Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 2346872 times
      jimbo1962, Compuche, PurpleMonkey, gazred, ConzS, Scottbot and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,787 posts | 3418 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39325: May 17, 2019 02:07:45 pm
      Joyce figures we've spent around 150-200m on the contract renewals (with VVD's still yet to come) so that probably factors into our transfer budget.

Keep your own first. Then you can be selective on who you want to add.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 714 
      Reply #39326: May 17, 2019 02:36:18 pm
      Lots of the squad leaving it would seem (some kind of already gone).

almost positive they're leaving....

1. Clyne
      2. Mings
      3. Sturridge
      4. Kent
      5. Ings
      6. Karius
      7. Moreno
      8. Randall
      9. Bogdan
      10. Chirivella
      11. Ejaria
      12. Ojo

Maybes....?

13. Lallana
      14. Grujic
      15. Wilson

Thats a lot of wages gone, and probably some decent transfer fees in. All for players who hardly kicked a ball for LFC this season.

Staggering to see the length of that list. Maybe just the size of it dictates that some of them will stay, but you're right that most of these have not been in first team plans for some time, with Migs and Sturridge backups and Lallana perpetually injured. Only half were at Melwood since January.
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,946 posts | 232 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #39327: May 17, 2019 04:36:03 pm
      Staggering to see the length of that list. Maybe just the size of it dictates that some of them will stay, but you're right that most of these have not been in first team plans for some time, with Migs and Sturridge backups and Lallana perpetually injured. Only half were at Melwood since January.

Aye its crazy.

I would be surprised if they all left, as you say only a few have any 1st team dealings over past year. so the rest are really no loss.

probably also dictates new signings..

1) Goalie
      2) Striker\Attacker
      3) Left back

the rest could be promotions from U23 or lads like wilson staying rather being loaned out, could wilson take Lallanas place in squad. ?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 224 
      Reply #39328: May 17, 2019 05:11:19 pm
      What is it about Wilson's game that yall think holds him back? From the few games I have seen of Derby and the HLs he looks good.

I understand Highlights are uber misleading, but the one thing they consistently show is a lot of what we lack (power from distance).

I'm interested to get filled in by some one who has seen enough to properly assess him
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 714 
      Reply #39329: May 17, 2019 05:54:13 pm
      Aye its crazy.

I would be surprised if they all left, as you say only a few have any 1st team dealings over past year. so the rest are really no loss.

probably also dictates new signings..

1) Goalie
      2) Striker\Attacker
      3) Left back

the rest could be promotions from U23 or lads like wilson staying rather being loaned out, could wilson take Lallanas place in squad. ?

Lallana's value.was more in being an Energizer bunny in the press. His best season under Klopp he seemed to have a good understanding with Bobby and Sadio, but I don't know if he brings the physical quality to the press that Lallana did. He definitely can strike a ball with spectacular results, but look at Ox or even Shaq in that advanced midfielder role and don't know if Harry can press well enough
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,161 posts | 1787 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39330: May 17, 2019 07:44:20 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,918 posts | 1957 
      Reply #39331: May 17, 2019 09:06:12 pm

I am surprised David Lynch isn't on the list! Should be Tier 2, and Maddock too, always found him to be reliable.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39332: May 17, 2019 09:34:30 pm

The club has a couple of favoured journo's who think that because they are thrown the occasional scrap, it makes them reliable.

The rest of the time, when the club isn't throwing them scraps, they are guessing, just like the rest.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,161 posts | 1787 
      Reply #39333: May 17, 2019 09:49:32 pm
      The club has a couple of favoured journo's who think that because they are thrown the occasional scrap, it makes them reliable.

The rest of the time, when the club isn't throwing them scraps, they are guessing, just like the rest.

Until i see the lean i believe nothing
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39334: May 17, 2019 09:54:56 pm
      Until i see the lean i believe nothing

25 years ago, people had to rely on teletext fo transfer news.
      Now every wannabe claims to be ITK, and to be honest, I just find the whole thing boring.

Once a player is doing the lean, I take an interest.
      Until then, I don't take much notice.

If people enjoy the gossip, rumours and all the rest of it, fair play, but it's not for me and nor is the hysteria that swamps the boards when we don't sign a player that some no mark has said is "nailed on".
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,161 posts | 1787 
      Reply #39335: May 17, 2019 10:23:17 pm
      Now every wannabe claims to be ITK, and to be honest, I just find the whole thing boring.

If people enjoy the gossip, rumours and all the rest of it, fair play, but it's not for me and nor is the hysteria that swamps the boards when we don't sign a player that some no mark has said is "nailed on".

Yeah, remember hearing transfers on radio teletext or in the old days in the newspaper
      andylfcynwa

• 7,553 posts | 812 
      Reply #39336: May 17, 2019 10:31:14 pm

Haha all you posh bas**rds who had teletext , you were the in the knows of the day
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39337: May 17, 2019 11:19:29 pm
      Haha all you posh bas**rds who had teletext , you were the in the knows of the day

:lmao:

that made me proper laugh   :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,285 posts | 714 
      Reply #39338: May 18, 2019 02:58:52 pm

You want "nailed on?" I'll give you nailed on. Watching Hertha Berlin vs. Bayer Leverkeusen, final day of the Bundesliga season. In the tunnel just before the match, Julian Brandt made a point of leaving his team's line, walking all the way back to where Marko Grujic was in the Hertha line and they warmly embraced and chatted for a few moments. I don't know German and I can't lip-read but I'm pretty sure he said "In a few months we'll be walking out with the subs at Anfield!"

