Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179875 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39675: Jun 23, 2019 05:26:46 pm
      Well yes you actually do have to explain it unless you want to come across as an idiot. My point is that Citeh have a bench full of players who would walk into most other teams first XI, yet they are all happy, this disproves your assertion that we can't possibly get another top quality forward as they would not want to sit on the "bench". The reason I say it is possible is because of the kind of rotation of players which Citeh do and which we also do in midfield. In the modern game professional footballers are perfectly comfortable with rotation.
      If you want to debate your position I'd be happy to hear it.

Are they ?

When Aguero was stuck on the bench he wasn’t happy

Sane hasn’t been happy stuck on the bench

Jesus hasn’t been happy stuck on the bench

And over the next season if players like Ilkay don’t play enough then they will get restless

If someone is “happy” to sit on the bench then what motivates them - they are just happy to pick up the wage without playing and some of them get a nice wage for it as well.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #39676: Jun 23, 2019 05:52:02 pm
      Whatever way you want to disect what Heimy is saying surely we all see the merit in adding another top quality forward.

I agree with him 100% there is no way we go another season without injury to our front 3.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39677: Jun 23, 2019 06:00:18 pm
      Except I didn't call him an idiot did I? What I said was "Well yes you actually do have to explain it unless you want to come across as an idiot." the key word there being unless and I maintain that anyone who refutes an argument with an insult or sly dig without countering it, is an idiot.

BTW if we get a 4th top striker, why on earth do you think they would not play plenty of games, it would simply be the same as our midfield where we rotate players into and out of the starting XI as per their form and fitness. Do you perhaps think that our midfielders are pissed off that there are more than 3 of them or defenders that there are more than 4 defenders??

The simple truth is that we have no adequate backup for our forwards, despite his very valuable goals Origi is not even close to the level of Sadio, Bobby or MO and Brewster is a completely unknown quantity at this time.

IF we can acquire another forward of a similar level o our current front three then I think we will walk the league next year if not then we will lose again, probably by a bigger margin because no way do we go another season without any major or lengthy injury to our front three.

Man do you like to move the goalsticks or what?  I've said more than once I'm fine with rotation. The discussion had been about "cover" for our starting forwards.  Even here you say we have no adequate backup (what does divock have to do If winning the champions league isn't enough?).

So if now you are saying we should spend big on a 4th forward who play a similar amount to the current three starters, well maybe, but that isn't how ive always understood the term "cover."

But the topic/target moves a lot with you, doesn't it? and btw, you do in essence call Walt an idiot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39678: Jun 23, 2019 06:52:41 pm
      City can have 100 quality players they beat us by one Point and we won the European Cup go figure.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39679: Jun 23, 2019 07:14:59 pm
      Idk exactly if PL players are paid only for the 38 game-weeks or more
      If this is the case, players are playing in many non PL games and not getting paid for their efforts.
      It's not the case......players are paid for all 52 weeks or whatever the contract terms are.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39680: Jun 23, 2019 07:31:12 pm
      Wages taken from various sites, and I think I may be missing some players for City.

Ederson                £65,000   
      Claudio Bravo       £80,000
      Vincent Kompany   £120,000   
      Nicolas Otamendi   £120,000   
      John Stones       £100,000   
      Benjamin Mendy    £90,000 
      Kyle Walker        £100,000   
      Danilo                   £80,000   
      Aymeric Laporte     £65,000   
      Fernandinho       £150,000
      Fabian Delph        £90,000   
      Rahim Sterling       £180,000   
      Ilkay Gündogan       £120,000   
      David Silva        £220,000   
      Bernando Silva       £120,000
      Riyad Mahrez        £120,000
      Kevin De Bruyne    £350,000
      Sergio Agüero        £250,000
      Gabriel Jesus        £90,000   
      Leroy Sané       £90,000

Total: 26m

Alisson                    £120,000
      Simon Mignolet           £60,000
      Virgil Van Dijk           £150,000
      Joel Matip                   £70,000   
      Dejan Lovren           £90,000   
      Joe Gomez            £30,000   
      Andrew Robertson    £50,000   
      Alberto Moreno           £40,000
      Nathaniel Clyne      £70,000
      T.Alexander-Arnold     £50,000
      Fabinho                    £100,000
      Georginio Wijnaldum    £90,000
      Jordan Henderson   £100,000    
      James Milner           £120,000   
      Oxlade-Chamberlain   £90,000   
      Naby Keïta            £120,000
      Adam Lallana       £65,000   
      Sadio Mané       £90,000   
      Mohamed Salah     £200,000
      Xherdan Shaqiri    £90,000
      Roberto Firmino    £180,000
      Daniel Sturridge      £120,000

Total: 20m

Isn't Mane's new contract 150k/week ?
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6419525/Sadio-Mane-set-sign-new-long-term-deal-Liverpool-worth-150-000-week.html
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39681: Jun 23, 2019 07:33:22 pm

YEah, that sh*t needs to be updated! Also some players missing from City side.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #39682: Jun 23, 2019 07:42:30 pm
      If this is the case, players are playing in many non PL games and not getting paid for their efforts.
      It's not the case......players are paid for all 52 weeks or whatever the contract terms are.
      Wow, so the wage bill is even bigger than I thought it was. That's a whopping 312M more than us paid by City according to those numbers.
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #39683: Jun 23, 2019 08:22:55 pm

Think about it, we lost the league only at the Etihad. Largely because Joe was out. And now that Matip is playing at a very good level, there’s probably enough cover in defence.

