Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179895 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39583: Jun 16, 2019 10:18:09 am

Amongst other things Mags 🙄
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39584: Jun 16, 2019 10:20:39 am
      I think you are missing the point Ian Rush had Liverpool F.C. blood running right through his body Coutinho has not.My memory of Ian Rush signing for Juventus was it was a pay off for him for his service to our club.

Yup. It made good business sense for the club at the time. Kenny wanted to freshen and we got first refusal on him.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39585: Jun 16, 2019 10:23:28 am
      If we get Mbappe that's the double secured next season.

Oh I agree mate but it's just not going to happen.

We would need to sell Salah for ÂŁ200 million and replace with Mbappe.

We can't play fantasy football like PSG and City.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39586: Jun 16, 2019 10:25:21 am
      If we sell Lovren I think JĂźrgen will want de Ligt.

We will have the best defence in the world if this happens.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39587: Jun 16, 2019 11:20:46 am
      Regarding Petite Philippe Coutinho, I can't imagine any team coughing up the reduced 90 mill for what I consider an incredibly flawed player.

Positives: Big right foot, quickness, creativity

Negatives: Slow, doesn't defend, lack of stats (5 goals, 2 assists in 34 La Liga matches this past season), benched, considered expendable, little demonstration of leadership skills, attitude (mopey diva who faked injuries to gain exit from LFC + some Brazilian entitlement DNA)

Ignoring Coutinho's mental configuration / attitude deficiencies and simply focusing on his football skills/flaws, I see many similarities with Salah
      Mo +: quick, big motor, knack for the net, assists
      Mo - : limited to left foot, lacks speed vs top team defenders, turnover machine, defensive effort/skills are minimal, lack of big match stats
      Mo's intangibles:  off the charts

Strictly from a valuation stand point....I would sell Mo at his 150 mill valuation in a millisecond because his 2018-19 game resembled more his Roma stats than his 2017-18 LFC stats.
      Looking at the highest valuation players in the world in which Mo is tied for 3rd....Mbappe, Neymar, Hazard, Messi, Sterling......all can beat their defenders handily either with speed or dribbling or both.
      Despite, Salah's 17 PL (non PK) goals this past season, most were clean up scores with few earned based on superior speed and/or dribbling during this past season, unlike the season before.
      Harry Kane is considered a top 6 valuation guy as well and I just classify him as a pure + proven goal scorer in the box, with a history of scoring vs top teams.
      In my view, Mo is a big step below all these guys. Again, just looking at this in terms of valuation.
      IMO, the best teams have easily stifled his game and the vast majority of his stats are vs weaker teams. The world's elite score vs all competition, not just bottom dwellers.
      Valuing Mo as top 3 in the world is insane and I would readily discuss a transfer if approached.
      Of course, I don't see fit and bankroll out there to make such an approach.

Look at it this way....with 150 mill in the bank, could you buy a 17 goal scorer who will be fed balls at a ridiculously high rate like Mo is?
      My verdict..........Hell ya.
      All you need is 80 mill with 70 mill to spare....Coutinho style.

Sell at the highs when valuations get ridiculous and buyers get stupid.

So many contradictions and so much bollocks in one post.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2019 11:56:37 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39588: Jun 16, 2019 01:18:52 pm
      So many contradictions and so much bollocks in one post.
      Last week I posted "expect a major transfer out in 14 months"
      Yesterday morning I explained why Salah's value is ridiculous.
      Last night, news of Salah's wandering eye with a 1 year time table gets published.

Just a coincidence?
      Lucky connecting of dots on my part?

It's almost as if I'm psychic, or I look at the tea leaves not through fanboy specs, or I just may look at football like an analyst who calculates value and markets (like the owner)............. or I just might know something. (sorry Kenny if this triggers you)

Setting that aside, let's discuss what might make Salah want to leave.
      Not too difficult to figure out: Wages
      If LFC once again bumps up Mo's pay......expect him to continue his career at LFC for the foreseeable future. If not, offers will flow in that he and his agent will pay attention to. 10 mill is a pittance for a 2 time Golden Boot winner. Never ignore how agents make the bulk of their compensation....not from negotiating pay bumps, especially if a 150 mill transfer is knocking on your door. Think McFly
      LFC is sitting in a fantastic position right now. On a valuation to wage scale, Mo is a bargain.
      So much potential opportunity available to all parties.
      LFC might be able sell a wildly overvalued asset and strengthen its team with the surplus.
      Mo might earn elite wages post transfer.
      Mo's agent might see a 8 figure commission.

Most interesting will be VvD's potential new deal and how that will viewed in the locker room. Stories get written daily of the astronomical valuations of many LFC players but wages, though solid, are not elite. Every player's window is limited and as the old saying goes...Strike while the iron is hot. Temptations will be abound and LFC can't pay everyone nor do they want an outlier salary on the books unless the player is truly elite.

I hope Mo looks more like the 2017-18 version who could get off his shot regularly with pin point accuracy....not the latest version who was bottled up by defenders, who couldn't find the net in big matches, who turned the ball over at an accelerated rate.

The issue is the valuation not the player.
      « Last Edit: Jun 16, 2019 01:34:16 pm by Borg »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39589: Jun 16, 2019 01:25:54 pm
      Last night, news of Salah's wandering eye with a 1 year time table gets published.

