Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178745 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39238: May 23, 2019 05:34:20 pm
      Yepp I agree, wouldn't touch Depay with a bargepole, horrible attitude and was sh*t whilst at Manure so no reason he'd suddenly be amazing in the Prem now, perhaps French football is more his speed.

Who isn’t sh*t at United these days? Questions need asking if they actually have a player doing well.
      Also, let’s not forget that Salah was sh*t at Chelsea. Different managers, different tactics and styles of play can all contribute to a player not doing well at a club if the team doesn’t match the players qualities. Be foolish to write off a player given how he performed at a previous team.

Not saying either way if I would like us to sign him, just that if anything has been learnt by the signings of Salah and Ox, it’s to not judge them on their previous team(s). Likewise the opposite too, just because Coutinho was class for us doesn’t mean he was going to be class for Barca. Probably a reason why we have such a thorough and in-depth recruitment team who analyse every little bit of detail about a player.

Comparing Depay in an LVG team would be very different to a Depay in a Klopp team.
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2019 05:38:26 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39239: May 23, 2019 05:49:39 pm
      Who isn’t sh*t at United these days? Questions need asking if they actually have a player doing well.
      Also, let’s not forget that Salah was sh*t at Chelsea. Different managers, different tactics and styles of play can all contribute to a player not doing well at a club if the team doesn’t match the players qualities. Be foolish to write off a player given how he performed at a previous team.

Not saying either way if I would like us to sign him, just that if anything has been learnt by the signings of Salah and Ox, it’s to not judge them on their previous team(s). Likewise the opposite too, just because Coutinho was class for us doesn’t mean he was going to be class for Barca. Probably a reason why we have such a thorough and in-depth recruitment team who analyse every little bit of detail about a player.

Comparing Depay in an LVG team would be very different to a Depay in a Klopp team.

Actually this is untrue, Salah was not sh*t at Chelsea but he had not fully developed and struggled for game time in a quality Chelsea team, to call him sh*t is doing him a grave disservice.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39240: May 23, 2019 06:08:13 pm
      Actually this is untrue, Salah was not sh*t at Chelsea but he had not fully developed and struggled for game time in a quality Chelsea team, to call him sh*t is doing him a grave disservice.

No it’s not, he was sh*t, simple as that. I remember him stinking the place out against Fleetwood I think it was.
      Just because he’s been so great for us doesn’t mean you have to make excuses about development when he struggled in England before. Especially when it then shows you up to be a hypocrite because you are writing off Depay for having been sh*t in the Premier League before and saying you don’t think it would be any different now, but he was probably the same age as what Salah was at Chelsea, maybe even a little bit younger, so you can’t apply the one excuse for one player but not the other. Don’t be a hypocrite to suit your own narrative.
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2019 06:14:37 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #39241: May 23, 2019 06:50:09 pm
      Ex-manc and I've heard the atittude problem thing even back when we were looking at him the first time.

Pass for me.

Me too he’s a flash b***ard with a bad attitude
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #39242: May 23, 2019 07:45:46 pm
      I personally have always rated Depay. He would be in a team led by some of his best mates (Virg and goal machine Gini) and think that will help him stay grounded. At this point in time we have so many strong personalities in the locker room that I feel this is the perfect time to a flyer on a dude like him. He is so talented and exactly the type of player we need to push the front 3 for playing time. Mane, Salah, and Firmino need a rest every few games. They have played so much over the past two seasons, we can't bank on seasons like the last 2 where they were virtually healthy and available each week. Depay could come in for one of the 3 and I feel you really dont lose on talent (the way we do with Origi or Studge)

Shaquri has been tamed and domesticated by Klopp, Depay will be no trouble

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39243: May 23, 2019 10:05:39 pm
      Ex-manc and I've heard the atittude problem thing even back when we were looking at him the first time.

Pass for me.

I think Klopp will set him straight if he comes in
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39244: May 24, 2019 12:07:41 am
      If Depay signs, he'd have gone through Jürgen's checklist. Which is good enough for me.