Honestly, losing on the road to the league's top dog rates about 6th on my list of reasons why LFC came up short in the PL.
      Three nil-nil draws overall and scoring a grand total of 1 goal verses MNC in two games rates more significant to me.....and one of the reasons I want LFC to bring in a certified 4th striker this offseason.
      Firmino gets dinged a lot, Salah has had issues verses Top 6 teams....and the season is so long
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39684: Jun 23, 2019 09:27:49 pm
      Wow, so the wage bill is even bigger than I thought it was. That's a whopping 312M more than us paid by City according to those numbers.

Or 6M more per week.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,696 posts | 837 
      Reply #39685: Jun 24, 2019 05:52:36 am
      Sure looks better when put that way, but I'm sure FSG see it the 312M way tho ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39686: Jun 24, 2019 10:17:23 am
      Sure looks better when put that way, but I'm sure FSG see it the 312M way tho ;D

I'm sure Man City do have a higher wage bill but I reckon 312M more a year seems a bit unlikely.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39687: Jun 24, 2019 10:33:54 am
      I'm sure Man City do have a higher wage bill but I reckon 312M more a year seems a bit unlikely.

Pretty sure that figure includes paying their "fans" to come watch as well.  :D :D :D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39688: Jun 24, 2019 01:03:17 pm
      Milan have also cooled their interest in Lovren. Looks like both are set to stay as squad players. Absolutely, no complaints. Both know their playing time is reduced, so if they are up for it and contribute when called upon, everyone is happy.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1143118840513146880

So, we'll bring in probably just 2 - a squad player, LB/LCB profile (kinda like a JoeG on the other side) and an attacking player. Replacements for Moreno and Sturridge.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39689: Jun 24, 2019 02:18:47 pm
      Completely happy with Lovren and Migs staying. They have completely bought into the team concept and are accepting diminished roles (almost non-existent in the case of Migs) and will serve as quality backup instead of disruptions.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39690: Jun 24, 2019 02:22:12 pm
      Completely happy with Lovren and Migs staying. They have completely bought into the team concept and are accepting diminished roles (almost non-existent in the case of Migs) and will serve as quality backup instead of disruptions.

I wouldn't call Migs a quality back up but he's better than car crash Karius so will do on the bench for one more season.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #39691: Jun 24, 2019 02:32:33 pm

Happy with that too.

There are loads of games next season - so both will get a good share of matches. Lovren could be in a shout for a long term place too. He is not as bad as some make out. Quite decent actually!

For me, the back is sorted. We just need to be sure to replace Sturridge with a good goal scorer who can fit in/rotate with our front 3. Possibly a top class creative midfielder too - but that's all that's on my wish list.

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39692: Jun 24, 2019 02:38:29 pm
      I wouldn't call Migs a quality back up but he's better than car crash Karius so will do on the bench for one more season.

How many teams in the league have backups who are better than Migs?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39693: Jun 24, 2019 02:42:01 pm
      Happy with that too.

There are loads of games next season - so both will get a good share of matches. Lovren could be in a shout for a long term place too. He is not as bad as some make out. Quite decent actually!

For me, the back is sorted. We just need to be sure to replace Sturridge with a good goal scorer who can fit in/rotate with our front 3. Possibly a top class creative midfielder too - but that's all that's on my wish list.

Lovren is a very good defender, the problem with him is those darn injuries, but with so many games there will need to be plenty of rotation so Lovren should get a decent amount of games. As for Migs, maybe Klopp rewards him with the club world cup or something, but let's face it, there is little need for rotation in goal from a fatigue perspective unlike with field players.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39694: Jun 24, 2019 03:38:25 pm
      Milan have also cooled their interest in Lovren. Looks like both are set to stay as squad players. Absolutely, no complaints. Both know their playing time is reduced, so if they are up for it and contribute when called upon, everyone is happy.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/1143118840513146880

So, we'll bring in probably just 2 - a squad player, LB/LCB profile (kinda like a JoeG on the other side) and an attacking player. Replacements for Moreno and Sturridge.

Echo says Daily Express says Origi reps are shopping him around Europe. Seems unlikely to me given we accepted an offer from wolves last summer and he wanted to stay. His prospects to play more here are a lot better than they were 12 months ago.

Should I have stopped at "daily express says" ?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #39695: Jun 24, 2019 04:41:04 pm
      Should I have stopped at "daily express says" ?

Absolutely ;D

The good thing about this summer is the players who were possibly going to be moved on have all put in a great shift last season. Melissa clearly has indicated, aside the back-up LB and a versatile attacker, we would shop only if there are sales.

We all knows Jürgen prefers continuity and he/Edwards are quite happy to let the likes of Origi, Lallana leave the club on free, similar to Emre Can. When other teams are shopping for absolute starters, the market knows we are in only for squad depth and Jürgen possibly sees capability, commitment and desire in the likes we have.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39696: Jun 24, 2019 06:56:57 pm
      Or maybe it’s being said we are happy to keep Migs, Lallana etc because then we can get a bit more for them. If it’s publicly known a player is up for sale, then the teams interested will just come in with lowball offers.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39697: Jun 24, 2019 11:34:57 pm
      Used to look at anfieldhq (Oliver Bond) twitter for transfer news, as I’ve seen a number of people use this site as a link too as used to seem pretty decent where transfer news was concerned. That changed when he started posting stuff that was coming from the shitrag and now he has been called out by Robbo for posting bollocks. Can add this to the time he was called out by Pearce for posting things from the Echo and passing it off as his own.

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1143216877608587264

So basically, any transfer news from this clown, give it a swerve.

Quick Reply