Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179339 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39169: May 20, 2019 09:48:13 am
      By the same token though - Klopp loves a redemption story, and "captains" .. imagine the fume if we get Real in the group stages of CL with Bale coming off the bench to rinse Ramos and bang one in the top bin to seal a 5-0 win :)

"Klopp loves a redemption story", sorry but what is that based on??? In ay case £80m for a player injured 80% of the time is one hell of a price to pay in the hope that he might be fit for one particular game.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39170: May 20, 2019 09:50:45 am
      Id take bale, but wouldnt want the club to spunk silly money at him.

A loan deal or something would be good.

I predict he will stay put, sit on the bench, play golf and get paid a fortune, and wait for zidane to get sacked again. ;D.

Either some club, Man Utd, will pay silly money for him or he'll stay put and keep looking at his bank balance swelling every day and working on his game, golf that is ;-). I honestly can't blame him and find the whole thing quite funny, I think he's been treated quite badly by that shithouse of a club so why shouldn't he take them for every penny they are worth.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39171: May 20, 2019 10:20:50 am
      Mbappe said at the Ligue 1 awards night that he is happy to leave PSG if need be. Fabinho did joke he’d try and get Mbappe to join us and that would be one hell of a signing but something tells me it’s not going to happen :D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39172: May 20, 2019 10:52:00 am
      Mbappe said at the Ligue 1 awards night that he is happy to leave PSG if need be. Fabinho did joke he’d try and get Mbappe to join us and that would be one hell of a signing but something tells me it’s not going to happen :D

He'll go to Real mate.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39173: May 20, 2019 10:53:36 am
      By the same token though - Klopp loves a redemption story, and "captains" .. imagine the fume if we get Real in the group stages of CL with Bale coming off the bench to rinse Ramos and bang one in the top bin to seal a 5-0 win :)

f***in hell this isn't fantasy football.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39174: May 20, 2019 11:13:44 am
      Either some club, Man Utd, will pay silly money for him or he'll stay put and keep looking at his bank balance swelling every day and working on his game, golf that is ;-). I honestly can't blame him and find the whole thing quite funny, I think he's been treated quite badly by that shithouse of a club so why shouldn't he take them for every penny they are worth.

Really don't think he has been badly treated at all
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39175: May 20, 2019 11:13:47 am

According to reports Real Madrid do not have a lot of money available to them so I don't where the hell all these rumours are coming from of them buying players left right and centre.
      If we wanted MBappe then I'm sure we'd be quite attractive for him but it would be one hell of a price tag, would be an awesome signing though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39176: May 20, 2019 11:17:40 am
      Really don't think he has been badly treated at all

Not in terms of salary but by Zidane acting a tw*t towards him and his "fans" booing him, its not really very nice is it?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39177: May 20, 2019 11:35:28 am
      Reports De Ligt has agreed to join Barca.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39178: May 20, 2019 11:37:34 am

Indeed.

Id like to be treated that badly if I got paid that much. ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39179: May 20, 2019 11:41:27 am

Imagine if we got Mbappe, our front three would be Salah, Mane and Firmino.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #39180: May 20, 2019 12:55:17 pm

Firminho would probably become the versatile attacker that Pearce is talking about.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39181: May 20, 2019 01:31:13 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39182: May 20, 2019 01:50:23 pm

I also wonder if there is any need to buy a right back with how quick this kid is progressing:

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39183: May 20, 2019 02:10:02 pm
      I also wonder if there is any need to buy a right back with how quick this kid is progressing:

The jerseys back-to-front after winning a trophy has become a thing eh?
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39184: May 20, 2019 02:56:00 pm
      Id take bale, but wouldnt want the club to spunk silly money at him.

A loan deal or something would be good.

I predict he will stay put, sit on the bench, play golf and get paid a fortune, and wait for zidane to get sacked again. ;D.

I'd take him too, but only if Real wanted to get rid of him on the cheap and he was willing to take a massive paycut (unlikely, i know).

