Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179867 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39560: Jun 15, 2019 09:42:19 am
      A good player is a good player. If he adds something to the team then why not.
      I don't agree with that you can't use past players to take the club forward. It all depends on the player. Ian rush is a very good example of that.

If jk thinks that then be it, but I disagree.

Surely you are not comparing Ian Rush to Coutinho,I don't think I am being  biased when I look at the cups Rushie won with us compared to what Coutinho won.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #39561: Jun 15, 2019 10:17:51 am
      Surely you are not comparing Ian Rush to Coutinho,I don't think I am being  biased when I look at the cups Rushie won with us compared to what Coutinho won.

OH come on. Don't take that road. You know what I meant.
      the point is that a good player whom have played for us in past. Can take the club forward and help us win things.
      it all depends on the player and the price.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39562: Jun 15, 2019 10:46:49 am
      OH come on. Don't take that road. You know what I meant.
      the point is that a good player whom have played for us in past. Can take the club forward and help us win things.
      it all depends on the player and the price.

I think you are missing the point Ian Rush had Liverpool F.C. blood running right through his body Coutinho has not.My memory of Ian Rush signing for Juventus was it was a pay off for him for his service to our club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39563: Jun 15, 2019 10:49:43 am
      I agree with pretty much everything you said here except throwing Xabi’s name In.  Rafa pretty much tied Xabi’s hands together and forced him out.

Sorry I probably didn’t explain it too well. I didn’t mean in terms of players forcing a move or being out in a situation where they aren’t wanted anymore, just in terms of how we were after their departure. I don’t think it’s any coincidence we went down hill the year Xabi left. Been gutted to see plenty of players leave but Xabi is right up there for me.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39564: Jun 15, 2019 11:52:33 am
      Lawro making the point many of us have made about signing anyone. ITs not only the quality of the footballer its the quality of the  man that counts equally. He said one bad apple can cause chaos and the current squad are superb together will Couthino coming back upset a few players quite possibly.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39565: Jun 15, 2019 12:59:32 pm
      Lovren off to Milan? Will be interesting to see the CB profile we'll be after..

Personally, someone like Nathan Ake or Malang Sarr would cover as the 4th CB and 2nd LB, and could be brought in for a similar fee we sell Lovren for.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39566: Jun 15, 2019 01:05:25 pm
      Lovren off to Milan? Will be interesting to see the CB profile we'll be after..

Personally, someone like Nathan Ake or Malang Sarr would cover as the 4th CB and 2nd LB, and could be brought in for a similar fee we sell Lovren for.

I would be DeLigted if he's gone
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39567: Jun 15, 2019 01:44:17 pm
      Would be foolish to let Lovren go unless we were signing DeLigt.

Lovren is a good player.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39568: Jun 15, 2019 01:46:41 pm
      Would be foolish to let Lovren go unless we were signing DeLigt.

Lovren is a good player.

Only he can't string 3 games together without getting injured.

If we sell and sign de Ligt or a good young CB we will improve the squad.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #39569: Jun 15, 2019 02:17:33 pm

This is why they’d sell him.

Oh yeah - he also hid that World Cup injury from Klopp last summer. That might still rub the boss the wrong way.

However, if he’s a good character guy who already knows the system, maybe you keep him around as your 4th CB for the sake of he team? 
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #39570: Jun 15, 2019 03:29:13 pm
      I think you are missing the point Ian Rush had Liverpool F.C. blood running right through his body Coutinho has not.My memory of Ian Rush signing for Juventus was it was a pay off for him for his service to our club.

That's some Liverpool propaganda right there. Take a breath, and try to look from a neutral standpoint.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #39571: Jun 15, 2019 03:39:10 pm

One of the problems with De Ligt that some news outlet brought up this week is his wage and the problems it might cause within the squad. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but he apparently will be looking to cash in and pocket a monstrous weekly wage that would shatter anything we are currently giving to VVD or Salah for example. It's exactly the type of nonsense we need to stay away from. We saw what this leads to with teams like Arsenal or utd.

Also, I'm pretty sure Klopp has placed his faith in Gomez to be his main man alongside VVD and with the amazing season Matip managed, if Lovren is to leave then Klopp will logically be looking for somebody that will compete for a spot, but that will have no problem staying on the bench.

With that said you almost feel like the reality is almost ''disappointing'' because the prospect of a VVD-DeLigt pairing is just mouth watering. Something you would come up with on your career mode on FIFA or something.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39572: Jun 15, 2019 04:41:49 pm
      Looks like Maxi Gomez is joining West Ham for £29m, hmmm. Will be interesting to see how he does in the PL.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39573: Jun 15, 2019 06:44:37 pm
      Regarding Petite Philippe Coutinho, I can't imagine any team coughing up the reduced 90 mill for what I consider an incredibly flawed player.

