Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4198160 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39905: Jul 05, 2019 09:52:37 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39906: Jul 05, 2019 09:53:12 pm
      Just presuming but as an outgoing surely Clyney must be off somewhere? Interesting to see what his value in the market would be. It's in all honesty probably halved over the last 18 months.

For all the talk about how it was apparently a mistake to get rid of Clyne on loan, it says a lot about him when as it stands, even Bournemouth have no interest in making his move a permanent one.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #39907: Jul 05, 2019 10:22:09 pm
      Business will get done be patient

I think it probably will as well mate
      Derfish
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #39908: Jul 06, 2019 02:01:25 am
      The worry is no Salah, mane & Bobbi for possibly the 1st couple of league games.

But I cant see Klopp buying more forwards to cover those games.

Right. Also, it takes guys a while to get the hang of Klopp’s system.  I wouldn’t expect any summer signing to start at the beginning of the season - at best, they would come off the bench after an hour.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #39909: Jul 06, 2019 09:58:30 am
      Depends on the player Ronaldo was 18 when he made his debut by 19 he was a regular at united and hasn't really struggled with any injuries throughout his career. Owen is well know to have been the worst trainer and didnt look after himself very well as didnt Mellor. Even though hes had injuries I think maybe like Gerrard they maybe growth related so let's see what next season brings.

Didn't work so well for the greater Ronaldo though did it?

Ronaldo9 - the greatest natural talent I've ever seen.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #39910: Jul 06, 2019 05:02:54 pm
      I would say at this moment we are more solid than all 4 of those clubs.

In comparison of popularity yes! But when teams like Barca and Madrid are spending 300 million and adding the top players in the world were not equal. I'm not saying we should be spending 300 million every summer, but we should be spending more than we currently are. We lack depth. Our starting 11 are one of the best in the world. But to try to defend the CL and win the PL we need more weapons. Spurs are better and amazingly City got better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39911: Jul 06, 2019 06:01:03 pm
      In comparison of popularity yes! But when teams like Barca and Madrid are spending 300 million and adding the top players in the world were not equal. I'm not saying we should be spending 300 million every summer, but we should be spending more than we currently are. We lack depth. Our starting 11 are one of the best in the world. But to try to defend the CL and win the PL we need more weapons. Spurs are better and amazingly City got better.

Who cares what they spend, just because they are signing players for big money doesn’t mean anything, you only have to look at Coutinho!
      Or look at PSG, near on 400mill worth of players in Neymar and Mbappe alone, what do they have to show for it apart from walking a piss easy league? A league that they made a mess of with amount they were still losing as the season came to a close. They didn’t clean sweep the cups either. Juventus spent 100mill on Ronaldo and little to show for it, they actually had a worse season than when they didn’t have Ronaldo.
      Couldn’t give a sh*t what other teams spend or who they sign because United, Barca etc have been signing all these big name players and it’s not working out for them.
      You don’t know City and Spurs have gotten better, the signings could be a flop.

You say we need better outside our starting 11, and whilst we do, it doesn’t make success any more likely. Look at City, probably the best equipped squad in world football, yet come nowhere close to winning the Champions League.

You worry too much about other teams.
      « Last Edit: Jul 06, 2019 06:06:32 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39912: Jul 06, 2019 06:09:46 pm

You mean the team that won the CL and got 97 points is not strong enough to do that again? ;)

Seriously though.
      Trust the gaffer, stop stressing and enjoy the ride.
      It's going to be another cracking season.

Let other teams worry about us.
      And they do you know.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39913: Jul 06, 2019 06:25:31 pm
      You mean the team that won the CL and got 97 points is not strong enough to do that again? ;)

Seriously though.
      Trust the gaffer, stop stressing and enjoy the ride.
      It's going to be another cracking season.

Let other teams worry about us.
      And they do you know.