As a footballer, he fits the bill. Versatile goal-scorer with pace, good ability on and off the ball and can hit a free kick.

The rest is up to Jürgen if he's happy to bring him in.

I've got a sneaky feeling we're signing Ziyech, though.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #39245: May 24, 2019 08:34:51 am
      Read yesterday, Kent not going back to rangers, were looking to cash in now, rangers cant afford the 10mill approx.

Then we will loan Ojo to the Rangers.

Id get another 1 or 2 loaned to rangers out of the u23s, could work well for both clubs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39246: May 24, 2019 12:47:29 pm
      No it’s not, he was sh*t, simple as that. I remember him stinking the place out against Fleetwood I think it was.
      Just because he’s been so great for us doesn’t mean you have to make excuses about development when he struggled in England before. Especially when it then shows you up to be a hypocrite because you are writing off Depay for having been sh*t in the Premier League before and saying you don’t think it would be any different now, but he was probably the same age as what Salah was at Chelsea, maybe even a little bit younger, so you can’t apply the one excuse for one player but not the other. Don’t be a hypocrite to suit your own narrative.

I'd only be an hypocrite if I had said Salah WAS sh*t, Good grief its like debating with a toddler. I still maintain that he did ok at Chelsea but never quite broke through, you disagree, that's alright, its the nature of a forum. Depay though was sh*t at Utd and had a lousy attitude, something Salah was never accused of at Chelsea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39247: May 24, 2019 01:10:55 pm
      I'd only be an hypocrite if I had said Salah WAS sh*t, Good grief its like debating with a toddler. I still maintain that he did ok at Chelsea but never quite broke through, you disagree, that's alright, its the nature of a forum. Depay though was sh*t at Utd and had a lousy attitude, something Salah was never accused of at Chelsea.

Clear sign that you are clutching at straws having to start saying things like debating with a toddler...why? Because someone’s disagreed with you and that’s your immediate response.
      You’re just a hypocrite. Write one player off because of how he was in the league when he was young but then use the development and age excuse for how the other fared because it suits your narrative.

You are making assumptions he will be no better in the Premier League now despite hitting good numbers since leaving the league, as did Salah.

Shaqiri had an apparent attitude problem, yet there has been no signs of it with us, in fact he looks bursting full of pride even when he’s waiting to get on the pitch alongside Klopp, a player that would expect to be first choice at most teams and can go weeks without a game. You underestimate the clubs ability to transform a player.

I remember lots of people writing Salah off at first because of how he fared at Chelsea, because he wasn’t a household name. He soon proved everyone wrong.
      « Last Edit: May 24, 2019 01:19:27 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #39248: May 24, 2019 01:29:25 pm
      I dont want Depay as he will cause a fuss everytime he wont be in the starting lineup and i cant see him taking the place of either of our front three. Also he doesnt have the same work ethic as our players have, no for me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39249: May 24, 2019 01:52:39 pm
      Clear sign that you are clutching at straws having to start saying things like debating with a toddler...why? Because someone’s disagreed with you and that’s your immediate response.
      You’re just a hypocrite. Write one player off because of how he was in the league when he was young but then use the development and age excuse for how the other fared because it suits your narrative.

You are making assumptions he will be no better in the Premier League now despite hitting good numbers since leaving the league, as did Salah.

Shaqiri had an apparent attitude problem, yet there has been no signs of it with us, in fact he looks bursting full of pride even when he’s waiting to get on the pitch alongside Klopp, a player that would expect to be first choice at most teams and can go weeks without a game. You underestimate the clubs ability to transform a player.

I remember lots of people writing Salah off at first because of how he fared at Chelsea, because he wasn’t a household name. He soon proved everyone wrong.

Depay was called out by his coach in front of his team mates, i also believe united are entitled to a percentage of any sell on. Apart from his attitude really don't rate him that highly
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39250: May 24, 2019 02:41:02 pm
      Depay was called out by his coach in front of his team mates, i also believe united are entitled to a percentage of any sell on. Apart from his attitude really don't rate him that highly

I haven’t given an opinion either way because I’m very much on the fence. He has the attributes to fit in well and given what Klopp can do with players, it does make me wonder if it could turn out to be another good piece of business. But on the flip side, there also seems to be a lot of negatives about him so would he be worth the risk.
      Also French football always seems to have someone being called out by their manager, seems like a very tedious place for football where everything needs to be made public.

