Trending Topics

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4196826 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39537: Jun 13, 2019 11:31:23 pm

Why you banging your head kiddo..💁🏻‍♂️whats wrong with a bit of tittilation 😂
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #39538: Jun 13, 2019 11:55:49 pm
      So long as he's a better version of Filipe Anderson ;)

Actually, it's "Felipe Anderson"

If you're going to correct someone, at least make sure you get it right yourself 😉
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39539: Jun 14, 2019 12:27:18 am
      Why you banging your head kiddo..💁🏻‍♂️whats wrong with a bit of tittilation 😂

Some people are into that. There's an entire genre of music for it.  :)

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #39540: Jun 14, 2019 07:54:27 am
      Fekir not happening... 😡😂

Why do I allow myself to be 🎣 in...😂

Keep the faith oh troubled one....... ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39541: Jun 14, 2019 09:00:53 am
      Keep the faith oh troubled one....... ;)

Im loving the drama 😂
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39542: Jun 14, 2019 09:13:40 am

If Fekir really is available for close to what we paid for Shaq then surely its a no-brainer, even at €30m its a hell of a good deal and worth the risk in my opinion.
      The only reason we may not be after Fekir is if there is some truth in the rumours of Coutinho coming back to us.
      ruthcity

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #39543: Jun 14, 2019 03:00:14 pm
      If Fekir really is available for close to what we paid for Shaq then surely its a no-brainer, even at €30m its a hell of a good deal and worth the risk in my opinion.
      The only reason we may not be after Fekir is if there is some truth in the rumours of Coutinho coming back to us.

If Coutinho happens, that would be equivalent to doing a Kagawa when Klopp was at Dortmund. He basically solid and bought Kagawa back at a lower price. Brilliant business.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #39544: Jun 14, 2019 03:13:04 pm
      If Coutinho happens, that would be equivalent to doing a Kagawa when Klopp was at Dortmund. He basically solid and bought Kagawa back at a lower price. Brilliant business.

I believe the accurate terminology is "doing a Rushie"...   
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39545: Jun 14, 2019 03:23:06 pm
      Where have these coutinho rumours come from ?
      ruthcity

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #39546: Jun 14, 2019 03:26:41 pm
      I believe the accurate terminology is "doing a Rushie"...   

That works too. So safe to assume Rushie came back for a lower price... Good thinking.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #39547: Jun 14, 2019 03:50:39 pm

Did Kagawa throw a fit and refuse to play to force his way out? 

I'm sure Coutinho could be a fantastic player for us again (we all know that he has the ability), but he would have to eat crow and apologize for the mistakes he made and how he treated his teammates and the fans of this great club before he'd be welcomed back.  Is he willing to do that?

Where have these coutinho rumours come from ?

I think it's just speculation.  Barca want rid and he wants to leave for a fresh start.  We have money and could use another attacker.  2+2 and all that....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39548: Jun 14, 2019 03:53:13 pm
      Just swerve Phil & look forward to new faces..

I wouldn’t have him back..
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2019 06:58:24 pm by Shabs »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #39549: Jun 14, 2019 03:57:46 pm
      Actually, it's "Felipe Anderson"

If you're going to correct someone, at least make sure you get it right yourself 😉

You got me there.

That Felipe Anderson Pereira Gomes fella?

Nah not for me.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,725 posts | 847 
      Reply #39550: Jun 14, 2019 11:12:14 pm
      While I find the lack of rumors/info from reliable sources to be a bit boring, it confirms what we saw last summer: We're airtight in terms of the business we do.

This is something very important in order to do successful business, especially in the PL where there is more than one team who can meddle in your business and steal the player or end up raising the price on you to the point where the deal is just not worth it anymore.

While I moderately enjoy the rumor mill, I prefer our new M.O. Much more exciting to be surprised by an official announcement or serious rumor hours before the club confirms it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39551: Jun 15, 2019 12:06:32 am

Spot on,he wanted out to sign for Barcalona   so let him stew.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39552: Jun 15, 2019 12:31:56 am

Yep. He's gone, he's history...and a footnote at that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39553: Jun 15, 2019 12:40:09 am
      Yep. He's gone, he's history...and a footnote at that.

