scraps, they are guessing, just like the rest.

Until i see the lean i believe nothing
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39138: May 17, 2019 09:54:56 pm
      Until i see the lean i believe nothing

25 years ago, people had to rely on teletext fo transfer news.
      Now every wannabe claims to be ITK, and to be honest, I just find the whole thing boring.

Once a player is doing the lean, I take an interest.
      Until then, I don't take much notice.

If people enjoy the gossip, rumours and all the rest of it, fair play, but it's not for me and nor is the hysteria that swamps the boards when we don't sign a player that some no mark has said is "nailed on".
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #39139: May 17, 2019 10:23:17 pm
      Now every wannabe claims to be ITK, and to be honest, I just find the whole thing boring.

If people enjoy the gossip, rumours and all the rest of it, fair play, but it's not for me and nor is the hysteria that swamps the boards when we don't sign a player that some no mark has said is "nailed on".

Yeah, remember hearing transfers on radio teletext or in the old days in the newspaper
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #39140: May 17, 2019 10:31:14 pm

Haha all you posh bas**rds who had teletext , you were the in the knows of the day
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39141: May 17, 2019 11:19:29 pm
      Haha all you posh bas**rds who had teletext , you were the in the knows of the day

:lmao:

that made me proper laugh   :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39142: May 18, 2019 02:58:52 pm

You want "nailed on?" I'll give you nailed on. Watching Hertha Berlin vs. Bayer Leverkeusen, final day of the Bundesliga season. In the tunnel just before the match, Julian Brandt made a point of leaving his team's line, walking all the way back to where Marko Grujic was in the Hertha line and they warmly embraced and chatted for a few moments. I don't know German and I can't lip-read but I'm pretty sure he said "In a few months we'll be walking out with the subs at Anfield!"

Brandt to Liverpool. Nailed on.

(This will run in the next edition of The Daily Star, I reckon).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39143: May 18, 2019 03:04:18 pm
      You want "nailed on?" I'll give you nailed on. Watching Hertha Berlin vs. Bayer Leverkeusen, final day of the Bundesliga season. In the tunnel just before the match, Julian Brandt made a point of leaving his team's line, walking all the way back to where Marko Grujic was in the Hertha line and they warmly embraced and chatted for a few moments. I don't know German and I can't lip-read but I'm pretty sure he said "In a few months we'll be walking out with the subs at Anfield!"

Brandt to Liverpool. Nailed on.

(This will run in the next edition of The Daily Star, I reckon).

:lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39144: May 18, 2019 03:36:18 pm
      Looking likely T.Hazard will be missing CL, and I suspect he will want to leave. I wonder if we are interested. Would probably be cheaper than Zaha , and just like the CP player, Hazard is 26 and hitting his peak years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #39145: May 18, 2019 04:23:08 pm
      Looking likely T.Hazard will be missing CL, and I suspect he will want to leave. I wonder if we are interested. Would probably be cheaper than Zaha , and just like the CP player, Hazard is 26 and hitting his peak years.

Not good enough

Quick Reply