Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178830 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39146: May 18, 2019 04:25:25 pm
      Lloyd Kelly off to Bournemouth days after many of the trusted journos saying we're interested in him means ppl outside the club dont know squat about whats happening. Trust Edwards and Jürgen will pull off some impressive signings in the next couple of months.

Looking likely T.Hazard will be missing CL, and I suspect he will want to leave. I wonder if we are interested. Would probably be cheaper than Zaha , and just like the CP player, Hazard is 26 and hitting his peak years.

He has agreed to join BVB!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39147: May 18, 2019 04:34:40 pm

Saw the Hazard name, forgot it was the brother, then had the thought that E. Hazard is a better version of Shaqiri, which in turn lead me to wondering what's going on with him (Shaqiri).
      Now I'm wondering if he'll be sold, and if we can get someone who'll make more of an impact.
      I know he's had a couple of injury problems, but christ, against Barca the number of times he didn't even put enough on a pass was shocking for an international player who is clearly talented.
      I can only think it was nerves got the better of him.

It's going to be interesting to see who goes and who comes in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39148: May 18, 2019 05:08:25 pm
      Lloyd Kelly won’t be happening. Just signed for Bournemouth, £17mill.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39149: May 18, 2019 05:15:30 pm
      Brewster could be our breakthrough player next season and striker cover. I think cover for Mane and Salah is more important. We need a versatile forward who can play on the wing or central.

Neres, Werner or Depay would be my ideal signing.

People will be surprised at how quickly Brewster will develop and become a star this kid is the best I have seen since I saw Owen in the youth team and in fact he is a lot better. Ox is back Shaq will improve young Harry Wilson is definitely worth looking at again his left foot is just incredible.
      So lets not spend money unless its a guarantee'd player and certainly not on any UTD rejects
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39150: May 18, 2019 06:01:35 pm
      People will be surprised at how quickly Brewster will develop and become a star this kid is the best I have seen since I saw Owen in the youth team and in fact he is a lot better. Ox is back Shaq will improve young Harry Wilson is definitely worth looking at again his left foot is just incredible.
      So lets not spend money unless its a guarantee'd player and certainly not on any UTD rejects

That's a hell of a recommendation Walton.
      Saw a fair bit of the lad in the (I think) u-17 world cup, and he looked way ahed of a lot of other players.

Fingers crossed you're right.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #39151: May 19, 2019 01:02:32 am
      Shame about Lloyd Kelly.
      Was
      Looking forward to another young English defender with a load of potential joining the club.
      Perhaps the club scouting department know more than we do?!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39152: May 19, 2019 12:20:53 pm
      Shame about Lloyd Kelly.
      Was
      Looking forward to another young English defender with a load of potential joining the club.
      Perhaps the club scouting department know more than we do?!

It was probably just paper talk.

After the season we've just had (and not finished yet) we'll be linked to tons of players we're not in for.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39153: May 19, 2019 01:25:16 pm
      That's a hell of a recommendation Walton.
      Saw a fair bit of the lad in the (I think) u-17 world cup, and he looked way ahed of a lot of other players.

Fingers crossed you're right.

Saw Owen as a kid in the youth cup and it was a case of what is all the hype about he hasn't done much and in a flash he scored two goals that was Owen a sniff of a goal and he comes alight. Watched Brewster on LFC he is a mixture of Owen ,Rush and Fowler how can he fail. ITs worth looking out for his goals he is so f***in confident and bizzarely his year out may have actually helped his development as he has had lots of time to learn.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLIi6NRowRE
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39154: May 19, 2019 03:16:29 pm
      Saw Owen as a kid in the youth cup and it was a case of what is all the hype about he hasn't done much and in a flash he scored two goals that was Owen a sniff of a goal and he comes alight. Watched Brewster on LFC he is a mixture of Owen ,Rush and Fowler how can he fail. ITs worth looking out for his goals he is so f***in confident and bizzarely his year out may have actually helped his development as he has had lots of time to learn.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLIi6NRowRE

There’s some players that come through the youth ranks and it almost seems as if you just know they have what it takes to make it. The likes of Owen, Gerrard etc all coming through around the same kind of time. Since then there were a few that maybe got us thinking but until Trent there wasn’t that feeling that they could go on to become a top player and really make their mark. There was a lot of hype around Woodburn, hype that I never really saw, there was a lot of talk about his potential but I’ve never really rated him, think it was just a flash in the pan and he’s shown that since. With Brewster though, I do get that feeling he could become a special player and I’m looking forward to seeing how he does.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #39155: May 19, 2019 04:21:23 pm
      Gareth Bale would cost quite much but if he's really leaving Real Madrid, I'm sure he would be glad to join one of the best 3 clubs in the world and he's a sure bet. Man City and Liverpool are surely the best clubs of the world right now.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39156: May 19, 2019 04:36:23 pm
      Gareth Bale would cost quite much but if he's really leaving Real Madrid, I'm sure he would be glad to join one of the best 3 clubs in the world and he's a sure bet. Man City and Liverpool are surely the best clubs of the world right now.

