Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4178899 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39928: Jul 09, 2019 08:06:18 pm
      Would we really want that sort of person at the club - talented yep but massively disruptive

Might be just me but I don’t think Neymar is actually that great or as good as he is hyped up to be. He’s a good player, no doubt about it but I’d say he’s some way off the top 10. Too much of a show pony IMO. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his teams tend to play better without him.

Only have to look at his behaviour towards people that have beaten him with the ball in his 5 a side thing and when younger players have beaten him in training. Don’t want that at our club and I’m pretty sure Klopp wouldn’t stand for his behaviour like his other managers seem to.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #39929: Jul 09, 2019 08:08:03 pm
      Might be just me but I don’t think Neymar is actually that great or as good as he is hyped up to be. He’s a good player, no doubt about it but I’d say he’s some way off the top 10. Too much of a show pony IMO. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that his teams tend to play better without him.

I agree - for me he has always been overrated , quality player yes but nowhere near the top level
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39930: Jul 09, 2019 08:35:49 pm
      Would we really want that sort of person at the club - talented yep but massively disruptive

The only football player that comes to mind as more detestable than Neymar is Maradona.

I would not want that diving douchebag anywhere near us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39931: Jul 09, 2019 09:06:38 pm

I would!! Still a world class player, and at 27/28, he will be in his peak for the next 3-4 years. Also, his next move will be his final big move. And I have no doubts Klopp will sort him out.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #39932: Jul 09, 2019 09:39:44 pm
      I would!! Still a world class player, and at 27/28, he will be in his peak for the next 3-4 years. Also, his next move will be his final big move. And I have no doubts Klopp will sort him out.

I think some players are really way past sorting out - fellas like Balotelli. I think Neymar is in that list. The pressure that comes with Klopp's job has got to be enough by itself for him to want to have to deal with a manchild on a daily basis. Even if this transfer was possible for us in economic terms, I do not think Klopp would even passingly consider going for it. I think Jürgen knows very well that Liverpool's spirit is about hardworking talent.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #39933: Jul 09, 2019 10:11:07 pm

Only have to look at his behaviour towards people that have beaten him with the ball in his 5 a side thing and when younger players have beaten him in training. Don’t want that at our club and I’m pretty sure Klopp wouldn’t stand for his behaviour like his other managers seem to.

;D you might not like him as an individual but to deny he is not even in the Top 10 is laughable.

He is behind Messi and Ronaldo and then there is a clear water between him and the rest.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39934: Jul 09, 2019 10:18:43 pm
      ;D you might not like him as an individual but to deny he is not even in the Top 10 is laughable.

He is behind Messi and Ronaldo and then there is a clear water between him and the rest.

Agree with that, and I don't know where that thing about teams playing better without him has come from, I'm pretty sure Barcelona fans still miss MSN, winning the Champions League, that sort of thing. PSG score 1 fewer goal on average when he's not playing and have a 10% lower win percentage without him. I'm not keen on Neymar purely for his behaviour.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39935: Jul 09, 2019 11:08:00 pm

You think he’s better than Mbappe?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #39936: Jul 09, 2019 11:11:55 pm

Was about to post something very similar to this.

I'm not sure he's as good as he thinks he's is and couldn't bear watching him in a red shirt.

Never going to happen anyway but just my two cents worth.

On our transfers I'm not sure if we're keeping quiet and then a couple will come out of nowhere or if Jürgen really is happy with what he's got and we won't see much happening.

In his time with us Jürgen and the club have shown they will wait for what they see as the right player and won't buy for the sake of it so if they don't have a deal that will improve on the current squad they will wait until that player is available.
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2019 11:54:47 pm by srslfc »
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #39937: Jul 09, 2019 11:26:46 pm
      Neymar couldn't cope with our league, he'd be black and blue and spend most of the game rolling around eating grass and complaining his mascara has been smudged.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39938: Jul 09, 2019 11:46:51 pm
      Was about to post something very similar to this.

I'm not sure he's as good as he thinks he's is and couldn't bear watching him in a red shirt.

