Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179307 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39606: Jun 17, 2019 02:06:38 pm
      Fernandes and Werner would do nicely this Summer.

Just a GK and defender also for cover and we're set.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39607: Jun 17, 2019 02:22:28 pm
      Really can't see us signing B.Fernandes unless we sell, Lallana, Ox or Shaqiri, and I can't see us selling them.

I think Lallana will be sold.

Possibly back to Saints as part of the McCarthy deal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39608: Jun 17, 2019 03:05:34 pm
      I think Lallana will be sold.

Possibly back to Saints as part of the McCarthy deal.

I donā€™t rate Lallana but weā€™d be better off selling him rather than including him in a deal for a backup keeper IMO.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39609: Jun 17, 2019 03:46:53 pm
      I donā€™t rate Lallana but weā€™d be better off selling him rather than including him in a deal for a backup keeper IMO.

Why, what's the difference?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39610: Jun 17, 2019 03:50:39 pm

Because Lallana would be worth more than McCarthy. Injuries or not, Lallana would likely sell for the best part of Ā£20mill and McCarthy certainly wouldnā€™t go for anywhere near that.

You donā€™t trade something thatā€™s worth more than what you are trading it for.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39611: Jun 17, 2019 04:26:01 pm
      I canā€™t be the only one looking at Mbappe and going... ā€˜Go on thenā€™
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39612: Jun 17, 2019 05:09:53 pm
      The bullshit season in full flow
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39613: Jun 17, 2019 05:17:57 pm
      https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1140615993213038593

whiel we are in BS land, how about this one.

Talent only, he is mouth watering but wages and attitude are not where we need them to be.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39614: Jun 17, 2019 06:32:54 pm
      https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1140615993213038593

whiel we are in BS land, how about this one.

Talent only, he is mouth watering but wages and attitude are not where we need them to be.

My favorite part of this how we are being "offered a chance."

I suppose if a club is willing to spend 90 million on a player, they already have "a chance."  To sign nearly anyone, that is

If we were going to make a major signing I think such a deal would already be done. I expect Klopp is still on holiday and any squad revisions this year (I mean tinkering around the edges) will be done during preseason as some youth/loan players are given an opportunity to spend the year (or at least until January) with our first team squad. Don't be blue about this. We have a great squad already and we'll have preseason matches to entertain us again in just 2-3 weeks.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39615: Jun 17, 2019 06:33:47 pm
      Great teams donā€™t sell great players. I suggest a banning for any ā€œfanā€ on this forum that posts anything resembling an assertion that we should sell our best players. Hell, I donā€™t even think we should be talking about selling guys like Lallana and Lovren.

We've done it quite a few times, and did it plenty of times during the 70's and 80's.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39616: Jun 17, 2019 09:54:59 pm
      Keegan sold, Kenny Dalglish bought,what a master stroke.We also made a profit of 50,000 quid.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #39617: Jun 17, 2019 10:14:03 pm
      Perhaps we should put a bid in for Messi. Sure he'd love to play for the Uefa Champions League winners.

You know, the best team in Europe.

6 times.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39618: Jun 17, 2019 11:15:24 pm
      Klopp is like a Foster Carer for footballers he is very careful who he Fosters and will not do anything to upset his family at home.  We have the most together squad I can remember and I would rather go with what we have now than pay a fortune for a Billy big bollocks (no offence meant Billy) who comes in with the wrong attitude.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39619: Jun 17, 2019 11:18:47 pm
      Klopp is like a Foster Carer for footballers he is very careful who he Fosters and will not do anything to upset his family at home.  We have the most together squad I can remember and I would rather go with what we have now than pay a fortune for a Billy big bollocks (no offence meant Billy) who comes in with the wrong attitude.

