Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178968 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39514: Jun 13, 2019 02:05:27 pm
      Here's a potential swap deal:
      1) Release Shaq at £25m for a £13m profit
      2) Sign Fekir at £30m for a net cash outlay of £5m

Doable

I think we should sell at least one right sided attacking player if we are to get Fekir. We currently have Salah, Mane, Ox, Shaq & even Origi if needs be, and then we buy the Sturridge replacement in F.Anderson or Zaha :D Would be amazing! I also wonder if Asensio is worth looking into.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019 02:09:43 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39515: Jun 13, 2019 02:26:45 pm
      Why swap or sell?

We're f**king loaded at the moment.

Aren't you supposed to be supportive of any type of swap deal Swab? ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39516: Jun 13, 2019 02:30:17 pm
      Aren't you supposed to be supportive of any type of swap deal Swab? ;D

No idea what that means.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39517: Jun 13, 2019 02:48:56 pm
      We aren’t going to get Fekir  :mad:

you will be saying that in 10 years time mate. His injury list and games missed over the past 3 seasons or so puts him in the high risk category someone we would have taken a chance on a few years back but not now so no he isn't coming but that will not stop people saying he is.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39518: Jun 13, 2019 03:10:11 pm

Your name is Swab. Support the swap deal. :lmao:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39519: Jun 13, 2019 03:19:57 pm
      Totally agree with this....I think they all want to leave their clubs and worth £150m-£200m which we can afford.

That's our squad done for the next 5 years.

Lets ruffle some feathers.

Seriously? Levy would quote that figure for each of them
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #39520: Jun 13, 2019 04:28:25 pm
      If the rumours are true the club must feel £30M is worth the risk.

€30m to be exact, which is around £26.5m, good fee for a rotation player. He played a total of 39 games last season.

However, I don't think we are in for him anymore and I still believe it is more important to buy a quality rotation player for Mane Salah and Firmino. Keita & Oxlade can do the job in midfield next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39521: Jun 13, 2019 05:02:37 pm
      €30m to be exact, which is around £26.5m, good fee for a rotation player. He played a total of 39 games last season.

However, I don't think we are in for him anymore and I still believe it is more important to buy a quality rotation player for Mane Salah and Firmino. Keita & Oxlade can do the job in midfield next season.

This.

Brewster and Origi may well be solid squad players but they are nowhere near the level of our front 3 lads.

We need to sign a Werner/Dybala/Depay level of player who can rotate up top.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #39522: Jun 13, 2019 05:06:19 pm
      This.

Brewster and Origi may well be solid squad players but they are nowhere near the level of our front 3 lads.

Dybala would be a wonderful signing, but frankly speaking I don't see him leaving Juventus (spoke to a lot of Juve fans here in Italy, all are telling me he won't leave).

I think we should also target Hakim Ziyech of Ajax, really good player also versatile, could cost around £30-40m.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39523: Jun 13, 2019 05:07:45 pm
      If we sell Lovren to Milan we need a new CB.

De Ligt is the the obvious choice but he would need to agree to come here for less than half the £340k per week salary PSG are offering him which is unlikely.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39524: Jun 13, 2019 05:10:14 pm
      Dybala would be a wonderful signing, but frankly speaking I don't see him leaving Juventus (spoke to a lot of Juve fans here in Italy, all are telling me he won't leave).

I think we should also target Hakim Ziyech of Ajax, really good player also versatile, could cost around £30-40m.

Yea it would take a lot to prize Dybala away from the old lady. Would he perfect for us though.

I'm a fan of Ziyech but he seems to be more of a creative AM.

Neres would be a better choice to rotate up front.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39525: Jun 13, 2019 05:38:28 pm
      De Ligt is the the obvious choice but he would need to agree to come here for less than half the £340k per week salary PSG are offering him which is unlikely.

R.Dias looks quality. I think I would take him over De Ligt.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39526: Jun 13, 2019 05:42:29 pm

For me, we should be looking at tempting the best lads away from our rivals.  Son, Sane, Eriksen, etc. 
      Make a statement and keep our front 3 on their toes, not daring to lose their place to someone that good.

We made plenty of statements last season, don’t need to go and cripple ourselves financially just to get big name players. If a player is right for us then it makes no difference if it’s Eriksen or some unknown player. City tried making a statement by signing Mendy for £50mill and he hasn’t come close to reaching the level and quality of the £7mill Robbo from relegated Hull. We need the right players, not fantasy football. It’s quality not quantity where the transfer market is concerned.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39527: Jun 13, 2019 06:17:19 pm
      We made plenty of statements last season, don’t need to go and cripple ourselves financially just to get big name players. If a player is right for us then it makes no difference if it’s Eriksen or some unknown player. City tried making a statement by signing Mendy for £50mill and he hasn’t come close to reaching the level and quality of the £7mill Robbo from relegated Hull. We need the right players, not fantasy football. It’s quality not quantity where the transfer market is concerned.

I would love us to sign 2 new full backs, and I bet there are a few good £10m-£15m full backs in the Scottish and lower English leagues that would do a better job than Moreno and Gomez at full back.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39528: Jun 13, 2019 06:26:14 pm
      I would love us to sign 2 new full backs, and I bet there are a few good £10m-£15m full backs in the Scottish and lower English leagues that would do a better job than Moreno and Gomez at full back.

I think Milner is the LB backup and Gomez is more than capable as RB.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39529: Jun 13, 2019 06:30:36 pm

Good luck getting a 25yo Dybala who is a surefire starter in a top team like Juventus to pack his bags and come battle for a spot and be ready to sit on the bench. Tough sell, IMO.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39530: Jun 13, 2019 06:52:05 pm

I do get the feeling we won’t be signing a new LB, I think we will just go with Milner as cover. Perhaps with a view of integrating Adam Lewis as the eventual competition.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39531: Jun 13, 2019 07:06:44 pm

We have plenty of cover at RB -- Gomez, Fabinho, Ox, Hendo, Milner.  Its LB that we dont have much.  Our fullbacks have become critical at providing the width in our attack.  As such, I dont think we can rely on Millie at LB anymore because he always checks back onto his right foot. 

Of all the players we've been linked to, I think Bruno Fernandes would be the best fit.  That kid looks F***ing class to me!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39532: Jun 13, 2019 07:30:00 pm
      Fekir not happening... 😡😂

Why do I allow myself to be 🎣 in...😂
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #39533: Jun 13, 2019 07:38:42 pm
      Fekir not happening... 😡😂

Why do I allow myself to be 🎣 in...😂

Of course he wasn’t happening  :mad:
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39534: Jun 13, 2019 09:30:09 pm
      This.

I think Klopp is quite high on Brewster, i wouldn't be massively surprised if he doesn't bring in a replacement for Sturridge. I think that would be a mistake but we know Jürgen is not hasty when it comes to the transfer window.

From the EPL I would love Phillipe Anderson. Cracking player. Same applies to James Maddison. But they'd both cost a tidy packet.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39535: Jun 13, 2019 10:13:39 pm
      From the EPL I would love Phillipe Anderson. Cracking player. Same applies to James Maddison. But they'd both cost a tidy packet.

So long as he's a better version of Filipe Anderson ;)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39536: Jun 13, 2019 11:24:28 pm
      This.

Brewster hasn't even kicked a ball yet and Divok has improved significantly . Our front three are unique you cant take one out without it causing bother. However look what we did to Barcelona and how good was Divok.

Quick Reply