Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178788 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39422: Jun 09, 2019 12:32:42 am
      I trust JĆ¼rgen's judgement.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39423: Jun 09, 2019 01:37:23 am

As do I mate.  If we end up signing him, it will be because JĆ¼rgen (and countless others who know way more about how to build a winning footie side than I do) approved it, and in the end that's good enough for me....

But if we're discussing and speculating about transfer targets, then I'm failing to see the appeal of Pepe.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39424: Jun 09, 2019 02:01:36 am
      As do I mate.  If we end up signing him, it will be because JĆ¼rgen (and countless others who know way more about how to build a winning footie side than I do) approved it, and in the end that's good enough for me....

But if we're discussing and speculating about transfer targets, then I'm failing to see the appeal of Pepe.

Exactly how I feel but I'm ready for JWH to spend 200 large on Mbappe and us winning the Title for the next 10 years...... ;D ;D :angel:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39425: Jun 09, 2019 04:16:57 am
      If it has to come down to breaking our wage structure to sign De Ligt, would not be really fussed if we shelve our interest. We've been immensely successful in the 'earn-more-as-you-improve' model and it would be just wrong to sign a 19yr old for 250k-a-week, which apparently United and PSG are happy to part with. If JĆ¼rgen decides to retain Lovren and look at options next summer, dont think anyone would really complain!

Just hope we wrap up the Pepe signing and make a cheeky bid for Fekir if we manage to move out Lallana and Wilson. 2 left-footed players - a winger and an attacking mid, to replace 2 left-footed players - a winger and an attacking mid.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39426: Jun 09, 2019 09:39:53 am
      From the highlights, this Pepe kid looks extremely limited and average to me.  It seems like about 50% of his goals came from pens.  On the surface, his goals and assists record this season looks really good.  However, if you take away pens, it's really not that impressive for Ligue 1....

Not sure what highlights you were watching but the ones I watched show him skinning players with ease he looks extremely skillful and quick. He is a winger remember not a striker so even with pens his stats are impressive.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39427: Jun 09, 2019 09:43:04 am
      If it has to come down to breaking our wage structure to sign De Ligt, would not be really fussed if we shelve our interest. We've been immensely successful in the 'earn-more-as-you-improve' model and it would be just wrong to sign a 19yr old for 250k-a-week, which apparently United and PSG are happy to part with. If JĆ¼rgen decides to retain Lovren and look at options next summer, dont think anyone would really complain!

Just hope we wrap up the Pepe signing and make a cheeky bid for Fekir if we manage to move out Lallana and Wilson. 2 left-footed players - a winger and an attacking mid, to replace 2 left-footed players - a winger and an attacking mid.

If de Ligt wants us badly enough he will sign for a lower salary. Money isn't everything and a 19yo on Ā£150k a week is set for life regardless.

If he wants the money then good luck to him he can go to PSG or Barca.

Don't think he will go to the Scum for all the money in the world.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39428: Jun 09, 2019 11:18:33 am
      Fekirā€¦.Fekir...Fekirā€¦ he has in the last 3 or 4 season spent over 270 days injured all knee injuries it ain't going to happen. De Light would be great but we have Joel Joe and Dejan to partner Virgil we don't need to strengthen their. We need back up for Andy and possibly a replacement for Daniel but I think JĆ¼rgen likes Brewster if we buy anyone I think it will development or cover having just won the CL and got 97 points in the EPL we are already strong enough. Naby and Ox will give us all the cover and strength we need in midfield. Players looking to come here will be wary of how much time they will get when you look at how strong a side we have
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39429: Jun 09, 2019 11:21:51 am
      Exactly how I feel but I'm ready for JWH to spend 200 large on Mbappe and us winning the Title for the next 10 years...... ;D ;D :angel:

that's the thing mate it would only be some like Mbappe who could actually improve this team as he would any team. what a thought though
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39430: Jun 09, 2019 11:25:38 am
      that's the thing mate it would only be some like Mbappe who could actually improve this team as he would any team. what a thought though

So Mbappe would be happy to come and sit on the bench then?
      Btw what cover do we currently have for our front three and do you think it's good enough?
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39431: Jun 09, 2019 11:36:05 am
      I also think we should help Bayern to sign Sane. Offer a bit of cash for Coman :D

And who is this Conman? ;D
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39432: Jun 09, 2019 11:38:57 am
      So Mbappe would be happy to come and sit on the bench then?
      Btw what cover do we currently have for our front three and do you think it's good enough?