Salah I wasn’t sure about, Ox I didn’t want, Alisson seemed underwhelming when we were first linked because what I’d seen of him, Robbo seemed a waste of time where he wasn’t playing at first, Shaqiri had a load of apparent problems and was a gamble. Each time Klopp is proving us all wrong so this year I’m really trying to not view it either way when we are linked with a player because we won’t sign someone unless we think it’s the right thing to do, there won’t be Balotelli panic buying or anything like that.

Haven’t really seen much of Depay but I’ve seen he’s hit good numbers at Lyon.

Don’t fancy lining the Mancs pockets a little bit though!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39251: May 24, 2019 03:10:27 pm

Perhaps look up the definition of the word hypocrite before you use it next time because it does not apply in this case. I would only be a hypocrite if I agreed with you that Salah was sh*t at Chelsea, but I don't, I think he was a good player even then who just couldn't quite break into a very good team.

You can't really compare the French league with the Italian, the French league is sh*t in comparison. You could say the same about Ajax but those Ajax players performed at a very high level in the CL campaign, much more so than Lyon did.

Shaquiri was a gamble signing, but at £13m well worth a punt and it looks like he was perhaps just pissed off playing for managers like Pulis and Hughes and when he finally got a good manager he stepped up.

I never wrote Salah off, I didn't expect him to be the instant success he was, but I looked at the videos before we signed him and saw a fantastic talent, which he has proven to be.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39252: May 26, 2019 08:40:22 am
      Saw a tweet...yes one of them crazy reliable things :D, that Depay and Fekir could go this summer for a combined £55mill. Whether people would like Depay or not and whether he would prove to be a success this time around doesn’t really matter when you look at it purely on the last 2 seasons. The numbers he has hit, and Fekir for that price shows how much easier it could be for teams to potentially improve this summer without breaking the bank, especially when we were close to paying that much for Fekir alone last year.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #39253: May 26, 2019 10:43:13 am
      Saw a tweet...yes one of them crazy reliable things :D, that Depay and Fekir could go this summer for a combined £55mill. Whether people would like Depay or not and whether he would prove to be a success this time around doesn’t really matter when you look at it purely on the last 2 seasons. The numbers he has hit, and Fekir for that price shows how much easier it could be for teams to potentially improve this summer without breaking the bank, especially when we were close to paying that much for Fekir alone last year.

Depay definitely  coming just boarded a plane wearing a red suit  :lmao: :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39254: May 26, 2019 10:47:49 am
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #39255: May 26, 2019 10:55:40 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39256: May 26, 2019 12:32:53 pm

we have also ruled out Messi, Ronaldo and Hazard.
      Why would a team even comment they are so desperate to be in the limelight aren't they.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39257: May 26, 2019 04:28:35 pm
      What about a bid for Mbappe we made a sh*t load of money last season and again this season. £200mil bid he is only 20 and you would probably at least get your money back in 3 or 5 years time when he is at his peak. With Daniel going we are going to need another bench warmer because noway am I leaving any of our three amigos out. But seriously to improve this squad we need the very best players to come .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39258: May 26, 2019 05:45:15 pm
      Another sign that the journo’s know absolutely nothing, for the last week it’s been De Ligt to United, now out of nowhere it turns out they aren’t even after him.
      Add that to Bruno Fernandes apparently being set for City.

Just more reason to pay no notice to any speculation.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39259: May 26, 2019 05:47:23 pm
      Just more reason to pay no notice to any speculation.

Fun to talk about though!!!
      Arlen Correa
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 37 
      Reply #39260: May 26, 2019 07:55:14 pm
      Reports in Brazilian media that Liverpool is asking informations about Fluminense CF Joao Pedro(17). They sold this player to Watford some months ago when he was in the U-16.

Quick Reply