Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179694 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39192: May 20, 2019 04:48:40 pm
      Why on earth would we want him.

He’d demand 300k a week and he wouldn’t even start

£300k a week is just for his meds he is a crock as soon as he hits any form he gets injured.I hope he stays and takes RM for every penny he can
      Kopite78
      Reply #39193: May 20, 2019 05:11:22 pm
      At the end of the day, I don't really see us spending a whole lot. I bet we look for "bargains"...players on a free, or young talent that Klopp can develop.

What a perfect way to capitalise on a near miss
      Don't strengthen
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39194: May 20, 2019 05:45:10 pm
      What a perfect way to capitalise on a near miss
      Don't strengthen

Who said we won't strengthen?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39195: May 20, 2019 06:06:47 pm
      Christ, the transfer window madness is starting again. Chill out guys
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39196: May 20, 2019 06:18:59 pm
      Oh you are right, how did I forget Sturridge.

;D
      Trying to deflect this towards Sturridge huh? Nothing about him. It is your claim that Mbappe would not get into our front 3 that is the shocker here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39197: May 20, 2019 06:25:27 pm
      ;D
      Trying to deflect this towards Sturridge huh? Nothing about him. It is your claim that Mbappe would not get into our front 3 that is the shocker here.

Ever hear of the term "tongue in cheek"?

Maybe don't take yourself so seriously.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39198: May 20, 2019 07:34:47 pm
      Ever hear of the term "tongue in cheek"?

Maybe don't take yourself so seriously.

Fair enough.

It's hard to tell that you were not serious about Mbappe. Some fans would say that and be serious.
      Kopite78
      Reply #39199: May 20, 2019 08:49:50 pm

Bargains, frees and kids

Personally I'd prefer we sign a couple of belters that will freshen it up and push us on

Stand still and you go backwards
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #39200: May 20, 2019 10:00:00 pm
      Go back in for Fekir he looks F***ing phenomenal.
      Fabulous player who has played loads this season excellent stats doesn’t look to have a dodgy knee to me.
      Ask City 😜
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39201: May 20, 2019 11:47:51 pm
      Imagine if we got Mbappe, our front three would be Salah, Mane and Firmino.

Mate, got a feeling that if we wanted him PSG would sell him to us but they would want Bobby and lots of money in exchange. Would love Mbappe but that's never going to happen and no F***ing way would I want to lose Bobby to anyone let alone those French cu*ts!
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39202: May 21, 2019 12:15:51 am
      Difficult to improve on near perfection...but...LFC's assist stats tell a tale:

Assists from the back line....25 (TAA 12, AR 11, VvD 2)
      Assists from mids...............10 (JM 4, JH 3, Fab 2, NK 1)

Truly remarkable how LFC's L & R Backs are asked to push forward and deliver important crosses and still defend on the back line with Best in the PL efficiency.

This dependence on the back line to generate offense is far from ideal.
      When compared to MNC, the contrast in each team's ability to retain possession is striking. LFC leans on their back line and I'd love to see a time of possession stat for this group if such a stat exists.
      MNC relies on their mids to retain possession.
      MNC's ability to retain possession much closer to the goal presents their strikers with substantially more goal scoring opportunities. The strength of their mids allows this.

LFC has work to do.

MNC +1500 passes
      MNC +76 shots
      MNC +34 shots on target

I have hope Ox plus a more settled Fab and Keita will provide more of a threat up the middle next year which in turn frees up the front 3 for uneven fast breaks. LFC's mids need to be better delivering the ball
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39203: May 21, 2019 12:32:39 am
      MNC's ability to retain possession much closer to the goal presents their strikers with substantially more goal scoring opportunities. The strength of their mids allows this.

substantially more goal scoring opportunities? Wow, okay, the fact they only scored 6 more goals than us I think tells a different story and actually makes their attack look worse than it is.

LFC has work to do.

MNC +1500 passes
      MNC +76 shots
      MNC +34 shots on target

I have hope Ox plus a more settled Fab and Keita will provide more of a threat up the middle next year which in turn frees up the front 3 for uneven fast breaks. LFC's mids need to be better delivering the ball

If their midfield created that many more chances but they only gained 6 more goals than us, and conceded more then I'd say they have more reason to be worried than us and if you think our midfield needs to step it up then I would love to know what you make of the City attack for not gaining more than 6 goals on us from an extra 76 shots and 1500 passes.