Divock! It's more than good enough and well proven. If that's your point...
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #39433: Jun 09, 2019 11:53:12 am
      It wasn't long ago people were after Origi leaving and just because he has scored some important goals that doesn't affect my Judgement on him I just dont feel he is good enough all round to be our go to front three replacement
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39434: Jun 09, 2019 11:59:23 am
      Personally i do think with the number of competitions we will take part in another top class option to play across the front 3 is required. To sit back and just think, wow what a season would be a huge mistake
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39435: Jun 09, 2019 01:20:26 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39436: Jun 09, 2019 01:29:35 pm
      I reckon JĆ¼rgen looks on transfer targets as he would do Family planning the timing has to be just perfect . He is so protective of his "Mentality Giant's Boys" that the character of any incoming player is almost as important as their ability to play football.
      Front three is clearly his choice for next season but he also clearly rates Divok and young Brewster will do incredibly well when called upon . I don't think you will find a player who can come in and fill one of our three spots and keep the balance as it is now they are a unique combination. I hope rather than think that if JĆ¼rgen see a player who he thinks will tick all of his boxes then the club will do all they can to sign him.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #39437: Jun 09, 2019 01:36:08 pm
      If he chose Bayern it would be for guaranteed playing time. Which means he isnā€™t the right player for us anyway.

Iā€™m pretty confident that any player we REALLY want we will get.
      That is going to be our main challenge this window: Convince top quality players to come and at most start their lives at the club as bench players all while not giving them the same type of wage compensation a team like City is capable of giving players who are not of their starting XI
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #39438: Jun 09, 2019 02:23:08 pm
      Divock! It's more than good enough and well proven. If that's your point...

Itā€™s neither. He should stay but he alone doesnā€™t represent the kind of line for like cover that we need for our front three. He is more of a ā€œplan Bā€ option.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39439: Jun 09, 2019 02:45:37 pm
      Not sure what highlights you were watching but the ones I watched show him skinning players with ease he looks extremely skillful and quick. He is a winger remember not a striker so even with pens his stats are impressive.

Fair enough mate.  Everyone can have their own opinion.  I admitted that his stats are impressive, I just think they are inflated from all the pens and the weak level of competition in Ligue 1.  He certainly has a good burst of pace, but I didn't see much else to go along with it....

Comparing him to what we already have -- I think he'd struggle to be an improvement on Shaqiri, which means his fee (supposedly north of 60M) is an absolute joke.  We signed Shaqiri at the age of 26 (2 years older than Pepe is now) and his highlight reel at the time of signing was 100x more impressive than Pepe's.  The pace and power in his running, the variety of goals scored (close range finishes, long range strikes, free kicks, weak foot strikes, and even the odd pen), and the vision and precision of some of his assists suggest to me that Shaqiri is a significantly more well rounded player than Pepe, and he can barely get a minute in the team. 

But, as I previously mentioned, I'm not exactly world renowned for my ability to scout and develop top footie talent.  Odds are, I'm probably wrong....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39440: Jun 09, 2019 03:06:42 pm
      Itā€™s neither. He should stay but he alone doesnā€™t represent the kind of line for like cover that we need for our front three. He is more of a ā€œplan Bā€ option.

Divock has scored some vital goals for us but there is a reason why he doesn't start many matches for us. Brewster might be good but we need someone to offer genuine competition for the front three.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #39441: Jun 09, 2019 09:56:26 pm
      I think out wide we could do with a good young squad player who could develop into a top player over time. Maybe somebody like David Brooks at Bournemouth.

Whether we need a striker or not I think depends how highly JĆ¼rgen rates Brewster. If he thinks he's going to be able to feature next season, then him and Divock are probably enough cover. If not, then we need to replace Sturridge.

Full back is where we really need cover. At least 1 good back up FB needs to come in.

Probably also need to replace Mignolet. I thought Nick Pope, on the bench at Burnley, would be a good option, but think he just signed a new deal with them.

Other than that I think we're fine. Not looking for any big name buys.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39442: Jun 10, 2019 07:57:29 am
      I think out wide we could do with a good young squad player who could develop into a top player over time.

Harry Wilson
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #39443: Jun 10, 2019 09:01:31 am
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #39444: Jun 10, 2019 10:40:09 am
      Daily fail linking Bruno Fernandes to us. Very Alonso like player. I'd take him.
      freekick would be solved.

Quick Reply