Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179326 times
      Dutch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 10 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39698: Jun 25, 2019 08:52:19 am
      Some highlights on our newest transfer target.

https://twitter.com/KeySportsMGMT/status/1143407787575300098
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #39699: Jun 25, 2019 09:07:04 am
      Used to look at anfieldhq (Oliver Bond) twitter for transfer news, as I’ve seen a number of people use this site as a link too as used to seem pretty decent where transfer news was concerned. That changed when he started posting stuff that was coming from the shitrag and now he has been called out by Robbo for posting bollocks. Can add this to the time he was called out by Pearce for posting things from the Echo and passing it off as his own.

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1143216877608587264

So basically, any transfer news from this clown, give it a swerve.

Outed as a Tory too.....my youngest hates him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39700: Jun 25, 2019 09:30:36 am

Looks like a huge prospect this kid.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #39701: Jun 25, 2019 02:49:41 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #39702: Jun 25, 2019 02:52:34 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39703: Jun 25, 2019 03:09:32 pm

Is it me or have they photoshopped the wrong player? Unless I’m missing something, I’m fairly sure that’s not Nicolas Pepe :laugh:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #39704: Jun 25, 2019 03:36:03 pm
      Used to look at anfieldhq (Oliver Bond) twitter for transfer news, as I’ve seen a number of people use this site as a link too as used to seem pretty decent where transfer news was concerned. That changed when he started posting stuff that was coming from the shitrag and now he has been called out by Robbo for posting bollocks. Can add this to the time he was called out by Pearce for posting things from the Echo and passing it off as his own.

https://mobile.twitter.com/andrewrobertso5/status/1143216877608587264

So basically, any transfer news from this clown, give it a swerve.

Unfollowed after the Robbo article..
      macbk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts | 64 
      Reply #39705: Jun 25, 2019 08:03:49 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39706: Jun 25, 2019 08:34:17 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39707: Jun 25, 2019 08:47:36 pm
      I read it. As sourcing goes, very underwhelming.

His source (according to him) is literally the player (Pepe).
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39708: Jun 25, 2019 08:49:12 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39709: Jun 25, 2019 10:09:02 pm
      Bouhafsi and Reddy are both very reliable and only put something out there if they are 100% sure it seems.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1143612454250962944
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019 10:18:17 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39710: Jun 25, 2019 10:14:08 pm
      Wait to see if Barca sign Neymar and then go and get Dembele from them I say.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39711: Jun 25, 2019 10:18:31 pm
      Bouhafsi and Reddy are both very reliable and only put something out there unless they are 100% sure of it it seems.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1143612454250962944

My only question, why would Edwards call a team to tell them we didn’t have any interest in their player? That sounds like something the club would tell one of their mouthpieces to me. If she’s right; this Boufassi guy blew his credibility big time and is being used. He also tweeted that he expected the media to come out and refute his claims. Very interesting.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39712: Jun 25, 2019 11:53:14 pm
      My only question, why would Edwards call a team to tell them we didn’t have any interest in their player? That sounds like something the club would tell one of their mouthpieces to me. If she’s right; this Boufassi guy blew his credibility big time and is being used. He also tweeted that he expected the media to come out and refute his claims. Very interesting.

Either Reddy or the other guy will be losing some credibility over this. Both seem adamant, but I’m with you on why would the club call another club to deny interest in a player? Think Edwards probably has enough on his plate rather than be messing around with doing that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39713: Jun 26, 2019 02:23:31 am
      Either Reddy or the other guy will be losing some credibility over this. Both seem adamant, but I’m with you on why would the club call another club to deny interest in a player? Think Edwards probably has enough on his plate rather than be messing around with doing that.

Exactly, and does he feel the need to call every team that we are linked with one of their players?

Somethings not right one way or the other.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39714: Jun 26, 2019 03:11:11 am
      His source (according to him) is literally the player (Pepe).

I don't see him quoting Pepe. I guess we'll find out but it may be a courtesy for Edwards to call them so he is not seen as trying to turn a players head, keeping a good relationship for any possible future dealings, I don't know.
      What Reddy says is very absolute. The other guy has more wiggle room.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39715: Jun 26, 2019 04:14:02 am
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/inside-story-liverpools-transfer-window-16484097

Gorst is replacing Pearce as the The Echo writer and this is a pretty thorough look at what is and isn't happening with our transfer strategy for this window (mostly it isn't happening).

Not replacing Moreno, not replacing Sturridge, not selling Divock, probably not selling Mignolet, maybe some younger prospects like Van Den Berg - and that's pretty much it. Unless this new beat writer is totally fabricating the story, he's getting his info from the horse's mouth.

OK, I'm ready for preseason friendlies to begin now.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39716: Jun 26, 2019 04:30:32 am
      I don't see him quoting Pepe. I guess we'll find out but it may be a courtesy for Edwards to call them so he is not seen as trying to turn a players head, keeping a good relationship for any possible future dealings, I don't know.
      What Reddy says is very absolute. The other guy has more wiggle room.

After someone challenged him on his source he tweeted a picture of himself standing with Pepe as a response. So he's basically claiming that he has first hand knowledge. I don't buy into Edwards thinking he has to keep a good relationship. We basically go shopping at Southampton like it's Tesco and other than Virgil (which was down to our own local journalists leaking too much info) we've never worried about saving face with them. Edwards wouldn't get anything done if he had to respond to every team whom we've been linked with their player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39717: Jun 26, 2019 04:34:10 am
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/inside-story-liverpools-transfer-window-16484097

Gorst is replacing Pearce as the The Echo writer and this is a pretty thorough look at what is and isn't happening with our transfer strategy for this window (mostly it isn't happening).

Not replacing Moreno, not replacing Sturridge, not selling Divock, probably not selling Mignolet, maybe some younger prospects like Van Den Berg - and that's pretty much it. Unless this new beat writer is totally fabricating the story, he's getting his info from the horse's mouth.

OK, I'm ready for preseason friendlies to begin now.

The Echo has been rubbish for awhile now. If there's one thing we know, it's that Pearce, Reddy and the like don't ever "break" news anymore. They only ever report things when they are basically already known. They are basically mouthpieces for what the club wants people to know. This guy may not know what he's talking about but he certainly is going out on a limb on this one and I think he has a good reputation for transfer news elsewhere.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39718: Jun 26, 2019 06:45:36 am
      Seems like now and again the club with throw the journos a home like Van Den Berg but mostly have the door sealed tight on business
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39719: Jun 26, 2019 12:04:31 pm
      The Echo has been rubbish for awhile now. If there's one thing we know, it's that Pearce, Reddy and the like don't ever "break" news anymore. They only ever report things when they are basically already known. They are basically mouthpieces for what the club wants people to know. This guy may not know what he's talking about but he certainly is going out on a limb on this one and I think he has a good reputation for transfer news elsewhere.

This article with Gorst seems much more credible to me than the one about Pepe.  If it isn't, than a relatively new beat writer is discredited from the beginning.

Edwards doesn't say that to every club with a player we're linked with, but for some reason he apparently did in this case.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #39720: Jun 26, 2019 12:45:33 pm
      This article with Gorst seems much more credible to me than the one about Pepe.  If it isn't, than a relatively new beat writer is discredited from the beginning.

Edwards doesn't say that to every club with a player we're linked with, but for some reason he apparently did in this case.

Which is what seems strange to me. It doesn’t really benefit us in any way for Edwards to take such a step. We are (sometimes seemingly credibly) linked with multiple players in any given window. Why such a rush to try and discredit this one report when there is only one guy reporting on it?

Quick Reply