Yes they do worry about us, hence why they are spending money to close the gap, we need one more striker to add depth, that's all.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39914: Jul 07, 2019 09:37:04 am
      Apparently after Pep's emotional outburst about how special Anfield is and our historic sign City have now placed a similar one in the tunnel "this is emptyhad" .
      Jürgen has already indicated money is going to have to be spent to keep up with City lets just wait and see who comes in.
      They are going to have to be pretty special to get into this team
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39915: Jul 07, 2019 10:13:22 am
      Apparently after Pep's emotional outburst about how special Anfield is and our historic sign City have now placed a similar one in the tunnel "this is emptyhad" .
      Jürgen has already indicated money is going to have to be spent to keep up with City lets just wait and see who comes in.
      They are going to have to be pretty special to get into this team

sh*t stirring players need not bother applying..
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #39916: Jul 07, 2019 09:08:37 pm
      Who cares what they spend, just because they are signing players for big money doesn’t mean anything, you only have to look at Coutinho!

You're right. We should get Coutinho back ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39917: Jul 07, 2019 11:53:49 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39918: Jul 08, 2019 11:08:10 am

I know literally nothing about this lad, but I agree he needs to sort out his hair. Seems like a decent prospect though.
      ruthcity

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #39919: Jul 08, 2019 11:13:20 am
      You're right. We should get Coutinho back ;D

Yes, every player is worth a price. I'd take him back for £0 in a heartbeat. If that doesn't work out, sell him for £30m. Sweet. Pimp my Cou.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39920: Jul 08, 2019 12:19:10 pm
      Yes, every player is worth a price. I'd take him back for £0 in a heartbeat. If that doesn't work out, sell him for £30m. Sweet. Pimp my Cou.

The 0 amount looks right, but only if Barca pay half his wages. He can play in the FA Trophy we are entering.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #39921: Jul 08, 2019 04:45:52 pm
      ;D yall are wild  ;D
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,313 posts | 180 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #39922: Jul 08, 2019 11:13:58 pm
      ;D why are we talking about Elliot's hair?

Is the joke getting over my head or are we seriously considering he needs to change his F***ing haircut?

I'd rather have a player with that haircut than a player who discusses other people's haircuts.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #39923: Jul 09, 2019 04:37:19 pm
      What if we just splashed out for Neymar?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48915199
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #39924: Jul 09, 2019 04:39:53 pm
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #39925: Jul 09, 2019 04:44:12 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #39926: Jul 09, 2019 07:29:01 pm
      Thinking back through our recent transfers (since Klopp arrived) I think most all of our business has been done relatively early in the window. 

We signed Grujic early in January 2016 (Jürgen's first signing) and loaned him back to Red Star for the rest of the season. 
      In February 2016 we signed Matip on a free transfer to join the following summer. 
      We signed Karius in May of 2016, and followed that up with Mane in June, and Klavan and Gini both arriving in mid-July. 
      We finalized the deal for Solanke in May 2017, the deal for Salah was done by mid-June, and Robbo followed in mid-July. 
      Alex Oxlade Chamberlain was a deadline day signing in the summer of 2017 -- arguably our only piece of really late transfer business. 
      We made a move for VVD early in the summer of 2017, and issued a public apology by June 7th.  Then he formally signed on the first day of the January 2018 transfer window. 
      We also moved for Keita in the summer of 2017 and struck a deal for him to join in the summer of 2018 -- that's the most forward thinking transfer I've ever heard of. 
      We signed Fabinho in May of 2018, and then followed up with Alisson and Shaqiri in mid-July. 

It seems like Klopp prefers to move for his targets early in order to give them time to settle into life and have pre-season with the team.  Mid-July seems to be the cutoff point for most of our business, with AOC being the one exception.  Theoretically, that gives us about 2 weeks to get some business done, if we are going to do any at all. 

Honestly, I don't expect us to do any major business.  We may sign the odd youngster, but no big money / marquee signings.  I really think we are missing an opportunity to add quality depth to the side, but at the end of the day Klopp knows what he wants and needs from the group and if he's happy, then I'm happy. 
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,684 posts | 3359 
      Reply #39927: Jul 09, 2019 07:31:11 pm

Would we really want that sort of person at the club - talented yep but massively disruptive

Quick Reply