Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4179620 times
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39951: Jul 10, 2019 01:49:48 pm
      How that means they're better without Neymar is beyond me. Since Xavi Hernandez left Barcelona, they've won the league 3 out of 4 times. Does that mean he isn't missed either? That's a very twisted logic.

And you did mean that his teams - plural - perform better without him. That's especially not true of PSG. There are stats around that show they score less, concede more and win less without him. Santos sure as hell became a much worse team without him. And Brazil also perform better with him.

Really? Why? They don't just miss Neymar because of that one Champions League win though - in which he was one of the top scorers - but particularly because he scored 105 and assisted 59 goals in 4 seasons. But yeah right, they sure are happy with Coutinho and wouldn't want Neymar back on their left side.

Except it's not Football Manager, Neymar doesn't have a release clause, you can't possibly ignore his surreal wages at PSG and still, based on what the likes of Leonardo have said to the press, Barcelona are actually interested and it's still only early July.

Not sensitive at all mate, I think Neymar is an idiot who has made particularly stupid decisions in the last couple of years, which isn't being helped by injury issues, but that doesn't change the fact he is a consistent performer at the highest level. Still, I said I wouldn't want him at LFC, for his wages are completely distorted and his personality doesn't really fit in the current squad.

That's so not true it's not even funny. Neymar is an annoying character for sure but don't let that get in the way of basic facts.

That does not even make sense. Neymar also didn't play the previous Copa America in 2016 (he played instead in the Rio Olympics, where he was the best player of the gold medalists) and Brazil did not win it. If it wasn't a coincidence that Brazil won it this year, then the same should have applied in 2016, when they couldn't get out of a group with Peru and Ecuador. It's too easy to embrace the narrative that suits your likes or dislikes. The main difference between 2016 and 2019 is called Tite and had very little to do with Neymar.

Mate, PSG would be significantly better without him, as no manager dares to actually play to tactical strengths but to the player power, particuly Neymar.

We outclassed them at home IMO, and he didn't have a sniff all game

you talk about consistent performers, but I can't name one big game he was the standout player.

Ronaldo is a big game player
      Messi a big game player.

F***ing VVD is a big game player.

you talk about Olympics, when teams are allowed 2 players over 23 (I tjink) of course he will be the best F***ing player against largely kids.

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39952: Jul 10, 2019 02:25:09 pm

Anyway, seeing as we are not gonna sign them, the next best thing for me would be, F.Anderson :D

Me too mate, Anderson would be an awesome signing and well worth the sort of fee he would cost (Iā€™m guessing it would be around the 70 million mark) given West Ham pair a sizeable fee for him last summer. Heā€™s a top quality player who fit in very nicely at LFC.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39953: Jul 10, 2019 02:29:55 pm
      Me too mate, Anderson would be an awesome signing and well worth the sort of fee he would cost (Iā€™m guessing it would be around the 70 million mark) given West Ham pair a sizeable fee for him last summer. Heā€™s a top quality player who fit in very nicely at LFC.

I'd prefer Asension from real. Can play everywhere up front.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39954: Jul 10, 2019 03:28:21 pm
      Mate, PSG would be significantly better without him, as no manager dares to actually play to tactical strengths but to the player power, particuly Neymar.

The thing is though, he's spent a large part of the last couple of seasons out injured, and the fact remains they performed worse without him. Tuchel had plenty of opportunity to play to tactical strengths without Neymar.

you talk about consistent performers, but I can't name one big game he was the standout player.

It's not the player's fault if you don't have a great memory.

He was MOTM when Barcelona achieved arguably their biggest comeback of all time - you can try to remember which one that was. He's been MOTM in the El ClƔssico. He's repeatedly scored against AtlƩtico Madrid. He's scored in the Champions League final, the Confederations Cup final, the Olympic Games final, the Brazilian Cup final, the Libertadores final, the Spanish Cup final, and that's just going off the top of my head. When BarƧa won the Champions League, he scored three times in the semifinals vs Bayern and also three times vs PSG in the quarter finals before that. He's the highest scoring Brazilian in the history of the Champions League, and there have been some half-decent ones before him.

We outclassed them at home IMO, and he didn't have a sniff all game

True, and then he was MOTM in Paris. You can't just cherry pick what suits your argument
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #39955: Jul 10, 2019 03:33:54 pm
      I'd prefer Asension from real. Can play everywhere up front.

We're supposedly actually interested in Asensio. Some rumours going around about that, not sure if even remotely reliable though
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #39956: Jul 10, 2019 04:57:20 pm
      Neymar is a talented player, but he also seems to have gotten super fragile when it comes to injuries (I think this is part of the reason why he is always going to the ground so easy), he would be super expensive both in terms of the transfer fee but also his weekly wages and top of that he also seems to poison the atmosphere when things are not going his way.