Who'd have thought that we'd have said Phillipe Coutinho is now completely irrelevant to Liverpool Football Club. There are some players like Suarez and Alonso where you can look back and think "damn!" if only we had kept them. With Coutinho though, wow, who'd have thought we would have gotten so much better without him. He leaves and we go on and have 2 Champions League finals and get 97 points in the league. Just highlights how much we relied on him and how he was actually holding us back IMO.

Even if he wanted to come back, I don't hink us fans have anything to be even remotely concerned about or even need to give it a thought because I don't think there is a chance in hell Klopp would even want him back with the amount of disrespect Coutinho showed towards him and the club. Klopp said Coutinho could have had a statue with us but would just be an ordinary player anywhere else, but to be fair, Klopp was maybe a little bit wrong there...he's not even ordinary at Barca, he's almost as irrelevant there as he is here. Will go down in history though, biggest ever transfer failure.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39554: Jun 15, 2019 12:52:45 am
      Who'd have thought that we'd have said Phillipe Coutinho is now completely irrelevant to Liverpool Football Club. There are some players like Suarez and Alonso where you can look back and think "damn!" if only we had kept them. With Coutinho though, wow, who'd have thought we would have gotten so much better without him. He leaves and we go on and have 2 Champions League finals and get 97 points in the league. Just highlights how much we relied on him and how he was actually holding us back IMO.

Even if he wanted to come back, I don't hink us fans have anything to be even remotely concerned about or even need to give it a thought because I don't think there is a chance in hell Klopp would even want him back with the amount of disrespect Coutinho showed towards him and the club. Klopp said Coutinho could have had a statue with us but would just be an ordinary player anywhere else, but to be fair, Klopp was maybe a little bit wrong there...he's not even ordinary at Barca, he's almost as irrelevant there as he is here. Will go down in history though, biggest ever transfer failure.

It quickly dawns that the thing with Coutinho was that he was a player of great moments but he was never a great player. More an exhibitionist than anything and maybe, given how much we've improved with him gone and how bang average he is at Barca, an exhibitionist is all he will ever be.

Re signing him (which we won't do because I think JĂźrgen would rather eat his own nutsack than retread tracks that led us nowhere) would be a step back for us.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39555: Jun 15, 2019 12:57:21 am
      Re signing him (which we won't do because I think JĂźrgen would rather eat his own nutsack than retread tracks that led us nowhere) would be a step back for us.

I remember reading around the time Arsenal signed Aubameyang that Klopp refuses to look at signing players he's previously worked with. You could argue that wasn't the case with Gotze but there's talk that we were never actually after him and Mane was the target all along. Makes sense, why work with past players when you are trying to move forward.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #39556: Jun 15, 2019 01:02:14 am
      I remember reading around the time Arsenal signed Aubameyang that Klopp refuses to look at signing players he's previously worked with. You could argue that wasn't the case with Gotze but there's talk that we were never actually after him and Mane was the target all along. Makes sense, why work with past players when you are trying to move forward.

Likewise with Mkhitaryan before he joined United. He said:

“I had that player. If you have had players, you know more about them. You want to learn about other players. That's how it is. We didn’t look for players we had already worked with. If you do that, you know their good, their bad and you wonder whether you will do it again."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-didnt-sign-manchester-11683381
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #39557: Jun 15, 2019 08:26:13 am

I agree with pretty much everything you said here except throwing Xabi’s name In.  Rafa pretty much tied Xabi’s hands together and forced him out.

The other two were lifting up their skirts for Barca.  One with his fangs in the World Cup and the other going to the physio table for a hangnail.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,664 posts | 883 
      Reply #39558: Jun 15, 2019 09:10:54 am

A good player is a good player. If he adds something to the team then why not.
      I don't agree with that you can't use past players to take the club forward. It all depends on the player. Ian rush is a very good example of that.

If jk thinks that then be it, but I disagree.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39559: Jun 15, 2019 09:33:45 am
      What is the odds of Coutinho finishing up at Newcastle with Rafa.

Quick Reply