No offence taken John,I just wish you would warm your hands prior to handling my bollocks.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39620: Jun 17, 2019 11:22:11 pm
      No offence taken John,I just wish you would warm your hands prior to handling my bollocks.

any news on our old Pal Skip I have sent him a couple of messages but no reply yet I do hope he is good
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39621: Jun 17, 2019 11:31:28 pm
      any news on our old Pal Skip I have sent him a couple of messages but no reply yet I do hope he is good

Not heard from Skip (it is worrying) I still p.m. him every week as I promised I would do when he first started with the Chemo.Skip is Liverpool through and through and he should be enjoying these glorious days with the rest of us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39622: Jun 17, 2019 11:53:24 pm
      I canā€™t be the only one looking at Mbappe and going... ā€˜Go on thenā€™

You're not mate. Keep going back to what JWH said before the Champions League Final about being upset about not winning the Title, CL feels like a very nice consolation prize but how he really wanted the PL Title and that he would back JĆ¼rgen to the hilt to make it happen.

Well JWH spend 200-250m , get Mbappe and we'd be nailed on to win the League. Do it John, you know you want too.  :D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39623: Jun 18, 2019 12:42:56 am

Strength in Unity.

Unity in Strength.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39624: Jun 18, 2019 06:52:03 am
      I got this sneaky feeling that we'll do a Naby Keita with Houssem Aouar. JĆ¼rgen absolutely adores him, we've scouted him a million times and we might agree a deal that makes him stay at France for 1 more year as he'll want to play frequently with the Euros upcoming.

Would be over the moon if this happens. He is just too perfect for us.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39625: Jun 18, 2019 12:03:44 pm
      I got this sneaky feeling that we'll do a Naby Keita with Houssem Aouar. JĆ¼rgen absolutely adores him, we've scouted him a million times and we might agree a deal that makes him stay at France for 1 more year as he'll want to play frequently with the Euros upcoming.

Would be over the moon if this happens. He is just too perfect for us.

If he's perfect couldn't he play enough games for us?  A player rotating out every fourth match (4 players rotating to 3 positions) could still start 45 matches fkr us this season
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #39626: Jun 18, 2019 12:03:57 pm
      My favorite part of this how we are being "offered a chance."

I suppose if a club is willing to spend 90 million on a player, they already have "a chance."  To sign nearly anyone, that is

If we were going to make a major signing I think such a deal would already be done. I expect Klopp is still on holiday and any squad revisions this year (I mean tinkering around the edges) will be done during preseason as some youth/loan players are given an opportunity to spend the year (or at least until January) with our first team squad. Don't be blue about this. We have a great squad already and we'll have preseason matches to entertain us again in just 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, it's like Barcelona know they bought a dud in coutinho and want some of that money back.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39627: Jun 18, 2019 12:17:05 pm
      If he's perfect couldn't he play enough games for us?  A player rotating out every fourth match (4 players rotating to 3 positions) could still start 45 matches fkr us this season

Well, I'll be over the moon and mars if we can bring him this summer. Houssem typically plays the left sided CM in a 4-3-3 and in a midfield 2 alongside Ndombele (Fab here).

However, talks of a new deal for Milly would probably mean he is cool to be a squad player, which means excluding Lallana, we got 6 central midfield options - Fab, Hendo, Gini, Naby, Ox & Milly. And we could probably bring in a #10 profile this summer. Hence the wish/guess/hope for bringing Houssem next season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39628: Jun 18, 2019 01:43:50 pm
      Well, I'll be over the moon and mars if we can bring him this summer. Houssem typically plays the left sided CM in a 4-3-3 and in a midfield 2 alongside Ndombele (Fab here).

However, talks of a new deal for Milly would probably mean he is cool to be a squad player, which means excluding Lallana, we got 6 central midfield options - Fab, Hendo, Gini, Naby, Ox & Milly. And we could probably bring in a #10 profile this summer. Hence the wish/guess/hope for bringing Houssem next season.

People talk of Ajax being dismantled by selling their best players, but how about Lyon? For me, they have one of the best midfield in Europe. Aouar, Ndombele, Fekir and Tousart (very good DM). Such a shame we are full up in midfield, otherwise I'd have liked us to buy Aouar, Ndombele and Fekir..... + Rabiot :D

Quick Reply