Brandt to Liverpool. Nailed on.

(This will run in the next edition of The Daily Star, I reckon).
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39339: May 18, 2019 03:04:18 pm
      You want "nailed on?" I'll give you nailed on. Watching Hertha Berlin vs. Bayer Leverkeusen, final day of the Bundesliga season. In the tunnel just before the match, Julian Brandt made a point of leaving his team's line, walking all the way back to where Marko Grujic was in the Hertha line and they warmly embraced and chatted for a few moments. I don't know German and I can't lip-read but I'm pretty sure he said "In a few months we'll be walking out with the subs at Anfield!"

Brandt to Liverpool. Nailed on.

(This will run in the next edition of The Daily Star, I reckon).

:lmao:
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,918 posts | 1957 
      Reply #39340: May 18, 2019 03:36:18 pm
      Looking likely T.Hazard will be missing CL, and I suspect he will want to leave. I wonder if we are interested. Would probably be cheaper than Zaha , and just like the CP player, Hazard is 26 and hitting his peak years.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,161 posts | 1787 
      Reply #39341: May 18, 2019 04:23:08 pm
      Looking likely T.Hazard will be missing CL, and I suspect he will want to leave. I wonder if we are interested. Would probably be cheaper than Zaha , and just like the CP player, Hazard is 26 and hitting his peak years.

Not good enough
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,531 posts | 239 
      Reply #39342: May 18, 2019 04:25:25 pm
      Lloyd Kelly off to Bournemouth days after many of the trusted journos saying we're interested in him means ppl outside the club dont know squat about whats happening. Trust Edwards and Jürgen will pull off some impressive signings in the next couple of months.

He has agreed to join BVB!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39343: May 18, 2019 04:34:40 pm

Saw the Hazard name, forgot it was the brother, then had the thought that E. Hazard is a better version of Shaqiri, which in turn lead me to wondering what's going on with him (Shaqiri).
      Now I'm wondering if he'll be sold, and if we can get someone who'll make more of an impact.
      I know he's had a couple of injury problems, but christ, against Barca the number of times he didn't even put enough on a pass was shocking for an international player who is clearly talented.
      I can only think it was nerves got the better of him.

It's going to be interesting to see who goes and who comes in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,359 posts | 3603 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39344: May 18, 2019 05:08:25 pm
      Lloyd Kelly won’t be happening. Just signed for Bournemouth, £17mill.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,649 posts | 3588 
      Reply #39345: May 18, 2019 05:15:30 pm
      Brewster could be our breakthrough player next season and striker cover. I think cover for Mane and Salah is more important. We need a versatile forward who can play on the wing or central.

Neres, Werner or Depay would be my ideal signing.

People will be surprised at how quickly Brewster will develop and become a star this kid is the best I have seen since I saw Owen in the youth team and in fact he is a lot better. Ox is back Shaq will improve young Harry Wilson is definitely worth looking at again his left foot is just incredible.
      So lets not spend money unless its a guarantee'd player and certainly not on any UTD rejects
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39346: May 18, 2019 06:01:35 pm
      People will be surprised at how quickly Brewster will develop and become a star this kid is the best I have seen since I saw Owen in the youth team and in fact he is a lot better. Ox is back Shaq will improve young Harry Wilson is definitely worth looking at again his left foot is just incredible.
      So lets not spend money unless its a guarantee'd player and certainly not on any UTD rejects

That's a hell of a recommendation Walton.
      Saw a fair bit of the lad in the (I think) u-17 world cup, and he looked way ahed of a lot of other players.

Fingers crossed you're right.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,772 posts | 228 
      Reply #39347: May 19, 2019 01:02:32 am
      Shame about Lloyd Kelly.
      Was
      Looking forward to another young English defender with a load of potential joining the club.
      Perhaps the club scouting department know more than we do?!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,472 posts | 2300 
      Reply #39348: May 19, 2019 12:20:53 pm
      Shame about Lloyd Kelly.
      Was
      Looking forward to another young English defender with a load of potential joining the club.
      Perhaps the club scouting department know more than we do?!

It was probably just paper talk.

After the season we've just had (and not finished yet) we'll be linked to tons of players we're not in for.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,649 posts | 3588 
      Reply #39349: May 19, 2019 01:25:16 pm
      That's a hell of a recommendation Walton.
      Saw a fair bit of the lad in the (I think) u-17 world cup, and he looked way ahed of a lot of other players.

Fingers crossed you're right.

Saw Owen as a kid in the youth cup and it was a case of what is all the hype about he hasn't done much and in a flash he scored two goals that was Owen a sniff of a goal and he comes alight. Watched Brewster on LFC he is a mixture of Owen ,Rush and Fowler how can he fail. ITs worth looking out for his goals he is so f***in confident and bizzarely his year out may have actually helped his development as he has had lots of time to learn.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLIi6NRowRE

Quick Reply