We don't need that at the club. I like his talent and can't deny it, but all the rest is just negatives from his salary to his injury prone status and his questionable attitudes. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #39957: Jul 10, 2019 05:47:14 pm
      Looking like weā€™re not going to be doing a huge amount this window then.

Surprising if you ask me and one I hope we donā€™t regret next season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #39958: Jul 10, 2019 05:57:19 pm

Part of it could be that the bigger names have not moved yet so the domino effect has yet to happen. It could simply be the fact that we are waiting on the sidelines until things shake out. In comparison to almost all the bigger clubs in Europe we're in tip top shape and can bide our time for the right opportunity.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #39959: Jul 10, 2019 06:14:23 pm

Klopp means it when he talks about developing players. He believes many of our current  players can still improve (and will). Ox, Lallana, Gomez, Naby, Shaq can all have a much bigger role this season. Divock too. That doesn't county any young players like Brewster. Really only two backup players leaving. Don't forget limits for UEFA and EPL registration re players developed in country and at the club.

The notion of not buying established first team players is not so unusual in it's logic, just in terms of precedent, but the way Klopp operates seems to be working well for us. And of course he's not opposed to spending per se, just doesn't seem to be doing it this window.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39960: Jul 10, 2019 07:22:53 pm

Pretty much been flagged up for ages that we won't be doing much
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39961: Jul 10, 2019 07:32:08 pm
      « Last Edit: Jul 10, 2019 07:42:12 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39962: Jul 10, 2019 07:34:20 pm
      Pretty much been flagged up for ages that we won't be doing much

Still hoping we will sign that one attacking player to challenge Mane and Salah.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #39963: Jul 10, 2019 09:46:08 pm
      Those two Pepe tweets above sum it up, nobody knows!

Iā€™ve been watching some of Pepeā€™a performances and he looks a bit lightweight for the prem to me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39964: Jul 11, 2019 08:31:54 am

None of them know anything. I find it very hard to believe Dominic King from the Daily Mail would have any kind of inside info on our transfer business, or any business for that matter. In fact, given itā€™s a player from the French League, Iā€™d say the French media are in more of a position to know whatā€™s going on.
      Canā€™t imagine for a second that when there is talk of a player the club think ā€œdamn, we need to feed Dominic King some infoā€.

Just a big game of wait and see.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #39965: Jul 11, 2019 08:34:50 am
      Still dont know why were not interested in zaha .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39966: Jul 11, 2019 04:23:15 pm
      Still dont know why were not interested in zaha .

Palace wanting 80mill might have something to do with it.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #39967: Jul 11, 2019 07:10:22 pm
      Palace wanting 80mill might have something to do with it.

90mill is way too much
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #39968: Jul 11, 2019 07:40:46 pm

Agree. For 100M i'd go somewhere else.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #39969: Jul 11, 2019 08:22:20 pm
      Agree. For 100M i'd go somewhere else.

I second that, theres no way hes worth 110M

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #39970: Jul 11, 2019 11:49:03 pm
      Klopp post-match: "The transfer market is open. We will see what we do, but i dont think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time."

The likes of Brewster, Ki Jana Hoever and the return of chamberlain will save us millions in my opinion maybe hence why weā€™re in for a quiet window? No major upgrades needed either only cover for left back and for the forwards.
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39971: Jul 12, 2019 02:24:13 am
      The likes of Brewster, Ki Jana Hoever and the return of chamberlain will save us millions.

Sorry to pick out a small piece of your post, but saving money shouldn't be our goal.  Our primary target should be lifting our 1st league trophy in 30 years, and if it cost 100M to do that  I'd consider it money well spent.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #39972: Jul 12, 2019 08:22:54 am
      Klopp post-match: "The transfer market is open. We will see what we do, but i dont think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time."

The likes of Brewster, Ki Jana Hoever and the return of chamberlain will save us millions in my opinion maybe hence why weā€™re in for a quiet window? No major upgrades needed either only cover for left back and for the forwards.

2 youngsters, one of which has already spent a year out injured and a senior player whoā€™s spent a large part of his career injured.

Itā€™s not a cost saving exercise, if we need to spend to win the league then we should do it. If Klopp really thinks these 3 players, well 2 really because thereā€™s no chance Hoever is ready to be playing Premier League yet, are able to make the difference and take us from 2nd to 1st then we have to trust his judgment and hope we donā€™t regret not spending.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #39973: Jul 12, 2019 08:24:38 am
      Sorry to pick out a small piece of your post, but saving money shouldn't be our goal.  Our primary target should be lifting our 1st league trophy in 30 years, and if it cost 100M to do that  I'd consider it money well spent.

I totally agree we need to concentrate on keeping Big Ears and bringing Number 19 back to Anfield.If it costs 100 million then so be it as we should have enough spare cash to cover it.

Quick Reply