Never going to happen anyway but just my two cents worth.

On our transfers I'm not sure if we're keeping quiet and then a couple will come out of nowhere or if Urgent really is happy with what he's got and we won't see much happening.

In his time with us Urgent and the club have shown they will wait for what they see as the right player and won't buy for the sake of it so if they don't have a deal that will improve on the current squad they will wait until that player is available.

Neymar is an exceptional player who in pure talent is second only to messi. Having said that he has been his own worst enemy far too often recently
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39939: Jul 09, 2019 11:48:26 pm

Couldn't give a toss about him as an individual so it's not a case of liking or disliking him. A player that has been injured as much as he has in the last couple of years cannot be deemed as one of the top players in the world, he's hit good numbers in the French League but it's not exactly a hard league to be doing that in and he'd have less goals had he not thrown a strop and demanded to be on penalties. In the last 2 years do you really think he's been better than Messi, Ronaldo, Salah, Hazard, Virgil, Alisson, Mbappe, Aguero, Sterling, Suarez to name a few? Not a chance, if you think he's performed better than any of them then you need your head testing. If he was behind only Messi and Ronaldo as you say, then why is there no talk of him being a contender for the Balon d'Or?

I'm pretty sure Barcelona fans still miss MSN, winning the Champions League, that sort of thing.

Barca in the league with Neymar - 2nd 87 points, 1st 94 points, 1st 90 points, 2nd 90points.
      Barca in the league since Neymar left - 1st 93 points, 1st 87 points.

Barca won the Champions League with Neymar once, in his second season, the other 3 seasons they didn't get past the QF.
      Since his departure they have had the QF and SF so I wouldn't say they are all that desperate to get him back based on winning the Champions League with him once in 4 years. Barca have hardly felt the affects of losing him. But of course you are right, they will miss the days of winning it 1 time with MSN, just like they'd miss winning it more than once with Iniesta and Xavi. Just like any team would miss winning it, like we missed winning it with Gerrard. Do you think they'd still be missing winning it with MSN had they got the job done this year?....strange statement for you to be saying in all honesty.

If they wanted him back that badly they'd activate his release clause instead of going after Griezemann and keeping hold of Dembele.

Strange replies from you two though, I never denied he was a damn good player, just that I wouldn't have him in the top 10 right now and IMO doesn't match up to his hype, simple as that, didn't expect the sensitive replies as if he was one of our own.
      Having talent is one thing, fulfilling it and living up to it on a consistent basis is completely different.

But anyway it's all irrelevant because he's never going to be a transfer option so I'm leaving this for a slow, rainy day so will move to the actual point of the topic - Shaqiri is more than likely out for the entirety of pre-season with a torn calf, would be lucky to be playing before the end of August IMO, wonder if this will alter our transfer plans with Mane potentially not being back for the start of the season either. No doubt Lallana will pick up an injury when pre-season steps up a gear too.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019 12:24:32 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #39940: Jul 10, 2019 05:16:38 am
      But anyway it's all irrelevant because he's never going to be a transfer option so I'm leaving this for a slow, rainy day so will move to the actual point of the topic - Shaqiri is more than likely out for the entirety of pre-season with a torn calf, would be lucky to be playing before the end of August IMO, wonder if this will alter our transfer plans with Mane potentially not being back for the start of the season either. No doubt Lallana will pick up an injury when pre-season steps up a gear too.

Lallana will not have a single injury this coming season. He's going to be more than just a squad player - watch out for him (goals, assists, recovery and tackles)
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #39941: Jul 10, 2019 07:25:15 am
      Neymar is an exceptional player who in pure talent is second only to messi. Having said that he has been his own worst enemy far too often recently

Bollocks

He is the most overrated player I've seen in my lifetime.

He is selfish to the point its detrimental to the team (any team in fact hes played for)

No coincidence that Brazil won the copa America in his absence
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39942: Jul 10, 2019 07:28:23 am
      Bollocks

He is the most overrated player I've seen in my lifetime.