When compared to MNC, the contrast in each team's ability to retain possession is striking. LFC leans on their back line and I'd love to see a time of possession stat for this group if such a stat exists.

Well we conceded less goals than them so I wouldn't say our dependency on our defence is an issue at all. The fact that our 2 fullbacks likely gained more assists than the entire City midfield combined...(no I'm not including Sterling and Sane in this because like Salah and Mane, they play in a front 3), whilst keeping more clean sheets and conceding less goals than their defence who do less attacking than ours I think speaks volumes about just how good we actually are.

If anything your post is just signifying how much dependency there is at City from Aguero, Sterling and Sane. City have a better midfield than us in terms of going forward and keeping the ball, but not defensively. Which is something you fail to mention. We have the best defence in the league in terms of defensively and attacking and we have the highest producing attack in the league too. Who gives a sh*t about possession? Controlling possession still led to them losing 4 games this season, the only reason they won the league is because they beat us, which was through a massive amount of luck.

I don't know what your problem is but you always seems to be trying to pick holes and look for negatives that aren't there. You were doing it with Salah recently, the man who had 36 G/A and scored 9 winning goals.

If you love City so much, then go and fill their forums with your rubbish.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2019 12:39:13 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #39204: May 21, 2019 10:08:58 am

Truly remarkable how LFC's L & R Backs are asked to push forward and deliver important crosses and still defend on the back line with Best in the PL efficiency.

LFC has work to do.

MNC +1500 passes
      MNC +76 shots
      MNC +34 shots on target

Over a 38 game season those stats look quite silly really.

The 1,500 passes works out to roughly 40 more per match.

The 76 shots equals 2 more than us per game.

The 34 shots on target is less than 1 more than us per game.

But that's taking into account that they are equally spread out over the 38 games.

I bet there are a few freak matches where city had 8/900 passes and about 30 shots on goal.

In fact against Huddersfield earlier in the season they had 32 shots at goal with 14 on target.

Then against Cardiff they had 21 shots with 10 on target and 799 passes.

Then against Brighton they had 28 shots, 8 on target and 850 passes. They won that game 2-0 haha

Against West Ham they had 20 shots, 7 on target and 780 passes and again despite their dominance they won 1-0 courtesy of an aguero pen.

A couple more results like that probably makes it a lot closer over the course of the season.

Edit: also they scored a few more goals than us in the league but it's not like they were scoring 2 every game they had a lot of 1 - 0 wins and a few stat padding 5 and 6 goal maulings of relegation fodder.

In fact their form over the last few games was pretty bad when you look at it needing cm over the line goals and a once in a lifetime strike from someone who hadn't scored all season.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2019 10:36:23 am by LFCSTEVE1984 »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39205: May 21, 2019 11:18:36 am

When compared to MNC, the contrast in each team's ability to retain possession is striking.

This happens because the coaches of both teams use different styles of play.
      I don't know why people keep ignoring this.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2019 02:15:42 pm by racerx34 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #39206: May 21, 2019 12:50:19 pm
      This happens because the coaches of both teams use differents styles of play.
      I don't know why people keep ignoring this.

Utterly crazy isn't it

I said last week.... Stats everywhere but zero football understanding 🤦‍♂️
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39207: May 21, 2019 12:55:07 pm
      substantially more goal scoring opportunities? Wow, okay, the fact they only scored 6 more goals than us I think tells a different story and actually makes their attack look worse than it is.

If their midfield created that many more chances but they only gained 6 more goals than us, and conceded more then I'd say they have more reason to be worried than us and if you think our midfield needs to step it up then I would love to know what you make of the City attack for not gaining more than 6 goals on us from an extra 76 shots and 1500 passes.

Well we conceded less goals than them so I wouldn't say our dependency on our defence is an issue at all. The fact that our 2 fullbacks likely gained more assists than the entire City midfield combined...(no I'm not including Sterling and Sane in this because like Salah and Mane, they play in a front 3), whilst keeping more clean sheets and conceding less goals than their defence who do less attacking than ours I think speaks volumes about just how good we actually are.