Just a coincidence?

It's almost as if I'm psychic, or I look at the tea leaves not through fanboy specs, or I just may look at football like an analyst who calculates value and markets (like the owner)............. or I just might know something. (sorry Kenny if this triggers you)

If LFC once again bumps up Mo's pay......expect him to continue his career at LFC for the foreseeable future. If not, offers will flow in that he and his agent will pay attention to. 10 mill is a pittance for a 2 time Golden Boot winner.
      LFC is sitting in a fantastic position right now. On a valuation to wage scale, Mo is a bargain.

Most interesting will be VvD's potential new deal and how that will viewed in the locker room. Stories get written daily of the astronomical valuations of many LFC players but wages, though solid, are not elite. Every player's window is limited and as the old saying goes...Strike while the iron is hot. Temptations will be abound and LFC can't pay everyone nor do they want an outlier salary on the books unless the player is truly elite.

I hope Mo looks more like the 2017-18 version who could get off his shot regularly with pin point accuracy....not the latest version who was bottled up by defenders, who couldn't find the net in big matches, who turned the ball over at an accelerated rate.

Oh so now you're Mystic Meg  :tosser:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39590: Jun 16, 2019 01:29:52 pm

I really wish people would stop quoting that loon.
      It's the only time i see his posts, and they make my brain hurt.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39591: Jun 16, 2019 03:18:37 pm

Just a coincidence?

If LFC once again bumps up Mo's pay......expect him to continue his career at LFC for the foreseeable future. If not, offers will flow in that he and his agent will pay attention to. 10 mill is a pittance for a 2 time Golden Boot winner. Never ignore how agents make the bulk of their compensation....not from negotiating pay bumps, especially if a 150 mill transfer is knocking on your door. Think McFly
      So much potential opportunity available to all parties.
      LFC might be able sell a wildly overvalued asset and strengthen its team with the surplus.
      Mo might earn elite wages post transfer.
      Mo's agent might see a 8 figure commission.

Or you might just be full of sh*te which Id say is the more likely option. You seem to have a weird obsession with wanting Salah out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39592: Jun 16, 2019 04:22:59 pm
      Without quoting the old chap, what’s the crack about Salah...?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39593: Jun 16, 2019 04:45:48 pm
      Without quoting the old chap, what’s the crack about Salah...?

The only crack is the one that borg is talking out of
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39594: Jun 16, 2019 05:26:33 pm
      Borg taking Condescension to new levels!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39595: Jun 16, 2019 05:38:21 pm

Just a coincidence?

There are no dots to connect. There is only sh*t that's being thrown at the wall and you happen to have a big shovel and even more sh*t coming out of your mouth.

You know F**k all. You're not an analyst, a psychic or a tea reader either.

If you looked at things without 'fanboy' specs. Have a look at this:

He got his big move to England once and he wasn't used properly. We gave him the stage he wanted his whole career and now he's won the biggest prize in the game with us and we've only got started. Maybe you think money is everything for every player, but Mo doesn't strike me as that player in the slightest.

I look forward to quoting your bullshit post this time next year when we've sold nobody of importance.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39596: Jun 16, 2019 06:20:45 pm
      Great teams don’t sell great players. I suggest a banning for any “fan” on this forum that posts anything resembling an assertion that we should sell our best players. Hell, I don’t even think we should be talking about selling guys like Lallana and Lovren.
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #39597: Jun 16, 2019 07:03:35 pm
      Wouldn’t mind selling Lallana, TBH, if only because he makes £110,000 per week.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #39598: Jun 16, 2019 07:39:53 pm
      Any more talk of max cornet?
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #39599: Jun 16, 2019 07:53:27 pm
      Great teams don’t sell great players. I suggest a banning for any “fan” on this forum that posts anything resembling an assertion that we should sell our best players. Hell, I don’t even think we should be talking about selling guys like Lallana and Lovren.
      Well, Lallana could be sold if he is replaced one way or the other be it via a transfer or even by promoting a youngster from within the club that Klopp rates highly. I understand your point tho, we gotta keep our top players.

Lallana is a very gifted player that can help us when healthy and on form, but the sad reality is that he spends much more time on the sideline than he does on the pitch.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39600: Jun 16, 2019 07:54:15 pm

Hopefully nothing! Haven't been impressed with him whenever he played for Lyon.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #39601: Jun 16, 2019 08:10:56 pm
      Not evev when he knocked in two against city?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39602: Jun 16, 2019 08:42:14 pm
      Not evev when he knocked in two against city?

I liked him then :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39603: Jun 16, 2019 10:54:33 pm
      If we get Mbappe that's the double secured next season.

Work your magic LeBron.  :D

JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #39604: Jun 17, 2019 03:25:59 am

Our new backup keeper and our new striker.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #39605: Jun 17, 2019 11:41:20 am
      Oh I agree mate but it's just not going to happen.

We would need to sell Salah for ÂŁ200 million and replace with Mbappe.

We can't play fantasy football like PSG and City.

Yeh I agree mate, was just saying it would be a dream if we did sign Mbappe and play him with Salah and Mane.

Quick Reply