He is selfish to the point its detrimental to the team (any team in fact hes played for)

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39943: Jul 10, 2019 10:09:44 am

He is a lazy Fecker mate, and a total destabilising element at whatever club he goes to. Remember his performance at Anfield last year? The rest of his teammates working their socks off and him only giving a damn when his team had the ball. I can understand why opposition fans dislike Suarez (he’s a horrible little Fecker!) but you could never question his work ethic. Klopp would never sanction a move for a player like Neymar even if the lad wanted to come and was reasonably priced imho
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #39944: Jul 10, 2019 10:12:16 am
      I think Neymar is one of the best in the world to be honest. He is quality.

However, he would have the ''sanchez'' effect on our team and would probably cost around 150m.

To be honest I would prefer paying 150m for Mbappe who has the potential to be better.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39945: Jul 10, 2019 10:24:52 am
      You know there’s Feck all happening in the transfer market when we’re discussing bloody Neymar!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #39946: Jul 10, 2019 10:53:50 am

he might be a bit of an arse but what a player he is.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #39947: Jul 10, 2019 11:23:34 am
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39948: Jul 10, 2019 12:05:11 pm
      Barca in the league with Neymar - 2nd 87 points, 1st 94 points, 1st 90 points, 2nd 90points.
      Barca in the league since Neymar left - 1st 93 points, 1st 87 points.

How that means they're better without Neymar is beyond me. Since Xavi Hernandez left Barcelona, they've won the league 3 out of 4 times. Does that mean he isn't missed either? That's a very twisted logic.

And you did mean that his teams - plural - perform better without him. That's especially not true of PSG. There are stats around that show they score less, concede more and win less without him. Santos sure as hell became a much worse team without him. And Brazil also perform better with him.

Do you think they'd still be missing winning it with MSN had they got the job done this year?....strange statement for you to be saying in all honesty.

Really? Why? They don't just miss Neymar because of that one Champions League win though - in which he was one of the top scorers - but particularly because he scored 105 and assisted 59 goals in 4 seasons. But yeah right, they sure are happy with Coutinho and wouldn't want Neymar back on their left side.

If they wanted him back that badly they'd activate his release clause instead of going after Griezemann and keeping hold of Dembele.

Except it's not Football Manager, Neymar doesn't have a release clause, you can't possibly ignore his surreal wages at PSG and still, based on what the likes of Leonardo have said to the press, Barcelona are actually interested and it's still only early July.

Strange replies from you two though, I never denied he was a damn good player, just that I wouldn't have him in the top 10 right now and IMO doesn't match up to his hype, simple as that, didn't expect the sensitive replies as if he was one of our own.
      Having talent is one thing, fulfilling it and living up to it on a consistent basis is completely different.

Not sensitive at all mate, I think Neymar is an idiot who has made particularly stupid decisions in the last couple of years, which isn't being helped by injury issues, but that doesn't change the fact he is a consistent performer at the highest level. Still, I said I wouldn't want him at LFC, for his wages are completely distorted and his personality doesn't really fit in the current squad.

That's so not true it's not even funny. Neymar is an annoying character for sure but don't let that get in the way of basic facts.

That does not even make sense. Neymar also didn't play the previous Copa America in 2016 (he played instead in the Rio Olympics, where he was the best player of the gold medalists) and Brazil did not win it. If it wasn't a coincidence that Brazil won it this year, then the same should have applied in 2016, when they couldn't get out of a group with Peru and Ecuador. It's too easy to embrace the narrative that suits your likes or dislikes. The main difference between 2016 and 2019 is called Tite and had very little to do with Neymar.
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019 12:32:22 pm by Diego LFC »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39949: Jul 10, 2019 01:11:26 pm
      Imagine a front 4 of, Mbappe/Neymar, Salah, Firmino and Mane with Wijnaldum & Fabinho behind them! F**k me, we would probably have a crazy amount of territorial advantage % with 100 shots on goal :D

Anyway, seeing as we are not gonna sign them, the next best thing for me would be, F.Anderson :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39950: Jul 10, 2019 01:17:45 pm
      Wouldn’t take Neymar on a free. Toxic player.

Quick Reply