Positives: Big right foot, quickness, creativity

Negatives: Slow, doesn't defend, lack of stats (5 goals, 2 assists in 34 La Liga matches this past season), benched, considered expendable, little demonstration of leadership skills, attitude (mopey diva who faked injuries to gain exit from LFC + some Brazilian entitlement DNA)

Ignoring Coutinho's mental configuration / attitude deficiencies and simply focusing on his football skills/flaws, I see many similarities with Salah
      Mo +: quick, big motor, knack for the net, assists
      Mo - : limited to left foot, lacks speed vs top team defenders, turnover machine, defensive effort/skills are minimal, lack of big match stats
      Mo's intangibles:  off the charts

Strictly from a valuation stand point....I would sell Mo at his 150 mill valuation in a millisecond because his 2018-19 game resembled more his Roma stats than his 2017-18 LFC stats.
      Looking at the highest valuation players in the world in which Mo is tied for 3rd....Mbappe, Neymar, Hazard, Messi, Sterling......all can beat their defenders handily either with speed or dribbling or both.
      Despite, Salah's 17 PL (non PK) goals this past season, most were clean up scores with few earned based on superior speed and/or dribbling during this past season, unlike the season before.
      Harry Kane is considered a top 6 valuation guy as well and I just classify him as a pure + proven goal scorer in the box, with a history of scoring vs top teams.
      In my view, Mo is a big step below all these guys. Again, just looking at this in terms of valuation.
      IMO, the best teams have easily stifled his game and the vast majority of his stats are vs weaker teams. The world's elite score vs all competition, not just bottom dwellers.
      Valuing Mo as top 3 in the world is insane and I would readily discuss a transfer if approached.
      Of course, I don't see fit and bankroll out there to make such an approach.

Look at it this way....with 150 mill in the bank, could you buy a 17 goal scorer who will be fed balls at a ridiculously high rate like Mo is?
      My verdict..........Hell ya.
      All you need is 80 mill with 70 mill to spare....Coutinho style.

Sell at the highs when valuations get ridiculous and buyers get stupid.

« Last Edit: Jun 15, 2019 07:04:37 pm by Borg »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39574: Jun 15, 2019 08:25:07 pm
      Regarding Petite Philippe Coutinho, I can't imagine any team coughing up the reduced 90 mill for what I consider an incredibly flawed player.

Negatives: Slow, doesn't defend, lack of stats (5 goals, 2 assists in 34 La Liga matches this past season), benched, considered expendable, little demonstration of leadership skills, attitude (mopey diva who faked injuries to gain exit from LFC + some Brazilian entitlement DNA)

Ignoring Coutinho's mental configuration / attitude deficiencies and simply focusing on his football skills/flaws, I see many similarities with Salah
      Mo - : limited to left foot, lacks speed vs top team defenders, turnover machine, defensive effort/skills are minimal, lack of big match stats

Strictly from a valuation stand point....I would sell Mo at his 150 mill valuation in a millisecond because his 2018-19 game resembled more his Roma stats than his 2017-18 LFC stats.
      Looking at the highest valuation players in the world in which Mo is tied for 3rd....Mbappe, Neymar, Hazard, Messi, Sterling......all can beat their defenders handily either with speed or dribbling or both.
      Despite, Salah's 17 PL (non PK) goals this past season, most were clean up scores with few earned based on superior speed and/or dribbling during this past season, unlike the season before.
      Harry Kane is considered a top 6 valuation guy as well and I just classify him as a pure + proven goal scorer in the box, with a history of scoring vs top teams.
      In my view, Mo is a big step below all these guys. Again, just looking at this in terms of valuation.
      IMO, the best teams have easily stifled his game and the vast majority of his stats are vs weaker teams. The world's elite score vs all competition, not just bottom dwellers.
      Valuing Mo as top 3 in the world is insane and I would readily discuss a transfer if approached.

Look at it this way....with 150 mill in the bank, could you buy a 17 goal scorer who will be fed balls at a ridiculously high rate like Mo is?

Stopped reading when I read you would sell Mo in a millisecond.

Not for all the money in the world pal.

Get fu**ed with that.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39575: Jun 15, 2019 09:25:49 pm
      In my view, Mo is a big step below all these guys. Again, just looking at this in terms of valuation

F***ing FUCCCKKKKINGGG hell!!

Exactly this. We replace him with a younger versatile CB for a similar price. Its a no-brainer!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39576: Jun 15, 2019 10:40:01 pm

You are clueless
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #39577: Jun 15, 2019 11:18:33 pm
      So Paul Joyce has retweeted Mbappé saying he's arrived in the US.

Now this wouldn't normally be a big deal, but people are asking two questions:

1 - Why has he met with LFC shareholder LeBron James, who just happens to be wearing an LFC cap and giving Mbappé a gift?  (FYI, when James recommended Coutinho be sold to Barca, he was gone pretty much straight away. Make of that what you will.)
      2 - Why on earth has Joyce retweeted this? He's not exactly known for hyperbole and speculation, and is basically Tier 1 when reporting any kind of LFC-related news.

Personally, I don't think Mbappé belongs at this club. He's a terrific player but he has a massive ego which I feel Klopp really wouldn't want.

I guess time will tell.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39578: Jun 15, 2019 11:19:53 pm
      That's some Liverpool propaganda right there. Take a breath, and try to look from a neutral standpoint.

I am trying to go from my memory and to how things happened at the time,what are you basing your facts on.Who can forget his goalsin the 1989 final against Everton.
      I had better get back on topic ,I am sure we will not resign Coutinho.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39579: Jun 16, 2019 01:58:40 am
      Mbappe & Fekir 😳🔥
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39580: Jun 16, 2019 09:52:13 am
      Can you just imagine having 4 forwards like Sadio, Mo, Bobby and Mbappe meaning that we could bring one of them on during the game as extra impact, plus have genuine rotation amongst our forwards without the quality dipping, WOW!!
      Please let there be some truth to this.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39581: Jun 16, 2019 10:00:15 am
      Mbappe?

Wouldn't he be priced by PSG at over £200 million and expect at least £300k a week salary?

We can all dream I suppose.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #39582: Jun 16, 2019 10:10:28 am
      Mbappe?

Wouldn't he be priced by PSG at over £200 million and expect at least £300k a week salary?

We can all dream I suppose.

If we get Mbappe that's the double secured next season.

Quick Reply