I think very few clubs, in fact I can only think of one - United, who would be prepared to pay the amount of money Madrid would want for a soon to be 30 year old. Signing a highly injury prone 30 year for £80-100mill+ and then chucking £300k+ a week wages at him is madness. Could easily go the same way as Sanchez but with a massive fee involved. I hope we steer well clear of Bale because if anything is certain about him, it's that he isn't a sure bet.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39157: May 19, 2019 04:46:58 pm
      There’s some players that come through the youth ranks and it almost seems as if you just know they have what it takes to make it. The likes of Owen, Gerrard etc all coming through around the same kind of time. Since then there were a few that maybe got us thinking but until Trent there wasn’t that feeling that they could go on to become a top player and really make their mark. There was a lot of hype around Woodburn, hype that I never really saw, there was a lot of talk about his potential but I’ve never really rated him, think it was just a flash in the pan and he’s shown that since. With Brewster though, I do get that feeling he could become a special player and I’m looking forward to seeing how he does.

I agree from that video he seems to have the lot, speed, agression, strength and fabulous technique. I know it's against weaker opposition but he has a hell of a lot of potential.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39158: May 19, 2019 05:18:56 pm

Wouldn't touch Bale with a barge pole.

We're trying to offload overly paid crocks not sign more.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39159: May 19, 2019 05:22:32 pm
      So rumour we're in talks to sign de Ligt.

We'll have the best defence in world football for years if that transpires.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39160: May 19, 2019 05:24:19 pm
      Balagué says we have been talking to De Ligt. Interesting!!  :f_whistle: :holyshit:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39161: May 19, 2019 05:46:03 pm
      I would rather we sign Wan Bissaka instead of De Ligt. Matip and VVD are in their peak years, and then you have decent 4th choice Lovren, but best of all, we will probably see Gomez (a player with potential to be as good, if not better than De Ligt) stick to playing CB and challenge Matip.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39162: May 19, 2019 05:54:10 pm
      I would rather we sign Wan Bissaka instead of De Ligt. Matip and VVD are in their peak years, and then you have decent 4th choice Lovren, but best of all, we will probably see Gomez (a player with potential to be as good, if not better than De Ligt) stick to playing CB and challenge Matip.

Thing that concerns me is the injury proneness that Matip, Lovren and Gomez have. Lovren is 30(?) now isn't he? He's never even played 10 consecutive games for us, I'd be quite happy to see him leave in the summer and De Ligt come in. I can't think of a team that would have a defence as good as Virgil, Gomez, De Ligt and Matip. Eventually Virgil will get on age wise and imagine already having a tailor made pairing that's been playing together for years when that happens. We'd have a CB as strong as our attack...except more depth to it and I don't think it's any secret that we are probably in a bit of trouble if we were to lose Virgil to injury, he is what knits the defence together and everyone plays off of his composure, confidence and leadership, which is very much like what De Ligt is becoming.
      Wouldn't be against Wan Bissaka though, be a boss back up option for Trent but I don't think he offers enough going forward for us to be going after him.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39163: May 19, 2019 06:43:24 pm
      People forget the fact Virgil needs a break as well. We were highly fortunate that he pretty much played every minute since he has joined. Bringing in someone like De Ligt gives Jürgen the option to do that as well as rest TAA for the occasional games playing Joe as RB. I'm all in for this. As for AWB, I think his "stats" cloud the fact that he lacks positional awareness at times plus his output in the attacking front is very little.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #39164: May 19, 2019 06:59:04 pm
      Balagué says we have been talking to De Ligt. Interesting!!  :f_whistle: :holyshit:

That pretty much means it’s bull crap then.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39165: May 20, 2019 07:27:23 am
      Not saying no to any quality player that Klopp thinks will help us. Especially a 19 year-old Ajax captain and full Dutch international alongside Virgil.

However:

That pretty much means it’s bull crap then.

Yep :D
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #39166: May 20, 2019 08:30:09 am
      I think very few clubs, in fact I can only think of one - United, who would be prepared to pay the amount of money Madrid would want for a soon to be 30 year old. Signing a highly injury prone 30 year for £80-100mill+ and then chucking £300k+ a week wages at him is madness. Could easily go the same way as Sanchez but with a massive fee involved. I hope we steer well clear of Bale because if anything is certain about him, it's that he isn't a sure bet.

By the same token though - Klopp loves a redemption story, and "captains" .. imagine the fume if we get Real in the group stages of CL with Bale coming off the bench to rinse Ramos and bang one in the top bin to seal a 5-0 win :)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39167: May 20, 2019 09:14:57 am

Why on earth would we want him.

He’d demand 300k a week and he wouldn’t even start
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39168: May 20, 2019 09:43:28 am
      Id take bale, but wouldnt want the club to spunk silly money at him.

A loan deal or something would be good.

I predict he will stay put, sit on the bench, play golf and get paid a fortune, and wait for zidane to get sacked again. ;D.

Quick Reply