From a fit perspective, i think he would be great. Would allow the front 3 to stay as starters and would be a fantastic option off the bench or the casual start when rest is needed up front. Because he wouldn't be a regular it would hopefully keep him healthy longer, unless, of course, he is like Lallana and gets hurt getting out of bed.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39185: May 20, 2019 02:59:03 pm

I think we are set at RB with Arnold and Gomez as his backup, but with Hoever's progression and potential maybe it does not make sense to go for another young CB like de Ligt. Hoever being only 17, maybe it makes sense to keep Lovren as the 4th CB option and in 1-2 years he can move on and Hoever moves in as part of the regular squad.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39186: May 20, 2019 03:39:13 pm
      Would steer well clear of Bale, a seriously expensive sick note. Brilliant on his day, just doesn't have enough of those days, and he ain't getting any younger.

Still think a quality creative midfielder would be higher on the list than a pure winger, or a CB.
      Think I saw Carra saying he'd consider signing Coutinho if the price was right. Would agree he's the type of player would like to add to squad, but not sure I'd bring *him* back - and can't imagine Barca would let him go at a price that we'd agree to - although depends how desperate they are to offload him to bring in some funds, like the situation with Bale at RM.

Sounds like we won't renew our interest in Fekir. But who knows.

Zaha *might* be an option, think he's been in great form, and Jürgen can improve players. He's quick and strong and gets goals. Though CP would probably be looking for north of 50mill for him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39187: May 20, 2019 03:43:42 pm
      At the end of the day, I don't really see us spending a whole lot. I bet we look for "bargains"...players on a free, or young talent that Klopp can develop.

We have ready made stars now (Trent, Robbo, Gomez, even Mane and Firmino for their prices), and at least a few of them we didn't really have to pay top dollar for. I'd say that's more in line with Klopp's thinking.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39188: May 20, 2019 04:10:39 pm

:lmao:

Who are you kidding?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39189: May 20, 2019 04:13:34 pm
      At the end of the day, I don't really see us spending a whole lot. I bet we look for "bargains"...players on a free, or young talent that Klopp can develop.

We have ready made stars now (Trent, Robbo, Gomez, even Mane and Firmino for their prices), and at least a few of them we didn't really have to pay top dollar for. I'd say that's more in line with Klopp's thinking.

I think Klopp will take the usual approach, a deal by deal basis. I remember when we signed Alisson, there was so much talk about how we won’t be spending that amount of money on a keeper, but then once he had signed Klopp said that once it was clear the player had been made available, the situation changed and the club acted. I think it will be the same this summer, not necessarily looking to spend a big amount of money but if the right player becomes obtainable then the club will do what they can to get the player regardless of the fee involved.

Klopp is no fool, he knows that to stay at the top you have to continue to improve the team and seeing as we are not even at the top just yet, he won’t just sit on his hands and look to add purely depth to the team. I’d be shocked if there isn’t at least 1 high calibre player coming into the club this summer with the intention of them being a starter more often than not. Last summer we got in 3 players of that description and then added Shaqiri as depth and to change things. I’d imagine a similar scenario this summer but maybe 1-2 potential key players and then 2-3 players to add depth in the way Shaqiri has.

There is a lot of top players out there who are going into the final year of their contract, even a couple of top players who are out of contract so it could be quite easy to significantly improve the team without breaking the bank. We could easily spend considerably less than £100mill this summer but see a few quality players arrive. I think it’s been a good few years since the transfer market actually went in favour of the buying club to this extent.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39190: May 20, 2019 04:15:30 pm

Oh you are right, how did I forget Sturridge.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39191: May 20, 2019 04:17:08 pm
      Albeit a not-so-cool source, interesting this -

"The club are keen to part with such sums only when they know they are bringing in a guaranteed starter, as was the case with Virgil van Dijk and Alisson Becker. It is those principles that saw Liverpool pull out of a potential deal to bring in Lloyd Kelly from Bristol City. However, once it became clear that Bournemouth were willing to pay £13m in order to get the deal done, Liverpool shelved their interest. As such, the Reds remain on the lookout for a player of a similar profile, with the departure of Alberto Moreno set to create a vacancy at full-back."

https://twitter.com/LynchStandard/status/1130490952026660864

Quick Reply