If anything your post is just signifying how much dependency there is at City from Aguero, Sterling and Sane. City have a better midfield than us in terms of going forward and keeping the ball, but not defensively. Which is something you fail to mention. We have the best defence in the league in terms of defensively and attacking and we have the highest producing attack in the league too. Who gives a sh*t about possession? Controlling possession still led to them losing 4 games this season, the only reason they won the league is because they beat us, which was through a massive amount of luck.

I don't know what your problem is but you always seems to be trying to pick holes and look for negatives that aren't there. You were doing it with Salah recently, the man who had 36 G/A and scored 9 winning goals.

If you love City so much, then go and fill their forums with your rubbish.

What a silly post, especially the last sentence.
      City play in a very different way to us, they play a constant continual press which is a wonderful tactic when teams just sit deep, not so good when any team dares to attack them. We tend to be more a quick attack team and with very good counter pressing to win the ball back. Stats can be very misleading in this regard but I would say that City typically dominate games more than we do, but that is also down to being a higher possession team.
      Overall both teams are fantastic, as shown in a thrilling league campaign, the slight advantage they have over us is strength in depth but if we can add some more attacking threat then I feel we are the better more rounded team.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39208: May 21, 2019 05:25:02 pm
      What a silly post, especially the last sentence.

I assume you mean the post by Borg?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #39209: May 22, 2019 04:03:52 am
      Over a 38 game season those stats look quite silly really.

The 1,500 passes works out to roughly 40 more per match.

The 76 shots equals 2 more than us per game.

The 34 shots on target is less than 1 more than us per game.

But that's taking into account that they are equally spread out over the 38 games.

I bet there are a few freak matches where city had 8/900 passes and about 30 shots on goal.

In fact against Huddersfield earlier in the season they had 32 shots at goal with 14 on target.

Then against Cardiff they had 21 shots with 10 on target and 799 passes.

Then against Brighton they had 28 shots, 8 on target and 850 passes. They won that game 2-0 haha

Against West Ham they had 20 shots, 7 on target and 780 passes and again despite their dominance they won 1-0 courtesy of an aguero pen.

A couple more results like that probably makes it a lot closer over the course of the season.

Edit: also they scored a few more goals than us in the league but it's not like they were scoring 2 every game they had a lot of 1 - 0 wins and a few stat padding 5 and 6 goal maulings of relegation fodder.

In fact their form over the last few games was pretty bad when you look at it needing cm over the line goals and a once in a lifetime strike from someone who hadn't scored all season.

I would be way too lazy to look up all of this. Hell, I was almost to lazy just to read it. Glad I did though, nice break down mate. Thanks
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39210: May 22, 2019 06:25:36 am
      In my opinion we don't need any starters ... we're stacked in midfield too ... i'd rather sign some players with potential that would be happy to be backups in this season and could develop into first-team players. Don't need to throw money where we don't need.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39211: May 22, 2019 07:55:54 am

LFC has work to do.

MNC +1500 passes
      MNC +76 shots
      MNC +34 shots on target

It’s almost like myself and others have been saying for years that the midfield 6 in our system is in charge of martialling where the ball is until our fullbacks are in position to attack and then the 6 and one
      of the other 2 help hold while the full backs bomb on.

It’s not a problem at all, with a midfield 3 and 2 inside forwards like Mane and Salah width must come from the fullbacks.

Nobody is saying Christian Erikson or David Silva don’t get enough assists. Trent and Robbo have more than both of them.

No issue from me
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39212: May 22, 2019 08:20:33 am
      Fair enough.

It's hard to tell that you were not serious about Mbappe. Some fans would say that and be serious.

Out of interest Dan - who would you see missing out of that 3?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39213: May 22, 2019 11:15:39 am

Thorgan Hazard has joined Dortmund plus with Brandt due to join later this week I wonder if Sancho will be made available.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #39214: May 22, 2019 11:47:40 am
      Thorgan Hazard has joined Dortmund plus with Brandt due to join later this week I wonder if Sancho will be made available.

Or they could be just replacing Pulisic, who is now at Chelsea.

Quick Reply